Buying wood in 2019

>Buying wood in 2019

Attached: h5si0p2v0pt01.jpg (746x733, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

csengineermag.com/article/wood-frame-construction-advantageous-in-areas-prone-to-seismic-activity/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(((wood)))

Uhuhuh you said

Attached: 1559280238285.jpg (525x809, 131K)

>provides food and nest for (((terminates))).

>falling for the wood buying Jew
Not likely

Attached: image.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Wood doesn't last either way, only stone structures will stand the test of time

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 10.35.24.png (235x299, 95K)

What is responsible for the change? Are these the same species?

If that wood were really from 1918 it would be noticed half an inch thicker, as 2x4 wood from 1964 on is actually 1.5x3.5

Redpill me on wood

Plenty of wooden structures from the late 1800's

Buy the pre-1918 house user. Even multi-million$$$ mansions built lately are absolute shit.

Attached: 12-45ChurchSt.jpg (921x612, 72K)

Old growth hardwood vs new growth pine.

Younger trees from a farm.

I'm pretty sure the 1918 lumber is old growth, the current one is young and shitty.

They usually give you a bit extra to cut off anyways. But if you want good quality just buy better wood. Or cut it yourself.

>old growth status
It's a board from a 20-year-old tree compared to one from a 65 year old one.

year rings the top is younger

doesn't matter for walls and joists/beams/posts are all either built up or engineered. LVL beams are stronger than old growth douglas fir.

ive got a few old growth boards lying around, didnt know they were worth that much

Attached: have_A_u.jpg (242x405, 33K)

softwood vs hardwood. Pine grows faster so the rings are spaced further apart and is less dense

Attached: 1560235805822.jpg (640x634, 103K)

>not using wood to make frames for pouring the cement

>oak vs pine

stop posting this fake shit...

>comparing two different types of trees
>not realizing that in modern day trees are grown specifically for a purpose so they grow much faster too

Nothing stands the test of time. But I understand that Mutts don't have the historical horizon to understand that, living in a country that young.

Germany didn’t become a country until 1871.

Can someone post some pictures of old growth desert ironwood next to some young growth pine and talk about wood is different based on environmental conditions?

Both of these are ponderosa pine from the same year.

Attached: 20190611_222143-2241x3984.jpg (2241x3984, 1.44M)

OP only likes "dark wood"

Just be sure the roof, foundation, plumbing and wiring are all good. Sellers will almost always skimp on those to save a buck.

Attached: explosion notre dame.png (486x360, 362K)

POST INSTORE WOOD PRICES

Attached: 6AE814D0-8D8F-483F-8E04-A7C7FA69265A.jpg (4032x3024, 3.24M)

Does this somehow affect properties that are relevant for construction?

Labs and pits are the same species. Pines and oak are not. Blacks and whites aren't either. Jews are reptilian aliens that you can only truly see with a special pair of glasses.

When will you cunts bring down the construction-company mafia and start building your homes with some fucking concrete. You know, the stuff that can withstand a hurricane and niggers.

The bottom one is from an old growth trees and is actually worse. When you thin out a forest the trees that remain will grow larger and stronger.

All wood is like that, they are 2x4 when they cut them and they strink down when they dry out.

>fucking concrete

Cuckcrete is garbage.

Disgusting that you'd sell your soul to the construction jew to appear like you're one of them. White men live frugally and only spend money where its necessary, like his own children. Your sophomoric, selfish ideas of fleeting luxury are our destruction as a people. 14

Tropical hardwood and pine

Attached: 20190611_222641-2241x3984.jpg (2241x3984, 1.4M)

That's nice but the barn doors kill it :( Can't you put something nicer damnit ?

>Pouring the Cement
Tradelet detected

No...

How much does big wood pay you?

Ponderosa Pine and tropical walnut

Attached: 20190611_222804-2241x3984.jpg (2241x3984, 1.49M)

Here we build our houses out of leaves. Rake it into a garbage bag and you've got a trailer !

Go buy a 2x4 grabber and measure it. It's 3.5.

Is that gidgee or mango

In the 60s it became common practice to plane the wood to give it a more consistent size and shape. The shrinkage from drying it is minimal.

Hey, retard. California has to build homes with wood because stone or brick homes collapse easily and kills it's occupants

Attached: Screenshot_20190611-094324.png (2048x964, 1.16M)

ur mum bought my wood last night fagit

no u fucking no. the'yre both pine. the one with more rings had more years.

>limited options when buying a new TV
>pain in the ass to plug in a new device
>poor airflow

Cabinets are no good.

Depends if its sap or heart Wood. But for simple construction no not really

No shit, but it will never look like a hardwood. My pine is pretty dry and it's not gonna change much more. Just depends on it's age during harvest and how much environmental pressure has been put on it during ts life. Unfavorable envionments will yeild denser woods no matter the species due to the lack of summer soft wood that the tree fails to put on. 2x4 is dried and tested to a certain grade of strength so they grow it a certain way to yeild profits. If it's too weak it won't pass inspection and won't be sold as construction grade lumber.

ITT

Attached: vzYZZyW.jpg (1242x1850, 341K)

This

>ironwood
is it really made of iron?
does it witstand fires or termites any better?

lel
finally an appropriate thread for that pic

Attached: 1324277880279.jpg (541x697, 79K)

What the fuck are you even talking about? It’s a big ass cabinet. Don’t put too much thought into this.

