3D Printed Martian Homes

This is the future bois
>AI SpaceFactory start-up just won $500,000 from NASA for this 3D-printed pod-like structures designed to be built on Mars.
And they actually look pretty good and functional!
> youtu.be/XnrVV0w2jrE
Makes me wonder if we cant just start 3D printing homes here on earth..?

> rt.com/news/459060-mars-habitats-human-space-exploration/
> aispacefactory.com/

Attached: Mars Pod homes.jpg (980x551, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

engineeringtoolbox.com/wind-load-d_1775.html
youtube.com/watch?v=QCz3rzA18hA
youtube.com/watch?v=_50N5QoQoc4
youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA&t
youtube.com/watch?v=H7Uyfqi_TE8&t
youtube.com/watch?v=8rYqXE51q24
youtube.com/watch?v=kmFOBoy2MZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=S0dqd72ALkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EcFsOF-ULL8
youtube.com/watch?v=jbHY6mtIwL4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are they going to snap together?
What happen if one of the ones in the middle is damaged? Do you take all the top ones off to fix it?

>wonder if we cant just start 3D printing homes here on earth..?
Because its a retarded idea. You still need to install plumbing and electrical, do the trim and bathroom facilities,tiling, flooring etc. Framing a house is a small fraction of what goes into building a house. Also pouring cement for the foundation is pretty much 3D-printing anyway
t. built houses for 8 years

I wonder what they are estimating for print time...
the external shell could be printed really thick, but looking at their designs the inner resolution looks much more detailed...
and printing from a crane...
i would be supprised if they could get close to the detail and accuracy in the concept art

It would have to be approved by the country building permit office.

It looks like the plan is to have a crane next to the construction site, with a print head.
it literally gets printed from the ground up in one go.

they better have a way of solving blockaged and continuing, cos that totally fucks your print when it happens (speaking from experience)

Looks pretty retarded. I won't feel too safe in a printed house on a planet like Mars.

Fuck colonizing Mars, how about we fix our own planet first? Earth is a perfect habitat for our species, or it used to be.

>No niggers
>No way for poor niggers to follow you
>Become one of the first families on Mars and attain similar glory to those who were the first to America

It's the ultimate White flight.

Where does the building materials come from? Why fly an entire 3D printing crane set-up to Mars in the first place when you could just design your spaceship landing vehicles to be houses once landed? Completely retarded idea.

>It's the ultimate White flight

Attached: nigger_earth.png (497x691, 209K)

kek'd
also in 2600 whites could go back and recolonize Earth after all the shitskins die from being incapable of taking care of themselves

>Abandoning the place that was the seedbed for all revolutions, achievements and the entire history of humankind lead by the white man in favor of an uninhabited hostile desert millions of miles away
>Thinking there won’t be diversity programs for space travel

breh.

>Sweden
>Germany
>USA
Oh boy... I'd rather stay on Earth

>Development of space tech has never benefited humanity.
imagine being this blue pilled.

>White man will turn an uninhabited hostile desert millions of miles away into a paradise like they've done so many times on Earth
>See niggers and spics coming from millions of miles away on top of that
>Implying that all of the White wealth won't immediately flow to Mars upon establishment of a stable settlement and everybody more brown than a piece of toast won't be left behind

>funding yet another start-up on yet another project that will never progress past the prototyping stage
NASA could have its budget cut in half for the next 30 years and there would be no change in what actually makes it to space in that time.

>Checked

That structure is cool. I'm a bit to sure this whole Mars life is going to end really badly. That thing is going to get shredded in a storm.

Attached: 32e.jpg (542x960, 32K)

Why would they do that though? Wouldn't you rather keep whatever you landed on intact and ready to fly, just in case you need to evacuate?

Sum muthafacka bix nud WHITE CRACKA steala ma huts

WE WUZ MARSIANS AN SHEEEEIIIIIIT

Attached: 465281735-mud-hut-endulen-maasai-village-life.jpg (480x270, 39K)

the idea is to get the whites away from the niggers.

basically we're abandoning earth and taking to the stars. in 100 years ther poo people will tell tales of the "gods " that left behind all the artifacts.

>get shredded in a storm
You do realize that Mars only has about 0.05% the atmospheric pressure of earth? You could make a Mars house out of straw and it couldn't get blown down.

>Wouldn't you rather keep whatever you landed on intact and ready to fly
I didn't say remove the engines

dig cylinders into the ground, above ground is retarded.

