Investing in precious metals

I managed to buy around 40 grams of gold in the past year (close to 2k USD) as a way to keep some money saved without losing it to inflation. 2k USD might not be a big sum, but it is better than nothing and a good start especially here with pensions around 100 USD/month and average salary of 500 USD/month.

Gold is limited now only on Earth, but in the universe in general, it can be formed only in Supernova explosions and Neutron star collisions. It has never lost its value in thousands of years due to being shiny and more recently having actual tech applications.

Am I being jewed or is my logic sound?

Attached: 100497740-gold-03.1910x1000.jpg (1910x1000, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

in2013dollars.com/1860-dollars-in-2015?amount=1
bcr.ro/content/dam/ro/bcr/www_bcr_ro/Aur/Cotatii_Aur.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>now

not*

>$2000

gas yourself unironically

That's my rent for a studio apartment in Los Angeles. Neck yourself.

Good Job my Bulgarian fren

Attached: 130614992638.png (759x685, 22K)

Care to explain the source of your frustration or should we use our telepathic powers?

GET THE FUCK WITH IT... Gold has been completely taken out by crypto,

you make niggers and faggots LOOK HUMAN

crypto is a scam

i mine 31-40 grams per hour

I prefer silver since it would be easier to trade once there's a currency collapse or hyperinflation. Hard to buy bread with some gold dust, but silver has more bulk for the same value. Also, because silver is worth less, it's less likely to be faked. Be careful bro

you're retarded

>not buying crypto

Sort yourself out.

Try using crypto without electricity, friendo

Paper gold is fine unless you're betting on total economic collapse

Gold is a scam

It's a good start. The problem you have is that when the actual shitshow starts, it will be difficult to spend and it will be confiscated by border control when trying to flee the country with it.
Buy 500$ worth of BTC just in case.

>not investing
never gonna make it

Paper gold is fine if you trust the moneychangers. Think about that, and take delivery instead.

You''re guarding against inflation which is better than your money decreasing in value so it's better than banking it and doing nothing, And if real shit goes down you're 1 step ahead of the game, which is a good place to be.

that's rich coming from breakfest meal

Unfortunately, we have very little market diversification when it comes to precious metals. Gold can be bought at reasonable prices, but silver has ridiculous markup, sometimes up to 40%...

I prefer physical. Jew notes don't inspire me with confidence.

Prove it

bump

Try using anything without electricity. If that goes out shiny coins aren't going to bail you out.

is gold going up in the future?

for me, i just keep working at walmart

100 hours a week

thats good stuff baby

The only way it protects you against inflation is if gold price rises faster than inflation

Golds worth is actually quite volatile, aside from electronics and jewelery, there isnt really any usage for it. If poop really hits the rotor blades, it may become just a shiny metal with no usage or value like diamonds. Its the value that people will place on it.
Silver is where its at, it is not that overpriced and in demand, so its a better and more convenient means of trading and/or buying food and supplies if necessary.
On my trip to Germanistan few years ago i saw this cool catalogue/album with 50 pieces of 1 oz tiny silver bars, that seemed the best option for economic collapse prepper, if i have had any decent spending money on me i would have bought it.
And when buying silver, try to get it as pure and with the least illustrationed ones, because the pretty picture on the coin or bar will only cost you extra money. In doomsday situation, noone cares about those pokeymanes.

Attached: 1553219469833.jpg (640x929, 122K)

It's more a constant high price that keeps up with inflation than straight up investment for future gains, except if there is a big price spike which has happened before.

Invest in lead

>it may become just a shiny metal with no usage or value like diamonds. Its the value that people will place on it.

It has had great value for thousands of years BEFORE it had any tech application. There was no time where gold did not have value, no other object can say that.

Good for you! I too have precious metals. About 500 oz. Silver and 4 oz gold.
Paper or Fiat currencies will fail 100% of the time.
If you take all the gold and silver that is above ground, and is available to the public. and devide it with the world population, everyone gets 1/2 to an oz of gold. And only 3 oz of silver per person.
I'm not rich, but knowing I have 4-8 people's fair-share of gold, and 170ish people's fair share of silver is comforting.
Keeping your fiat currency in a bank will make you lose money because of inflation, yes.
There is also paladium and platinum too!

