Tipping in the US

Why the hell should I pay my waiter/waitress because their boss won’t pay them?

twitter.com/itplol/status/1138229536380858368?s=21

Attached: 3CD616A0-F925-4A8B-9A6F-F11807BE3892.jpg (1125x1282, 322K)

You already give them the tip of your dick at birth, 5 cents are nothing new

Attached: 1491912903633.jpg (316x395, 28K)

Tipped positions make stupid easy money. Even if you have a table of niggers every hour you're still making great money for the amount of effort.

If their boss paid them, your food would cost more genius.

The offset cost in this respect is a great example of free market in action.

If you don't like it, go the fuck to Canada

>offset
except you're paying for the "discount" in food prices with your tip

would probably cost less overall without tipping though. Because owners aren't going to pay servers 2x-3x per hour what the rest of the staff earns. Menu prices would go up, but the overall cost of a meal (menu price + tip) would go down.

Friendly reminder if you plan on traveling to the USA.

You should clap too, just in case.

Attached: 1397033487720.png (1030x837, 377K)

$2.50/hr? Is that legal in burgerland?

>would probably cost less overall without tipping though. Because owners aren't going to pay servers 2x-3x per hour what the rest of the staff earns. Menu prices would go up, but the overall cost of a meal (menu price + tip) would go down.
But the advantage of the tipping method is that bad waiters/waitresses don't get tips, and therefore don't stay working in the job.

In the long run, you get a filtering of good talent staying the business because they're well paid.

I'd be insulted if someone gave me tips and would not accept it.

>$2.50 am hour
That's only if they are making more then minimum wage. If they don't make more then minimum wage there boss is required to pay them minimum wage
Why should I too some uptight bitch who only refills my water twice. Get a real job if you don't like it

yes its legal, but its not completely accurate to say that their wage is 2.50/hr

fed min wage is $8/hr. every employee must be paid at least that. With tipped employees, the employer can take a "tip credit" of up to 5.50/hr towards the employees pay, but only so long as the employee actually earns enough tips to cover that. Anything less than the employer has to make up the difference between actual tipped income and the actual wage.
This usually means that for a given pay period, typically 2 weeks, if the server didn't earn at least enough beween his 2.50/hr and his tips to average out to 8/hr, the employer has to make up the difference.
However, this rarely ever happens, as most servers make enough in tips to take home 2-3x minimum wage per hour. Only in failing restaurants with no business would a server repeatedly fail to take home enough in tips.
Fact is, the great majority of servers take home way more than any of the other employees, even the trained chefs, and often times more than the managers.

>In the long run, you get a filtering of good talent staying the business because they're well paid.
lol you obviously haven't worked in restaurants before..

Pssst if you tip them they hook you up stupid

>Muh free market

Tell me mutt, whats the normal tip you need to give in japan?

Several states have the regular minimum wage for waiters. Surprise, those waiters still demand the same tips.

Besides nothing beats a home cooked meal, cheaper and better for you as well. You also get to eat in peace without some thot being overly friendly.

So women are naturally better than men in waiting tables?

Why do they choose to work as servers if they make so little?

Obviously. I'm not a moron

> provides 1 drink refill
> brings you a single plate

WHERE'S MY $20 MATE?

This, most of them also don't deserve the money anyways. They're sitting in the back dicking around on there phone or smoking. You can make 1k/week at any busy chain restaurant. Niggers are annoying, but you should still make out ok even if you see an influx of them.

I don't know about that, maybe they are. I think it is, as with so many fields, that the top waiters will be men; but i'm sure there is something to be said for the value that a pair of tits has on your ability to satisfy a customer.

>not a moron
your prior economic analysis suggests otherwise

how much do they get paid?

No it doesn't, moron.

Can you please tell me how it is in any way better to pay 12 dollars for a 10-dollar item because you have to tip than it would be to simply have the item listed at 12 dollars and playing that?
American "tipping culture" is the most retarded shit ever.
And why the fuck should it be a percentage anyway? Bringing me the lobster isn't more work than bringing me the soup. If anything the soup is more difficult to carry.