Wrong. They use wood because every few years a wildfire will break out in a distant location, they can torch it (Jewish Lightning) and build bigger with the insurance profit.

Can you imagine being that guy, you walk into his office and he's got a piece of fine wood with a plaque on it stating what stupid tree it's from. While he sits there with his monocle, hmmm yes this is fine wood indeed yes it will make a wonderful shelf. I'm gonna right a 7,000 page book on the wonders of 2by4s

It burns turbo hot once it gets going.

and start an apocalyptic apoplectic panic?

Not the same kind of wood
No two cent 4 u

what a stupid fucking picture

Nigger. Earthquakes will not destroy a wooden home like stone or bricks

Honestly 2018 doesn’t even look like real wood.

so you dont use it for houses then? what do you use ironwood for then

what is your agenda.
i dont even get it.
you need to give some idea of what your doing
all i see is sage wood

Why though? I thought old growth was stronger and better.

Not true. Cinder block and steel framed homes will last far longer than any wood frame. Use wood for the interior walls if you want. Use high efficiency insulation and steel electrical wiring. Put the replaceable machinery in an easy access area. Build in a "secret" bunker with a good safe for your docs and gold bullion and guns and a couple of weeks worth of food. Make sure the air supply is filtered against biological hazards, radiological too, if you can afford it. Drill a separate well to that saferoom that leads to a deep aquifer, deeper than your neighbors use. Pipe this well to an emergency sprinkler system around your house but most especially on your home exterior. You won't have the fucking enormous curb appeal but your house will last generations for an equivalent cost. Find an English emigrant contractor. They build block homes far more often there and can do some good shit, like soundproofing your master bedroom. Get solar/geo/wind with battery that you can flip a switch and disconnect from the system and live completely independent from the energy jew. You not having a 65" amoled tv with the nicest countertops will be worth you passing to your relatives something that they can, in turn, live in and then pass to their kids.

Fuck niggers and jews and compromised jannies. Be white again, America.

That's exactly what somebody that's afraid to post instore wood prices would say. Sloppy job mossad. You're glowing so hard your eyes are green lol

see here

For basic stuff yes, but if you're wanting to build something lasting heart wood is the better choice.
Also if you're making furniture you want heart wood.
It's more resistant to insects, rot and fungus.

i wanna know more about wood and stones, i want to be able to create my own house with me own hands, like my dad before me

or a mansion

Feeling claustrophobic

Of course a Canadian would defend the construction jew.

>spotted the jew

are you implying that wood is more resistent to earthquakes than stone or bricks?

trees were a lot older in 1918 than ther today are 2018

Earthquakes are not as common as wildfires in CA. Also, you evidently didn't read the post you commented stupidly upon.

Do you remember what happened to your cities when you fucked with burgers, Hans?

you can get big oak trees for free all over. saw them into board with a chainsaw sawmill you fucking neet.

Yes. It's been proven easily when earthquakes hit Italy and their stone and brick building kill its occupants. California banned building with bricks because of it crumbling. Wood is great for earthquakes

Most of the buildings in your country are fucking 70 years old.

Give me a break, dipshit.

I can't imagine the brainletism that people think some piece of shit house from the early 1900s is a better home because the structure is still standing after decades of upkeep.

Wow and you get to enjoy that 0 insulation.

Steel

LOL he's gonna sell them at the local hardware shop for like 3$ and buy a happy meal

csengineermag.com/article/wood-frame-construction-advantageous-in-areas-prone-to-seismic-activity/

As the process for creating bamboo lumber becomes more refined and affordable it will become a widely used building material. It's strong as hell and very renewable.

Attached: Bamboo-Plywood-Edge.jpg (602x400, 94K)

You're stupid. You're literally the dumbasses shown in Idiocracy. I guess teepees would be even better than your matchstick houses. Teepees can be moved and they definitely won't collapse due to earthquakes. Teepees are the new California white man home. This is now a teepee thread.

yeah ask italy, i bet they know lotsa shit about earthquakes

now THIS is more belivable, thank you

Attached: 1560112955816.png (477x477, 83K)

Doesn't matter if they are common or not. They happen and being in a wooden built home is way safer than your faggot idea. If you don't like close to the hillside or mountains you don't need to worry about wildfires.

What I don't understand is this. What's the No1 structure in the world that has stood the test of time ? Pyramids. Fucking earthquakes, wars, migration of rivers, space aliens, cult worshippers, greasy chicken fingers, purple drank.. They haven't shifted an inch. I don't understand why in those areas they don't just build pyramidal structures, kinda sounds stable doesn't it ? Or am I missing something efficiency-wise ?

Small stuff, shelves, boxes, vampire spikes...

My Dad had a big slab of ironwood that I tried to put a nail through, couldn't do it, dulled a rotary saw blade to uselessness before it could cut through it too and that was going slow. Couldn't burn it with a cutting torch either and I have no idea about insects but that fucker was indestructable, I doubt termites would bother with it.

>csengineermag.com/article/wood-frame-construction-advantageous-in-areas-prone-to-seismic-activity/
"Over the last five years, he has been actively involved in promoting solid wood construction as a viable, sustainable alternative to concrete construction. "

I've had about enough of your retardation.