Buying wood in 2019

Jayden Taylor
Jayden Taylor

Buying wood in 2019

Attached: h5si0p2v0pt01.jpg (195 KB, 746x733)

Other urls found in this thread:

csengineermag.com/article/wood-frame-construction-advantageous-in-areas-prone-to-seismic-activity/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_2016_Central_Italy_earthquake

Adam Cook
Adam Cook

(((wood)))

Adam Nelson
Adam Nelson

Uhuhuh you said

Attached: 1559280238285.jpg (131 KB, 525x809)

Landon Torres
Landon Torres

provides food and nest for (((terminates))).

Nolan Walker
Nolan Walker

falling for the wood buying Jew
Not likely

Attached: image.jpg (10 KB, 225x225)

Julian Robinson
Julian Robinson

Wood doesn't last either way, only stone structures will stand the test of time

Ethan Brown
Ethan Brown

Attached: Screenshot-2019-06-07-at-10.35.24.png (95 KB, 235x299)

Wyatt Watson
Wyatt Watson

What is responsible for the change? Are these the same species?

Noah Reed
Noah Reed

If that wood were really from 1918 it would be noticed half an inch thicker, as 2x4 wood from 1964 on is actually 1.5x3.5

Jeremiah Roberts
Jeremiah Roberts

Redpill me on wood

Henry Clark
Henry Clark

Plenty of wooden structures from the late 1800's

Benjamin Hill
Benjamin Hill

Buy the pre-1918 house user. Even multi-million$$$ mansions built lately are absolute shit.

Attached: 12-45ChurchSt.jpg (72 KB, 921x612)

Tyler Lopez
Tyler Lopez

Old growth hardwood vs new growth pine.

Joshua Morgan
Joshua Morgan

Younger trees from a farm.

Grayson Martinez
Grayson Martinez

I'm pretty sure the 1918 lumber is old growth, the current one is young and shitty.

Colton Price
Colton Price

They usually give you a bit extra to cut off anyways. But if you want good quality just buy better wood. Or cut it yourself.

Jaxson Nelson
Jaxson Nelson

old growth status
It's a board from a 20-year-old tree compared to one from a 65 year old one.

Austin Smith
Austin Smith

year rings the top is younger

Jaxon Carter
Jaxon Carter

doesn't matter for walls and joists/beams/posts are all either built up or engineered. LVL beams are stronger than old growth douglas fir.

Austin Carter
Austin Carter

ive got a few old growth boards lying around, didnt know they were worth that much

Asher Torres
Asher Torres

Attached: have-A-u.jpg (33 KB, 242x405)

Benjamin Myers
Benjamin Myers

softwood vs hardwood. Pine grows faster so the rings are spaced further apart and is less dense

Attached: 1560235805822.jpg (103 KB, 640x634)

Aiden Thomas
Aiden Thomas

not using wood to make frames for pouring the cement

Owen Cooper
Owen Cooper

oak vs pine

Chase Thompson
Chase Thompson

stop posting this fake shit...

Kevin Butler
Kevin Butler

comparing two different types of trees
not realizing that in modern day trees are grown specifically for a purpose so they grow much faster too

Easton Gray
Easton Gray

Nothing stands the test of time. But I understand that Mutts don't have the historical horizon to understand that, living in a country that young.

Sebastian Rogers
Sebastian Rogers

Germany didn’t become a country until 1871.

Xavier Gonzalez
Xavier Gonzalez

Can someone post some pictures of old growth desert ironwood next to some young growth pine and talk about wood is different based on environmental conditions?

James Watson
James Watson

Both of these are ponderosa pine from the same year.

Attached: 20190611-222143-2241x3984.jpg (1.44 MB, 2241x3984)

Jacob Edwards
Jacob Edwards

OP only likes "dark wood"

Aaron Wood
Aaron Wood

Just be sure the roof, foundation, plumbing and wiring are all good. Sellers will almost always skimp on those to save a buck.

Attached: explosion-notre-dame.png (362 KB, 486x360)

Adam Baker
Adam Baker

POST INSTORE WOOD PRICES

Noah Brooks
Noah Brooks

Attached: 6AE814D0-8D8F-483F-8E04-A7C7FA69265A.jpg (3.24 MB, 4032x3024)

Jaxon Martin
Jaxon Martin

Does this somehow affect properties that are relevant for construction?

Blake White
Blake White

Labs and pits are the same species. Pines and oak are not. Blacks and whites aren't either. Jews are reptilian aliens that you can only truly see with a special pair of glasses.

Jordan Perry
Jordan Perry

When will you cunts bring down the construction-company mafia and start building your homes with some fucking concrete. You know, the stuff that can withstand a hurricane and niggers.

Wyatt Morgan
Wyatt Morgan

The bottom one is from an old growth trees and is actually worse. When you thin out a forest the trees that remain will grow larger and stronger.

Hunter Cruz
Hunter Cruz

All wood is like that, they are 2x4 when they cut them and they strink down when they dry out.

Joshua Carter
Joshua Carter

fucking concrete

Cuckcrete is garbage.

Aiden Gray
Aiden Gray

Disgusting that you'd sell your soul to the construction jew to appear like you're one of them. White men live frugally and only spend money where its necessary, like his own children. Your sophomoric, selfish ideas of fleeting luxury are our destruction as a people. 14

Ryder Thomas
Ryder Thomas

Tropical hardwood and pine

Attached: 20190611-222641-2241x3984.jpg (1.4 MB, 2241x3984)

Zachary Scott
Zachary Scott

That's nice but the barn doors kill it :( Can't you put something nicer damnit ?

Jacob Lee
Jacob Lee

Pouring the Cement
Tradelet detected

Carson Campbell
Carson Campbell

No...

Bentley Hill
Bentley Hill

How much does big wood pay you?

Jordan Turner
Jordan Turner

Ponderosa Pine and tropical walnut

Attached: 20190611-222804-2241x3984.jpg (1.49 MB, 2241x3984)

Luke Jones
Luke Jones

Here we build our houses out of leaves. Rake it into a garbage bag and you've got a trailer !

