America - Property Tax

It seems this topic is always a good one. I tend to see quite a few people who disagree with property taxes and take it as never owning their land.

What are your thoughts Jow Forums

Attached: focus-ranch-riders-on-the-mesa.jpg (1536x1024, 667K)

Might as well start with my stance...

I dont mind the property tax and see it more as a city tax. We pay federal and state after all, so why not city. Schools, fire, police, roads, etc. Are funded by property taxes with help from state and federal Grant's. The only way to determine who owes the "city tax" is by taxing those who own property in the city. Generally speaking those individuals are the ones who reap the most benefit from the services mentioned above.

first you must understand america, then american tax, then american culture.

>america
the people of america.
>american tax
a tax that is charged by the people, to the people, for the upkeep of things that everybody has to pay for because nobody wants to pay for.
>american culture
we'll take whatever we want.

now, property tax is a tax paid to the government (the people) so that you can continue to live on that land and they can't just snatch it from you.
if a person or group tries, the rest of the people will come to your aid (police, military).

that is american property tax.

Replace all taxes with a single tax on land values.

Attached: LVT Will Save You(1).jpg (1437x908, 375K)

That wouldn't work. Renters dont pay property tax, the owners of the building do. So that would mean the owner of the building would also be paying the renters "portion" of state and federal tax also. Fuck that shit.

Literally nothing wrong with that. Income taxes punish workers. Property taxes punish (((landlords))).

I used to audit governmental entities. Lol, they steal 25% of the tax revenue and waste 50%. I'm being generous giving 25% actually go towards what it is supposed to.

How do they steal it?

It's proof that Masons founded America.
In 1689, Locke argued in his Two Treatises of Government that political society existed for the sake of protecting "property", which he defined as a person's "life, liberty, and estate".

MANY place sin America have been gentrified by property tax. One example is Beverly Hills. It was small farm-holds. Taxed right out of being able to live there.

This
But make sure natural resources are taken into account.

Attached: 1560109755986.png (600x406, 395K)

put your fucking hands down

Where I live, property taxes finance the larger part of the school district. There is a large percentage of home ownership and two parent homes here. It's kind of diverse with significant Hispanic population, and some Indians who work at the IT center, but very little crime. So we have the best school district in one of the worst states when it comes to education. Property taxes are a tool to increase the likelihood of better schools. But part of that is that districts with a bigger property tax pools are going to have more of the types of parents who are involved with their children's education. Those areas are also going to attract better teachers.

awarding it to their friends and wasting it.
IE
>giving contracts to buddies, buddies over charge, pocket bigly
corruption 101
now expand on this notion and make it far more widespread and complex, all the way from local hick towns to the pentagon

Property taxes are yet another way for kikes to steal the white mans money and give it to subhumans. Its a system abused far too often. Especially in by leftists.

put ur fucking hands down dickweeds

it's like one big frat house. fuck these people.

property taxes are un-Constitutional

Maybe, but explain how else we would fund schools, police, and fire?

I agree with you 100%. I pay a decent amount in property tax, but we also have the best schools in the area. It's safe and thankfully mostly white.

increase sales tax?

Put a sales tax on niggers and spics if they want schools. Any self respecting white man sends theirs kids to private school.

That doesnt guarantee the money goes back to my city. What if I spend most of money outside the city I live.

I live in a 98% white district. It's practically a private school.

Then make it private and be done with it. The school argument is one thats gonna get weaker in the future as more and more millennial and zoomers dont have kids yet are forced to pay for schools filled with the subhuman spawn of recent migrants that dont pay shit.

>What if I spend most of money outside the city I live.
Yeah, I see what you mean, but maybe this would encourage people to spend money in their own city, help develop community pride and business? Maybe?

IF it were to go to legitimate government functions, if would be begrudgingly acceptable. I am stuck in NJ and this is not the case. Here it is exorbitant theft and only a tiny fraction is returned to the unfortunate citizens. This is only part of the nightmare that is life in this state.

Maybe someplaces. We have pretty good public schools where I live. My son got accepted to (Jesus this pisses me off just thinking about it) one of the best public charter schools in the country, and he didn't to go. He's a shitty student but naturally ~90th percentile smart. The school basically pushes kids out who aren't super self disciplined, so my wife and I didn't push it. The public school he's going to is the best non-charter in the state, and he's taking apart stuff, so I can't cry too much. The point being some places still have good public schools.

I pretty much agree with this. It's a city tax.

fuck tax. fuck this shitty faggot kike government.

We’ve had property taxes since the beginning but I have mixed feelings towards it. It mean you don’t “own” your land but more of a rent payment. I absolutely want to go pre 1913 and abolish the income tax for certain. I’m more in favor of a sales tax myself.

