I am going to put truck drivers out of business

I am running a startup in AI that deals with self-driving automated trucks. We work directly with Google/Waymo. We are moving to trucks in about 6 months (undisclosed) for general testing.

We recently just hired some methed-up toothless truck drivers as contracts. I legit laugh my ass off when they come in with plaid t-shirts (it's a company retards, not a farmers market haha). They all looked like they hadn't slept at all and looked so messed up. I asked them to drive some cargo around and the stupid retards couldn't even get the beta test right. Anyways, we got these low IQ apes working properly. We are now hammering out the first beta tests and plan on putting them all out of work. They have zero idea what is coming and I celebrate with glee when I know these hazardous men will no longer terrorize our roads. I tell them they are safe on the job though, but I am working extra hard to put them out of business! I give them free lattes and kale as a gift but they don't seem to like it much. Oh well - they will be fired soon.

What is pols opinion on self driving trucks?

Attached: Can-Truckers-Use-Cell-Phones-e1516293729832.jpg (500x334, 21K)

Same as our opinion on trolls. Kys faggot.

I hope you get made illegal im not driving next to a fucking robot. yes im bigoted against robots fucking nigger-tier algorithms fuck off my lawn this is meatsack neighborhood yer treading on unfriendly ground, bolts buddy

also stem cell research and genetic engineering of human embryos should be made legal immediately. fuck moralfags, christians, lobbyists, and the chinese

no occifer im not drunk

Driverless trucks are a great opportunity for Jews to sue the everloving fuck out of every company involved with them.

You cunt shitheads pushing this pathetic so called AI algo to do self driving shit ain't gona see that light of day for another two decades.

Dumb cunts like you are the problem. Imagine several million people, majority military aged males out of work in a few months. Yea, exactly that's why your dumbass ideas will get canned and shut down for a while.

>imma make ai goys

lol good luck faggot.

well.. thanks for making the case for robot truckers, i guess?

that doesnt really help much. anyways, i will take that as a yes!

I'd love to see an AI truck back up a trailer.
Truck drivers aren't going anywhere for decades.

nah, thats not how it works.

I am ok with these men out of work. As long as they are off the streets. They kill too many people. We need to get rid of them asap. You will have to find a different trade, like coding or maybe something with airplanes

Hey goys! Great news, I'm on the cusp of delivering legit AI. FART

uhh... thats it? Thats what you consider special? Thats pretty easy. Kinda scared that you guys think that's the hard part. The hard part is spot differential and mechanization trends with weather patterns. But yeah thats easy.

Muh driverless vehicles. Let me know when they can successfully merge onto a highway.

AI is such a meme.

Op is a butthurt nigger. Kys monkey.

Attached: main-qimg-bcec921c0f350d45016403418239c113.jpg (480x558, 64K)

we do that already user. I'm legit surprised that you guys are throwing examples and you think it's a big deal. We've been able to do this

we are trying to reduce deaths. most truckers dont sleep and use drugs and kill people. so you should thank us.

>a startup
You're literally competing with BigN in this realm
Good luck baiting faggot

I've looked at the numbers and the numbers say we lost 4,000,000 manufacturing jobs in the midwest. Self-driving truck technology is rapidly becoming sophisticated enough to replace these drivers, and the economy is not prepared to absorb the loss of so many jobs. Truck drivers are 94% male, average age 49.

Attached: 220px-Andrew_Yang_talking_about_urban_entrepreneurship_at_Techonomy_Conference_2015_in_Detroit,_MI_( (220x316, 17K)

Check out the larp on thus one.

Again with this thread fag

You’re extremely out of touch if you think the general public will accept driverless 20 ton death machine sharing the road with them. As soon as the first fatality occurs the lawyers will be licking their chops to sue your company out of existence with public support behind them. But it isn’t your job to think about these things since you’re just a code monkey.

Nice copy pasta nigger

Attached: 1558920180743.jpg (410x615, 128K)

>we do that already
Only because it's a huge fucking truck and everyone is going to get the fuck out of the way driver or not.

All truckers are DOT drug tested and can't drive over 12hrs at a time, nigger.