Ian Evans
Ian Evans

Go buy a 2x4 grabber and measure it. It's 3.5.

Angel Flores
Angel Flores

Is that gidgee or mango

Ryder Martinez
Ryder Martinez

In the 60s it became common practice to plane the wood to give it a more consistent size and shape. The shrinkage from drying it is minimal.

Ethan Gray
Ethan Gray

Hey, retard. California has to build homes with wood because stone or brick homes collapse easily and kills it's occupants

Attached: Screenshot-20190611-094324.png (1.16 MB, 2048x964)

Parker Adams
Parker Adams

ur mum bought my wood last night fagit

Justin Diaz
Justin Diaz

no u fucking no. the'yre both pine. the one with more rings had more years.

Charles Thomas
Charles Thomas

limited options when buying a new TV
pain in the ass to plug in a new device
poor airflow

Cabinets are no good.

Lincoln Fisher
Lincoln Fisher

Depends if its sap or heart Wood. But for simple construction no not really

Cooper Sanders
Cooper Sanders

No shit, but it will never look like a hardwood. My pine is pretty dry and it's not gonna change much more. Just depends on it's age during harvest and how much environmental pressure has been put on it during ts life. Unfavorable envionments will yeild denser woods no matter the species due to the lack of summer soft wood that the tree fails to put on. 2x4 is dried and tested to a certain grade of strength so they grow it a certain way to yeild profits. If it's too weak it won't pass inspection and won't be sold as construction grade lumber.

Sebastian Ross
Sebastian Ross

ITT

Attached: vzYZZyW.jpg (341 KB, 1242x1850)

Thomas King
Thomas King

This

Dylan Davis
Dylan Davis

ironwood
is it really made of iron?
does it witstand fires or termites any better?

Henry Collins
Henry Collins

lel
finally an appropriate thread for that pic

Attached: 1324277880279.jpg (79 KB, 541x697)

Oliver Anderson
Oliver Anderson

What the fuck are you even talking about? It’s a big ass cabinet. Don’t put too much thought into this.

Samuel Allen
Samuel Allen

Wrong. They use wood because every few years a wildfire will break out in a distant location, they can torch it (Jewish Lightning) and build bigger with the insurance profit.

Hunter Powell
Hunter Powell

Can you imagine being that guy, you walk into his office and he's got a piece of fine wood with a plaque on it stating what stupid tree it's from. While he sits there with his monocle, hmmm yes this is fine wood indeed yes it will make a wonderful shelf. I'm gonna right a 7,000 page book on the wonders of 2by4s

Josiah Campbell
Josiah Campbell

It burns turbo hot once it gets going.

Thomas Turner
Thomas Turner

and start an apocalyptic apoplectic panic?

Andrew Allen
Andrew Allen

Not the same kind of wood
No two cent 4 u

Charles Nguyen
Charles Nguyen

what a stupid fucking picture

Austin Rivera
Austin Rivera

Nigger. Earthquakes will not destroy a wooden home like stone or bricks

Brody Edwards
Brody Edwards

Honestly 2018 doesn’t even look like real wood.

Benjamin Foster
Benjamin Foster

so you dont use it for houses then? what do you use ironwood for then

Logan White
Logan White

what is your agenda.
i dont even get it.
you need to give some idea of what your doing
all i see is sage wood

Isaac Edwards
Isaac Edwards

Why though? I thought old growth was stronger and better.

Brandon White
Brandon White

Not true. Cinder block and steel framed homes will last far longer than any wood frame. Use wood for the interior walls if you want. Use high efficiency insulation and steel electrical wiring. Put the replaceable machinery in an easy access area. Build in a "secret" bunker with a good safe for your docs and gold bullion and guns and a couple of weeks worth of food. Make sure the air supply is filtered against biological hazards, radiological too, if you can afford it. Drill a separate well to that saferoom that leads to a deep aquifer, deeper than your neighbors use. Pipe this well to an emergency sprinkler system around your house but most especially on your home exterior. You won't have the fucking enormous curb appeal but your house will last generations for an equivalent cost. Find an English emigrant contractor. They build block homes far more often there and can do some good shit, like soundproofing your master bedroom. Get solar/geo/wind with battery that you can flip a switch and disconnect from the system and live completely independent from the energy jew. You not having a 65" amoled tv with the nicest countertops will be worth you passing to your relatives something that they can, in turn, live in and then pass to their kids.

Fuck niggers and jews and compromised jannies. Be white again, America.

Jaxson Thomas
Jaxson Thomas

That's exactly what somebody that's afraid to post instore wood prices would say. Sloppy job mossad. You're glowing so hard your eyes are green lol

Benjamin Baker
Benjamin Baker

see here

Brandon Richardson
Brandon Richardson

For basic stuff yes, but if you're wanting to build something lasting heart wood is the better choice.
Also if you're making furniture you want heart wood.
It's more resistant to insects, rot and fungus.

Elijah Brooks
Elijah Brooks

i wanna know more about wood and stones, i want to be able to create my own house with me own hands, like my dad before me

or a mansion

Kevin Harris
Kevin Harris

Feeling claustrophobic

Austin Wright
Austin Wright

Of course a Canadian would defend the construction jew.

Easton Sanchez
Easton Sanchez

spotted the jew

Juan Reyes
Juan Reyes

are you implying that wood is more resistent to earthquakes than stone or bricks?

Nolan Foster
Nolan Foster

trees were a lot older in 1918 than ther today are 2018

Brandon Fisher
Brandon Fisher

Earthquakes are not as common as wildfires in CA. Also, you evidently didn't read the post you commented stupidly upon.

John Sanchez
John Sanchez

Do you remember what happened to your cities when you fucked with burgers, Hans?

Austin Martin
Austin Martin

you can get big oak trees for free all over. saw them into board with a chainsaw sawmill you fucking neet.

Mason Reyes
Mason Reyes

Yes. It's been proven easily when earthquakes hit Italy and their stone and brick building kill its occupants. California banned building with bricks because of it crumbling. Wood is great for earthquakes

Landon Davis
Landon Davis

Most of the buildings in your country are fucking 70 years old.

Give me a break, dipshit.

