Hey I’m 35 and have never been to university, thinking of going for political science, I’d basically

Hey I’m 35 and have never been to university, thinking of going for political science, I’d basically
Be 40 when I graduate and want to get some sort of
International relations job. What do you guys think waste of time? Is it even possible? I’m getting older, but Dont want to work at a pizza place forever. Anyway.

Attached: 7DF5D2ED-DBDB-46DD-A70C-7907A46FDFEC.jpg (900x600, 48K)

At your point I wouldn’t start a degree in pursuit of a career path, I would start a degree because of a love or keen interest for the subject matter, and any job or career that came as a result would be treated as a bonus.
It’s certainly not worthless or a waste of time to study at 35, it’s just a matter of being realistic about who will hire you and give you opportunities and being clear about the reason why you want to be at school.

Why not?

>political science
Yes, a waste of time

It's a great way to meet idealistic girls with daddy issues that may end up financing your way our life with their parents' visa gold. Though it'd require a brutal force approach, I don't mean rape.

Why, it deals with things I’m interested in...and potential jobs I’d find interesting.

>I’d basically be 40 when I graduate

And how old will you be then if you don't?

There is absolutely no reason for you not to go to uni if you can afford it. You won't even be out of place. Unis aren't just for 18 year olds anymore, and you will encounter plenty of people your age

I guess I put that because I’m worried about getting a job?

Just go back to your pizza place and starting Ubering like all the other 40yo if you don't get a job.

Do you love the subject enough to pay the fees to study it? The qualification itself is basically worthless at your age without the work experience and you can't even play the "it taught me transferable skills" card because 35yos shouldn't need to be taught soft skills. It can help you land an office job though if you're tired of pizza.

It's basically unemployable. Why the fuck would anyone pay you to sit there and rant about your political opinions? (Yes, they're opinions most of the time and not facts. Economists handle the factual side for public policies and that's the end of the story.) Unless you want to work for some lobbying organization or jewnetwork like CNN, it's never going to work out.

>The qualification itself is basically worthless at your age without the work experience

What difference does age make?

Sounds like you don’t really understand the field of international relations.

>Just go back to your pizza place and starting Ubering like all the other 40yo if you don't get a job.

I’d rather kill my self

I absolutely do you fucking retard, I go to uni and everyone in the pol sci department is a tranny or a rainbow haired faggot who plans on leeching off their parents' money
It's a meme degree and so is IR, the closest useful thing would be public policy or economics if you want a job in that ballpark

>Them
>Graduate at 21
>Have at least 18 years of professional work experience in the field and have built up an extensive network of contacts by 40
>You
>Graduate at 40
>Nothing in your work portfolio at 40.

Which 40 year old is gonna get hired?

This isn't like trade school where a skill is a skill and you can get a job if you can do the job.

You're not going to be competing against other new graduates in the political jobs market because new graduates are an investment for any company and a washed up 40 year old who used to work at a pizza place has limited potential.

People say the same thing about economics though?

Who said I was washed
Up?

>Which 40 year old is gonna get hired?

Depends who they like better, better fit, etc. Life is not only credentials. You sound pretty young.

>>Graduate at 40
>Nothing in your work portfolio at 40.

I have a lot of management experience. Managing a restaurant kitchen is probably harder than mid management at the corporate level.

lol fuck no, as long as you study it with some sort of applied math/computer science it's incredibly employable. Econ majors with math/cs minors get 6 digit paychecks lined up after graduation if they play their internship game right

t. 35yo shift managers at Domino's dreaming of the Oval office.

LOL

Anything is possible in the trump era

How many days off and how many pajeets in the field?

poos usually go for IT and CS, corporate econ jobs are pretty white dominated actually. If you go to Wall Street or something they make you slave but pay you incredibly, other places it's a bit more reasonable but it's slightly more than your 40 hour work week in general.

>places it's a bit more reasonable but it's slightly more than your 40 hour work week in general.

How many weeks off?

Changes place to place. I don't personally work in the field but most econ-math grads I know got return offers from the likes of Morgan Stanley, send them an email or something from a burner account if you want to know so bad

So are you the person replying in all the posts about Econ but don’t actually work in field?

dude all my close friends studied econ-apma or apma-cs and started with a minimum 150k guaranteed paychecks for 3 years after graduation, I hear things about work from them all the time

>disregard all posts by user

go fuck yourself then, I've literally been to some of their offices in NYC and seen their cars and homes
I guarantee you're going to be licking toilets clean as the janny couple years after you graduate with crippling debt and no way to pay it off if you go ahead with that shit degree

Ok now you’re seething/triggered

yes because retards who buy into meme degrees just increase that mountain of student loan debt and never fucking pay it off
I'd rather not have my tax money go to support decisions taken by stupid faggots

Wow, definitely taking your opinion seriously now