24yo trucker here im willing to bet my eternal soul my job doesn't get automated in my lifetime

>show me on the doll where the truck driver touched you.

Get ready for mass suicides

Jobless truckers

When it snows in the Rockies truck need to use tire chains.Who's going to install and remove them?

Every 90 minutes a flat bed truck driver is required to stop and inspect the cargo - check the tension of the straps, etc Who's gonna do that?

If a coating of ice covers the cameras and sensors who will scrape the ice off?

Attached: D1doH8xX0AAwtaA.jpg (500x499, 56K)

Hi i'm a computer hacking autist who can't wait for this to happen so I can cause chaos by crashing your self driving vehicles with no survivors

You’ve got a decade left, tops.

>I am running a startup in AI that deals with self-driving automated trucks
Can't tell if troll or capitalist vulture. If latter then wait until one of your self-driving rigs wrecks and harms somebody. Your ass will be sued into oblivion.

Attached: Fuck off .jpg (293x165, 13K)

You're a moron if you think unmanned robot trucks will be on the road in your lifetime. Look at trains.

Why are you shilling trying to make Jow Forums think we're not pro automation? No one gives a shit about shitty truck driving jobs.
It's already being automated on long haul routes.

As an AI guy. No, it is not going to happen as driving is far to complicated for current computer technology.

Way to many spacial and interference vectors to handle and if the computer system fails at one of these vectors it can cost human lives.

Computer assisted driving is more manageable and what my company is working on. That is the real future.

I am ok with this. We need to get them off the roads. They are too dangerous.

I do not know what you are talking about

They said this about the invention of cars. Thats what the horse carriage people said. Do you want to be on the wrong side of history?

nah, I actually typed it. But nice insult.

No, its just common sense. Seriously, your job is not that special.

These truck drivers smelled of nail polish and wore plaid button down shirts. Thats enough to cause suspicion.

It will be gone in 5 years. Guaranteed

CDL B paratransit bus driver - drove 16 hours at a stretch once. The carrier does the logs for us and how they love to lie.

nigger google maps can't even be accurately updated for current roads half the time, what makes you think you can get fine detail self driving down

automated trucks will run with a convoy. 1 driver being followed by a few self drivers.
that one driver will obviously have to do all the inspecting for the other trucks. and most likely for the same amount of money he got for driving one truck.

What's stopping neo-luddite gang from spray painting your truck censors?

>be a nog
>stop a self driving truck simply by standing in front of it
>rob it
>let it go on it’s merry way

are you going to work with mcleod or tmw?

also how do you account for the cost of fuel?

I am ok with this :)

The ai takes care of this already by changing the pressure of the tires and cargo. Again, this is easy mate

no, we want to save lives

not how it works

Do you know what a car is?

You never know

You must work on the data portion. I am working on the algos with waymo and let me tell you, there are 5, maybe 10 years, tops. You are seriously out of the loop my friend. Have you not done your arxiv research?

Will he be called a trucker or truck conductor?

Attached: wujy67902og11.jpg (640x879, 57K)

Hi, you communist faggot.

I sure hope you are not going to be doing this as we are headed into another AI Winter.

Trying to replace organic, multi-functional, non-linear, grade oriented computing (brains) with simple binary number crunching without proper future processing capabilities or initiative abilities is doomed to failure.

A synergistic conductor

Hello you tree sugar

you understanding of AI is severely limited. this is not a chatbot from the 70s friend. Its way beyond "binary linear". Lol wtf does that even mean haha

Destroying jobs is A-OK.

It creating wealth that we are after, creating jobs is just a side effect.

If all work could be eliminated, it should be.

Lies. Self-driving automobiles won't exist until true AIs are developed. 2075 earliest.

Lol, can't wait for the beta version getting stuck because it can't hop curves.

>military aged males
Is this a more meaningless buzzword then this?

Sage this gay shit

I don't though
I want everyone as miserable as me
I'm a computer hacking autist

>It will be gone in 5 years. Guaranteed

Kek. Another coast dwelling techno fag that has no idea how the world really works. Go on and play with your remote controlled toys in the Nevada desert.