Property taxes are more efficient because they can be adjusted locally
That doesn't really work with sales tax because people can drive to the next town over or buy stuff online

That’s why I have mixed feelings on property taxes.

As for sales tax I’d say to incorporate a devolved state income tax to a county income tax. Potentially for online sales a federal tax split 50/50 between the location of the buyer vs seller.

Fuck all taxes. Only acceptable tax is a progressive sales tax

>Potentially for online sales a federal tax split 50/50 between the location of the buyer vs seller.
But that would require on consistent Federal rate

>progressive sales tax
How would that even work?

>(((adjusted locally)))
Yeah the newly kike filled city council suddenly finds your land is worth more than ever when they need money to pay for corporate bribes or a new bus line for niggers. Property taxes should be caped. Not adjusted whimsically.

Attached: 1552775891604.png (1200x758, 678K)

>What are your thoughts Jow Forums
We are all serfs in denial.

>Constant federal rate
Should have specified interstate commerce. As for within the state you may have the same system but between counties

Property taxes should be set locally
A rural area is going to have less public services than a city and therefore can have a lower tax rate

I prefer pre-prohibition taxes, when the government ran on alcohol taxes.

>its ok to steal money from people for reasons
kill yourself nigger.
DIRECT TAXES SHALL BE APPORTIONED

>same system but between counties
How is that better than having rates set locally which you can do with property taxes
see

In my state the average annual property tax is $1,000 on a $180,000 home

So people who injerited or have paid it off themselves have to dish out that much per YEAR

Holy shit, call the cops right? Who can afford $2,000 a year to live in a $180,000 home?

You gonna tell me renting is better? Lmaoo

Less chance of corruption.

why should you have the right to force people's children to go to some government sanctioned education instituion and force them to pay money to fund said thing? What happened to mothers staying home and raising their own kids? Oh right, feminism tricked them all into going into the workplace, while inflation from central banking raised the prices of everything, requiring two incomes to afford what at one point in time only one income could provide.

$1,700* annual average

Looks like your rent just went up to offset it ;^)

Paying government for your land is all kinds of wrong. Your essentially passing down a tax THAT HAS TO BE PAID every year. No exceptions

Is it possible to start a political party whose sole objective is the removal of property taxes?

How is there a less of a chance of corruption?
Also the best part about local control corrupt governments have control over a smaller area

Local sales taxes. Public school should be dismantled. It's unfair for people who don't have kids, or send theirs to private school. hey burn he money anyway, there are more non-teaching staff than teachers.

If you rent youre paying the landlords property tax in one month, every month there after is 100% profit for them, unless you break something or are degenerately filthy

Or unless they are sub leasing and you dont know it, so your rent is essentially buying the house fir them

Lol your not paying the government for your land. It's only called property tax because it's the only way to measure who owes "city" taxes in the area.

That's how the pub school was when I was a kid. that same school is now 50%+ spic. We had ONE 1/2 spic girl, and an Asian. FUCK paying for special classes for kids that won't learn English, and are here from illegal parents.

Like I said before the city council might be swayed by a few kikes looking to go on a spending spree in your locally adjusted and uncapped taxes. Thats less likely when your talking about an entire state. True some states are shit like cali but most are largely sane on tax issues with liberal areas counterbalanced by conservative areas. In the extreme interstate commerce can be regulated at the court level in the event of abuse. Basically more moving parts, less chance for one person or small group to steal.

Public school is garbage everywhere

They tax fuel & car registration for the roads. Most of the money goes to shit-tier babysitting(school) for spics & nigs.

>Thats less likely when your talking about an entire state.
No its not
Local governments are far more accountable to citizens than state ones because there are less voters

>How is it better
The sales tax is still local due to being at a county level, unless a county is too large for you. If that’s the case we’re just arguing taxation over a given area via perspective. I’m still on the fence about property taxes since I’m more of an American traditionalist when it comes to taxes, but I find the argument of property taxes being rent semi compelling

THIS. It's fully arbitrary. The city limits new homes built, then the existing supply gets more expensive, they get to raise your prop tax. While you made no improvements to your land. The ONLY fair ting I can see is a one time tax payment on the actual purchase price.

>unless a county is too large for you
It is rural areas of the county need less services

Thats a problem for people in the city

I dont find to be true in practice. Mainly because most local governments are not particularly electorally competitive.

My parents reg 4 bed house in Cali, they pay $10k+/yr in prop tax. They use ZERO services, and the roads haven't been touched in decades besides pot hole repair. Their street has never been redone in the 40ys they have lived there.

>a one time tax payment on the actual purchase price
agreed

Both property and income tax need to go. Trump already proved that trade tariffs can fund the entire country.