Mars doesn't have the same magnetosphere as Earth. It will never be truly Earth like.
However the relative lack of tectonic activity and lighter gravity means that making domed cities and habitats are a lot more viable.

>Abandoning the place that was the seedbed for all revolutions, achievements and the entire history of humankind lead by the white man in favor of an uninhabited hostile desert millions of miles away.
>Australia
Crikey!

So you are saying just live on the ship as it is?
That defeats the entire purpose of what they are trying to do though They are attempting to establish the ability to seperate groups, create a base, have people be able to leave and others go. So that someone day little cities can be established. And bases can be made anywhere.

You just know that the first wave of colonists will be carefully selected to ensure representation of every race, religion and orientation.
Then when everything inevitably goes up in flames they'll pretend that they have no idea how it happened.

Any project would have to be a one way trip. Space and weight are both incredibly valuable commodities and bringing enough fuel for a round trip would mean leaving a lot of shit behind.

Space rock storm sorry. I also don't know much about it, because mars is boring to me. I would rather see something done in places with liquid.

Weren't they talking about getting fuel on Mars that could be used to send ships back?

this.
that whole Sand Storm in "The Martian" movie is BS.

why do retards think 3D printing is magic?
why does this word make everything exciting for them?

If the colony is at the point where it can start producing rocket fuel you'd think it would be at the point where it would be relatively stable. The point where you're most likely to have a disaster that would necessitate evacuation is in the early stages after all.
I'd also go so far as to say that you don't want an easy way out if you actually want the colony to succeed.

so it's made out of a plastic of sorts.
What about fires?

>why does this word make everything exciting for them?
It's a buzzword on par with 'AI' used to attract venture capital. Even though AI is a completely false term it somehow replaced the correct description 'expert system' that was used for decades. It's just marketing hype

>What about fires?
put on a space suit and open the door

>wake up
>smell smoke
>oh shit .jpg
>try run down
>stairs molten
>can't reach suit on bottom floor entry square
> wall melts, air leaks, depressurisation and fire is out
>jump down, break leg
>can't go leg first into your suit
>die

My point yeah. is it fire retardant in some way, or just the walls?

Attached: index.jpg (209x242, 7K)

I have the weird feeling that mars is going to be a prison planet and Earth will be a reserve for the mega rich to enjoy and a few lucky servants.

Regardless, wouldn't all the dust and wind fuck up the print?

>wall melts
I would assume they would use a thermoset plastic like bakelite, it will not burn or melt. Also you would think that there would be a fire suppression system installed, although you can't exactly 3d print that, or stop by the local mar-home-depot and get the parts.

They use some sort of propitiatory polymer.
So who knows the specifics.

>wouldn't all the dust and wind fuck up the print?
No seeIt's still a stupid idea though

yeah, i mean i like the idea and i have little knowledge of the characteristics of the material they use. but some concern remains.
also they mentioned using biodegradeable material.. on mars.
externally it won't degrade for obvious reasons but it will start degrading internally, no?

so many questions. but at least no niggers so problems will get solved.

If you're 3D printing it anyways do you have to make them look so fucking stupid?
I don't want to live in a deformed egg.

Oh, I see, thanks user.

Honest toi earth (on Mars)question:

Wouldnt it be better to build these houses underground?
You know drill a 10 meter and 4 meter wide hole and than print the interior and everything from bottom to top?

You guys didn’t even see the spacex presentation on sending artists (leftists/“minorities”) first?

Let them send blacks first. There is a long history of sending monkeys into space for testing purposes anyway.

god i love this idea. Let them perish n shiet

Attached: bayern sause.gif (400x256, 2.83M)

Attached: WE_WUZ_SPACE_NIGGAS_N_SHEEIT.jpg (800x800, 148K)

Mars windstorms reach ~100km/h wind speeds.

>Mars windstorms reach ~100km/h wind speeds.
and? do the math, or if you can't use this site
engineeringtoolbox.com/wind-load-d_1775.html
You would barely feel 100km/hr wind on mars

FRIENDLY REMINDER
>FRIENDLY REMINDER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
>FRIENDLY REMINDER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
>FRIENDLY REMINDER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
>FRIENDLY REMINDER

Every saturday between 8pm and 10pm UK time we have a discussion on Mars and Space related topics in /etm/ - EARTH TO MARS general. Drop in and contribute if you are interested in this stuff.

