Onions

onions

Attached: 578316.jpg (1200x924, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_spices
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dude I've been eating onions to increase my test and I fucking smell like onions all the time now

Inject it, that way there's no smell

Garlic is better. I've ended 2 huge tooth abcess infections in a Few days, with no antibiotics. Romans and Egyptians took it

Onions can turn any bland food to super delicious food.

Also, garlic turns potatoes from boring to godly.

Attached: 46640df1a8bd90717e1fd05afb936c0d.jpg (480x360, 18K)

And the smell of sauteed onions? Fucking mouthwatering.

Does this shit actually works?

>tfw used up my last onions this morning
No onions for tomorrow's breakfast :(

can u give me a quick recipe user please?

Attached: Screenshot_20190611-114840.png (720x1280, 714K)

How about caramelized onions?

Attached: F0tJJxsGa3DFBu1ZZdP2JciL7goYDaSp.png (1024x683, 1.06M)

Sure, tell me what kinda dish.

How does thiis actually work? Does the garlic need be raw or can it be fried/oven roasted?

Garlic is in the same family. But you are right: it's a powerful antimicrobial sometimes works better than pharmaceutical drugs, both ingested and topically.

yes.
next time you make a sandwich or soup, use half an onion.
if you can handle it's effects, use a whole one next time. it feels like champagne bubbles in your veins. good stuff.
best eaten raw.

Mmm i can give it a try,maybe in a soup.Half an onion sounds too much for a sandwich desu

Here's what I've been doing most mornings.
>Turn on stove add a fist-size of ground beef (this provides cooking fat as well)
>Dice fist-size worth of potato and add that
>Dice fist-size worth of onion and add that
>add salt
>Dice half a bulb of garlic and add that
>add whatever else, green onion, hot pepper, bell pepper, whatever's lying around
>crack a few eggs into it and mix it all up
>grind some black pepper into it
>cut heat off and wait for residual heat to get the eggs opaque
Usually save half for lunch.

Do you ever use any other spices in your food?

Sure. But that's just been my cheap quick and easy default lately. If I got my gardin in on time I'd probably be doing things like basil and tomato some days, for instance, or some rosemary. I like dillweed in my tuna salad. Bunch of other stuff goes in soups.

Fun fact: cloves are a topical anesthetic at sufficient concentration. My tongue went numb one time when I put too much in my soup, and it turned out that rubbing the soup into my arm made my arm go numb. lol.

Explain what you did how long etc

Comfy cooking thread.

Attached: 01DE8846-5D35-4841-B814-4283B1369D44.jpg (300x300, 10K)

>Garlic is better. I've ended 2 huge tooth abcess infections in a Few days, with no antibiotics. Romans and Egyptians took it

Thank you so much for this post, you have ended my irrational lifelong fear of dying from an unnoticeable abscess that can squish your brain. It sounds dumb, but I've now heard 4 stories from people I know who have told me their relatives died from deep tooth infections.

wait you can die from that? how?

When the happening happens, crush up some garlic with baking soda and use that paste when bandaging wounds.

So femcels and discord trannies are trying to get Jow Forumslacks to eat so many onions it ruins their social lives.

You already tried this operation last year and it failed.

Onions milk is good for you.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a man of fine taste.

Would post the champagne salute pic but I'm on phone and it doesn't have any memes.

Also, do you know of any Indian spices?

Dude, bitches hate onions.

Trannies -- I don't know, since I'm not one and neither I'm interested in one.

i used to not eat onions, didnt like them, until my cousin i lived with him and myu uncle for a while. and he would cook a hamburger up and fry onions in teh grease to go wtih it. i was like wtf mate, he was ilke try them theyre good. so i was like ok.
and it was awesome, some mayonaisse some salt some cheese hamburger fried onions
fuuuuuuccckkk

I haven't dabbled much with them, but I like the food and would like to experiment further. Don't have the budget for it at the moment (most things are the grocery store are not very potent) but I some people in my family from in and around that part of the world I take ideas from.