Daniel Rivera
Daniel Rivera

I can't imagine the brainletism that people think some piece of shit house from the early 1900s is a better home because the structure is still standing after decades of upkeep.

Wow and you get to enjoy that 0 insulation.

Carter Young
Carter Young

Steel

Blake Phillips
Blake Phillips

LOL he's gonna sell them at the local hardware shop for like 3$ and buy a happy meal

Juan Evans
Juan Evans

csengineermag.com/article/wood-frame-construction-advantageous-in-areas-prone-to-seismic-activity/

Carter Hall
Carter Hall

As the process for creating bamboo lumber becomes more refined and affordable it will become a widely used building material. It's strong as hell and very renewable.

Attached: Bamboo-Plywood-Edge.jpg (94 KB, 602x400)

Mason Moore
Mason Moore

You're stupid. You're literally the dumbasses shown in Idiocracy. I guess teepees would be even better than your matchstick houses. Teepees can be moved and they definitely won't collapse due to earthquakes. Teepees are the new California white man home. This is now a teepee thread.

Owen Young
Owen Young

yeah ask italy, i bet they know lotsa shit about earthquakes

now THIS is more belivable, thank you

Attached: 1560112955816.png (83 KB, 477x477)

Landon Taylor
Landon Taylor

Doesn't matter if they are common or not. They happen and being in a wooden built home is way safer than your faggot idea. If you don't like close to the hillside or mountains you don't need to worry about wildfires.

Dylan Reyes
Dylan Reyes

What I don't understand is this. What's the No1 structure in the world that has stood the test of time ? Pyramids. Fucking earthquakes, wars, migration of rivers, space aliens, cult worshippers, greasy chicken fingers, purple drank.. They haven't shifted an inch. I don't understand why in those areas they don't just build pyramidal structures, kinda sounds stable doesn't it ? Or am I missing something efficiency-wise ?

Ethan Rodriguez
Ethan Rodriguez

Small stuff, shelves, boxes, vampire spikes...

Mason Miller
Mason Miller

My Dad had a big slab of ironwood that I tried to put a nail through, couldn't do it, dulled a rotary saw blade to uselessness before it could cut through it too and that was going slow. Couldn't burn it with a cutting torch either and I have no idea about insects but that fucker was indestructable, I doubt termites would bother with it.

Luis Gonzalez
Luis Gonzalez

"Over the last five years, he has been actively involved in promoting solid wood construction as a viable, sustainable alternative to concrete construction. "

I've had about enough of your retardation.

Landon Harris
Landon Harris

Lol

Connor Harris
Connor Harris

And hemp

Austin Howard
Austin Howard

Why do I talk with stupid faggots like you

Thomas Stewart
Thomas Stewart

I don't know what Japan uses but whatever they use works well because they are all built to survive Earthquakes

But they also have a cool culture of making homes affordably and every few decades they do full tear downs and make new updated homes. So the housing stock never really gets too old.

Jeremiah Wright
Jeremiah Wright

I cut and mill my own trees but I live the chadtains. Citycucks are gay.

Blake Ward
Blake Ward

Why do you fuckers care so much about earthquakes? Stop living on fault lines like niggers.

Bentley Ross
Bentley Ross

i mean, instead of making huge ass geoids we use the basic principle that makes a piramid a solid structure, ARCHS and shit probalby

Aaron Johnson
Aaron Johnson

START THE TEEPEE REVOLUTION NOW !

Kill the woodlovers ! lol

Attached: teepee.jpg (166 KB, 1280x720)

Tyler Price
Tyler Price

There are cement structures in Italy 2000+ years old. There's been plenty of quakes there in that time period.

Josiah Gomez
Josiah Gomez

Stop living in hurricane and incest areas, hillbilly

Gavin Phillips
Gavin Phillips

Better quality materials are obviously better but other things have also improved:

joinery
hardware variety and quality
design

keep water away from your shit and it will last longer than you

Josiah Perez
Josiah Perez

I will my own wood in the city, temporarily decucking my immediate surroundings.

Attached: 1559433965246.gif (84 KB, 233x533)

Jeremiah Lopez
Jeremiah Lopez

That shit looks haunted out the ass.

Andrew Lewis
Andrew Lewis

Yeah and that shit gets destroyed like

Unless you think all those neat old historical buildings in Italy haven't been restored

Dylan Parker
Dylan Parker

Like the tower of pisa ? If it was wooden it'd be standing upright right now.

Thomas Thompson
Thomas Thompson

you fool no one, demon

Attached: FBBFFCCB-F6E6-44F6-87A0-608DD5B9E8E9.jpg (129 KB, 800x800)

Jordan Thompson
Jordan Thompson

underrated

Logan Bailey
Logan Bailey

That shit looks haunted out the ass.
Not with Vinyl Siding from Sears.

Gabriel Flores
Gabriel Flores

Hemp for building? That's interesting.

Connor Jenkins
Connor Jenkins

Way ahead of you. Want to guess again?

Mason Hall
Mason Hall

And the paper on which to print (((parentheses))).

Matthew Foster
Matthew Foster

Magnitude 6.2
nigga please that shit dont even wake up my mom
dont compare houses from italy to my cribs ever again

Asher Taylor
Asher Taylor

Good show mate!

Luke Ross
Luke Ross

That is due to a poor foundation. Nothing to do with quakes.

Jaxon Walker
Jaxon Walker

Attached: 1a2e3620f713beadb2c1abd06d4671acfdd169967ed5254639e584db6e85183b.jpg (54 KB, 286x380)

Dylan Thompson
Dylan Thompson

well it isnt only earthquakes, say you live in a rustic place that is prone to heavy rain, and you dont have any sewage/sewage is shitty and tiny
how do you avoid that you house floods?

Andrew Brooks
Andrew Brooks

Based

Nathan Howard
Nathan Howard

I was joking you bag of used dolts. SACREBLEU

Dylan Turner
Dylan Turner

I notice a clear lack of response. Have a nice day, CIA

Jacob Baker
Jacob Baker

Holy fuck, Koch himself is on Jow Forums shilling for GP

Parker Campbell
Parker Campbell

My sewage is fine. I don't live in Chile.

