Why is everyone so upset about right-wingers get banned off social media?

Why is everyone so upset about right-wingers get banned off social media?

These are private companies, and access to them is a privilege, not a right. Nowhere in the constitution does it guarantee everyone a right to use these websites.

If you believe a christian bakery shouldn't have to serve gay people, then you should also believe that social media companies should be able to ban who they want.

Attached: yt_1200-vfl4C3T0K.png (1200x1200, 17K)

Does not excuse Vox who can be charged with antitrust for causing their competition to get deplatformed and smeared in the first place.

Jow Forums is not your personal blog

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

>Looks at pic
>Looks at flag

hahahaha

Attached: I didn't read that gay shit.gif (252x263, 2.99M)

They should post that in their terms of service.

Fags can bake their own penis cakes at home
Conservatives cannot host their own video sharing website because Silicon Valley would sabotage them

Educate yourself on Marsh v. Alabama, so you won't expose your ignorance so freely in the future.

By that logic store owners should be able to ban filthy niggers from coming into their stores.

And they'd be justified in doing so

Attached: 1560348694827.png (2276x1619, 702K)

you tube was supposed to be a video host for whatever, until google took over.
they shouldnt be taking down anything unless its illegal AF (god knows they hosted movies for YEARS and no fucks given. while google owned it. also every song ever made.)

ohhhhh snap
>muh nigga you jus' got roaste'd yeaaahh

Attached: 1410855776871.jpg (800x764, 17K)

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Youtube/social media become classified as a new "public square" in the eyes of the law so these companies can be protected from lawsuits?

>These are private companies, and access to them is a privilege, not a right. Nowhere in the constitution does it guarantee everyone a right to use these websites.

If this was true, trump wouldn't be able to ban people from viewing his twitter. Youtube and twitter are in a grey zone between private company and public utilities.

YouTube, Google, Facebook...they were all originally set up to be neutral platforms like AT&T or Verizon. They were able to get lots of tax exemptions and government grants because of this. Yet here we are

Once again capitalists faggots and libertarians will ruins every effort

YouTube has a TOS agreement with creators...a literal contract...which YouTube is breaching to target conservatives for ideological reasons. And to top it off, this targeting is being instigated by the “guardians of truth” MSM itself. The press is literally calling for the curving of other people’s speech.

I don’t care whether you’re conservative or a progressive. If you care at all about living in a free democratic society, this should terrify you. Don’t celebrate it just because it scores your team some points. It may allow you to steal the 2020 election, but you will lose far more in the future. A corporate weapon will inevitably be turned on you and the things you care about too.

Ever dig deep into election laws? Did you know ABC (a private corporation) must give equal ad space to all candidates in an election by law? So why would democracy not apply laws to social media disallowing billionaire corporations from manipulating political spheres?

>These are private companies, and access to them is a privilege, not a right. Nowhere in the constitution does it guarantee everyone a right to use these websites.

Every freaking time. I bet you're a alide thread too.

Okay, there are two reasons why this *excuse* is shoddy and paper thin.

0) Imagine using an excuse like that against Black people looking for housing, or wanting to eat out at a restaurant?
"Why, them Negros could go some place else! I'm a private real estate dealer, and I don't want to sell to Oga-boogas!"
Or
"Tell them that they could eat out of a dumpster, cause theres no way Imma serve a nigger!"

Isn't this the height of Leftist hypocrisy and perfidy?

>and access to them is a privilege, not a right
Then they are a publisher, not a platform, and as such, subject to different legislation and taxation.

Attached: 1559783039842.png (599x410, 41K)

>squeeze out all viable competition online for open sharing of video content
>get bought by Google
>work with attack dogs from smaller media outlets that would have gone bankrupt had they not been bought out by major media companies to stir shit and deplatform their competition
>it's a free market, dooood.

Yeah, that's now how it is supposed to work.