Attached: FF5545D4-D590-462E-B613-EE177A1B4198.jpg (450x450, 50K)

Yeah the thing with onions is you can go anywhere from raw to stewed into much, and there are different kinds of onions to try. So there's a lot of room to figure out what you like. I say use your nose: when it fills the house with a smell that makes you hungry, then it's probably something you're going to be happy to eat.

sweet onions is what was good fried. yellow onions whatever.
red onions are pretty good raw like from a hardees hamburger

>mfw

Attached: onionmerchant.png (322x468, 249K)

Jah. And what I found by accident is that if your onions get old enough to start sprouting, the greens are really tasty. Almost like shallots or chives without having to pay for them.

i perfected my hamburger recipe tho.
mayo and a slice of this block of cheese i got it was called fields cheese. more dryer than some american sliced pack cheese. as thick as i want it. fried sweet onions. add worcheshire sauce over the hamburger as its cooking. mayo on the bread, and there are 3 ingredients been a while since i cookeed this but, in a shaker of seasoned salt. dont get any msg but theres like maybe its paprika? and garlic and maybe onion salt idk. just look on the back of a shaker of season salt at the store and see and get the ingredients from it. little of all that on the hamburger and some salt. .oh yea. then also fry some chopped up into fry sahped potatoes in some olive or sunflower oil on top of the stove in a frying pan. add some non-hfcs ketchup. oh yea. also instead of mayo u can try ketchup mustard. its pretty goodl, and not as generic as fuck and shitty tasting like from macdonalds

In India since it's regular food, they sell here for like ₹20-50, depending on the nature of spice. But I understand if the same spices are expensive in US since they get exported all the way to the other part of the world.

kek

How much mayo per burger? I've never heard of that before.

When making actual hamburgers, I find maybe one egg per 4 patties give or take wakes things up. Also letting it marinate in whiskey for a bit makes for a clever flavor combination.

with butter...

u never heard of mayo on burgers? ??? wtf

Attached: wtf.gif (498x254, 636K)

Don't put too much or it ruins the taste. Just apply on one bun.

On or in? I've heard of on, but the way you wrote that made it seem like you were suggesting to mix it into the patties, and I've never really considered cooking mayo.

no put it on the bread with your hambuger. do u not know what a hamburger is?

official guide for boosting your test through nutrition

Attached: 1546702374441.jpg (1456x2048, 308K)

Anyone loves Onion Rings?

Attached: onion_rings_8.jpg (1000x662, 807K)

Onions and garlic destroy your brain

Women can douche with a garlic solution to deal with some STDs. I forget the recipe for this and which ones it works on. Men are not so lucky.

the person who drew that celery icon has never seen celery in his life.
celery does not look like that.

>avoid: beer
aaannnd ignored.
gay chart for homo soibois. beer is a mans' drink, everyone knows that. they just need to stop using hops and go back to very old recipes.
i accept that "craft" beer and IPAs will make you a gay girly boi with a beard and glasses however.

Attached: 1460257305050.gif (270x188, 1.99M)

Look at this sideways irish flag, he just cant shut up about potatoes

Yeah, but usually they are served with too much batter, all greasy grossy, and with the onion so limp that it pulls right out of the batter casing like a shoelace. And then you're stuck with onion hanging out of your mouth and moving on to eating deep fried batter by itself.

can confirm garlic is amazing
you can stop any toothache in minutes by biting into raw garlic and munching on it for a while
it stings and makes your eyes water for a while, but it works and no need for dentist

this

For those who do this (good idea to do daily anyway), an alcoholic beverage will wash out the burn from the mouth all the way down to the stomach.

However, vinegar would be the healthier choice, and if you're in to taking a daily swig of apple cider vinegar, this might be a good opportunity to do that.

You don't make them yourself?

P.S. WTF kinda captcha is this?

Attached: DRKh7441PLuhEkm35G1o4OcYL8SDH28k.png (401x579, 266K)

That's the smell of test anyway. The people getting away from you are those that cower at your extremely masculine scent. Keep at it.

I've never had a toothache myself but my dad used to use cloves in the same manner whenever he used to have any toothaches.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_spices

Never been all that much for deep frying. It can be fun to do as an event with friends because you can try deep frying all kinds of things, but it's a lot of time and effort for a whole lot of grease.

I can only tell you from my own experience, if you cook them yourself in a clean oil and let them sit on oven grills for a while, they don't turn out to be soggy at all. Once you are get a hang of it, they'll always come out super crispy and not greasy at all.

Raw or make a tonic. I used to boost my immune system when I felt a cold coming on by stock simmering garlic, onion, chilli peppers, ginger etc.

Yea it was 102 degrees today and I noticed my sweat smelled like onions.

Garlic and onion are the first two crop I'm going to try growing. Always need onion and garlic

They are bulbs. Plant in the fall like e.g. daffodils. If you've ever tasted a home-grown tomato vs. a store-bought one, get ready for a similar effect.

cloves are milder, but yes they would work

to me, I think the burn is necessary, that is what instakills any bad bacteria on your teeth

vinegar can work, but you should rinse your mouth with water after, the acid will eat away at your teeth over time if you just leave it

You gotta get the onions in there first to caramelize over medium heat. It brings out the sweetness from the sugar in the onion and gives it more depth
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks
t. Total growlette

I found that it would often make the sphincter at the bottom of my esophagus spasm and cause general discomfort if I didn't wash it out afterward. And yes, water rinse always a good idea after eating anything.