Christian Harris
Christian Harris

I wood give you gold but I'm br-oak!

*drumfill*

BOoooo hissssss

Asher Diaz
Asher Diaz

Decorative, high-quality wood over steel and reinforced concrete construction is my favorite. Walls should be at least 75 cm thick and all windows should have easily deployed heavy gauge stainless steel shutters. Plus nice curtains to keep the wife happy.

James Hill
James Hill

*sips*
Yep back in my day should have saw the wood we had
Built my house with it
*sips

Carter Reed
Carter Reed

WTF I love cutting down ancient trees for mass use now

Attached: thumb-600.jpg (99 KB, 590x590)

Aiden Ortiz
Aiden Ortiz

Is this the Bob Villa thread or something ? Did you build yourself a cabinet and all your spices fell out and now you're coming to Jow Forums to bitch about wood quality or something? How does a thread like this become so successful lol ?

Tyler Walker
Tyler Walker

Yup this is a beech of a topic

Isaac Sanders
Isaac Sanders

Ignore the other comments made by ignorant children. That is some nice fucking work user.

Anthony Martin
Anthony Martin

electrical fires can't light oak beams

Luis Ramirez
Luis Ramirez

Serious question user: Have you ever had to pay for heating and/or cooling for a house of this size and vintage?

Jackson Murphy
Jackson Murphy

well... pretend you do live here, or deep inside a forest
how do you protect you house against floods

you see, i dont get to see this problem, i live a comune that was a sanctuary buut people didnt want to move out so the state just gave the houses to the people, and since these were all sanctuary houses, they are very well done, even thought we dont have good sewage we never get our houses flooded

but other comunes do get really badly injured if it rains for as little as 2 days
how do you protect your hause? i would just raise the foundations honestly

Jonathan Howard
Jonathan Howard

It's nice but the barndoors clash. At least paint them a different color.

I would prime them black, then drybrush silver just to bring out all the detail. That would match the rest of the bloody. I wish I had that skill in carpentry. I built a birdhouse once in shop class in highschool and the fucking thing was a death trap, nails sticking out from the side and shit. Finally blew it up with my sister birds wouldn't eat in it.

Kayden Hernandez
Kayden Hernandez

The leaf is right. You're either overthinking this or your nuts. There's nothing wrong with liking nice things. Sorry that you live in a place infested with Jews. Not everyone lives where you live.

Wyatt Myers
Wyatt Myers

nice wood, poor decor

Josiah Torres
Josiah Torres

why put bookshelves right besides the tv?

Kevin Thomas
Kevin Thomas

Good lord you Canadians really are that stupid, huh? I make knife handles out of ironwood. Yeah, it's dense, but it's not indestructible. Fuck you leafs are disgusting and indescribably stupid.

Joseph Evans
Joseph Evans

tell that to Nordic mead hall
*thunk thunk*
this son of bitch stay standing after Golar drunk hydra slay feast

Ryan Smith
Ryan Smith

just noticed that dudes tie is litt

Nathaniel Torres
Nathaniel Torres

Wait does this have something to do with Jesus being a carpenter or something ? Wtf is wrong with using wood in certain places, concrete in others... I mean it depends what you're trying to accomplish. How the hell is this an argument this is hilarious I've been laughing for like an hour

Kayden Williams
Kayden Williams

You arent kidding there. Lived in a actual castle of a countess for a few months. Absolutely freezing cold winters. Would take a mc mansion any day of the week.

Aiden Mitchell
Aiden Mitchell

As a framer I built a bunch of shitty cheap houses out of shitty cheap wood. They are remarkably resistant to seismic issues and people shore up their other weaknesses with shit like vinyl siding. If you want a really ugly cheap house that will last 40-50 years you might as well get one of these giant wood monstrosities. People will give you gay ass gables and cover everything in faux brick/rock so you forget how shitty your shitty house is.

I think building a more classic home structure would be a better idea overall, but you've got to be able to secure that plot of land over a long period of time for it to be worth it. Given the political climate I don't think that's very viable for most people. Maybe if you live in a rural area and don't ever agitate the government but if you're in the subs you're getting a shitty wood house and there's nothing you can do about it. Half your house is going to be plywood and you'll never even know it because you have a smart fridge.

Connor Wood
Connor Wood

carpentry and DIY is a white's hobby

Bentley Ross
Bentley Ross

Wut. If bamboo is good, hemp is better

Andrew Sanders
Andrew Sanders

boomers like hording shit and displaying their clutter, it's what they live for actually

Noah Jackson
Noah Jackson

Maybe so he can put his video collection or book collection around it ?

Cameron Long
Cameron Long

You're white. Incest is in your genes. Accept it and move on. Just breed your sister carefully and don't be afraid to cull your retarded children.

Ayden Myers
Ayden Myers

Right I mean he didn't glue ONE RIM on that. And I don't see a single mudflap framed on the wall

Gabriel Fisher
Gabriel Fisher

She's probably not that wrong, though

Caleb Jackson
Caleb Jackson

Let's keep the discussion wood-related please. Keep your fantasies about your sister between you and your therapist.

Chase Stewart
Chase Stewart

that mentality seems so easy to scam
my mom told me "poor people stay poor because they always buy 'thingies' to fill their miserable shelves, my job is to sell those 'thingies' to them"

Justin Garcia
Justin Garcia

It's so plentiful and massively renewable. Why is it prohibitively expensive? Are the bug people turning into the (((bug))) people?

Kayden Sullivan
Kayden Sullivan

It's true that poorly built wood structures are more resilient to earthquakes and than poorly built masonry. However, any properly built structure should survive most earthquakes. Look at last year's 7.0 that struck in Anchorage, Alaska. A few shitty McMansions were ruined, but the vast majority of the damage was cosmetic and no one was killed (and few even injured). Had the same earthquake occurred in a similarly-sized city in Iran it would have killed a 100,000 people. In China, it would have killed 750,000.