Until then, check out these comfy videos

>NEW BFR Overview
youtube.com/watch?v=QCz3rzA18hA

>Educational Doc on Terraforming Mars:
youtube.com/watch?v=_50N5QoQoc4

>Space X Interplanetary Transport System:
youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA&t

>"Making Life Interplanetary" by Elon Musk:
youtube.com/watch?v=H7Uyfqi_TE8&t

>3 Companies Developing Game Changing Technologies
youtube.com/watch?v=8rYqXE51q24

>Isaac Arthur - "Outward Bound - Colonising Mars"
youtube.com/watch?v=kmFOBoy2MZ8

>Isaac Arthur - Mars: From science fiction, to science fact
youtube.com/watch?v=S0dqd72ALkQ

>Challenges of Colonizing Mars!
youtube.com/watch?v=EcFsOF-ULL8

Attached: MA5.jpg (640x360, 166K)

Here I did it for you, the force exerted by a 100km/hr mars wind is ~300 Newtons, so not as trivial as I said but still fuck all

"Very soon our people will live on Mars, following those first few years the colony is going to expand and it is becoming clear that it will not be long until commercial emigration comes in to play. This means the first large influx of settlers over the next 50 years are going to be families who can afford the ticket. Only people who can afford to move there will be able to.
let's face it - a strong European presence on Mars is the only way to truly secure our future especially if our situation here continues to get worse."

Attached: MA13.jpg (1575x2242, 1.43M)

also need to prevent south africa style of inbreeding by sending plenty of european stock.
and i do mean old european stock.

>mars wind is ~300 Newtons
oops that should be 30N, so yeah trivial, it's like 2kg of force

3d printing is so 2012. it's not even a buzzword anymore. it's also slow, expensive and limited scale with few applications. yet I've seen hundreds of 'architecture' projects trying to implement this. why architecture?

the first colonies will be built in the caves.

how is this Jow Forums related?

We can't 'fix' the planet. We can only fuck it up, really. The Earth is alive, it's a living system, it'll correct the issues or adapt to a new homeostasis. Doesn't mean humanity will survive, but I suppose that's what we get for not cherishing our home and respecting the nature that blessed us with life. I'm sure some of u can go underground like in the old stories. We'll be alright, even with the sad pieces of shit who think they can just run away from their problems.

plenty of black dick and twitter eceleb threads for you to go chill in homie

They will use PLA, you can hear it from video in OP-post. PLA is melting at about 70 Celsius, biodegradable and made from CORN.

>(((White))) wealth
Hahahahaha hahahahaha you skin color fetishists are really amusing.

Looks like something termites would build and something bugmen would love to live in.

Nice concept.
However, there still needs to be a reason to go there. Mining?
Then there needs to be two way traffic, getting in there and getting back with the precious cargo.
I would suggest to focus now on making autonomous robots to 1) gather data on resources, 2) build the infrastructure close to these resources, anticipating human settlements there, once the two way traffic is solved.
Focusing now on sending people there, just for the heck of it, is a waste of time. It gets really boring there fast and the idea of being all alone in an entire planet, gets to your skull, very fast too. Need to have an exit plan.. :)

>PLA is melting at about 70 Celsius, biodegradable and made from CORN
Ah, didn't watch that far. How will they melt it to 'print' in the first place, EVIL nuclear reactors?
>like something termites would build and something bugmen would love to live in.
Let's start rounding up the chinks and firing them off

Attached: chink_iphone_8.png (270x443, 257K)

Look, I don't want to shit on space colonization, it's the only hope of humanity in the long term, but Mars is geologically dead. Without an active core there will be no magnetic field to deflect solar wind. That solar wind will blow away most of the atmosphere from terraforming. It's only suitable for outposts IMO.

Attached: 1393682150189.png (747x589, 53K)

this and it will start with a bank and a synagoge

>it will start with a bank and a synagoge

Attached: pepe_shekelberg.png (655x650, 25K)

Attached: space_el_is_kill_part_2.png (529x969, 35K)

Isn’t SpaceX mostly white though? I heard liberals gave them a lot of shit for their lack of diversity.

>Isn’t SpaceX mostly white though?
So is NASA, what a coincidence!

Attached: jewgle_NASA.png (962x577, 700K)

yes flying a home through space to another planet is more efficient than building on site. if you canucks could logistics you might still have a cattle industry.