I like raw garlic anyway, tho. I put it in my tuna salad for extra kick.

Attached: 1494272411907.jpg (1236x4000, 1.75M)

Attached: 1533535341982.png (640x640, 44K)

they're also really easy to grow, you can grow them on a windowsill without much dirt

Wait, the Ancient Greeks censored soi?
Dropped.

Burgers really are the gateway drug for onions. I've seen several people realise the greatness through the burger.

I would like to add that simmering connective tissue (chicken feet, shark fin, pig feet, pig ears, whatever else) until you get a gelatin out of it should be a key part of any workout diet. Collagen forms the structural basis for tissue repair, whether it's skin, muscle, connective tissue, bone, or pretty well anything else.

That's one of the reasons why I chose them as my first crop. I'm thinking about getting a bunch of 10" buckets and planting by this fall when my compost has hopefully broken down more. I love root vegetables so I can't wait to dig into some homegrown stuff. I can already taste them drenched in extra virgin olive oil and vinegar. Mama mia!

Based and chequed. I always keep a bag of bones in the freezer. That's what I'm using to break this water fast. Best shit to use to add flavor to soups, stews, chilis, or sauces too

Root vegetables have a way of taking up a lot of real estate. I mean, I can go through a 5lb sack of onions or potatoes in a week or two easy depending on what I'm doing. But getting started and learning your way around it is the important part. Good call on the compost.

Absolutely. And you can freeze gelatin for use later on, and you can also skim the fat off the top when it cools for further cooking use.

>I can go through a 5lb sack of onions or potatoes in a week or two easy
Same. I think onions and garlic are the things I go through the most because they can usually go into most dishes and they bring so much flavor. Vegetables are your best friends when you know how to apply them

Onions and potatoes (and I guess garlic, too) are also some of the least expensive things in the store. Obviously, if you have a setup to grow enough of a supply on your own then that's a good gig, or if you're doing it to get a higher quality product. But for me, as somebody on a budget, I get more out of growing the things that tend to be expensive at the store.

I like zucchini squash a lot (pls good zinc etc), and it turns out the stuff grows like madness. You can just about throw seeds across the yard and come back later. And yet somehow it's so expensive at the store.

True, true. The same thing goes for basil. I see little boxes that sell for like $8. It isn't even enough for a decent pesto. That's why I have like six different herb plants. They're so low maintenance that it's worth the trouble having especially when you use as many herbs as I do. The squash idea is good even though I'm not the biggest fan of them. I usually get my zinc, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, etc. from pumpkin seeds. If I had the space though, I'd grow better stuff but I'm also a noob so I want to stick to easy stuff at first. I think stuff like broccoli or kale would be great to grow knowing it wasn't grown with pesticides, herbicides, etc.

A few years ago somebody tossed a small pumpkin onto the gravel next to some train tracks where I walk by. If you've ever seen train tracks, you know they spray god knows what along them to keep the weeds down. It's just at total dead zone.

So it starts rotting and melting into the gravel and then all of a sudden it does what fruits do and the seeds start growing and using the fruit as fuel. It was fascinating to watch how hard that thing tried to grow and hung on for so long despite it going into the middle of hot blazing summer with not much in the way of rain. Plants are pretty cool.

Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower also take up a lot of real estate like root plants. Kale and leafy things like that are pretty alright because you can keep harvesting them and they grow back fast. Like basil in that regard.

It's true. Think of all the ingenious ways they've developed to propagate themselves. Fruits, thorns to get caught and carried, little sails, they're pretty based. A lot of green vegetables even make their own pesticides. I think for me my favorites have to be onions, garlic, cabbage, and broccoli. I could eat that stuff all day cooked or raw especially with a nice hunk of meat

I come half from farmers, so I remember how it goes with having to space out stuff like broccoli and cabbage and how fuckhuge the fields were in order to turn a profit. And I also remember the smell of all the sprays and poisons they used all over the place to keep the weeds away. It's a fun adventure to try to DIY and find out what works.

I found out turnips grow really well where I live, and that turnip greens are great. But the first time I tried I didn't really know what to expect and by the time I pulled them out they were like half the size of basketballs and all mealy and gross. Don't really know why my carrots come out so tiny after all that waiting, but they're also about the cheapest thing in the store so I don't see a need to bother with them.

