Were people happier in the early 2000s?

Were people happier in the early 2000s?

Attached: 731369853.jpg (1200x796, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gPnZX7TlmDw
youtu.be/Y1oyTbVVJM0?list=RDY1oyTbVVJM0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes you data mining faggot

Attached: 13246632476.gif (220x264, 351K)

N

No, they just didn't know they were in the mouth of the beast, or in the pot of water beginning to heat up. The reason that kid was playing WoW with all that fast food was because society was already destroyed by consumerism and women's rights.

Becuase there were less people like op alive.
Hang yourself

Attached: C9F8069C-09BA-457A-9050-8AE2A2BDC348.jpg (673x789, 68K)

Absolutely. The rise in depression, anxiety and suicide can be directly correlated with the technological development in the past 10 years. I’ve also asked multiple GPs and doctors about this and they believe the increased use of social media by young individuals is encouraging these behavioural problems. The solution would be to go back to old Nokia’s and Sony Ericsson button phones and remove social media.

i

yes, very

I was happier. I'm not sure if that was due to the economy or just the fact that I was younger.

1980-2005 was unironically the best time and place to be alive in all of history.

How is this boy's room so messy and yet so clean at the same time

c

k

e

If you are a disgusting degenerate sure

Autism unironically.

I’m not sure if I’d call it happy

I know I was, but that's mostly because my grandfather, father, and best friend were still alive.

If you wanted to LARP you could just play a paladin in D&D.

looked like my room except I played runescape like all the poor fags

More like Unaware.
People weren't red-pilled / had less responsibly / their biggest concern were what Dungeons or what Games they will play.

Zoomers are also happy right now. but in a decade or two, they will get red-pilled.

Attached: 20190517_080935.jpg (134x127, 15K)

It was like today but lonlier

>pic related has xbox 360
this was the late 2000s

YES!!!

Attached: q3aad.jpg (1225x1748, 773K)

Yes because I was like 15 when I was doing everything that kid is doing. I can do that now at 30 (even down to playing Classic WoW) but it would just be fucking depressing.

This.

>Alliance

Attached: 1557923997180.png (440x400, 80K)

born 91 here, early - mid 2000s has become more kino over time.
it used to just feel like normal, and some stuff seemed shitty and degenerate, but it has become 1000x worse since then.

youtube.com/watch?v=gPnZX7TlmDw

Attached: 1551734916737.jpg (380x349, 32K)

Lol, no everything went to shit on 9/11, people were fucking terrified there'd be another attack of similar magnitude. Also people were far more bluepilled in general, all that junk food and soda would be considered pretty normal for a kid back then but now most zoomers wouldn't consume all that garbage

Well I was suicidal at 14 in 2001, I feel much happier now. Social media only highlights the problem that young people go through, it's not the cause. Just because a 15 year old is talking about suicide on social media now does not mean an equivalent 15 year old in 2000 would not have the same thoughts. People don't understand the same problems affect the same peer groups in each generation.

Yeha... it was good times

Canada was white back then.

A 1kg box of noname chicken tendies used to be $1.17 in the year 2000 at no frills.

things are 8-10 times more expensive now.

Did wages multiply by ten since 2006?

Attached: officespace.png (1278x1065, 1.78M)

That’s not what I’m saying though, It has absolutely increased mental health issues, you can’t deny that.

do yourselves a favor and don't look at mk4 toyota supra prices right now.

Attached: 67868.jpg (400x262, 5K)

Ain’t this the fucking truth. Do what I did. Snag an 86 engine. Then mod that bitch out like is hungry for octane.

>made 10k in 2006
>made 140k in 2018
Mine did. Yours didn't?

I miss these times, fren. In Russia, many migrants were killed, the Internet was freer, and the flowering of Russian imageboard.

Yes things were better.
The cold war was won, the Irish troubles were over, no Islamic terrorism, sexism and racism were defeated (by 80's/90's definitions). The economy was doing great and technology was increasing rapidly.
The tech thing is hard for zoomers to grasp but was absolutely real. The differences between the NES, SNES, N64 were astounding, we assumed that type of rapid growth would just exist forever. (Yes these are toys but we were kids and that is how we judged the world).

This is probably true as well. An entire generation of boys who grew up on vidya, processed food and were indoctrinated in feminism. Pure poison from the point of view of turning boys into healthy well adjusted men.

night elf warrior

holy shit what a casual

The noughties in Russia is the same as the West x 1000. It is hard to overstate how hard the fall of the USSR fucked over the Russian people, things only started to recover in 2000's.

Attached: russia deaths.png (919x577, 53K)

Shadow meld is unironically OP for solo questing as a warrior in classic.

remember how based and redpilled the world was in the first few years after 9/11?

the american late shows were OPENLY mocking islam EVERY NIGHT.
i think iran might have actually called for a fatwa on david letterman one time.

not me I've always hated the current times.

Yes they were

Yes and I bet that little cunts a keyboard turner.

everyone hates the current times.

my grandfather hated the 1940s because australia let a bunch of italian and polacks into the country, and outlawed abbo hunting.
now it is considered one of the most based decades.

Attached: FOOD-REVIEW.jpg (280x396, 63K)

That's a nice anecdote, but literally every professional studying this disagrees.

Social media blows, and I hope it dies.
We got it right the first time with comfy forums, newsgroups, and pseudonyms.

