My girlfriend just told me she thinks I’m a high functioning autist and now I’m in a really fucked up mood and not...

My girlfriend just told me she thinks I’m a high functioning autist and now I’m in a really fucked up mood and not even sure if I want to pursue this relationship anymore.

I’m honestly really hurt that she thought that, let alone worked up the nerve to tell that to me. I almost don’t want to talk to her anymore.

Attached: 9F74194B-0FC9-421F-8D93-EDD042044B10.jpg (800x450, 50K)

Actually I should have posted this image, it’s closer to how I’m feeling.

Attached: C9E4BBDF-A628-49D7-BEE8-58D6DE0C0E16.jpg (640x480, 35K)

Yep, you totally have autism.

I’m a very misunderstood person and I took her for someone that could understand me and not judge me so harshly like everyone else but then she goes and says this, and it’s like, what am I even dating you for anymore if that’s what you think about me. What the fuck. I’m actually livid she said that man. I’m severely disappointed at her perception of me.

talk to her about it

I feel like at most that will just say “hey that wasn’t okay for you to say” but it’s deeper than that for me. I thought she knew me better than to attribute my qualities to a disorder, and I really don’t know if I can move past such judgement. It especially hurts because when I was in the military I had two people tell me they thought that I was but that was because they never even got to know me, and they took it back when they started to understand me.

did you ask her what made her think that? it honestly might not even be a bad thing depending on who you are. my bf and I(gay) think I'm a high functioning autist because i fixate on information no one else cares about but that's one thing he says he likes about me. being weird or different isn't bad, as long as you are clean, healthy and find a reason to be confident in yourself.

as somebody who's ex once told him the same thing. suck it up. you probably are.

Embrace your autistic self dweeb
Show her that you are an extraordinary functioning autist and be proud
Get us autistic children and autistic grand children
We need more autism in the world because the planet is really fucked so why the hell not

Fuck her anus.

She's probably right
Haven't sex

>caring about what your girlfriend thinks

>GC calls him HFA
>proceeds to write essay on Jow Forums about 1 comment
If it helps, I believe that 80% of Jow Forums users are also autists, so you are in good company.

Your GF is right. I hope she dumps you because you are clearly a piece of shit that does not love her.

Feels like she's attaching disorder labels to traits or aspects of yourself yiu consider wholly of yourself and not due to autism. She just thinks it's all autism. You don't understand that, but that's because of you not standing in her shoes. She can't see where the weirdness of you ends and where your autism begins. And yes you do have autism, normal people don't make arguments like these. Normal people are not logical enough for it.

Dump the whore. The next thing you know, she’ll start a YouTube channel and be making videos about how great you two’s relationship is despite your disability

I asked her what she meant and she referred back to a joke that I made when I asked her for skin care help, she sent me a scrub and I responded with a sponge and said “like this?” And she thought I was being serious. She’s also taking a course to work with autistic kids and says that when she reads some of those things she thinks back to me sometimes.
I’ve been evaluated by 4 or 5 different psychologists for different reasons and they never even alluded to the idea of me having autism. Only one said he thought that might be the case but that I was too smart for it. My IQ is 150.
Lol, loving a girl I’ve been talking to for >1 year... piss off.

Dude. The fact that you are obsessing this much of 1, I repeat One comment is proof that your autistic.

But why does it matter if your autistic or not.

Oh that a right, you want an excuse for being lazy.

Fuck you, I'm not helping you.

That's because you are and can't recognize she's trying to help you. Unless she uses that as an insult commonly, don't get upset get help.

I think it’s crazy how none of you know me and immediately take her side. Because of one comment that genuinely means a lot to me. Like nobody has ever said 1 hurtful thing to you that lingered on your minds before, this one thing definitely means I’m autistic, since autism’s are the /only/ ones that ever do that.

Whatever.

I took your side and you ignored me. Fuck you

dont be a high functioning autist then retard

This lmao just become neurotypical like wtf haha

>takes any advice as a personal attack
DEFINITELY not autistic.

I'm sorry I read your comment and I appreciate it. Made me feel a little bit better but idk if I really want to break things off over her saying that thing yet. She's a young girl so I don't think she understands the severity of that statement and how it impacted me. And I mean you still said I was an autist dude lol
I thought about how my verbiage would be interpreted immediately after I posted it, and yeah you just confirmed that. I meant to say none of you know me and want to diagnose me, not so much as a "taking sides" thing.

I think the lot of you are just fucking with me anyway.

Dude the point is it doesn't matter if you are or aren't autistic. If your happy with being called autistic, fine be autistic, if you don't like the label, then don't.

Your making it a big deal of it when it isn't. No one gives a shit about your autism/non-autism.but YOU.

But even if you are autistic, I would not recommend telling everyone, even if you feel like you should, because there's a stigma attached to it.

That's right, become a low functioning one, that will show her!

People make it out so bad to be a HFA.

I have seen both, and you should be very very greatful that you are not a low functioning one.

So you have an extraordany high IQ. That means you experience the world different than most people. If she even has 130 IQ (if we talk about a standard deviation being 15 Points, that would be realy rare in woman) she still is 20 IQ points apart from your IQ.
You can see connections where she cant. She will realise you see something else which she does not. So she came to the conclusion: "Just like the autistic children."
You have to investigate what you can do and she cant. Then she can understand you.
Keep in mind some people dont even have an inner voice… so check all things you can do...
It is utopian to think anyone can understand you without explanation. Not even you significant other.
Explain yourself to her.

>I asked her what she meant and she referred back to a joke that I made when I asked her for skin care help, she sent me a scrub and I responded with a sponge and said “like this?” And she thought I was being serious.
I don't know all the particulars of how the joke went down, but sometimes it's hard to read tone in a text message.
Also, if you're tired or busy your that could contribute to it.

>She’s also taking a course to work with autistic kids and says that when she reads some of those things she thinks back to me sometimes.
Ah shit, not one of those types of women.
She takes a course on autism and then thinks others around her has it cause that'll justify her existence and decision to take the class.

>I’ve been evaluated by 4 or 5 different psychologists for different reasons and they never even alluded to the idea of me having autism. Only one said he thought that might be the case but that I was too smart for it. My IQ is 150.
Possible either way, but my guess is if you tested negative she'd probably still would believe her own "feelings" about it not being true. Cause she's taking a class that works with kids with autism.

My guess, she's going to try to do some of the "I want to help you" bullshit conversation.

Send her my way

Nigga this Jow Forums. You must be at least somewhere on the spectrum to even be here, let alone bitch and moan here and expect sympathy over something so insignificant. She's allowing you to be autistic and love you for it. Now go throw faeces while you're having wild anal sex with her.