Weed and mental health

I like to get high occasionally. On a Saturday night mostly. Is it bad that I’m young (20) and smoking?

pic related, my stash for the year

Attached: 746E0846-7D63-4162-A083-D077D5EAD40E.jpg (4032x3024, 1.92M)

Why do you like to get high?

Yes, yes it is

Yes. Hold off till your late 20s. It's better then anyway.

it is a double-edged sword in reality.
1 side cuts down stress.
1 side cuts down your wellbeing/sanity.

i know for a fact from smoking pot...
some of it is great..

very rarely it can induce REAL ANXIETY ATTACKS.
like IMPENDING DOOM YOU ARE GONNA DIE MUTHA FUCKA! AAAAAHAHAHHAAHAHA!

and other times it is pleasent & enjoyable..

also combining it with potent coffee is a good way to experience schizophrenia/mania for a bit.

the best way to use it would be to eat it or drink it in juice.

smoking is terrible for your lungs.
like REALLY FUCKED UP!

don't hold in your weed..
don't listen to every room temp stoner..

smoking is shit for your health.
like MOST drugs.

i was a retarded liberal teen and went full on dude weed lmao and it fucked my brain up pretty badly and left a void that constantly needs filling with either weed or food or anything to get the dopamine pumping, it fucking sucks bro. that being said i seriously got into it, i wasn't just smoking once and a while, so my experience may differ.

the worst part is that after a god awful amount of use over the years along with other drugs it also eventually started causing pretty bad anxiety and other health problems so i was basically addicted to it but it was also completely debilitating and i couldn't even enjoy it anymore

When you treat this like a commodity it suddenly loses its stigma feel.

Weed made me OK with boredom. It's OK if that's what you're trying to medicate, awful if you're trying to improve.

youre gonna get bored of that one strain all year man

actually you know what..
trade your nugs for mushrooms..

and only try 1 gram of mushroom every 6 months. for 1-2 year.

it will be much better for you.

i can't even believe i am saying that.
but it is true.. if you are "normal"

no

Its for losers.

Find something better to do with your time

Only losers and brainwashed liberal nazis with no lives or experience will tell you its ok or a good idea.

Not worth it.

Attached: 1544552550696.png (480x635, 358K)

You're over the age of 18 so your brain should be fully developed. You're self moderating too, so good job. My advice is to try and make sure that you do the bulk of your smoking cannabis through water filtration in glass. It cuts down on the tar dramatically.
this too. Strain tolerance is a thing.

There are many better things you can be doing with your time. I smoked a lot for years when I was younger and got nothing from it. While you are young invest your time into activities that will benefit you in the long run. Reading, working out, learning, crafting, hobbies, etc.

Weed is okay in severe moderation, I mean a once-twice a year type thing, once you let it become a regular thing I find it is one of the most destructive drugs out there because of how subtle it fucks you up. It really fucks up your habits and makes you become a lazy piece of shit overtime

You are evil and must be eradicated from the face of the earth. Only 21 year olds have the mental capacity to handle such a dominant and life controlling narcotic.

It may start out as a year supply but since you didn't wait until you were 21 it will become your monthly, then weekly, then daily supply until you're burning through that much every minute, every second. If I were you OP I would take it to the nearest police station and turn yourself in because not only will that save your life but turn you back into a proper law abiding citizen.

Horse shit. I didn't start smoking until I was 27 and it's practically derailed my life. I'm a four times deployed combat veteran. I had an upstart post service career as a defense contractor. I started using weed at 27. I am now 31 and I've had four jobs in that time frame. 3 of them I have lost directly due to personality disorders being ramped up to 11 by cannabis use. When I'm sober I have no issues whatsoever.

Firstly, cannabis takes your energy and neuters it by about 60 percent. Physical energy, mental energy, emotional energy...all of it. You need this energy to handle stressful situations and be productive. Not having this energy causes stress factor in your life to compound which makes you volatile which is how I would describe myself after chronic use. If you have any, and I mean ANY mental/emotional disorder weed will exacerbate it astronomically. I have very mild bi polar issues and I'm likely on the spectrum (again mildly). Weed makes me nearly non functional and it's truly bad because I absolutely fucking love weed.

For a year straight I would wake up, smoke a bowl or a couple hits on a blunt, eat/take a protein shake, get high some more, go to the gym, get high on my way home from the gym, eat lunch, get high again, nap and vidya (smoking all the while) and get high before, during, and after dinner. I didn't get high. I stayed high. I did this for almost a straight fucking year. I went through 10k in savings and racked up 10k in debt. Going back to weed has cost me 3 jobs since then due to making me rage at stupid shit that otherwise would be completely manageable. I can handle weed in small amounts on friday and saturday nights but I can't have it in my house. I can only smoke off others, usually my dad. If I keep it around I'll start doing it full time and it will fuck my life up again.

