Long story short. Female friend is telling me too much about her dates, including details I don't want to know...

Long story short. Female friend is telling me too much about her dates, including details I don't want to know. I'm really getting uncomfortable about it and there are two things I don't know:

>Is it right to feel uncomfortable about this?
>How do I tell her I don't want to know details, assertively?

Thank you guys

Attached: awkward-comic-literally-seriously-this-is-awkward-300x213.jpg (300x213, 13K)

"I am becoming uncomfortable with the details you are sharing with me about your dates."

>Is it right to feel uncomfortable about this?
Yes.
>How do I tell her I don't want to know details, assertively?
It's unfortunately a really common thing and as close as I've gotten to an explanation is "it's what girls are supposed to do."

Thanks for that, I'll try doing it like that.

>it's what girls are supposed to do
Oh... I'm a guy, by the way.

Maybe I'm reading too into things, you said you're a man? Maybe she's trying to make you jealous, not necessarily because she likes you, maybe she just likes flexing, y'know bragging.

>Maybe she's trying to make you jealous
I do feel there might be some of this. I wouldn't say it's far fetched, given that she did mention she was into me.

>Oh... I'm a guy, by the way.
I figured. I was just saying that's common for women to REALLY overshare about their relationships and > "it's what girls are supposed to do."
is the best explanation for it i've gotten from them.

Might also be part of it.

>that's common for women to REALLY overshare about their relationships and > "it's what girls are supposed to do." is the best explanation for it i've gotten from them.
Wait, is it so? I don't think I quite understand it. See, this girl shared a few details I won't bother diving into, but they were of sexual nature with another guy, and I'm at a loss here.

Sure it is right.

Just tell her that it makes you uncomfortable.

Actually happened to me when I was still innocent and pure, while one of my dearest friend started to have sex and felt the urge to report everything to me.
I simply said to her that I did not want to have "spoilers" about sex, and that I did not like to hear details about it.
She stopped to be so explicit, but once in awhile she could not control her speech.
Was fair enough tho.

Thanks for sharing your experience, that surely helps. I just asked her to tone it down. She's offline but I should get a responde soon.

She'll understand, I'm sure. Good luck anyway!

The only response was an "okay", so I don't know whether she understands or not. But I'm no diviner and I'm not going to wonder what her thoughts are, and it's not my problem if she doesn't want to or is unable to communicate her thoughts. It's a little bothersome, but let's hope her behavior changes.

Thank you dear anons.

Just change the subject with a joke.

>female friend
Quit being an orbiter, cuck. Have some self respect

who fucking cares

what are you some kind of pussy?
she's obv your friend and trusts you with personal details and matters

you put yourself in the friend zone
if you want her pinned down under you stop acting like a tard

I don't think that side stepping solves anything.

>cuck
We're not in a relationship and in fact I had to turn her down because I felt things wouldn't develop properly.

>and trusts you with personal details and matters
So it is wrong to feel like those details are too much for me to handle?

because they're just words you fucking snowflake
its not hurting you , acting like a little bitch is doing nothing but hurting your chances

I think you should develop a thicker skin rather than asking her to keep it pg. If she comfortable talking sexually with you, you have potential prospects with her and her friends because theyll know youre a prude. You also should be afraid to bullshit about sexual things in casual convo.

Firstly. Just tell her to stop, “yea I don’t really need to know how you took some dick last night, shut up.”
Secondly. There’s no such thing as a female friend. You like her, which is why this is actually making you uncomfortable. She knows this and is using you as an emotional tampon (validation.) Either you’re banging her or you’re wasting your time. What meaningful relationship could you actually have with a woman beyond an intimate one (aka sex) that you couldn’t better have with a dude. There is none.
>tldr tell her to shut up. Even better stop being an orbiter to women. So start dating her or stop being friends with her.

*not* a prude lol

*shouldnt* be afraid lol

>not hanging out with exclusively women
>choosing to spend time with males and thinking this is somehow better

found the flaming faggot

>its not hurting you
It's not hurting me indeed. I feel uncomfortable, however.

>acting like a little bitch is doing nothing but hurting your chances
What chances are there with a girl who lives thousands of miles away, anyways?

I'm not asking to keep things PG with her. Our conversations can be lewd for all I care. I just do not want to know what little things she does with other guys.

>Firstly. Just tell her to stop, “yea I don’t really need to know how you took some dick last night, shut up.”
I already asked her to tone it down in a much less aggressive manner, and she responded with an okay.