Also get a gun/hunter permit and a gun with loads of ammo.
There is no better investment than a good gun with ammo.
Criminals will always have guns and there might come time, where cops wont be able to come to your rescue and you may lose everything without protection.

>Am I being jewed or is my logic sound?
Both; the Rothschilds buy up gold+silver to save money against inflation.

I got my permit two years ago, have a Glock 19 with some ammo.

You are the jew now.

I went into PM a few years ago,now I'm too black pilled about it,if the economy came crashing millionaires could still out buy you by buying from retarded lemmings,and your wage cuck investment would of course be worth more but still shit.
I think the most important is if the economy comes tumbling down get into a position where you become the new elite there is no way to do so by saving with a wage cuck salary.

Attached: 20170909_065411.jpg (2592x1944, 1.76M)

B & R

Its because it has been one of the oldest surviving reliable currencies, it wasnt long ago, when US Dollar was on gold standard, now China has bought up shitton of gold and we may see time, when gold will just be "dropped" as China will own the majority and everyone else will move on to make China butthurt.
Gold may stay, but its a bit shady for my opinion.

Sound like a mad fag

Attached: 2019-05-17 01.45.33.jpg (2112x4608, 3.07M)

I think at the point where you start trading precious metals face to face the "elite" will have lost all significance in your life. Prior to that there are better options for reserve assets, true.

Fake money, real gold. The game can only go on so long then the chickens come home to roost. Parents were too early. It probably happens in our lifetime .

Should be investing in machine guns instead. Unlike gold, machine guns do not go down in value.

Shiny coins can be kept in a physical wallet, bitcoin can’t

yeah you are retarded, physical gold and silver as well as many other physical media were used for millenia before electricity was even a thing. You cannot project this level of stupid onto people and not expect it to bite you in the ass holy fuck.

i knew americans were fucking illiterate but your handwriting proves it once and for all. what a spastic.

> It has never lost its value in thousands of years
> never
peak retardation. can't get much worse than this. are you american by any chance?

When I said becoming the new elite I didn't mean a kikesucker,what I meant is if things go badly the best asset is knowing things are changing and putting yourself into a good position be that becoming a warlord or joining new political parties etc etc
Gold and silver might be valuable but normalfags a warlord too retarded,i bought so much silver from retarded zoomers and 40 y.o. who just inherited it that I know if things go badly normalfags wouldn't think hummm better keep the asset that is growing,they would just follow their program a warlord rend sell the gold and silver for peanuts

Attached: 20170331_004717.jpg (2592x1944, 1.71M)

>no use
In a bizarre twist of fate thats actually a good thing. It has no other value than to represent the effort that it took to get it. For some reason that means something to humans and it always has and always will. We aren't that complex a creature.

Personally I have both. I have hundreds of kilos of silver, and 10's of oz of gold. Silver because I do believe it is useful for technology.

Disagree about the pretty picture. The picture means several things. 1.) recognition of the mint and coin which means 2.) recognition of the purity and quality 3.) recognition that the coin has not been altered or adulterated. No one wants to buy a bunch of garbage bullshit, they will prefer coins and bullion from known mints with symbols and safety features. Do you know why that knurling is on the edge of coins? It's not just because its pretty, its because people used to scrape the sides off of coins and keep passing them off, when the knurling is gone you know the coin isn't whole.

Based schizo poster

Silver has been low for a while, it's a good time to buy, and it is affordable.
It takes 15 oz of silver to equip your standard house with solar panels. So every house you see with panels take up 5 people's fair-share of silver, I.e. not everyone can have panels.....just not possible. The demand for silver will only go up, because there is many industrial uses for silver.
Having said this. Invest in silver as a hedge-fund. It's not like It is stock or anything.
You bitcoin people be careful, it just seems like a bubble, ready to burst!
Hope I am wrong, but I just got a bad feeling about it

Damn!!! Nice stack!

are the silver coins somthing other than silver?? i understand hoarding gold bullion, but silver isnt really worth shit is it

I have about 5 kilos of pure silver. More into silver because it has even more tech usability than gold, but you did good user, hold on to it. Precious metal investment is a slow game, only for wise and patient men, not little boys.