Weed can and will fucking destroy you and anyone that tells you otherwise is being unethical and intellectually dishonest.

>pic related, my stash for the year
bruh that would be gone in a month if left to me

if you have the self control to keep it to 1x per week, probably not. if it increases, you're fucked

t. ex-SUPER pot head who was able to keep it to weekends for about 2-3 years and spent the next 7 smoking daily...ALL day

i tried an experiment where I smoked weed every day for 6 months once I got a job after graduating uni to see if I would lose my edge/soften up when it came to my political beliefs. Turns out I just became even more racist than I was when I started. Weed doesn't seem to turn you into a demsoc bernie bro or a lolbert, weed just makes you more confident in your beliefs you already had, and considering most DUDE WEED LMAOs start at such a young age when they are typically liberal, it's no surprise most of them are like that.

I would say weed is harmless in moderation. During my six months of daily pot smoking, I would work my 8 hours, do some reading and exercising, cook my dinner, and then get high an hour or two before I sleep, and I only smoked like a quarter gram (enough for a fat bowl). It makes clown world a lot more bearable, just don't fall into total degeneracy and make it a lifestyle. Treat it as a prize for a hard days work.

Attached: tumblr_o0x4anfUf11ry1rm7o4_r1_500.gif (450x365, 1011K)

Heroin is a much safer alternative.

It is.

It will make you

> lazy

> forgetful

> infertile

> impotent

if you continuously use it.

Also, it lowers your testosterone and DESTROYS your libido. I know dudes who haven't had sex in years who smoke 2g a day. You can get addicted to it. The first time you go through weed withdrawal you will basically be having panic attacks. Everytime you start and quit again it does get easier.

>Tfw schizophrenic episode every morning

Attached: ed5cf653ad058226f4199669b575524c.jpg (1200x1800, 223K)

Nice digits.

>If you have any, and I mean ANY mental/emotional disorder weed will exacerbate it astronomically.
Cannabis has positive effects with my autism and bipolar disorder. Though I will admit that my anxiety gets worse.

The answer always has been and always will be to this question:

If you have to ask, it's probably having negative effects on your life and you know that, but you're hoping to find some stoner cope. Why can't you just smoke for your own reasons and not seek the approval of others?

>until you're burning through that much every minute, every second.

Attached: giphy-downsized-large.gif (400x226, 3.65M)

You just sound like a whiny bitch that can’t take responsibility

No it doesn't. You're just convincing yourself that it does. I use to do that too. Even if you believe that it does the damage it does to your energy levels still guarantees you will never progress in life.

I used to smoke quite alot during my teen years, it made me so numb and weak. Also emotianlly very unstable.
When I stopped with that shit it was like my brain just felt stronger and quicker.
this guy knows whats up.
Now I smoke once every 6 months, or more. Last year I smoked
just once and I felt great overall.

you realize that using substances like that will permanently alter a developing brain? most smart people here will know of someone that is a full grown person that acts like a retarded spoiled child because they used drugs as a teen

I did take responsibility when I quit using weed so I can have a normal life, the implication wouldn't have been missed if you weren't a mentally weak stoner sack of shit.

I like your post.
I have one small cone at 10pm or there abouts and an hour later I'm asleep.
Never during the day, never the night before if I have to drive more than 10kms.

Weed is for people that have already MADE IT in life. If you have graduated, make dank bank at your job, have a lovely wife and planning on having kids someday then you can choose any vice you want. Because your life’s wheels are already in motion at that point weed won’t fuck with your head and you’ll always know where your priorities are at. If you have none of those things weed will throw you down the bottomless pit of self-guessing your every move and ambition.

>weed withdrawal
Ask me how I know you're a boomer.

That... or an hour and a half of paranoia that you will lose it all.

The perfect high happens when your unemployed and living in the woods. Nothing to lose so nothing to worry about losing... just appreciation for being alive.

Thank you all for the replies. I do live in the California mountains with my girlfriend. Mentally, I’m a normal guy. Never autist or schizo. I just like Jow Forums because of some YouTubers who made it seem like a grand old time. As for finances, I am now independently wealthy thanks to the crypto boom. I used the money to build and acquire income streams and now live comfortably. I spend my days browsing onions and trying out several drugs, but my favorite are and will always be LSD, shrooms, and weed.