Jace Foster
Jace Foster

I saw what you did there, canadajew. Glow harder next time so the dummies can identify you easier

Colton Peterson
Colton Peterson

sadly this, most people dont plan on getting thier children a mansion and antiquities as heritage
i do though

Aaron Hughes
Aaron Hughes

ponderosa pine
Did you buy your wood from Hoss?

Blake Thompson
Blake Thompson

I assume that because you're Canadian you fucked your sister first.

Jack Wright
Jack Wright

Wood you please stop with the lumbering puns.

Henry Sanders
Henry Sanders

I like you, Chang.

Attached: ROFL-MAO.jpg (41 KB, 381x280)

Caleb Reed
Caleb Reed

thing is every american is a broke ass consumerist slave that believes he's won the lottery just by being born in America and having the priviledge to to be a broke ass consumerist slave

nothing more unpatriotic to an american (communist even) than being frugal or a minimalist, not partaking in their rituals of consumption, hoarding and signal-display, it permeates their entire life, from baby showers to the funeral

Ethan Gray
Ethan Gray

I think you realized a while ago that you're overdoing it and now there's no turning back. It's a fucking shelf and I think the guy can afford it judging from the decor. Just because you can't afford it, doesn't mean HE can't get it ? You're making some huge assumptions. The guy posted a picture of a fucking cabinet you don't even know if it's his.

Josiah Scott
Josiah Scott

Shit tier wood like in the OP doesn't.
Old wood does.

You can laugh at his thread and make excuses but it's true. Modern wood sucks, the structures built today won't last as long as the old houses from the early 1900's. Call it a conspiracy but maybe this is done on purpose, planned obsolescence

Alexander Robinson
Alexander Robinson

well, that city is on the firebelt of the pacific so it makes sense it would have good infrastructure for quakes

Xavier Cook
Xavier Cook

leaves are how we insulate our igloo's where I live. also great moose feed

Julian Russell
Julian Russell

Me and my progeny don't care about the Jews. I look out for my own regardless of who's against us. Yeah, it's usually a Jew attacking us, but I simply want the healthy white man to be a healthy white man. But it really is almost always a jew or nigger attacking us.

Ryan Young
Ryan Young

Dude -- you've got a first class cope there.

Xavier Sanchez
Xavier Sanchez

calm down nigga, i just saying what i know
more shelves means more shit to put on those shelves, exploitable
like said, its americana to the max

Christopher Cooper
Christopher Cooper

True. And it's "Ring of Fire" fren -- well in English anyway.

Grayson Morgan
Grayson Morgan

I assume that because you're American that you live in a trailer and wake up in morning with a crockpot under your bed.

At least my mom didn't have me on her first ovulation :P

Brayden Reyes
Brayden Reyes

As long as you enjoy the formaldehyde glue it's soaked in to produce the laminate.

Levi Adams
Levi Adams

Get a life dude. With that mentality you'll end up in a trailer park

Jason Robinson
Jason Robinson

You should use newspaper instead

Kevin Cook
Kevin Cook

whats so wrong about formaldehyde glue

Josiah Edwards
Josiah Edwards

Sadly correct. I almost always tell Canadians to fuck off but here is one being honest

Christian Ortiz
Christian Ortiz

we destroyed the land god gave us and clear cut all our ancient forests

we deserve this, every fucking shitty piece of lumber, we fucking deserve it

Attached: greenline-front.jpg (148 KB, 996x1000)

Ryder Collins
Ryder Collins

god told us to conquer the land not to be a fucking tarzan nigga up in this earth

Carson Johnson
Carson Johnson

Yeah and I'm saying you're overdoing it man. What do you buy first the garage or the car ?

If he's building a shelf, do you think just maybe he's already got things to put on it ? Rather than buying a shelf and then saying now which faceless corporation shall I visit first to populate my shelves with useless trinkets ?

When I purchase a storage solution, it's usually because I'm about to use it to store predefined items.

You're saying no you purchase a storage solution because you're about to be a consumer whore :/

Parker Phillips
Parker Phillips

That house has 2 fireplaces for the winter and is probably in the northeast where it doesn't get very hot in the summer anyway

Justin Adams
Justin Adams

i am happy npcs exist, my moms family is a bunch of second hand merchants so i aint even mad
but i can see from your formating that you seem like a spook

Eli Perez
Eli Perez

My home is solid full dimensional timber, individually architected and craft built in 1923. It’s as solid as a rock.

I would never buy a home built after WWII if I was you plebs.

Joshua Russell
Joshua Russell

There are half timbered homes in Germany over 1000 years old.

Nolan Anderson
Nolan Anderson

Says the trailer park degenerate

Juan Allen
Juan Allen

No God gave us *dominion* over the land (assuming you're a Christian). Dominion means that we must CARE and RESPECT the land because we have been given RESPONSIBILITY.

If someone gave you a car and asked you to take care of it would you turn around and "conquer" it by smashing all the windows and slashing the tires?

Attached: men-of-the-sun.png (1.42 MB, 1075x865)

Isaac Thomas
Isaac Thomas

you are retarded

Aaron Hall
Aaron Hall

is this a trick question?

Tyler Reyes
Tyler Reyes

retard spic
you didn't deserve pinochet

Nathaniel Nelson
Nathaniel Nelson

needing to buy space in a storage

jesus man, not a single shelf in my entire house bruh, get rid of your shit and stop buying shit, it's a sunk cost

Jaxson Gutierrez
Jaxson Gutierrez

Does this somehow affect properties that are relevant for construction?
Of course, the wide growth rings cause excessive warping when drying and is structurally weaker.

Sebastian Parker
Sebastian Parker

(((Trick question)))

Julian Mitchell
Julian Mitchell

Attached: 1546847318850.png (111 KB, 316x203)

Jaxson Torres
Jaxson Torres

hormones in the water making the trees grow fast

Justin Foster
Justin Foster

Why because I'm well spoken and have an actual vocabulary ? Frightening isn't it ? To speak to someone with an IQ above room temperature that challenge your views without using strawmans ?

I'm actually CSIS+RCMP. See I come here to test how good I can fool people into being a civilian because it helps me train my craft.

