Anyone else think the dissolution of the USSR was a big mistake?

Anyone else think the dissolution of the USSR was a big mistake?
It was already slowly liberalizing its economy should have just let it kept going that direction rather than tearing the whole thing down .

Attached: 1200px-Hammer_and_sickle_red_on_transparent.svg.png (1200x1200, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/january/13/newsid_4059000/4059959.stm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not about "should or shouldn't it have been dissolved". You can't maintain an empire if you don't have the money, power and confidence to do so.

The USSR was a brutal, bankrupt machine that ruined the nations they touched, and to this day they are still behind economically.

Please don't also forget about how they almost heavily polluted Europe with Chernobyl, or the literal killing of civilians that wanted freedom

news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/january/13/newsid_4059000/4059959.stm

Lmfao keep drinking the kool aid retard

>Anyone else think the dissolution of the USSR was a big mistake?
No.
Hierarchies become structurally immoveable. they have to be broken up to allow change to happen faster.

I think that not exterminating known commies in the West was the biggest mistake. This lack in foresight is responsible for a lot of the current state of the West.

Yeah they could have been like China

It doesn't matter if it was a mistake or not. That isn't the issue. Many will ask the same questions when the US dissolves within the next 20 years. Unsustainable polities don't last. The USSR's issue was it's diversity, and it order to prevent that diversity from destroying it, it had to engage in heavy handed repression and tight central controls. When these things gave rise to eventual economic problems (due to lack of innovation in the economic sector and price controls), the entire structure fell apart like a stack of dominoes, as each structure was built on top of the previous one.

I think the r*ditors are out in force this morning. Go home kids, your drunk.

Nobody will mourn for or miss the USA. Their policy has always been to export suffering and hardships on others. The entire planet will rejoice.

At first. Then when they realize that the alternative is China, they will weep.

Yeah where would Eastern Germany or Ukraine be today without the USSR? Their legacy has been so fantastic that every nation it touched is now 2nd world nation to this very day.

You people are absolutely insane, and will justify anything to fulfil your lust for power

It was a mistake, the former states of the USSR are backwards shitholes and Russia is a shadow of its former strength.

Haha. Ask any person who lived in a former USSR nation that still lives in those areas when life was better. Not one will say today's world.

Some former ussr nations are deteriorating shit holes because of corrupt politicians striving for a strong capitalist middle class, that never comes.

Consumer capitalism is the only way a middle class can survive, otherwise it only caters to those who control the most capital. Which is exactly what Marx explained.

FPBP, the degradation of the empire was the first and biggest mistake.

t. sheltered white commie who thinks he speaks on behalf of the brown people of the world

No, in fact it has to be broken apart even further

Should have kept it as a living monument of what not to do. Now it is just some fading memory and so eventually the same mistakes will be repeated.

you described the (((uk)))

The USSR had corruption, but current eastern europe is astronomically corrupt. The lack of welfare state and shitty quality of life means there is nothing to motivate people anymore, and the oligarchs can run rampant. Stop blaming the USSR for the failings of capitalism in eastern europe

no one wants to speak on your behalf tyrone hernandez

He's right though. Communism permanently stagnated the nations it's taken hold of. Look at China, they didn't become powerful until Xiaoping reformism replaced Maoism.

Growth and average quality of life are not linked together, as so many states have demonstrated

It just seems that communism stagnates both.

Yeah, universal healthcare, free university and long maternity leave are really lack of welfare state... The corruption in USSR was worse then you imagine, only the ideological cucks who bend their back and repeat what has to be said, get leading positions and stay there their whole lives. I have heard stories from my grandparents how everything was done with bribes, something I could not imagine in Estonia today.

>The corruption in USSR was worse then you imagine
Do you think it would have been impossible to change?
I mean gorbachev came off to me as someone who legitimately wanted to change the country for the better .