>It's a fun adventure to try to DIY and find out what works.
That's what I'm after, mostly. It's nice to have the knowledge and gain experience and have fun along the way.

How do you deal with pests and fungi? And nutrition? I got a gallon of some cheap minerals at Home Depot because my basil plant was turning pale from iron deficiency. Do you think your carrots might have been lacking in certain minerals?

REDPILL ME ON ONIONS

Surprisingly, I haven't had problems with pests and fungi. I have had problems with local animals mowing my garden, and I've found fencing and an animal trap from home depot to be pretty effective. I have more problems with weeds than animals. Every place is different, though. My mom has a terrible time with slugs.

Compost, a little bit of bog standard fertilizer (after things catch and are ready to really get going), and crop rotation have been doing pretty good so far. I don't burn wood myself, but I have a source of wood ash and that's a good way to put minerals back in the soil so you can eat them.

I'm probably missing one weird trick on the carrots, but, like I said, it's just not a priority for me. They obviously were eating themselves to stay alive for some reason, and the greens were green but not thriving.

>wood ash
Based. I was going to make some of that but mommy will take away my tendies if I play with fire. I've only recently started throwing used coffee grounds into my herbs for fertilizer so I have yet to see results but I hear it's pretty decent.

Have you gotten into cover crops at all? Do you till? I got really into cover crops and would binge on Gabe Brown videos a few months ago. It seems like such a neat way to control pests and fungi without toasting your plants with chemicals. Plus it helps with water retention in the soil so you have to water less.

My mommy throws coffee grinds into the compost pile. Wood ash can also go into the compost pile if you have a wood burning stove or fireplace. Wood: a very good idea for heating if the happening happens. What could be more renewable and green?

I till with boxing wraps on my hands because it's with a trowel and I ain't got time for wrist injuries. My idea of a cover crop is some day buying some rolls of that black mesh stuff that lets the water in but keeps the weeds from popping up where you weren't planing things. But for now I'm still trying to rout this fucking viney shit and these damn nigger things where if you leave a piece of root the size of a nail clipping then by the time it pops up it's already about a foot down into the rock and clay. At least the worms like my fluffy soil after I have to dig it up like that. You know you're doing something right when there are worms errywhere.

yeah

Attached: spongebob.jpg (748x448, 61K)

Check out journeytoforever. org if you are interested in growing your vegetables.

Been making this meal for a couple years now and it's amazing. Easy to switch up a few ingredients to keep things interesting. Normies always scoff at eating the same meal daily but food is about survival not enjoyment.

Worms are always good and dude that shit is so cheap. I got some at the dollar store last time I went. I'd use wood but I'm a Cali fag and for obvious reasons people freak out over fire here. Mulch or wood bark would also do the same thing as that black net. That's what I uses and not even clover grows

Past two weeks I've been cubing some pork cuts instead of ground beef because that was on crazy sale. Half a pat of butter first because it's a lean cut. Doesn't get old for me. You can switch up the order of ingredients if you want something more fried or less fried. I used to put the garlic in early for toasting it and getting it in to the cooking fat/oil, but then I decided I liked it more raw.

It's about the most enjoyable thing I eat all day. Just takes some patience to work out what you like. Could probably throw some sliced up bacon in there instead of butter.

I'll check it out pham

>tfw landlord stops leaving out bags of grass clippings you can use for compost/cover
>and then his crew dumps rocks all over your tiny compost pile you got started and now the weeds growing there are like nuclear weeds
fml

how the FUCK did this make me laugh

and here it is again
the thread that inspired the most asinine text filter on Jow Forums

Lmao. Good luck getting those rocks out. You can always just pass the compost through a sieve too. Try some cardboard too if you can't get the net or mulch

>wet smelly rotting moldy cardboard leaching god knows what chemicals and god knows what pests into my garden
I'll pass on that one. But I've got a decent foot of topsoil going now. Rocks got shoahed on year one and used for drainage management in my growing buckets
>tfw yard crew takes your buckets
>okay I guess the needed to install a new sidewalk and rearrange the landscaping
>find them in the shed
>they're just full of dirt
yard crew, what are you doing?

Do you just eat that like in a bowl? By itself? Sounds interesting, I might try it tomorrow.

How do you know it's done/not undercooked? What's the avg time it usually cooks for? Or is that not really an issue

kippered herring steaks. 16 grams of protein, 35% of your vitamin D (vitamin D, zinc and B12 are important for testosterone) I just ate two of them. They keep for about 18 months.

basedbeans