90s was the best. Before social media faggotry and people still had to be at home to get a phone call.

Wow, that kid sure does have the fat, smelly, lonely virgin starter pack going, doesnt he. I wonder what he looks like today.

No, but we were before the overreaction to 9/11. The country really turned into a fascist Orwellian shithole after 9/11.

>outlawed Abbo hunting
Gonna need details on abbo hunting

9/11 was really a turning point. Same over here.

>Were people happier in the early 2000s?

yes we were and we didnt know it!
there was a huge optimism in the 90s and early 2000s a bubble. I think countries are under a massive depression. People are free to be themselves not so many social constraints, more acceptance, but a lot of loneliness due to technology.

No I was extremely depressed mainly to do with my countries terrible economics (1usd = 0.4 aud) and my folks poor health no money

Fuck this brehs I'm so depressed reality hit hard

Lock in’s we’re safer.

LAN parties were swell

Girls were more chill and understood and respected cringe moments

Food was still cheap

Arcades were the best place to hear your fav songs.

>an era before social media and twitter became mainstream
Yes retard. It was unbelievably better. I still have faint memories of walking around my neighborhood and running into many different groups of kids walking around, groups of guys, girls. Only 10 or so years later, I don't see any of that shit anymore. We're fucked. Clown World. Honk-honk, bing bing, wahhooooooo.

im prooudd to beee an american, where at least i know my shit. i wont forget the men who died, and everyones full of shit

Attached: free_mace.png (1020x948, 3.7M)

>LAN parties were swell

Holy shit kys boomer

>Girls were more chill and understood and respected cringe moments

jesus christ, what the fuck happened with girls since then?
i remember having actual conversations with girls at my school, like we would talk about conspiracies/paranormal shit or something, just like i would with a guy.

that is UNHEARD OF now, girls are cartoonishly dumb and annoying (besides that one conspiracy girl podcast, and a bunch of girls who saw it and copied her by pretending to be into conspiracy theories).

No shit

Attached: 1558095964160.png (1830x1375, 434K)

Attached: 1557905059882.jpg (960x850, 38K)

you know son, killing abos

Attached: 454B7AD2-79B5-4E72-B697-3B5458B7B642.jpg (885x960, 127K)

youtu.be/Y1oyTbVVJM0?list=RDY1oyTbVVJM0

yup

Back then the interwebs wasn't socially engineering society.
Old fags like me have seen the infancy of Al Gore's invention turned into Satan's tool to create absolute degeneracy.

>Al Gore's invention
huh?

To steal from it was the happiness of a frog in a warm bath.

i believe it represents the duality in human nature, sir

Attached: born_to_kill_peace_sign.jpg (300x200, 16K)

Attached: ceb.gif (500x500, 97K)

>the happiness of a frog in a warm bath.

holy shit, so accurate.

Attached: 1532222575824.jpg (968x645, 154K)

DARPA you ding dongs

"lo"

Attached: internet_interface_processor.jpg (621x422, 73K)

this is mid 2000s. When the end times started.

What are the intelligence agencies trying to achieve with these datamining threads?

>ywn again jam a tape down the after hours return slot so hard that it breaks in half and sends a reel of tape rolling across the carpet in the empty blockbuster

Attached: 743457457.png (398x387, 122K)

>that is what my mom thinks of pc gamers
>( she is a 48-year-old bommmer )

2007 was when everything turned to shit with no point of return. Anyone else feel the same?

Lmfao I never had an experience like that all the times I returned a tape, based and grug-pilled.

Attached: oogaboogaaa.jpg (800x450, 41K)

LOL

fuck NO. The 1990s was when the degeneracy was starting to take hold. By the 2000s it was in full effect for the young.

Now, if you don't believe me go watch some 1980s movies then middle and late 90s movies.

Nope. Thing are as they always have been. Indifferent.

This. 90s started pushing diversity by shoehorning it in everything, especially children's media. It wasn't as aggressive obviously but it's a slippery slope. Look at us now.

That's where your wrong. 50's through 80's was the golden age of America ever since then shit has just been going down hill.Back int he 60's a fucking cashier was making the modern day equivalent of 60k a year.Literally enough to put one above the modern day poverty line.

your response to that fact is to use semantic guile and rhetoric?

I thought the 70s,80,90's, etc were all shit tbqh.

>duality of human nature
Its a bit weird. I live in a cozy suburb and everybody just gets along with each other.

l

That's literally Asmongold, /ourguy/ and WoW Classic's Make Azeroth Great Again guild leader.

I fucking certainly was. I wish life had a damn rewind button cus everything has gone to SHIT. life back then was awesome

>looks at fingers
makes sense now, sticcccc. you just know he's got a big dick, lanky skinny dudes always do

Attached: 1546334822673.png (350x481, 166K)

Yes.
And remember that easy times create weak men, and so happened.

Me too, I was happier, but I used to drink a lot in those days.

After 2001 it wasn't that happy.. and it's been getting progressively worse.

Now nobody is happy.

Yes. All the way up to sept 11 2001. Things changed globally after that and it still feels like nothing has changed except for getting older.

we're still in the early 2000s you fucking dipshit

God damn zoomers. Go play Fartnite.

We just had a thread where a teenage girl killed herself because of her Instagram poll

what an absolute degenerate, white boys are finished lmao

This is typical barp education.
Who would let his child live like this ?