>building on site
Building with what? It's a barren plant. Do you think factories and synthetic materials will just magically appear? You might find shelter in a cave or ice too make igloos at the poles, but beyond that you have nothing. Holy fuck you are retarded

The 3-D printed offices of Hacker & Fisher LLP will melt when fire bombed as they should be those pricks.

yes leaf, there is no iron in the soil that could be processed and made usable with laser based 3d printing system. i think you might be projecting, go have a glass of milk.

By the time we reach the point of starting to colonize Mars they will be sending a virtue-signalling team as the first settlers.

I can see the program working if it's entirely white or slightly mixed with some whiter asians like Japanese or Koreans. For the sake of future generations that's probably the only "acceptable" diversity if it stays limited. But with how things are already rolling... it's going to be a fucking Diversity Brigade of dubious qualifications. Diversity™ is not a fucking strength, it's willingly undermining yourself and your society.

All this shit is going up in flames before it even starts unless something radically changes. Anyone with a shred of intelligence left is going to blow their fucking brains out because they are surrounded by people rooting for failure and wondering why they failed when humanity needed to succeed the most.

>go live on mars
>reduced gravity causes colonists to become super weak
>constantly bullied by visiting chad businessmen, dignitaries, retinues, etc.
>try to rebel
>mars gets btfo
>queue colonies on moon
>moon has less gravity than mars
>martians pick fights with the moonfags as the only people they can bully
>moonfags talk shit to a bully the space station fags
you know the future will be like this

>moonfags talk shit to a bully the space station fags
Station fags can create simulated gravity though by rotation, the moon-fag would need to go after the Ceres and asteroid belt fags

Attached: BB_explains_space_kikes.jpg (584x360, 70K)

>Anyone with a shred of intelligence left is going to blow their fucking brains out
After you, blackpill leaf. If shit hits the fan, I'm sure as hell not going to waste ammo on myself.

the oceans will be high fructose corn syrup by then, Earth will be a radioactive pozzed shithole. Hopefully we have rods of god tech / elysium rings so we can glass the surface with fire

The more I think about it, the more I think this shit is flawed. There are far toomany points of failure for probably one of the most critical aspects of colonizing mars. We pretty much have everything down from past experience, at least in theory and practicality, but doing shit like this is hinging far too much on something that could easily fail and fuck the whole mission. Imagine if the first men on the moon were sent with a coal grill and told that the mission was a legitimate failure and they had to come back ASAP if they didn't grill a steak. It would be an arbitrary complication nobody needed that fucked the whole mission, like this.

It will be hell hanging pictures in those things. Bretty cool tho. Hopefully not a grant farming scam.

It's probably going to at least be lobbied for a mostly-black expedition so it truly "represents" the ratios of "humanity" by the point we colonize Mars, better embrace the blackpill and fight without fear whenever death comes.

Attached: 1553650926929.gif (135x90, 34K)

Fuck that shit. I'd rather blow up the fucking rocket myself than to see niggers on Mars.

looks aesthetic
more important problem which they gave no answer to is radiation shielding

It would easier to lay pipes and cover in Martian dirt.

You have to remember the surface is exposed to cosmic radiation and severe dust storms. Something upright like that ain't gonna cut it.

as far as I can tell, the current position is to pretend as if there is no radiation on the moon or mars and act as if they have an earth like atmosphere so we can more easily play sci fi

I agree, all the infrastructure should begin underground

The truth is the true whites already left. We were all left behind.

>The truth is the true whites already left
Yup, they stole the stargates from niggers

Attached: We_was_SG1_n_shit.jpg (640x477, 69K)

Jesus do black people always talk out of their ass?

>do black people always talk out of their ass?
Yes, just watch this:
Zambian Space Program Aims for Lunar Landing
youtube.com/watch?v=jbHY6mtIwL4

Attached: nigger_cargo_cult.png (658x440, 340K)

ayy based etm user, keep up the good work

Attached: 1550960803262.jpg (800x1910, 547K)

Are any of you going to talk about the fact that these mars mission candidates are expected to live in a fucking cave or a glorified shipping container on Mars for the rest of their miserable lives? Also, if they stay too long their bones would adapt to Mars gravity, rendering them disabled if they ever came back to earth.

Mars is rightful croatiam clay fuck off. Elon Musković will take us to Mars

They'll just use the force Luke

Attached: star_wars_rape.webm (1000x426, 2.95M)

(((houses)))

scum retard.

>"Contact was lost with the Mars Diversity Mission today. Apparently, Tyrone's spacecraft experienced a critical cabin depressurization when he tried to fuck one of the fuel hoses."