>Secondly. There’s no such thing as a female friend.
I beg to differ, but okay.

>You like her, which is why this is actually making you uncomfortable. She knows this and is using you as an emotional tampon (validation.)
I won't deny that I do feel kinda attracted to her and she knows this, although things were a bit... Impossible, so I just had to turn her down. But what emotional validation can there be from telling me her stuff?

>Either you’re banging her or you’re wasting your time.
I can't do the former, so the latter maybe?

>What meaningful relationship could you actually have with a woman beyond an intimate one (aka sex) that you couldn’t better have with a dude. There is none.
Who knows, I'm not a diviner and there are no hard and fast rules to deal with people. "Because a dude can do the same as a girl, therefore you shouldn't be friends with women" is some faulty logic.

people move
things change
life goes on

stop being a baby bitch

Okay, and what's the takeaway from your comment?

>waste of quads again

there's no such thing as bad words, only bad intentions - in America people are free to say whatever they want at any time

stop being a vagina

She's trying to make you jealous.
Girls play stupid a lot, because guys are retarded and let them. GENERALLY, she's not going to go into details like that if she's with someone who likes her. It's
>Yeah, I watched a movie last night with a friend.
Not
>Yeah, we got about half way through your favorite studio Ghibli film before we went to bed and started cuddle fucking for hours. He told me he loved me I secretly wanted the pill to fail a little bit.
Even if you're not into her, you might just be a guy who feels really awful about not having that sort of thing, so they'll usually keep it to themselves.

>in America people are free to say whatever they want at any time
So, your argument boils down to "people are free to say whatever they want, therefore what others say shouldn't bother you". Is that it? Because if so, I am also free to feel whatever I want as well. What shall we do whenever there is a clash of rights?

I didn't want to arrive to that conclusion but I feel you might be right. If she's trying to make me feel jealous using this sort of tactics, this could lead me to bring my respect for her down. I cannot respect people who maliciously manipulate others.

Do you think I did the right thing by asking her to tone that down?

>maliciously
I mean, I don't know if I'd call mooning over you malicious. It's just manipulative.
Is it really that bad, having someone who wants you? I don't really know what it's like outside of this 50 year-old fat chick that my boss tried to set me up with (I wish that were a joke).

You might be right, maybe maliciously was too strong of a word. Truth be said, I never liked others trying to play with feelings to get their emotional needs met. For example, whenever a girl tries being cold so I give her attention, or like now when they try to make me jealous. Why not just be a little bit more straightforward? I would really appreciate that.

>I don't really know what it's like outside of this 50 year-old fat chick that my boss tried to set me up with
Yikes, how desperate was that woman?

>Wait, is it so?

Example?
One woman I used to work with would complain to me to me that her bf would not indulge her piss fetish. Another would describe different positions she wanted to try.
A more tame example would be a group convo where several would compareforeplay and then ask me what they could do to get them to do certain things.

It happens,
but it sounds like you've made your point known. She should probably tone it down. Probably.

Wow, I'm at a loss, this kind of oversharing is a bit too much. I don't think I'd get comfortable talking about that at all.

>How desperate was that woman?
Well, after about 3 months of stalking me after my boss got her juices flowing, she tried dating the schizophrenic guy who's slightly older than me. THEN she started going out with an Indian guy (who happens to be my best friend) who was almost as old as she was. HE only saw her as a friend, up to the point where he went over to her house to watch a movie, and when she started, as he put it, "putting her elephant leg on him", he shot her down, because he's a sharper guy and can't really handle how dumb she is. We still joke about it.

She got the point with me one day, though. I kinda passed her by without looking at her (because eye contact is what gets bitches gushing), and kept walking, not realizing she was going in the same direction as me. I rounded the corner on this absolutely beautiful redhead (I'm ginger, I plan on making gingers.), slender, pale like alabaster, couldn't be older than 21. As I passed her, I turned my head to watch her leave, and realized that the old lady was watching me watch her leave.

It was an awkward moment, but I never had another problem with her after that.

I feel sorry about you, that sounds like a very uncomfortable situation. I'm glad it's over!

Discomfort is how we grow.
I learned more about myself and handling other people from it. When your boss asks "do you like her", shrugging and saying "she seems shy" does not equate with a "DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE YOU OLD BIDDY!"

From a fellow ginger, godspeed on making those gingers. You are doing your part!