1) It depends on a definition of censorship that comes out of the assumption that only the government is a censor, and due to the language of the 1st Amendment.

I reiterate: the take the fact that The 1st Amendment says "congress shall make no law..." To mean that only congress could possibly be a censor, and that as a result the label of "censor" cannot apply to a private company. Therefore, according to them, its not censorship.

But, aside from being an insult to the intelligence of your average person, reasoning like that throws several Constitutional Amendments and Judicial Rulings under the bus.

If "censor" is something that only government could be accused of, due to the concept being forbidden to them according to the language of the Constitution, then I guess discrimination is also something that only government can be accused of doing. I guess all manner of private business can decide to simply tell all the non-white, non-christians, and gay to simply bugger off somewhere. Hey, its not discrimination, its private business! Only government can discriminate, guys!

Nice job neutering the 14th and 19th Amendments there, bros. You sure showed Whitey about the dangers of White Supremacy.

>and access to them is a privilege, not a right.
that's why they offer free uploading. OP you're
not to bright about law and money.

2) But, finally, its paper thin because all it takes is the passing of a Law or Judicial Ruling to render that excuse totally irrelevant.

All that discrimination against Blacks and other minorities on part of private business used to be totally legal, until Congress and the Supreme Court decided that it wasn't and that companies no longer had the right to do that.

> B-bu-but, they're not a pwotected cwass!

It just means that Government didn't think to specially focus on them to help them out of a social rut. It never meant that its okay to discriminate against them. And frankly, I hope the Government makes them a protected class, just to show the world what dicks these lefties are.

Its also piss poor understanding of the realities of American Law, government, and society.

It's another Jew trick trying to get conservatives to attack private businesses. It's working too because both sides are full of idiots.

not at all how antitrust regulations work.

^^^^ THIS^^^^

Do you support a company like lets say Walmart disallowing liberals to shop?
How about if they disallow blacks or hispanics to shop? Is that ok? Or is it only alright to discriminate based on political belief?

bake that cake

I purposely don't hire blacks or gays at my business. I don't tell them that's the reason I'm not hiring them. I just don't hire them

Of course not. You see, its wrong when it happens to them.

Bad thing happens to Conservatives?
> "Haw-haw! Drumpfy got a boo-boo!"

Bad thing happens to Liberals?
> "But muh principles and freedums! Fashiz Amuricuh! Why aren't there laws?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

They have a right to ban freedom of speech but that doesn't mean we have to like it.

This is why they need be defined as either a Tech Company (can censor at-will and not be responsible for the content) or a Publisher (regulated and responsible for the content published by you and I)

It's not so simple as you think son.

Let me know it you want an additional lesson on why this distinction matters (Tech Co. or Media Co.)

>They have a right to ban freedom of speech but that doesn't mean we have to like it.
no they dont

Thats not how it works.

If they valued freedom for themselves, they'd create a world in which they could experience it, which involves granting it to others.

But, these faggots hate freedom.

because its not just right-wing getting banned of facebook and youtube its centre left and right as well as a political channels

also nobody like censorship and what the left-wing are doing is censorship

The difference is that wasn't the largest anti gay bakery on the planet that destroyed all alternatives and uses it's monopoly over all cakes to ensure your grandma's birthday cake says "Fuck Faggots To Death"

All to create another platform for an establishment to parrot their lines.

Why are these journos such shills?

i don't crazy world we live in these days

yeah I'm sure you know all about american anti trust laws

I have a problem with it because Google/Youtube has a monopoly on internet searches and video hosting

Because the "Private" companies enjoy the protections from litigation that public utilities do when they claim to be a platform but act as a publisher. They can filter all the content they want but they can't larp as an open platform while doing it.

>He thinks any of these clowns are right-wing

Attached: 1426975519316s.jpg (237x250, 6K)

This Aussie said it right a day ago.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-12-12-36-03-1.png (1440x2403, 386K)

Attached: 1559761212462.png (610x610, 353K)