Attached: szvasztika.jpg (800x413, 259K)

Get some more ammo, get as much as possible/allowed in your country.
But what my final point is, that try to get as much different possible means of logical back ups for trading.
For real, get some US dollars. US Dollar and economy is pretty much universal, if US Dollar and economy fails, then EVERYTHING fails. It is one of the last and strongest pillars that can collapse and if it does, then money is the last thing that you should worry about.
Cryptocurrencies and anything that is stored on an electronic carrier can be wiped with a quick flash of EMP (for real).
And trading stock paper, that says that you are owend, will just be an ass wipe paper after a sad shit, meanwhile someone intensly rubs their hands on a beach of their private island, sipping on a pina colada.

Attached: 1553484528018.jpg (585x4912, 764K)

yeah, i spend all day typing not writing with my hands, im a doctor ;)

Guns, gold, and a getaway plan. -- Gerald Celente

In our imaginary fantasy land if the doom sayers have their way, and the prices skyrocket, and the world economy goes back to nought spending small amounts of value in silver is a better idea/more convenient etc than shaving off tiny bits of gold every time you need to make a transaction, so having some silver as well as the bulk in gold is seen as a good idea , Otherwise silver has some potential in the medium term sans a disaster to go up a few more percent than gold if metal prices start going up again in general so its seen as a better "investment" atm and a way to hedge bets etc, but not really.

>It is one of the last and strongest pillars that can collapse
I think you have it backwards. It is not a pillar and certainly not strong. At least not since a century.

Whiskey, beans, gold, and lead. Just like a shark, all you got to do is outlive everybody else.

Thanks for info, next time post link though

Attached: 1553584022380.jpg (1280x960, 207K)

in2013dollars.com/1860-dollars-in-2015?amount=1

Look the "Buying power of $1 in 1860"

You dont save gold. You buy it and as soon as its price increases you sell it. And then either buy more gold or buy like a weapon or something youd need if SHTF.

People would probably just end up using money. I dont see a scenario where people return to gold. Money is just a place holder. An i owe you. It doesnt need to be golden.

>gold
>no inflation

dude...

Attached: Gold_inflation.jpg (905x616, 411K)

I never thought of it as "buying"
More like exchanging paper money for real money

Attached: 20190517_041751.jpg (4160x3120, 3.33M)

>Getaway plan
No. What one really wants to do in a real crisis is bug in and grey up.
You have your own plot of land and grow food on it. Naturally you have your guns to defend you and your group.

Some are some are not,some were just close to spot and some i bought trying to sell them in a few years.
The ones on the side are 1870 vintage,the ones on the lower area are 1966 junk silver (from spain)and the rest are semi numismatic shit.i mainly have junk silver since I usually buy on second hand apps so as to not pay taxes

I dont think people will trust money. The gold could be fake and its not hard to make a counterfeit. If shit hit the fan i think people would just trade shit. And if they need something and have nothing to give they'd either write an I owe you or ask if the person needs help with anything.theres gonna be a lot of murders if shit hits the fan. People will be giving i owe yous left and right and eventually that debts gotta be collected if you write an i owe you sign it in blood.

dude if your economy implodes the paper money you have will be worthless, the digital money in your bank will be wothless, the point of precious metals is that they will hold their value and they are easy to hide from theives

There is no “real money”. Theres only products and services.

And nobodys gonna give you shit for your shiny rocks.

He uses that phrase all the time, not just this video.

how much is the bullion bar worth user

I am aware, that US Dollar has devalued because of population boom, countries buying US Dollar and using it and the Federal Reserve who is printing it daily. (Soviet Unions/Russian federations Ruble has got 1650 times cheaper in 70 years.).
Its natural for currencies to get less valuable.
Point is, that most of the developed worlds economics is highly dependant on the well being of US Dollar and its economy.
Ooga Boogas in desert banging bones together are that huge majority population of the world that doesnt get affected by that. Everyone else should be concerned.

Attached: forbiddencaviar.jpg (1024x768, 106K)

Unless its some scientist making circuit boards and shit. I guess it would be good to have a little gold. If you came across a scientist in a SHTF scenario he'd probably trade you some nice shit for your gold.

Metals are a part of your personal defense plan. Storable food, water and/or ways to clean water, firearms, gasoline, toilet paper, liquor, cigs, etc. Think of the things you can't survive without, and also what can be useful to trade.

But gold will be useless to the vast majority.

Well golly gee! I guess I'll just stick with promisary bank notes, backed by the (((federal reserve))) eh? That Fiat paper backed by pixie-farts and unicorn magic

If situation will be truely hard you will sell ypur gold for a loaf of bread.