Don't ya just love it when reefer madness fags don't even bother to read your OP at all and just use your post as a pedestal for the opinionated shit they want to say? Wew

What a very timely thread. A good friend of mine was recently hospitalized twice in the span of a week due to marijuana induced psychosis. The official diagnosis was “severe marijuana toxicity” which triggered his very first bipolar 1 manic episode. Totally level headed guy his whole life and actually did better academically/socially when he started smoking at 17. It wasn’t until the past few years he started using it more heavily everyday. I think if you’re brain’s developed or you use in moderation your in the clear but it’s pretty much confirmed now that if you possess the gene for bipolar/schizophrenia there’s a good chance weed will trigger it where it otherwise might’ve stayed latent. There’s also not nearly enough research on its effects concerning fetal development and that bugs me because more and more I’m starting to see it promoted as being safe and harmless during pregnancy.

Dont smoke very often. Like once or twice a year if that. Been stressed and working a lot. Anxiety. Work in SF...jumped on one of those faggy electric scooters and went the dispensary and picked up a vape pen and a couple cartridges.

1 drag and my life is fucking better already. I made two friends on the train ride home while making fun of an old Asian man reading scripture in the worst Asian accent to a paraplegic who couldn't move and had no option to walk away. Fucking hilarious lol

moderation is key. if you were smoking daily i'd be worried. weed, especially smoking it, does suppress functions of the mind (while actuating others of course) like prolonged critical thinking/the ability to focus (i tried doing calculus while high and i couldn't focus worth a shit). it also leaves residual effects that could last for days depending on how much you consumed

i'd ditch the smoking method and switch to vaporizing for clear headed highs and minimal mental residue

Attached: 4lVLPbmP.jpg (600x450, 61K)

>Horse shit
>Horse Shit The Post

>stash for the year
Enjoy inhaling mold into your lungs.

Shhh muhammad.

You have already arrived at peak self-sufficiency. You have nothing to lose by doing whatever you want.

>he didn't invest in a vaporizer
>he actually let a plant get the best of him
retards like you are why its hard to have nice things.

Attached: 192727w.jpg (1920x2268, 1.44M)

Wew..

Buy a one hitter and smoke the size of a pink eraser of a #2 pencil or smaller. Wait 20-30 minutes and Eloy a stress free life and just enough of a high to enjoy vidya or a daily adventure.

All these degenerates in here smoking fat bowls before work and bed and complaining about mental health. Well, what do you expect??

A little weed goes a long way towards self-analyzing your life and then working towards improving.

If you smoke bowls you will have anxiety and repeated fat bowls will wreck your sleep cycle.

Tiny one hits, then wait for it to effect you.. experiment and find that sweet spot

>mental health
>USA
pick one

If you smoke a little it's not a big deal. You got a lot more mentally ill people like religious ones, sexual degenerates or niggers.
I just don't see the point in smoking.

Yup.
First mistake is thinking you're not doing damage, cause you are. Your brain grows as long as your alive, it's replacing cells that die. So if you fuck with drugs, you cause the brain to grow in fucked up ways.

Second mistake, you're wasting money and time you could be spending setting up a powerful life.
The money and time you have right now, if you invest it properly, will literally get you retirement at 35.
But you gotta believe you can, and you gotta want it.

based

if it's airtight and well stored in a cool dry place it should last

Yes and no.

Weed is good at building relationships. Smoke with friends to vibe, play games, watch movies, or just sit around and talk. You’ll look back on those times fondly. If you’re not doing anything, light up and enjoy what you’re doing a bit more. Don’t stay in and smoke weed if you get invited to something. Weed should never come first. Also, never chase after the feeling you got when you first got high. It’ll never happen again. That’s how addicts are made.

I started smoking when I was 18, peaked around 2 years in. You’ll eventually slow down at your own pace. Life gets in the way hopefully, and you’re still smoking regularly after a couple years you fucked up and should cut back immediately. Also, don’t kid yourself, shits not healthy despite what anyone tries to convince you. Don’t go overboard.

One strain all year long? You’re a fucking hard core survivalist type.

Attached: BF38B446-EF04-4D5E-ABD7-335485CFDFB7.png (1080x1920, 3.84M)

Nah nigga u good. I started at 18. Be careful its a slippery slope if you let it. Thought id go my entire life just trying weed and now i can say ive literally done more drugs than 90% of the population. Shouldn’t be a flex but oh well. Life’s short, do some stupid shit.

