Around 40% of American couples now first meet online

qz.com/1546677/around-40-of-us-couples-now-first-meet-online/

>It is one of the most profound changes in life in the US, and in much of the rich world. Instead of meeting our partners in school, at work, or through friends and family, many of us now meet them online.

>Some 39% of heterosexual couples that got together in the US in 2017 met online, according to a recently released study (pdf) by sociologists Michael Rosenfeld and Sonia Hausen of Stanford University and Reuben Thomas of University of New Mexico. This was also the case for more than 60% of same-sex couples that year. That makes online dating by far the most common way that American couples now meet. The data also show that between 1995 to 2017, meeting through friends saw the largest decline, from 33% of couples at the start of the period to just 20% at the end.

>“It used to be that finding a partner is something one did with their community,” says Thomas. “Now it is basically an individual quest.” This has also created a $4 billion-plus industry to help people on that quest (paywall). Thomas and his counterparts’ research paper is currently under review for publication in an academic journal.

Ouch. This can only mean every higher hypergamy as looks matter more when relationships are formed online. Young men will have less and less sex and the 'have sex' meme will be more relevant than ever.

Attached: 1529499435194.jpg (993x1286, 599K)

Thanks God I'm gay and don't need to put up with this shit

agree lets meet up and have buttsecks

My pingas is available only for my lifetime partner, those unprincipled faggots give gay men a bad name and I frankly hope they'll end up like freddie mercury for having been degenerate menwhores their whole lives.

Attached: 1560057170699.png (1000x1000, 122K)

>This can only mean every higher hypergamy as looks matter more when relationships are formed online. Young men will have less and less sex and the 'have sex' meme will be more relevant than ever.
looks matter way more when you approach a girl in person
online you can butter them up first so you can overcome both looking below average and being socially off putting as well
it gives men the advantage as women tend to be more honest than men when chatting online or if not honest then more transparent

Pity online dating is so fucking cancerous.

I've met about 30% of my ex-girlfriends online

I met my current gf on tinder. the one before that I met at work.

fpbp

Based and same

Never read a more bluepilled post in my life. Your picture is the number 1 determinate of your success with online dating. All experiments show it to be so.

>27% met in a bar or restaurant
Great the main alternative to online dating is still picking up an alcoholic slampig barfly that's been drunkenly passed around between everyone that's bought her a drink.

kys

It's easier to get a date while I lay in bed jerking off at profile pics, than actually having to get up, go out, and spend money I don't have because I don't get paid a livable wage.

nevermind this isnt an ad
still kys though

Only weirdos meet online, bars are for trashy people. The church is our last salvation. Its time to return to g*d.

in 5 minutes you can send out 50 messages and at least 5 of them will talk to you
they won't all be fat or ugly

complete opposite

looks matters less irl because your confidence, personality, and humor are way easier to show.
online you have a photo and text. how you look in those photos matters a lot.

I met my wife of eight years online, in a virtual world. Never expected that but there you go.

>cO6bUSB
USB

Attached: giphy (4).gif (300x225, 228K)

>don't get paid a livable wage
>still alive

Explain.

Memeflag checks out.

>looks matter way more when you approach a girl in person

lol wow

this is the correct opinion.

>how you look in those photos matters a lot.

and you can use the angles and photoshop to make yourself look better. literally every single female on these sites/apps does this.

>looks matters less irl because your confidence, personality, and humor are way easier to show.
this is true if you look and act like joey tribbiani
i'm talking from the perspective of someone who's in the bottom 30% looks and personality wise

What are gay hook up apps
Everyone is guilty

I have to work 2 jobs in order to just cut it.

If you knew how life is hard a a heterosexual man... I'm quite ok looking, quite fit, good job in finance, speak 4 languages, I have culture and good manners, and I can't find a woman to settle with. Most my relationships ended with the girls showing to be crazy, one of them even threatened to accuse me of rape.

Pic related.

Attached: 1559976142226.jpg (1024x682, 103K)

Sexual morality has been dead in this country for a long time. All the online dating degeneracy does is make it easier for some people to be the same degenerates they otherwise are. The fact is that you have coinflip odds of divorce unless you wait until marriage (and your partner does the same)--the "40% of couples" will not last. I'd say no more than a few percent even make it as far as marriage to begin with.

Also
>Rosenfeld

Hook up is synonym for vapid faggots who have nothing but sex going themselves. The best way to get to date someone online would be to start from an hobby of yours and find out people who share your interests instead of blindly looking for a quick fuck in a chad dick delivery app. I can't speak for the girls because they're mostly taken, whereas the ones who are single might be mentally ill or socially inept, but there are a lot of lonely guys out there who'd be willing to be in a long term relationship.

Attached: 1559558026033.jpg (600x579, 40K)

>this is true if you look and act like joey tribbiani

jesus dude, you are literally retarded if you think joey is some sort of attractive alpha male type. he was an annoying faggot that nobody liked...that was his character. do you have autism?

>i'm talking from the perspective of someone who's in the bottom 30% looks and personality wise

well then if you're literally a troll with a shit personality who spends his whole day on mongolian fingerpainting boards, do the rest of the human race a favor and kys yourself asap as possible

But i am also hererosexual, I draw sexual attraction out of the attention people give me and make no difference between sexes. My standards are practically nonexistent unless it boils down to bears and all that disgusting shit. I've been in a LDR with a latina for two entire years and the only thing I got out of it is hell. Things went to wreck quite quickly, she started to hate my guts more and more despite being outstandingly loyal one way or the other. Nevertheless the whole thing was bound to be short-lived, she turned oftentimes irascible and even the slightest joke I'd crack would get under her skin if it had an ounce of political incorrectness to it. At some point I grew weary of her shit and decided to be through with her. She's probably hooked up with the local basedboy in her town now, and I couldn't care less. Women strike me as either hollow husks devoid of personalities or tyrannical whores sticking out like sore thumbs, at least guys still have a shred of empathy and a scrap of personality I must say.

Attached: 1560029943263.jpg (474x841, 50K)