Its utility is as a store of value, that it's literally been money for thousands of years; it defines money. Fungible, divisible, difficult to fake, rare, the perfect medium of trade aside from weight and bulk.

well yes obviously, but how would you store any excess wealth, precious metals would be the safest bet

Nobody knows for sure but it generally holds its value , it isn't an 'investment' by any measure.

You're supposed to spend it as soon as you get it. Not on junk. On shit you need.

>difficult to fake
Lol. Sure thing buddy. Youre gonna get robbed.

So easily. Someones gonna take everything from you and leave you with a sack of fools gold.

Invest in TP and Smokes mate. People will do anything for modern day commodities when shtf.

gold is infinitely reproducible since we can turn lead into gold by nuclear transmutation.

Unfortunately at the same rate and cost it takes for Sudanese to turn into Australians.

People aren't gonna trust currency. They'll trust trade and services.

And if you take out a loan, as in, someone gives you something and you promise to pay them back, you better fucking pay your debts.

I got all that I need, why have all that money in savings?
My Red-pill moment came when I was reading an old book:
I was flipping through the pages and a dollar fell out.
It was printed in 1959, just as crisp as the day it was made.
It's been in that book for almost 60 years
I looked up the value of said dollar.
It was worth about $1.50
What can $1.50 buy today?
What can $1.00 buy in 1959?
Can't you see that that dollar lost value and spending power being saved?
Perhaps i should buy some stock or something idk.

A dozen salmon by Friday. Or I'm gonna get real mean.

>rate and cost

it costs electricity and raw lead. if the economics of the world make it so that gold is a reverse for all currencies, governments can build nuclear power plants and manufacture tons of gold. just like manufactured diamonds are gutting out the mined diamond market, manufactured gold would destroy the gold reserve market. in fact the ONLY thing keeping gold afloat is the fact nobody uses it as a means of exchange so it is in low demand, and there is no desire to mass produce it at scale for coinage or as collateral.

it's hilarious how you say you have gold to protect against inflation because the dollar is worthless, but then you say it would cost too many dollars to manufacture gold with the proven methods we have. what would it cost, gold is now your only objective form of cost and you are literally making it. electricity? steam, hydro-electric, solar and nuclear provide electricity. raw materials? lead, mercury, bismuth are all abundant enough to obtain in large quantities. scientists? you can just pay them in the gold they will make.
absolute peanut brain idiots who buy physical gold at the 10-15% above spot price, and when they go to sell must accept 10-15% below spot as the price because nobody except gold dealers who make profit on both sides of the deal will accept their bullion.

the sheer stupidity.

bcr.ro/content/dam/ro/bcr/www_bcr_ro/Aur/Cotatii_Aur.pdf
50g 24k Au = 9 873 ron = 2 073 eur = 2 313 usd
10/10 maths
11/10 buy

Personally, I'm buying silver. Gold is nice and I think it's undervalued in dollar terms but silver is so undervalued that a few millionaires could probably buy out the entire market. Silver also has many more uses in tech and medicine than gold.

bbbubbubbut A50bh+oW what about if the price changes and then i sell for a profit?

the gold price market is fixed and rigged by international banks who use it to offload downside risk during presidential elections or economic shocks. if you invested in the s&p you would've had 200% return in the past 7 years, gold got you a NEGATIVE 72% return. ouch. double your money or lose half, that's a tough one.

You are correct OP. Its my opinion that Gold is high right now. Had you been able to buy decades before. It would have quadrupled.

Somebody post that politician that drank colloidal silver

Manufactured gold? Hahahaha okay! The expense of manufacturing gold wouldn't be worth the endever.
How are you going to fuse protons into larger atoms???? Fusion???? Cool!
Just gotta make an artificial sun or something

you don't make gold by fusion retard, you force nuclear decay in particle accelerators. cern could retool their collider and make gold inside 12 months. and they would make hundreds of kilos a day.

you know why they dont? because gold is fucking worthless. we have an international system of finance now completely owned and controlled by people, human beings, who don't need or want gold because they control the information of the world through corporations, governments and central banks.

WHAT EXPENSE RETARD IN YOUR FANTASY WORLD GOLD IS NOW THE ONLY MEASURE OF EXPENSE AND YOU ARE NOW MANUFACTURING IT.