Particularly these wood threads, because this is where you spot the REAL dissidents. What does this guy REALLY need his shelf for ? Guns ? Bourbon ? Child body parts ? NAZI PARAPHERNALIA MAYBE ?!?!

Intelligence agencies and woodshop go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other really everybody knows that. NORMAL non-materialistic people keep all their belongings in BOXES DUH

Brayden Gomez
Brayden Gomez

can anybody make a flowshart of what type of wood to use?
does /diy/ have one?

if there isnt i feel there is enough info here to make one

Noah Peterson
Noah Peterson

That's because you live in a favela. All you own is a pair of sneakers and a soccer ball

Leo Gutierrez
Leo Gutierrez

dude i just have a simple attraction to carpentry and masonry

Zachary Campbell
Zachary Campbell

This, fucking barn doors lol.

Cooper Ramirez
Cooper Ramirez

based but rudepilled

Attached: 5g3mx6r1.jpg (166 KB, 437x600)

Bentley Diaz
Bentley Diaz

Why is that? I forget. What happened 70 years ago..?

Austin Anderson
Austin Anderson

lel

Oliver Wilson
Oliver Wilson

Nigger, modern 2x4s are that size too. Only the original cut is truly 2x4 and them they shrink when treated. Fucking go lurk /diy/.

Jose Peterson
Jose Peterson

Nigga, Germany has had its back broken more times in the last 250 years. Please, spare yourself the embarrassment and get back to sucking Merkel’s tits.

Chase Diaz
Chase Diaz

Every fucking time I come on Jow Forums I find something new thats concerning

Noah Stewart
Noah Stewart

huh? It's because you called me a spook. Does that word have a different definition in your country ? Here spook means government agent.

Tyler Reed
Tyler Reed

Think there's a horse behind the wall that sticks his head out when you open them ? I sure hope so :(

Jason King
Jason King

Then, after drying, the wood is milled to remove saw marks, square the faces, and make them a standard 1.5" x 3.5".

Jayden Garcia
Jayden Garcia

I'm kidding. He obviously also owns wifi cafe membership or he wouldn't be able to post

Noah Williams
Noah Williams

The dinosaurs man

Jaxson Bell
Jaxson Bell

Yes the wooden shack you keep your lawnmower in can collapse during a 7.5 earthquake

Bentley Campbell
Bentley Campbell

being on a fault zone

Dominic Flores
Dominic Flores

based beavis-n-buttheadposter

Dylan Powell
Dylan Powell

I got a Smart TV and a Kindle, I got rid of all the dvds and books cluttering my house a decade ago, these days if I buy a physical book I gift it to someone after finishing it, other than that just some souvenirs from traveling, but they're on the wall

Cameron Cox
Cameron Cox

You should sell them on ebay. Buyer pays shipping, you package. Make lots of money.

Kayden Anderson
Kayden Anderson

May I ask how old you are ? I swear I'm not about to insult you or anything

Samuel James
Samuel James

my cock stands the test of time inside your moms pusy

Hudson Clark
Hudson Clark

Michael Jenkins
Michael Jenkins

look, not every country can allow consumerist roaches to live by, you should know that here in latinamerica if you buy too many -thingies- you are just throwing money away
and normal people here just make their own forniture, at least my family use to

Jaxon Ramirez
Jaxon Ramirez

Ironwood grows in S. Texas. It is so hard that your mamma made a dildo from it.

Adrian Morales
Adrian Morales

Came here to say this.

Carson Nguyen
Carson Nguyen

That's not correct either necessarily. You can treat wood. I think the cathedral was a good example. 800 years is quite a long time and it would've lasted longer if the tech didn't bother the butterfly which angered the cat which pushed over the acetylene onto the rags covered in gasoline next to the case of grenades...

Nathaniel Green
Nathaniel Green

It's very hard to work with because bamboo is so well, hard. It's a giant reed. It has to be planed and then glued into formation. But it's strong as fucking hell and still retains some of its natural flexibility which makes it a sturdy option against high winds, and its naturally water resistant. It just has its own separate learning curve in order to work with.

James Nguyen
James Nguyen

They grow specific trees to one day be 2by4s ?

Nathaniel Price
Nathaniel Price

Shame you had to build a prison for your material possessions.

Eli Cooper
Eli Cooper

Based Woodman

Attached: Raymond-Calitri.png (180 KB, 391x295)

Dominic Ortiz
Dominic Ortiz

I got a Smart TV and a Kindle
uhm, is this considered some sort of high living standard in the third world?

Jose Peterson
Jose Peterson

Burgers on Suicide Watch

Attached: US-posters.png (50 KB, 208x326)

Jaxson Martin
Jaxson Martin

Plus nice curtains to keep the wife happy.
She keeps me happy.

Owen Carter
Owen Carter

yes it is, thank you, got girls hitting on me on the subway actually because the kindle signals both my wealth and intellect

Easton Hall
Easton Hall

Its because more co2 in air. Co2 is plant food so it can grow more in a year.
Pro tip #14: burn coal for wood

Jonathan Walker
Jonathan Walker

ok I'm 37, about 7-8 years ago I could probably fit all my stuff in a 2 1/2. Now I cringe at the thought of moving. You will accumulate a LOT of junk in 10 years trust me lol. It's not about being materialistic, you will inevitably create memories you want to keep around. You're gonna store everything on a kindle ? And what if you lose the drive ? One way or another every hobby you pick up is going to create a need to store it somewhere.

Carter Anderson
Carter Anderson

And what do you make that furniture with ? Tools right ? Where do you store those tools ? On the AWS cloud ? Do you have a magic bottomless bag ?

Jayden Green
Jayden Green

gottem

Charles Russell
Charles Russell

You're right he should line up his personal belongings outside on the porch in the rain

Brayden Morgan
Brayden Morgan

damn, I should visit brazil from time to time

Logan Diaz
Logan Diaz

It seems to me that you are trying to make a point. Maybe you can adjust the angle of your saw.