I hope some Union good ol boys cut your tires, pour sand into your trucks oil and fuel filters and slash the tires of the cars of the dudes you send to repair them. I doubt the police will waste resources on your case too, just vandalism after all, at least no one got hurt :^)

Attached: B22AC970-57F9-441C-BC35-77A7CDEDD850.jpg (710x1050, 403K)

>automated trucks will run with a convoy. 1 driver being followed by a few self drivers.

>1 man will controll 700 feet of trucks on public roadways

Doubt.jpg

Terrible bait. How long did it take you to write this shit?

haha...ha..hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. how cute.

That beta version pulls data from your smartphones, ya know, the one that you use google for. Oh yeah, all that data from search/maps, ya know, since google was born. Idiot.

oh, I misread your comment. I agree then. I am right there with you user. Don't worry, singularity is coming soon. That will save everything

fake & gay
AI trucks are possible but no way can a faggot as much as OP exist

>I am going to

Attached: doitus4.jpg (600x613, 35K)

Still haven't address the fact the trucks must hop curves and break driving rules to operate.

Oh i forgot, ya know how you solve those captchas before making a Jow Forums post? yes, you know those? thanks bitch for that sweet street training data :)

unions are for fags that dont know how to negotiate like men. if you need other men to negotiate for you, you are weak

You would like that wouldn’t you Ben Shapiro?

They aren't even trying anymore. It's as if they read an infograph on how to post.

Attached: 1553285711340.jpg (600x735, 99K)

you dont understand, so let me put this in a way your meth iq will understand. we dont need you anymore. the data is enough

Which is completely irrelevant to my point about rule breaking.

I'm a techy myself and I laugh at retarded fags that have to work low end jobs like that. Must suck having a shit brain lol

I am in tech you dumb fuck. The data is not the fucking granular to notice a truck hops a curve on a gps marker.

Why are you even here again? Don't you have a big black cock to suck?

>I'm a techy myself

How many people do you share your apartment with?

Lol kill yourself faggot, the reps are your first warning, you dont want us to take things into our own hands

So in a convoy of 5 trucks you expect a single driver to install 20 tire chains, which weigh 75 to 95 pounds each.
OK. Let's see how that works out.

I make $110,000 a year at 26, so none

Dumb faggot op doesnt even know the self-driving meme has been put in an early grave already.
Bad showing OP, consider sudoku.

Also what is the cost basis on these things. How much more expensive will they cost to run? How will they refuel on long trips etc.

I am Ben Shapiro and no one will believe this.

Haha i know right. These fucking idiots are so stupid. Fucking fags

You still dont get it. Think - why does a person need to break the rules? Put the meth pipe down.

What specifically do you do in tech and data? Go on, tell me your lies.

user didn't say "binary linear". Binary computation is capable of nonlinear processing and decision making. However, it thus far is only good with circumstances it has been trained on and cannot improvise in "black swan" situations.

What that means is that you are working within only a limited number of states when determining operations.

This anything outside the bounds of that information cannot be applied to the AI calculations while in multi-state, non-linear functions you are capable of operating outside the programmed bounds.

In other words, AIs work in straight lines and brains are wave-functions of possible events.

I worked on the predecessor program for AlphaGo and we just applied basic pattern recognition systems with the improved ability to access memory and allowed the computer to 'figure out' the best directions to form these patterns, like slime mold seeking food.

Driving is several orders of magnitude beyond that as the average driver performs over an exaflop of spacial and experienced based computations when the most cutting edge of systems we have hit 122 petaflops.

You would need a computer the size of the trailer a truck is hauling to compete with organic computing when it comes to driving.

>not making at least $400k at age 26
Why even live

Son, you couldn’t solve simple engineering vector problems let alone engineer fuck all. Since you are around rigs what would be a problem with a diesel idling without load. Simple problem you won’t be able to answer.
Shut the fuck up, brainlet.