Attached: tip1.jpg (612x844, 47K)

nigger tier reasoning...

Would the food cost 20% more?

Is that what Euros believe about tipping? Maybe it's just me but I never tip

You get way more tips if you are a woman than if you are a man, it has nothing to do with your ability.

According to ops image 2.5 usd per hour

>Make peanuts per hour
>Complain to the customer instead of the boss

??? This is why I go out of my way not to tip servers, what the fuck either protest or get a new job lol. I do tip on delivery if it's fast, hot and order not fucked up though.

It does though. If you're ugly and naturally unpleasant to be around, you're a bad waiter.

Tits are one way to satisfy a customer.

No, you really don't.

>hoping you're shitty service appeals to my sense of charity

Lmao, got some bad news for you

If you cry for some you are already worst than trash

I fucking hate servers. They bitch about not making any money ,but rake in the tax free cash. They don't report their tips which is fine with me. They then turn around and cry "$2.50/hr!" Everyone feels to guilty to not tip. So they feel entitled to the 20%. They throw shit fits when it doesn't go their way.

t. ex dishwasher

Another thing is that the market does not work there.
If a tip is more or less expected, the incentive value goes to zero, because only niggers or severely dissatisfied customers won't tip.
If a tip is a true extra, the effect is much stronger.

These people do not deserve your fucking tips. The dishwasher and the MALE who cleans the place have the hardest jobs and they get stiffed while Staceys and Miguels squeeze by on High School social cliques and doing cocaine with management.

Attached: images (2).png (570x538, 19K)

>Why the hell should I pay my waiter/waitress because their boss won’t pay them?
It's custom. I'm not saying it's a good custom, but that's what it is.
This is also the truth. They're making 5x what the cook in the kitchen is making to prepare and create everything just to carry it to the table. It's a bullshit scam setup for everyone involved.

those prices are fucking obscene. why the fuck would I tip $20 for fast food?

it depends on the location and environment
in a high end restaurant, the kind with $1000 bottles of wine, male waiters tend to make more. In that environment the waiters ability to inform and guide the diners significantly affects the experience, and men tend to be better at the details regarding those things.
in your chain restaurants like Applebees the women will have an advantage. Especially those who know upon who and when to work their charm. But its offset because the worst servers are also predominately women. Doesn't matter how hot you might be if you keep screwing things up it affects your tips.

growing up my buddy's mom was a waitress
i tipped her real good if you catch my meaning

Yea it's a fair point. I think even among white people though there is a fairly common practice of reducing the tip if the service is bad (and giving a big extra if service is good). That said, I agree with you, whites should be encouraged to be more judicious about how much they're giving.

I'm a cool. Waitresses at my restaurant earn 40-50k a year off tips. They always throw a fit whenever someone doesn't tip. I laugh a lot of them have had multiple abortions and have had multiple STDs. Gross sluts

lol yeah that graphic is absurd

I rather tip the chef or line cook if the meal is great. Not some waiter who just brings it to my table.

It should be a law that restaurants have to pay everyone they hire a minimum wage and no one should expect tips!

Tips are for excellent service not some waiter doing the bare minimum!

Here's a tip, get a real job.

>muh $2.50 per hour meme
Reminder that this is literally a lie. If you don’t make minimum wage in tips your employer has to make up the difference. And minimum wage is all you deserve for carrying food to tables

>and giving a bit* extra if service is good

Id vote for heavily no tipping being allowed at any restaurant in the USA.

Tipping reinforces standards and practices of white supremacy and patriarchal domination.

Americans, particularly Black Twitter, should be encouraged to follow the example of Scottie "No Tippin" Pippen in dismantling capitalist structures of oppression.