Jaxson James
Jaxson James

Most countries don't chimpout every 50 years and get bombed and need to rebuild

Jordan Bell
Jordan Bell

TOKYOOOOOOOOOO DURIIIFFFTOOOOOO

Oliver Flores
Oliver Flores

is this another trick question?
but you keep them in the tool shed obviously

Ayden Baker
Ayden Baker

t. retard that bought a 300k piece ofs hit mcmansion

Gavin Lee
Gavin Lee

Paisley.

Julian Ramirez
Julian Ramirez

terminates internally

Ethan Jenkins
Ethan Jenkins

close vents on rooms you dont use
have updated insulation
woooowww sooo harddddd bro

Logan Baker
Logan Baker

mcmansion
are these a problem in the usa? how can you make a mansion that your grand grand grand children can get to enjoy?

Jackson Ortiz
Jackson Ortiz

Finally, a sensible post

Jace Adams
Jace Adams

quiz
what material can protect your wood vigas against termites and fires?

Robert Butler
Robert Butler

Chinesium.

Ethan Lewis
Ethan Lewis

Nazis were the first hippies

Liam Phillips
Liam Phillips

Lol, projecting this hard. Fuck off, kike

Cameron Ramirez
Cameron Ramirez

I live in a house built 1885 right on a minor fault line in California. The foundation is made of local redwood and the only damage done during all the major earthquakes in OVER 100 YEARS was a hairline crack in the lath and plaster of one tiny wall, and a broken teacup, I shit you not.

Matthew Garcia
Matthew Garcia

How many people still live in those polyhedrons? None. They were made for dead people. Living people lived in mud huts.

Wyatt Anderson
Wyatt Anderson

Imagine being a poorfag and not being able to build your entire house out of steel I-beams

Grayson Green
Grayson Green

I chew down my own trees and debark them with my fingernails. I lift the denuded logs into place with the aid of a mule and pulley. Then I stay up all night to make sure niggers and jews don't try to take away my stuff.

Parker Green
Parker Green

Literally pine(soft wood) vs oak(hard wood only ever used for furniture) you have to be a brainlet to believe this image is comparing two pieces of the same species

Asher Ross
Asher Ross

it could melt with you inside

Kayden Perry
Kayden Perry

third world cope
tfw never worked in my life yet have a shelf full of nice things and enough food for several weeks in my freezers, fridge and cabinets and I can afford to go out and eat all the time
Sure feels nice being a "consumerist slave"

Attached: 1506362028807.png (17 KB, 266x195)

Aaron Powell
Aaron Powell

You do know that it is still standing, right?

Adrian Gonzalez
Adrian Gonzalez

you are confused, we are talking about our situations here

Ethan Sanchez
Ethan Sanchez

state = nation
Goddammit Barack, why do you always have to be the retarded kid?

Mason Robinson
Mason Robinson

my parent's house is similarly old, used to belong to a coffee baron, one day when I as a kid we had to change the old copper pipes in the ground, when construction started we found a goddamn huge sinkhole in the pateo right next to the house due to the leaky pipes, no signs apparent, at all, contractor said if the foundations of the house weren't so unbelievably overkill, shit would have collapsed years ago

Sebastian Perry
Sebastian Perry

Actually there has never been a single mummy found in a pyramid they're not tombs ffs. The only body found in a pyramid was the G guy there whatever his name was, he designed the first pyramid... and the pyramid he was buried in had a completely different design compared to the others. Look it up, Egyptian history is funner than it sounds.

Either way, I don't see what's wrong with living in a pyramid it's just another shape. Doesn't have to be a sealed stone/concrete structure with no windows. You can make it aesthetically pleasing.

Landon Barnes
Landon Barnes

heh it's a joke

Eli Mitchell
Eli Mitchell

Yep, it's wood.

Attached: 1538874363388.png (211 KB, 700x443)

Gabriel Williams
Gabriel Williams

Philistine peasant. You know how many pigmys died to get him that piece of wood ? Their souls are trapped in it for eternity some say.

Colton Butler
Colton Butler

Top is radiata and plantation grown, lots here in Aus
The bottom looks like cypress pine
Two different timbers
I hate radiata

Ian Hall
Ian Hall

what did he mean by "unbelievably overkill"?

Jackson Harris
Jackson Harris

Here's why. Jesus was/is white, and He lives in my heart. I owe it to Him to make sure that I know how woodworks.

Luke Brown
Luke Brown

uh huh huh huh huh

Attached: 1551154375016.gif (1.83 MB, 360x240)

Jacob Gray
Jacob Gray

cover everything in faux brick/rock so you forget how shitty your shitty house is
I hate this shit so much, all the gooks moving into my neighborhood are tearing off the siding of their homes and replacing it with this tacky garbage and stucco because they're too cheap to buy a fresh coat of paint.

Ryder Evans
Ryder Evans

Everybody knows wood paneling is the way to go and linoleum flooring

James Peterson
James Peterson

ponderosa

Attached: dennis-(2).gif (1.5 MB, 250x233)

Cameron Adams
Cameron Adams

What, should we just let the trees stand there until they fall over while living in mud huts?

Dylan Kelly
Dylan Kelly

Yup, England too. Lightning is what eventually kills them.

Christian Hernandez
Christian Hernandez

Attached: beavis-butthead-wood.jpg (37 KB, 438x344)

Noah Jackson
Noah Jackson

Didn't you hear him ? When was the last time you apologized to a tree for being such a white supremacist bigot.

Robert Diaz
Robert Diaz

Honestly I'd rather have linoleum flooring than that vinyl flooring with woodgrain printed on it at low dpi.

Samuel Robinson
Samuel Robinson

Tasteless and soulless shit. Keep your ornate commie- block shit.

Ayden Kelly
Ayden Kelly

more than necessary, it's a two storey house but the foundations are like that of a small building

James Russell
James Russell

dont worry tree huggers will be amongst the first to die after clownworld ends and the apocalipse fucking starts, if ever

Tyler Hernandez
Tyler Hernandez

What a collection of events and forces of nature lol

Carter James
Carter James

based
fuck quakes
fuck sinkholes
and FUCK tornados

Angel Torres
Angel Torres

Chlordane. However, it's no longer available due to its carcinogenic affects, so you have to make your own. Another of life's problems while trying to be self-sufficient.