Attached: 8612D26A-2897-47F3-A84F-1B2698CB52B6.jpg (827x764, 201K)

Hold off on it when you can. Avoid getting high. It's not good for your brain, for your focus, for your executive functioning, for your prefrontal cortex... There are many many detriments. Of course getting high is a fucking blast, not denying that. But people who have fun all of the time are not the kind of people who are successful in life. They just have fun, they get used to having fun, and their fun-plant slowly harms their brain function

The intellectual stoners?

Wait til after you're 21. Then it's perfectly legal.

how do you meet drug dealers if you're an autist?

Just stop using drugs wtf is wrong with you addicts

>For a year straight I would wake up, smoke a bowl or a couple hits on a blunt, eat/take a protein shake, get high some more, go to the gym, get high on my way home from the gym, eat lunch, get high again, nap and vidya (smoking all the while) and get high before, during, and after dinner. I didn't get high. I stayed high. I did this for almost a straight fucking year. I went through 10k in savings and racked up 10k in debt.
LMFAO

Underrated post. Not just boredom either though, when you start overdoing it, it just takes away your ability to give a shit about normal, important stuff you should be doing with your life and instead accept doing nothing but sit at home playing vidya and getting high or other equal wastes of time to excess

It's not fucking heroin, man. You just have an addictive personality. Just be happy it was weed and not alcohol.

>1 post

Attached: If7Hyo4CP9o.jpg (500x500, 56K)

Story time
> freshman year me and three other dudes rolled four blunts and smoked out the cab of a truck. Not a big one with the back seat either. Four on a bench with windows rolled up in college parking lot outside dorms. Came back blazed as shit with nothing on me. Needless to say the whole floor reeked and my rotc marine roommate who didnt smoke was freaking out over the smell.

Meanwhile dude was taking noXplode and jacked powder for workouts and acted like a crack head at times. Different strokes for different folks. I like to keep it mellow

Thats a week supply.
I smoke hard and work hard, a good sativa is like a RedBull .
Tear an engine down-3 joints.
Paint the garage-2 joints.
The hardest working white men Ive ever seen all smokes pot and Ive never seen an accident from a stoner but dozens of accidents from straight edge fags.

Almost every restraunt has one working as a cook. You might be able to convince a server to hook you up after tipping exceptionally well. Usually if you ask the cigarette smokers outside a bar late night you can probably get a drunk to introduce you to a dealer. Dont be sketchy and ask a lot of questions first time picking up or you wont get a response the second time. Dont ask for other drugs, thats what snoops do. Be abput your business and dip. Sometimes its polite weediquette to smoke a joint with the dealer. His call. Expect to get shorted a bit if you are a stranger. No reason for him to hook up a 2.0g for 20 if you arent gonna use him regularly. You probably will get around a 1.6 for 20. If you try to onpy buy a dime sack expect a .6 or .7. They are in it for the cash not tue chronic. Also every single pizza place has a dealer. My managers even sold some. Probably because they were in late 20s and had highschool employees like me to sell dime sacks too for weekend. Some delivery drivers might even supply you if you ask when they deliver the pizza. Become a regular before you ask so they get comfy with you. Dont be a creep or a weirdo. Dealers are very socially aware people with acute paraboia and wont hesitate to blow you off if you act wrong.
Basically any job where people make tips because cash in hand plus contacts in a constant turnover profession like food industry means they can expand their market of customers by supplying at end of shift.

> phone posting from the shitter. Pardon my spelling errors

You have to be low IQ to freak out off of weed, I don't get it, how do you not understand the paranoia is from the weed well high and just not get paranoid

Weed made me gay.

When I was younger I didn’t have a job and I got addicted to weeed. I had to sell myself on Craig’s list just so I could buy some

You rack a diciprine.
All or nothing is easy, you just have zero self control.
You sound like a fucking faggot. Survived 4 combat deployments, yet smoking weed is the thing that derails your life.

meh no.

most people handle it just fine, worst case you might get insomnia like me off it. I lit can't sleep unless I smoke..

and here it is illegal and the cops are all up my anus, because what the cops care about here is people driving 10km over the limit and smoke weed, because those people just pay their fines...

I have such hatred over society for this. time and time again over and over. I have created companies from nothing, from nothing to million dollar companies...

only for each time.. they come here and ruin it all because some god damn fucking hashish.. over over tehy ruin everything...

because you know that hasish... so sick of this crap...

The smoke inhallation is the main damage. Abuse/overuse is another. Control/moderate yourself and it's fine mate.

I go through a mason jar like that a month...I grow my own