HOW TO ENJOY THE END OF THE WORLD PT.3

youtube.com/watch?v=5WPB2u8EzL8

A lecture given by visiting Asst. Professor of Mathematics Dr. B. Sidney Smith at Virginia Tech, March 26th, 2019.

Previous thread:

Attached: 1521756006086.jpg (652x760, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=swGVAaJ4pbY
soundcloud.com/dean-tulipane/devils-advocates
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How long can we realistically keep consuming at the current rate? 50 years? 100 years? 500 years?

50 is optimistic.
There will be hurdles along the way to last 50 years.
Our civilization won't last 80 years. It just won't.
Human life will still exist until it too is completely wiped out by some natural catastrophe.

behold the Eyes of Christ!

Attached: t7wotw.png (370x82, 64K)

no idea. however i think maybe 50years? anything more than 100 is bullshit. hard to predict though, since there are multiple factors at play here. some technologies might sustain the system for a few years/decades more, while on the other hand, you have population growth, climate change etc. straining the system further and further. thing is, the system in no longer sustainable, and hasn't been for decades already, so we are living off reserves

Why should I invest 1 hour of my life in watching that video? What will I get out of watching it?

Improve your understanding of the world and the most critical challenges facing us.
Though, I don't expect black people to care.

It's a pretty good video

3rd thread huh...other user's besides op give me a quick run down, is this hour long video worth my time?

We're running out of usable energy while simultaneously needing more of it.
It's already too late to do anything about it.
If you're motivated, you could start learning living off the land so you have some useful skills to teach your children, who will need them more than you.

It is definitely worth the time. Watch at 1.25x if your ears are fast. It goes over the diverse ways in why and how we are fucked.

So long people don't get that civilization is inherently fucked, they will keep wasting their time thinking about who is going to win the next election and what we should be outraged about today. This is far, far more important. Want to survive the fall when the ball pops? You need to have a realistic view of the world.

Attached: Ride The Ball.jpg (512x768, 79K)

>How to enjoy the end of the world
Pray to Allah
Step outside with a chair
Munch on some popcorn as I watch the many nukes drop in the resource war
Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

Malthusian shit by a Green Party beardy.
Pessimistic Gaia-worshipping misanthropic Doomers will dig it.

wow blessed

He said something that was incorrect?
He was speaking at a green event, but said no green policies will save our civilization.
If a fool has a good point, it's still a good point.

I am at peace with collapse, I just hope that we can hang as many of the people that helped the collapse along. It won't solve anything, but it would make me feel better

2 more years ,Methane Bomb

youtube.com/watch?v=swGVAaJ4pbY

soundcloud.com/dean-tulipane/devils-advocates
Christ is coming

>Improve your understanding of the world and the most critical challenges facing us.
Go on, mongoloid. What will I gather from this video that I couldn't from Luddite literature?

This is bullshit. Iran has enough oil to fuel the entire planet for over 200 years. That is with projected growth.

30-50. Mathus wasn't wrong. It's not possible for a small number of people in the West to continue feeding the entire planet while non-whites breed at exponential rates. Short of white people literally conquering Africa and turning it into farmland, population growth is untenable. And because infinite population growth in a finite system is impossible, and yet so many economic systems demand it, collapse will inevitably happen.

It won't kill human civilization though. It'll just bring in a second Dark Ages where most of the planet's population dies off.

Meant to say Malthus. As in, Malthusian Collapse.

said every idiot for the past 2000 years.

Nothing. I watched most of it and eventually got bored and turned it off.

There's well over a hundred years of production that we know about, plus recent massive shale finds described as "virtually without limit". Then there's the 90% of unspent energy in nuclear "waste" which is really just more fuel, then there's thorium... I mean fucking hell, when you look at technological progress over the last 100 years and ask yourself what's yet to be discovered... and all the time we learn to do more with less, becoming more efficient, more miniaturisation...

All this Malthusian shit just betrays a complete failure to understand basic economics, let alone the potential for human ingenuity and innovation.

Utterly retarded. But then that's what you'd expect from a Green.

Attached: OilRecoverable2016.png (463x267, 7K)

20-30 is more realistic
Trying to get the third world to live at the same standards of first world nations has taken a toll. Worst decision made in the history of mankind tbqh.

Attached: download.png (1280x873, 122K)

should i watch this?
ill give it a shot

Let's just ignore all the bad shit and hope that humans come up with magic that solves all these problems.