What is expected of me in this situation?

>male, 20
>sitting in a bar with other male friend
>drinking beer and discussing possible career paths for an electrician
>see this
I find the one on the right very attractive. Have I watched too many sitcoms or is there something I should do here? What's the protocol for a situation like this?
Image cropped to hell to get it under 4MB.
Don't worry I'm writing this the night after and I didn't do anything so take your time responding.

Attached: IMG_20190907_203326plsbeunder4mb.jpg (2272x1785, 3.53M)

Maintain eye contact with her. If she smiles and/or maintains eye contact for longer than three seconds, go up to her and introduce yourself. Then ask if you and your friend can join them.

Are you making this up or is this universally understood and I didn't get the memo?

It's normal to talk to strangers.
Remember everyone at first is stranger.

I'm a fellow autist and not that user, but from what I've been told, yeah, it's universally understood.

>It's normal to talk to strangers.
It's not normal to introduce yourself to strangers though, is it?
Have you tried it?

>Have you tried it?
Of course not. I haven't given a shit about women since I was a teenager. But what do you have to lose? "Oh, no, I might strike out!" And the Earth will keep on turning.
Have you tried asking the male friend you were with, what you should have done? He was there, he'd have a better grasp on the scene than anons would.

>But what do you have to lose?
I wish I could be this pragmatic but being embarrassed socially hurts me on several levels.
>he'd have a better grasp on the scene than anons would
You'd be surprised.

Let me get this straight. You, an autistic shut-in, went to a bar with a fellow autistic shut-in?
Why? If you just want to drink, it's cheaper to hit up a liquor store.
Regardless, bitches hate making the first move. You'll have to work through that embarrassment. You're not the only one that feels that way, but wallowing in it won't help anything.

>went to a bar with a fellow autistic shut-in?
No he's just kinda retarded and I don't trust him when it comes to advice.

Too many sitcoms. Just because they occasionally glance in your direction does not mean that you are missing out on something

conflicting information

>Are you making this up or is this universally understood and I didn't get the memo?
It worked with my significant other, and past women I've dated. It doesn't have to be exactly 3 seconds though. If she plays with her hair while smiling, moving it back behind her ear for example, it's a good sign. Smile at them too. Just be aware of the signs, see if you notice it more often, and have fun with it.

Hard to tell with that pic though, cause of where you're sitting. She could have been eyeing someone or something else behind you.

>But what do you have to lose? "Oh, no, I might strike out!" And the Earth will keep on turning.
This.

>I wish I could be this pragmatic but being embarrassed socially hurts me on several levels.
Yes, it can suck at first when you strike out but it gets easier. You just learn it gets easier the more you do it. I've never had a woman say anything horrible. All I've got was "No thanks" or "I have a boyfriend". You'd be surprised how many of them strike up a conversation and give their numbers when asked in public.

>conflicting information
I'm so if it's conflicting it's cause it's someone else.

repeated, locked eye contact and grooming are different from occasional glances in your direction.

>shit nigger im at a bar and dont know what to do let me take a photo and upload to Jow Forums they'll know what to say

This but unironically.

>how dare you come to the advice board for advice

This is worthless advice from pussies.
Go up and talk to her.
Also stop taking creepshots of people, especially ones where you're detected taking them.

In case you don't know, this board is almost entirely filled with loser college kids, even more loser NEETs, and some people who are functioning in terms of society's requirements (job, paying taxes), but are otherwise older versions of the loser college kids. It's a big circle of lonely desperate guys with no social experience sharing their bitterness and projected self-hate with other lonely desperate guys.

I posted this in some other autist's thread whining about "LITERALLY HOW DO I GET A GF" and it was ignored. Maybe you'll find it useful. Bring your friend as a wingman so you can both support each other and keep the conversation going, and keep the other friend distracted while you show attention to your main target. No bigger cockblock than a jealous friend.

Attached: approaching a persons.png (2022x630, 307K)

user dont worry, i (not op) did read that advice from that thread and im really thankful.What i needed was a conversation structure, if you have more please send them.

I feel like it would be dishonest to post more specific examples as a guide. Because at that point it would no longer be a guide of general principles to follow, but individual case studies. The variety of forms a conversation can take is extremely large and to use only specific examples will leave you floundering when a conversation does not follow a memorized route. Individual cases provide the information to develop guides, but memorizing specific cases and expecting things to unfold in such a way is a bad approach. There is no such thing yet as an algorithmic approach to conversations, or at least, not one yet discovered or written about to my knowledge. My gf is a linguistics undergrad compsci masters and she is currently doing research for a university developing conversation algorithms in combination with speak-to-text, so that you can have spoken conversations with a computer. That's in the research stage. Final nail in the coffin is pic related 1943 Soviet military manual, the manual published and probably distributed before their multiple 1944 victories. Pointers to help a commander determine what to do to achieve victory, not specific IF–>THEN actions to take .

Furthermore idk exactly how well I can recall any particular conversation. If you have more specific questions, I'm happy to answer in general terms.

Attached: russian field manual 1943.png (713x218, 43K)

What does a rejection look like in this case?

Literally nothing, meeting people at bars is a tired trope that's far from reality, it doesn't happen in real life.

Attached: 55-42385-julia-louis-dreyfus-elaine-seinfeld-promo-full-getty-1506366551.jpg (787x1000, 115K)

>Hard to tell with that pic though, cause of where you're sitting. She could have been eyeing someone or something else behind you.
Are you retarded? She’s clearly hiding her face because she sees someone taking creepshots of her.

How many strangers have you approached at a bar this year?

This year? Zero because I've been around long enough to know it doesn't work like that. Did society change drastically in the last couple of years?

ouch
what a putdown