Self driving vehicles are a meme and will never be widespread in our lifetimes. Not even getting into the philosophical questions like "should a car kill its one inhabitant to avoid killing a group of pedestrians," these cars can't function in the most basic of circumstances. What happens when a construction worker is directing traffic and directs you to drive up the wrong side of the road? What happens when the church parking lot is full and you need to park in the grass field behind it? If the answer to every edge case is "the driver will take over" then that's not a self driving car; it's a car with autopilot for ordinary stuff like highway driving. A nice feature, yes, but not one that will put millions of people out of work, nor free up millions of people to be able to do productive things during their commute or errands.

haha you fucking liar. you are still my bitch though. enjoy your software engineering

you aint gonna do shit. we have safety features that will shut it down instantly

google was created for this. you are so naive

you still dont get it friend (well, foe really). think like a google CEO

You don’t make even 110.00 a week, kid.

I fully support what you are doing. If we ever get a shot at putting people on the streets it's going to be this. Single largest group of mostly whites with nothing to do and nothing to lose.

Bro just stfu u sound so retarded all of that can be automated with heating elements and sensors. You must be a boomer to not understand that. Hopefully trucker fags like you will deliver pizza b4 that gets automated too or else you might start coming after my neetbux. Which I need to maintain my coke habit.

#HumboldtStrong

>why does a person need to break the rules?
streets are too narrow you dumb fuck.

I work in Fintech making the real time kernals.

>think like a google CEO
So waste a bunch of money on useless shit that never turns a profit and piggyback off Android, Google, Youtube and gmail. Gotcha.

>>Thinks 110k is a good amount of money at 26

>>Made 350k at age 25

You're such a nigger

WAYMO IS COMPLETE GARBAGE. KYS.

“I’ll put a heating element on rubber tires that roll on hard surface”
Son, you are the fucking idiot.

OP is a cock gobbling faggot but real AI trucks wont be hitting the US highways anytime soon. Id imagine a shithole like china might experiment some but the insurance costs alone would kill the operation in America for many years to come.

Attached: 1449707232263.gif (270x199, 198K)

Anyways your only going to put pin to pin highway drivers out of business. They are all shitskin anyways

Tell ur mom if she doesn't take her metronidazole I'm not fucking her again because her snatch fucking stinks

P.S. She has pretty good bewbies for a woman of her age

I hope you get raped by a convoy of truckers Faggot!

>you are so naive
Says the low iq coffeeguy thinking he has job security.
Let me reiterate, suicide is painless.

a separate infrastructure would have to be built for them

its possible but we lack the political will for any major infrastructure project

you are serverly stupid. This is not an input/output situation. The algos we have trained from Deepmind are being used for further testing. The ones that can take any data and train, meaning, we dont even need live data. Just data from what we have over 20 years. Real data helps, but its game over dude

You fucking idiot. I work for Deepmind. That is NOT how it was done. Nice larp fag. Show timestamp/proof. "Basic pattern recognition with improved memory" such fucking horseshit you fucking liar.

You can use all the buzzwords that you want for your larp, but that is so far off on how the algos work, it's pretty awful. Maybe the next user can try.

DURRRRR VECTOR PROBLEMS
kys and go back to calc 1

>LARPing this hard
Juan, it must be nice to live off of on someone else's hard work.

Attached: stop it.gif (480x358, 3.26M)

10-15 minutes for singles. 30 minutes for triple rail. drive a bit. Stop ~10 minutes to retighten.

Oh.. You want numbers for more than 1 axle?

Attached: gitsoct.webm (640x480, 2.54M)

OP is not wrong. When I worked at UPS they were test driving a new AI powered volvo truck. Big corporations are pushing for 5G towers everywhere to help facilitate this too.

It's only a matter a time, remember the movie Logan? Did you spot anything weird in that movie?

>shut it down

Lol the only shutting down you’re gonna do is on the vibrator up your ass from being such a giant faggot, you’re in for a rough awakening you homo, I’ve already personally fucked with cunts who thought they could over me and my unionmembers rights with maximum effect. I’m not even a trucker but I’ll give the teamsters a hand of this pipe dream ever comes to fruition

You still haven't address my point at all how you are going to handle the rule breaking necessary to navigate the real world's infrastructure. The data you have from phones is relatively useless except for routing as well.