What are the best responses to "You don't talk much"?

What are the best responses to "You don't talk much"?

Attached: 01.jpg (319x220, 33K)

"haha, guess not" and smile

"Not with you" if you feel like being an asshole, otherwise just say something like "Yeah, I'm pretty quiet haha".

You probably think life is like “pic related”, but it doesn’t have to be. Just hang out with other autists

first day on the job, you should be silent and not a fucking pain.

"Not with people I don't know"

"You talk too much."

lol at every retard coming up with a passive aggressive response. people say that when they want to find out more about you but you are difficult to get out of your shell. if people didn‘t give a fuck about you in that instance they could easily ignore you. people throw breadcrumbs your way and youre still surprised why you end up alone and not liked.

Be honest about it
Seriously, I've never denied being quiet and once it's been mentioned it barely comes up again

"Because I'm better at listening."

I don't have anything worth saying

[awkward silence]

Well, why don't people mind their own fucking business? Shy people will talk when ready

"I don't talk to boring people" or "fuck off"

“O-okay”
It’s taking me like 3 minutes to think of a response here, so I prolly wouldn’t have a quick one face to face.

>people say that when they want to find out more about you but you are difficult to get out of your shell.
Nope, people say it to brag about how they are so great by comparing themselves to you, since they think you are less than them.
>LOOK IM SUCH AN OUTGOING AWESOME PERSON UNLIKE THIS AUTIST WHO DOESNT TALK

You know, the comment wasn’t hostile or rude. There’s no reason to be hostile in return. It’s just someone who wants to start a conversation with you.

Then they should start the conversation like a normal person instead of saying something against you. There's a ton of ways to start a conversation, as simple as "hey what's up!". But saying "you don't talk much" is just a very subtle insult.

I just say "I've always been a quiet person", and then I continue not talking much. Some people just like to talk and/or are interested in you and want to get to know you. It can be annoying if you're not much of a talker but most people don't mean any harm by it.

>Nope, people say it to brag about how they are so great by comparing themselves to you, since they think you are less than them.
What an assumption! These are anxious thoughts of your’s.
Tell you what. I’ll make this easy for you:
If you don’t like a person, a person who you haven’t met and don’t know anything about, what would you do? Would you go up to them and talk to them? 999/1000 times you would wouldn’t even look in their direction.
Now let’s go back to the hypothetical person who just approached you with the “you don’t talk much” comment:
Since he doesn’t know you at all since you haven’t said a word to him he:
(a) thinks you’re autistic
(b) wants to brag to you even though he hates you
(c) wants to pick a fight
(d) wants to get to know a little bit about you with small talk
I’ll reveal the answer later with an explanation if you need help.

Sorry that some people choose not to start conversations with the exact set of introductions you’ve compartmentalized. Is “hey, you don’t talk much” really that extreme and offensive to the reasonably person that you need to respond with overt hostility?

It can be any of those 4 options, really. There's no way to know and ironically 3 out of 4 of those are negative options.
>If you don’t like a person, a person who you haven’t met and don’t know anything about, what would you do? Would you go up to them and talk to them?
Liking someone or not, has nothing to do with this.

>Is “hey, you don’t talk much” really that extreme and offensive to the reasonably person that you need to respond with overt hostility?
It's a fucking stupid line to say, you have to be a real idiot to start a conversation with "you don't talk much". It's the same as saying "I'm outgoing and you are not".
>with the exact set of introductions you’ve compartmentalized
No, dumbass. There's a million ways to start a conversation that don't make the other person feel uncomfortable. Saying "you don't talk much" is negative, it's saying something negative about the person you are talking to. Literally "hi", "how are you", "what's up", "do you like X", "what about you?", "hows it going", "what do YOU think about X", etc. would work.

you have an inferiority complex my guy

shyness sometimes comes off as rude and arrogant to others. or as if you don't like them. you wouldn't really get that until you were on the other side of the end.

I don't mind that. My set of morals tells me that those who are in the wrong are those who say "you dont talk much" in this case.

Not that user but I've been on both sides and if anything I have a lot of empathy for shy people. I can't believe someone would think of it as rude or arrogant but I guess having no empathy is common.

>shyness sometimes comes off as rude and arrogant to others
I know this, I have heard that comment many times of "shy people are rude"

Makes me want to execute people

Ok

that really has nothing to do with morality, you just have a warped af worldview and see something as an attack which wasn't. i mean you do you, but it's going to be needlessly hard for you.

>get out of your shell

Attached: _20161211_162519.jpg (1080x469, 81K)

just look them in the eye for 10 seconds and put a new toothpick in the side of ur mouth

Don't get so upset about it

The problem is often that shy people try not to show emotions as much (or are just naturally less likely to), so they seem to not react to things as much. It's part of why I taught myself to not hide my facial expressions, it makes up for not audibly laughing for example

>It's part of why I taught myself to not hide my facial expressions, it makes up for not audibly laughing for example
Same here user. I also wonder if normal people genuiely laugh out loud at so many "unfunny" things or if it's mostly just an act on their side.

"you don't hear me talk because noone has tried to talk to me. I'm not going to bother them if they don't want to talk."

You can just say, "sorry, I'm a little tired today!" and smile. It's a valid response and either you can follow up with a conversation starter, or they will, or they'll leave you alone.

Retard

You can't use the same excuse forever though.

Is the same person really going to ask you why you don't talk very much more than once? Not likey.

>it's a kind of tired sleep cant fix