They are much more competitive than state and federal elections
A few years ago the churches in my town got everyone booted off the school board because of sex ed

>Lol your not paying the government for your land.
Try not paying it and see if you get to keep "your" property.

>need less services
Fair point, but at that I’d have say that is up to mayors between towns to hash out, along with council meetings with the citizenry to delve out the money as/where needed by the county.

Did they lower the tax rate as well?

I’d rather pay property taxes which go to my locality and improve the living conditions around where I live and of my neighbors than pay state and federal tax that goes to fucking niggers on welfare and funding Israel’s defense. I’d gladly pay 50% of my income in tax if I lived in a white ethno state and was sure in the knowledge that I wasn’t paying to support useless people.

Why not just have cities set their own property taxes?
It you wat to live in a city with schools libraries police and fire you will have to pay high taxes
If you want to live in a rural area and homeschool your kids then taxes will be low

That same town just spent $65mil(pre-bond payback price, will be ~$100mil after 30yr interest) on tearing down and rebuilding the middle school that only has 550 students. I watched the tear down, the buildings were FINE, full dimensional old growth Redwood. ZERO rot. Now it's shit-tier plywood & stucco.

The concept of "owning" land doesn't make sense. Who made that land? No one. It's a part of the Earth. Who made your house, car, and everything else you own? People. If you are to be protected by law that your part of land is only to be use by you, over time, you must pay the price. There should be no flat fee to own a piece of land forever. It's for anyone.

No because property taxes are set and collected by the state with some local bond taxes being the exception

Fuck off you retarded zoomer. Do you realize how stupid most of the population is? Do you want to fix the stupidity or keep perpetuating it? I'll tell you what, it doesn't get fixed by homeschooling kids that's for sure. That's how you end up with kids who think climate change isn't real. Or your dumbass.

Fuck off back to redit, commie.

Not in New England. The local municipality sets the property tax rate and collects the tax. At least that’s how it works in Mass, Conn and NH. Some towns have vastly higher tax rates than others but you have to consider the property valuation as well.

>why not have the cities do it
I grew up rurally so what happens when you’re outside the city limits?
The schools, fire, and sherif taxes are collected by the county. Also the fire department is volunteer, which could be done in a city via tax credit/deduction for time spent volunteering

And that is a better system than having one rate statewide
> Do you want to fix the stupidity or keep perpetuating it?
you realize most of these stupid people graduated from public school

now tell me user...how are county taxes collected?

By all means, inform me

Where I live rural areas still have some sort of a form of a local government even if they are not officially incorporated cities

>you realize most of these stupid people graduated from public school
Not every public school is shit. Most stupid people did graduate from shit public school. But the quality of the school is generally determined by where you were brought up and raised. If you live in a good neighborhood, chances are your schools are good. If your neighborhood is shit, chances are your schools are bad. Consider that when making a decision to raise kids.

Income tax is BS but property tax is necessary for government to function.

Idk how your state is, but in my state it's still collected through property taxes.

Taxation is objectively theft.
There is literally NO counterargument against this cold, hard, objective fact.

Attached: 1558486378039.png (640x274, 109K)

people went to schools before the Human Resource department had been invented dumbass...

>Do you realize how stupid most of the population is?
>Do you want to fix the stupidity?
You must have gone to public school. The population has gotten dumber since pub-school came into existence. It panders to the lowest common denominator., and exists to indoctrinate & provide make-work jobs for apparatchik.

Agreed. Local elections actually mean something. Some towns have “good schools” and high taxes and other have shitty schools and low taxes. You can choose which kind of town you want to buy property in. Your vote (for or against taxes) means a lot more when you live in a town of 5k and only 1500 adults actually vote in local elections.

I went to a top ranked public school and I know tons of idiots that were allowed to graduate
>Consider that when making a decision to raise kids.
Dont care because I would never send my kids to public school

>you have to consider the property valuation
WTF does the value of my home have to do with the costs of operating a city?

Nah, I'll stay here. Surprisingly convincing some of your poisoned minds has worked!

I did go to public school. A good public school. I now make 6 figures and am doing well for myself. Not all public schools are the same. Education in groups inevitably panders to the lowest common denominator. But when you're in an area of parents who value education the lowest common denominator is actually quite high.

>property tax is necessary for government to function
Wrong.

How much rent/living is and therefore how much the firemen and police and people who run your town need to live on.

Nothing but that’s how most taxes work. Otherwise we would all be paying an equal user fee. That would be fair but poor people would screech and say it’s unfair somehow.

NOTHING you said repudiates what I said. All you said is it sometimes may possibly work in some areas for some people.

They aren't, and have been the primary source of revenue for localities since the country was founded. The Federal Government, meanwhile, originally started with the ability to place tariffs for funding.