Attached: 275px-Lipofsky_Pippen.jpg (275x276, 24K)

Imagine having to tip

*the legal minimum wage

Worked in a restaurant for years everyone in the kitchen worked our ass off and only got about 12 an hour not a single tip.
Meanwhile 18-20 year old sluts were walking out with 200-300 every night for carrying a couple plates and standing around talking about the dick they got last night.
Fuck you and fuck waitresses.
The tips should go to the cooks and the ho's should make minimum wage.
That's all they deserve.
Fight me.

I really hate tipping. Especially when the server is barely around. I rarely go out to eat because I feel like I HAVE to tip. Will always just opt to order for takeaway.

Eh I phrased it badly. I meant that for the same ability, being a woman will get you more tips than a man, not that waitresses get tipped more than waiters no matter what.

How hard is it to screw up? Just take my order, bring out the food, refill water once or twice.

Canadian servers have it pretty good

$15/hour minimum wage, plus American-style tipping

In California tipped employees make at least minimum wage of ten dollars an hour.

>They receive $2.50 an hour

Wrong. They must always receive minimum wage. If they do not make this in tips then their employer must pay them minimum wage.

Regardless of how much they make in tips their employer must pay them a minimum amount however (this is about $2.50).

>Why the hell should I pay my waiter/waitress because their boss won’t pay them?
this.
In Europe we don't tip because waiters and cooks actually get paid something decent and not borderline slave labour

would you believe its actually against the law to let the entire staff split the tips if you pay them below minimum? i.e. if the employer takes the tip credit, the tips can't be pooled and shared with non-tipped employees like cooks or dishwashers.
A restaurant in my town got smacked hard for doing this, paid entire staff a flat $5/hr (not counting raises), and split tips evenly among the entire staff. Everyone was taking home $10-12/hr. They get nailed for including the cooks in that setup, and have to pay several hundred thousand in back wages. Had to shut down because of it.

>How hard is it to screw up?
oh you'd be surprised...

Maybe if food cost more, you're average American wouldn't be such a lardass

$2.50/hr-> $12/hr wage increase

Yeah, I just think it might. But hey, that's just my nigger tier reasoning

This is true nigger tier reasoning. Just kind of lobbed that one in there for me, thanks user.

>But the advantage of the tipping method is that bad waiters/waitresses don't get tips, and therefore don't stay working in the job.
It doesn’t work that way at all. Even for terrible service 10-15% is virtually mandatory. It incentivizes mediocre service because wait staff know they’re almost certainly getting tipped. I would also add that tipping promotes racial profiling because blacks are notoriously shit tippers

>Take plate
>Move it 10 feet

THAT'LL BE $15 EXTRA DOLLARS FOR MY SERVICE, SIR

Like fuck off dude, just put the plate on the counter, I'll pick it up myself
Fuck I'll even tip the cook

What the actual fuck is the point of a waiter?

Attached: i am a confuse.png (1174x881, 990K)

I pay wait staff 10/hr in 15minute increments and not based on tab total. It doesn’t require any more effort to carry a filet from the kitchen than it does a burger to the counter.

You're a moron if you think its real.

Attached: bait.gif (300x252, 2.79M)

Get a real job, why are we supposed to have sympathy for people that do meaningless jobs. If you're an adult working as a server you're a loser. Sound cloud rappers do more work than you lol.

>10-15% is virtually mandatory.
That's not a tip then; it's just a bigger price for the food.

When I say the tipping system is good, I mean the system where the customer optionally gives a bonus to the waiter

I just go to cafe style restaurants. Where I can sit all day and have no tip. 8 can get the drinks myself. Panera bread may be a bit more expensive, but no tipping.

based. /thread

thats not true at all, I have worked years in the restaurant industry. all that shit does is create more bitching in the back of the house. the bad waiters/waitresses do the bare minimum to not get fired. any the only way they get fired is fucking up royally or with handling money.

No shit you fucking moron. Have it built into the prices so nobody has to worry about it.

Then we don’t have a tipping system in the US, we have a gratuity system. The social pressure to tip is enormous, if you want to come back to a restaurant at all it’s basically mandatory, unless you enjoy piss in your food

>people stop going out to eat
>now you don't have a job

>they only make $2.50/hour
This is a LIE waitstaff attempt to perpetuate. No one legally employed makes less than the federal minimum wage.

>What the actual fuck is the point of a waiter?
in the majority of restaurants, very little. Ideally its more a role of table management...controlling the timing of each tables experience and its relation with the kitchen. But most servers don't even do that.
In a high end restaurant the server provides a needed service in addition to management of the dining experience, for they provide information and guidance regarding the food and drinks that most people will not have. At that level its way more than transporting food..hell the waiters in those places rarely even do that, they have food runners who do nothing but deliver food to the table.

You’re out of your league retard

it became retarded. tipping was originally done for two purposes. to help out waitresses down on their luck with a family, and to reward good service. now its just become mandatory, and if you dont tip you get bitched out in the back of the house by the server that waited on you.

This. My meal going well is much more dependent on the cook.

>You should have to subsidize someones shitty low wage

Attached: Cat3.png (681x449, 337K)

The idea is that waiters are supposed to be servers and provide evening long assistance for the diners.
Ill just back up this user because he beat me to it

>Dining experience

Why the fuck do you need an experience
It's just fucking food

Go on a roller coaster if you want an experience you fat fuck

Attached: 1558616878228.jpg (334x400, 36K)

Yes, they are naturally better at bringing sandwiches.

I'm 6'5'' with a 7 inch cock. Try me s.o.y.boy

>unless you enjoy piss in your food
they piss in your food no matter what you do

You don't tip and it will 300% be refused. The only place it might be accepted is at a pizza delivery, if you're white and don't speak Japanese.

Checked and foodpilled

No one should feel bad about what wait staff get paid in the US. Even mildly competent wait staff are some of the most highly paid blue collar workers in the US. If wait staff is not making 50-70k a year it is because they suck at their job.

because thats what a restaurant is selling, an experience involving food. the better experience you offer the more successful the restaurant will be.
experience doesn't mean it has to be novel or intense or unique--like a roller coaster. Every moment of your existence is an experience. The restaurant has to make those moments better while feeding the customer than the expense incurred by the customer (including opportunity costs of having a different experience elsewhere).

>they only make $2.50 an hour
1) Any weekly tipped wage that ends up below the federal minimum wage must be paid the difference
2) The average wage of a tipped worker is roughly $12 per hour
3) A multitude of states actually require tipped workers to be paid the state minimum wage, and the majority of states pay some sort of tipped wage that is above the federal minimum
If a tipped worker ever says that they're paid below minimum wage, it's an immediate outing that they're a lying, lazy asshole

Attached: 1555679932540.jpg (960x960, 86K)

Actually the employer has to make up the difference to at least the federal minimum wage if they don’t exceed that number in tips, so fuck that

>they only make $2.50/hr
Kike spotted. Only in same states can certain businesses count the waitress tips towards the minimum wage, and that is the choice of the business.

Here in WA you get the minimum wage guaranteed paid by the company, and you get your tips as well

servers around here almost never leave with less than $200 cash

>Go to self-serve frozen yogurt place
>pour my own yogurt
>add my own toppings
>all bitch at the counter does is ring me up
>credit card terminal has the gall to ask me how much I'd like to tip
What the FUCK exactly am I tipping for?

I cannot stand this new meme of non-sit down places adding an """"""optional"""""" tip at the end of your purchase so that you have to say no right in front of the wagie who's ringing you up. I'm seeing it more and more now.

Attached: 4726ed22fa686aeb06c9573a9296b23af831e5f5.jpg (380x250, 13K)

DONT TIP, the waiter will move to a better job when they cant make ends meat there.

It's called taking advantage of empathy.
This is one of the MAJOR CAUSES to the downfall of the white race.
We care too much.
We "feel bad"
And they know this so they play our emotional chords like a fiddle to extract $ from us.

Could be underpaid illegals? Cali?

I went to Japan like 12 years ago, and I can confirm. I ate at a little noodle shop and they rejected my tip

Stop being a nigger, act Asian, and don’t tip at all. You save the most money.