Religion completely raped my mind

How do I completely recover it?

Attached: 222D3D5E-CE41-401B-87A6-28EB985254B1.jpg (640x623, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h6fcK_fRYaI&t=203s
livescience.com/52197-religion-mental-health-brain.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You post this everyday

First time posting it

Religion is a mind virus

Hardly religious people tend to live happier and longer lives and suffer from depression at lower rates.

It might not be true but its hardly a mind virus particularly compared to the alternatives

*Hardly, religious people tend to live happier and longer lives and suffer from depression at lower rates.

You recover when you stop being religious.

i don't know just read some anti-religion stuff and believe in it, it should wear off.

well if you read into the Bible literally, you won't get far

>base your entire life on insane lies bro, this statistic says people who completely give up their minds to insane lies have less depression

youtube.com/watch?v=h6fcK_fRYaI&t=203s

Your welcome.

Attached: Ubermensch.jpg (385x500, 86K)

state what exactly fucked you up. even if it's very absurd, just say it. it's hard to work with your vague description.

Cynism and misanthropia but trust me I would like to be religious and leave all of this behind

Absolutely not true

lol

We all believe dumb stuff at some point. Then we grow out of it as we mature and get more wisdom.

Do you still believe in Santa? No

Except grown ass adults in Hollywood are so busy pushing Satanism, it leaves no doubt as to the importance of having a relationship with our Heavenly Father. Elites want our souls, and they are winning big time with these younger generations.

Don't us the R word like that op

Holy shit the state of the Boomer.

Kek, can't wait for you to croak.

you'll be first, depressed loser

Attached: lol.jpg (480x360, 12K)

All you have to do is look at Hollywood and the garbage they put out to see the truth. I don't have to say anything more, as it speaks for itself.

It is because of your beliefs, that you cannot discern the stuff "they" threaten you and your loved ones with each and every single day, and it's probably for the best.

If it raped your mind, it was a cult, not a religion. Intellectual Catholicism is the only way.

All religion is a cult and you know it.

>rick and morty opened my eyes man
>wokeASFuck.exe
>come at me with that religion bro
>I believe in nothing, please fuck me
>hey sexy, how’d you like to fuck a dirty heathen?
>please officer, Don’t shoot there’s no after life!

Educate yourself about the philosophy of secular ethics. Go to a therapist. Learn to let go of hate and fear.

You think religion is bad? Try nihilism and prescription meds like most millennial atheist scum. Have you even been to reddit?

To think a single conscious religious person is like you is unimaginable
How’d religion turn from being philosophy to brain virus nationalism

Attached: 38057AB4-80C1-4AB5-9E6C-AB506185F825.jpg (565x847, 88K)

By learning about the world. Learn about space, learn about evolution. Only if you want to obviously. That's the great thing about irreligion - nobody is forcing you to learn about the universe. But you can if you want to.

Source? I googled your claim and this is what I found:
>Certain religious practices may even change the brain in a way that boosts mental health, studies suggest.
>However, religion could also be a double-edged sword: Negative religious beliefs — for example, that God is punishing or abandoning you — have been linked with harmful outcomes, including higher rates of depression and lower quality of life.
livescience.com/52197-religion-mental-health-brain.html

The TLDR is that religion can be positive for mental health, but also it can be negative, especially in religions that emphasise the punitive nature of God, rather than showing God as forgiving.

In any case - how does this make religion true? It doesn't. Whether a belief gives someone a better outcome in life or not does not make that belief true, does it? Let's say that a belief in unicorns makes people have a better outcome in life. Would that make unicorns real? No; truth about our world and our universe can only be established through testing of the reality around us. How do you know that an object has weight? You pick it up, and you can feel its weight. You can put it on a set of scales and measure the weight. This empirical testing is how we ascertain knowledge about our reality, and rightly so. It is the ONLY method for gaining truth about anything. If I told you that I'm a billionaire in charge of a Fortune 500 company, would you believe me? Unless I presented evidence, you probably wouldn't. This is because evidence is needed in order to believe in something.

Religion may have conferred benefits to us, evolutionarily. It probably did, or else it wouldn't have stuck around for so long. But that doesn't make it true.

Attached: 2000px-Orion_Nebula_-_Hubble_2006_mosaic_18000.jpg (2000x2000, 418K)

>believes in satanism
>doesn't deny that he's a boomer (i'm guessing you're at least 30)
>STILL comes on Jow Forums, a site for teenagers and twentysomethings
>posts some weirdo cartoon shit
Yeah I'm going to make an educated guess that you're a low-life. Unemployed and/or mentally disturbed. Did you know that beliefs of "elites" using "satanism" to control the masses are quite common among paranoid schizophrenics.

>ad hominem
This just confirms that you're stupid and your position is completely unfounded. If you had an argument, and if you had evidence/reasons to believe in your position, then you would have presented them. Instead you committed the ad hominem fallacy:
>...a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

First of all I want to dispel your critique of atheists. Many atheists are incredibly successful. Look at Elon Musk, he's had a big family, and he's worth $20 billion.

But the most important thing is that there is no evidence for any "god". Do you want to try and provide some? I've never seen any "god", nor seen any evidence that would indicate the existence of a "god". People like you simply think "there MUST have been something that created the universe, right? Otherwise where did it come from?" - but this is incredibly simplistic thinking. There are many facts about the universe that we didn't know even just a hundred years ago. We didn't even know what Pluto looked like up close until 2015. We didn't know about relativity (how gravity affects the rate at which time passes) until Einstein. And now we use that knowledge to adjust GPS satellite clocks so that they work. Without relativity, GPS would not work.

History has proven that science uncovers more answers over time. So we may not know yet what came before the Big Bang (if anything), but that doesn't mean we won't find out some day. Science uncovers more answers over time. Conversely, religion doesn't. The claims of religion (e.g. the Earth being 6,000 years old) have been proven false. The Earth is around 4.5 billion years old, from our best methods of testing (e.g. radiocarbon dating).

Why would you believe in something without evidence?

Attached: MFaau1O.png (2200x1519, 318K)