Grayson Ross
Grayson Ross

totally different species used for different purposes

Attached: capcha.png (247 KB, 396x574)

Jaxon Russell
Jaxon Russell

Good for outdoor furniture. Benches/tables etc. made a nice swing out of it once. Expensive but lasts.

Landon Russell
Landon Russell

Still, nobody lived in them. People lived in mud houses.

Parker Kelly
Parker Kelly

i know for sure there is another one that my father used for his house, and it definetly wasnt chlordane
if there is another wood thread or /diy/ thread i will drop the name there

Isaiah Hernandez
Isaiah Hernandez

OK well you know what ? Maybe we should START living in them then.

Mason Phillips
Mason Phillips

Wait a minute. You must be assuming something that is not true. I do not hate trees.

Evan Williams
Evan Williams

I'm kidding, omg how many times do I have to say that in this thread.

Also how did we make it to 300 replies lol This has more replies than the hong kong thread

Gabriel Wright
Gabriel Wright

Not him, but fuck you. Construction is a good job and there's nothing wrong with it. I worked several blue collar jobs while going to college, now you can call me doctor, you fucking NEET.

Hunter Hall
Hunter Hall

My ancestral house is 200year old andais made of wood. It is still intact.

Tyler Jenkins
Tyler Jenkins

It's probably cut from a larger piece. There's an industry that revolves around recycling old wood. When old buildings get demolished to make room for new construction, these people swoop in and salvage the lumber, it's known to be the best quality.
We're about to replace a piece with rain rot and the size just isn't made anymore, so we're going to get one from one of these specialized lumber yards

Anthony Rivera
Anthony Rivera

wow imagine what doing tech support was like back then :P

Seriously you guys have a lot of rain though don't you ? It's very hot but humid I think no ? Technically that wood will never burn unless you pour napalm on it or something

Caleb Evans
Caleb Evans

Will you make me a bass shaped clock out of lacquered driftwood and fedex it to me ?

Nathan Wright
Nathan Wright

To think, it all started with a photo of wood.

Colton Watson
Colton Watson

I know and we haven't even gotten to the race baiting and death threats yet

Sebastian Gomez
Sebastian Gomez

Nobody has even mentions how superior the Third Reich was.

Isaiah Hall
Isaiah Hall

The modern lumber trees have been bred in such a way that they quickly accumulate cellulose, which is why you have these thick, frayed layers. This wood isn't much better than plywood because it splits easily due to the large air pockets compared to old wood.

James Nelson
James Nelson

Yes where i am from it does rain a lot. But surprisingly the wood used in my ancestral home is not rotting nnrdooes it have any kind of termite infestation. Even the door of my new house was swarmed with termites in 3 months but the old house seems completely immune to it.

Luis Davis
Luis Davis

It's because their tanks and command structures were build with wood from 1918. Did you see the pic ?

Carson Fisher
Carson Fisher

aww wtf. I have a very strict no insect policy in my house lol. If I woke up in the morning and saw that I'd probably tear the door off its hinges and throw it into the street lol

Michael Davis
Michael Davis

Are these the same species of Tree? I doubt it. But this does touch on a point about which I've wondered. I'm not worried about Global Climate change because only people with moral inferiority complexes who need to convince themselves there is a great moral danger, so they can half-assed participate in "the cause", and buy themselves moral indulgences by doing that, believe in that; but what will the increase in CO2 levels do to the quality of lumber? Trees grow by accretion each year getting another layer thicker. One of the side effects of higher CO2 levels is increased plant growth. The difference between hard woods and soft woods is that hard woods have thinner rings because they grow slower than soft woods. Will increased levels of CO2 make our hard woods, softer?

Attached: This-guy-in-discord.jpg (92 KB, 998x598)

Luis Hill
Luis Hill

Chlordane. U can make yourself. Look it up.

Juan Bell
Juan Bell

Even the door of my new house was swarmed with termites in 3 months
Shiva the destroyer has come to undue the new and wicked.

Aaron Diaz
Aaron Diaz

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. The same is true for trees over a much longer time scale.

Asher Stewart
Asher Stewart

OP you retard the wood from on the top was from the bottom of the tree.

Chase Jackson
Chase Jackson

There is a fallacy in your belief system.

Hunter Johnson
Hunter Johnson

based texas
with overkill he meant not built exactly for a two storey house which is what they do today, so that your house gets swept away by rain and wind and they can build a new one for more money

Isaac Ramirez
Isaac Ramirez

Solzhenitsyn wrote about 1914, but most trees were saplings in 1918.

Benjamin Sullivan
Benjamin Sullivan

mfw trees grow from the bottom
mfw the oldest part of the tree goes up and the youngest part of the tree stays on the ground
user i honestly like your thinking but it's completely wrong

David Kelly
David Kelly

is this what happens when kids are raised in apartments? basic knowledge of plants is non existent?

Jonathan Wright
Jonathan Wright

he's trolling for (you)'s

William Wright
William Wright

Why have a tv?

Elijah Sanchez
Elijah Sanchez

Who were the Ents in Tolkien's second book of fable, TLOTR? Weren't they the holders, the keepers of the old knowledge?

Jayden Collins
Jayden Collins

we have no material that can stand the test of time. everything eventually dies to corrosion. if you wait 10k years or something you couldnt tell humans ever lived on earth, nothing will stand.

Samuel Campbell
Samuel Campbell

Jews are reptilian aliens that you can only truly see with a special pair of glasses.

Oakly prizms m8.

Brayden Sullivan
Brayden Sullivan

Exactly. Let us pay a tax, so that we can see what today's propaganda from our deep state lords want us to view. Why would one rather look at the ideas of subversive thoughts on the internet, rather than the healthy views that tv can give you with only a small tax?

Jaxon Campbell
Jaxon Campbell

At least Britain is honest in the fact that they tax a person for looking at the television, while Americans seem to be content with watching whatever channel they can get for free.

Maybe US needs to review the policy that controls the airwaves and the internet to allow certain ideas to be expressed while other, competing ideas are quashed.

Isaac Gomez
Isaac Gomez

You misunderstood the theme of the movie.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit