Can we talk about these two construction systems?

Can we talk about these two construction systems?
Why is lightweight construction preferred by US Americans while Europe and other countries in America use concrete?
I see a lot of nice houses in America/USA but it is my impression lightweight building is the norm, while European style houses use sturdier materials such as brick and mortar or concrete.
What is your opinion?

Attached: 1559483675132.jpg (1024x682, 176K)

Concrete blocks 5G.

Jews have infiltrated every facet of american life

Most pre-WW2 stuff was built a lot sturdier, but after WW2 they needed to put up a ton of suburban housing really quickly to accommodate the returning soldiers who were a) having a lot of kids and b) didn't want to live around niggers in the cities

So you guys have been building like that for decades in advanced so you can eventually get 5G?
Is timber really cheap in the US, given the fact you have such a large extension of forests?

Attached: A01E4978-0179-41D3-8F29-961A0B253AB6.jpg (359x478, 47K)

We use wood because it's easier to replace.

The true reason for the light construction industry is because the people don't own their land, they "reside" on the land, so the structures are supposed to be easily torn down to make the land easy to reclaim.

Others will give you a bunch of explanations, but mine is the simple truth that is not taught in Academia.

So it is the jews fault? That sounds reasonable.

Are houses built during that time still habitable? How well will lightweight construction last compared to brick and mortar or concrete blocks?

Based

Attached: F9CB2DE3-B828-49DA-A0B5-09952F7B06D1.jpg (600x419, 19K)

Yes, they're still habitable, but presumably they won't last 250 years like e.g. New England colonial houses

But wouldn't it be better to use longer lasting materials, as far as costs are concerned?
It is my impression that human labour is one of the most expensive costs associated with building?

in the USA, wood and tyvek paper is free.

Wouldn't it be more profitable to "reclaim" land with a house on it?

>It is my impression that human labour is one of the most expensive costs associated with building?

Money is based on a debt credit system, you need people to work in order to keep the system going, else it collapses.

No.

>Can we talk about these two construction systems?
Houses in the us and northern europe are built the same way. The only place they actually use bricks for struckture are in warm places in southern europe

Concrete homes are more expensive, harder to repair / modify, and more expensive to heat in most US climates, although in the southwest one could make an argument for building to maximize thermal mass.

>Jews have infiltrated every facet of american life

Lol it's not a Jewish conspiracy. If you want to build with concrete, go ahead and do it. Nothing stopping you

The codes say otherwise.

American Hank Hill types like to modify their house. We have the freedom to install our own toilets

I was reading about that Tyvek paper, not so common in houses in my country, but I've seen it being used for commercial buildings.
Is humidity a big concern with lightweight construction?

>american life

I've got bad news for you mate.

Do they even build the houses like that in cold places?

Low cost building means more profit for developers. The vast majority of Americans just want a big home anyways

Costa Rica is a jungle country, a Republic modeled after the Roman Civil law, you can build whatever the fuck you want if the government lets you, not so much what your lender let you do as in the US.

>The codes say otherwise.

Point me to where in the IBC concrete construction is prohibited.

Can you elaborate on why it isn't profitable?
How is it possible for an empty plot of land to have a higher value than one with a house on it?

You would have to be an idiot to take a half million dollar mortgage out to live in a glue press board shit box. There are ways to build with wood which are beautiful and elegant but tnis is not one of them.

All the houses in my state are concrete

Sven, your rickety fag cabins out in the woods are not indicative of modern construction techniques.
Most construction anywhere in Europe is made from concrete slaps with some kind of veneer on the outside.

>IBC
shop.iccsafe.org/media/wysiwyg/material/4116S09-toc.pdf

It depends on where you live.
California has dry heat and earthquakes.
Florida has high humidity and hurricanes.
New York has very hot summers and very cold snow winters.
These factors affect what materials you use when building homes.
Every state is different.

Doesn't it get cold?
It seems counterintuitive

Why is it so fucking hard to understand?

Wood and particle board is cheap as fuck.

Guess what Europeans. I can build a brick house. I can build a steel house. I can build a concrete house. You build what you want. Just give the money!

That is America. Build what you want with your money. Cheap gets cheap shit.

>The true reason for the light construction industry is because the people don't own their land, they "reside" on the land, so the structures are supposed to be easily torn down to make the land easy to reclaim.

Huh? The last fucking thing people want to do is tear down the existing structure. Why? If you add onto the existing structure, you don't have to bring the entire structure up to new code. Tear it down, and you have to build to the new (and more expensive) building/energy codes. Why do you post when you know nothing about construction?

Also, when was the last time you saw a bank or county reclaim land with a house and tear the house down? Never fucking happens. There will always be someone willing to buy at the right price. Tear downs only happen in the most extreme of situations.

What state do you reside in?

>Others will give you a bunch of explanations, but mine is the simple truth that is not taught in Academia.
Last five paragraphs.

Attached: TT Money Matters.png (632x2040, 503K)

A wood plank framed house can easily last over 100 years as long as the roof is maintained and it isn't hit by a tornado. Will it last 200? Probably not, but who cares.

I suppose it depends on the structure you’re talking about. It would be more expensive if you’re just going to demo the building and build a new one.

But I've seen pretty expensive houses built with lightweight construction systems. Cost can not be the only factor.

Because it is not about profit, look at it this way. You own everything, so once you are tired of people living on your land and you are able to get rid of them, what would you like the land to look like afterwards? Natural, that's what you would like for it to look like.

>e new (and more expensiv

Whatever, (((shill)))

>shop.iccsafe.org/media/wysiwyg/material/4116S09-toc.pdf

>The purpose of theConventional Construction Provisions of the 2009 IRC, An Illustrated Guideis to familiarize build-ing officials, building inspectors, builders, home designers, architects, and other interested parties with the conventionalconcrete, masonry, and light-framing provisions of the IRC through the use of commentary and illustrations.

Swing and a miss

US has typically used cheaper material. That's why we were able to innovate more during the industrial revolution while the rest of the world lagged behind.

in Europe they build big expensive machines that were built to last decades and needed to be fixed. In the US our machines were cheaper, which meant when one broke it got upgraded with a newer machine since it was cheaper than fixing.

It's going to depend on the area, but in highly valued places like Vancouver BC outside buyers are wanting a brand new house built on the plot. They don't want some shitty old looking single-level home or whatever, but something newer with lots of unnecessary angles and fake rock/brick siding. It's just cheaper to build that from scratch than it is to tear down a structure and then build on top of it.

It's also a lot easier to reno shitty wood houses which is great for the real estate people who flip houses all the time.

Unironically jews

Who else would buy up huge tracts of land and build the same 5 bedroom house 100 times over on it for 80k it cheap plywood and mexican labor then convince white people to spend 800k+ on that "luxury" home that wont last 50 years and will burn up in a wildfire anyway?

New construction real estate is one of the greatest rackets the jews have got going today.

All I want to say is

FUCK reinforced concrete.

Attached: 52287544-1FF9-48C2-8FBE-EF79293B6FD5.jpg (750x426, 133K)

Lie. You own your land if you pay it in full.
You're describing the system in Europe where you "lease" the land for 99 years.
Quite sad that you place a statement at the end of the lie to make it seem as if anyone else who disagrees with you isn't telling the truth.
How big is your nose?

Tear-downs happen all the time, especially if you can get your residential plots zoned to include small apartments. The "affordable housing" craze has led to tons of individual homes being bulldozed to create multi-unit housing or english-style duplexes/multiplexes.

>Because it is not about profit, look at it this way. You own everything, so once you are tired of people living on your land and you are able to get rid of them, what would you like the land to look like afterwards? Natural, that's what you would like for it to look like.

But this is precisely what does not happen when a bank, city or county seizes real estate. It goes up for auction. They don't tear down the house unless the structure is totally shot.

That is a poorly made wall.

Pine framing lumber is very cheap here.

Most are made with actual,plywood which is fine. This shit here though is garbage.

This, compared to the EU which must go by regulated standards.

Hell yea they do with about 8-12 inches thermal insulation. Roasty toasty in the winter, cool in the summer. Pol is full of dipshits who cant into construction. American building standards are the best in the world. Compare earthquake or flood/storm damage in US coastal and gulf cities and towns vs anyplace else on the planet (barring japan) that gets hit with similar events. Death toll and damage dollars is an order of magnitude less in every case (death often several orders of magnitude less.) Compare time to recover from storm damage and you're talking a place hit by a hurricane can be back up and running full steam within a year. Fuckin typhoons wipe south-east Asian cities off the map and they never come back.

>Tear-downs happen all the time, especially if you can get your residential plots zoned to include small apartments. The "affordable housing" craze has led to tons of individual homes being bulldozed to create multi-unit housing or english-style duplexes/multiplexes.

This guy's suggesting that wood framing is used because da joos want to easily level structures when they "reclaim" land and bring it back to a natural state. No shit, tear downs happen when someone realizes they can make more money with a bigger/newer structure, but they don't wood frame to make it easier for da joos to raise the structure.

Despite the constant euro kvetching, the American system is objectively superior. The Dutch government put together some information for use in quantitative risk assessments in which it says that at just 15 kPa, euro cuck shacks become "uninhabitable" while American system houses sustain "minor to moderate" damage.

Attached: 9GB5A4DEF21H367C.png (908x629, 273K)

>as far as costs are concerned?
No

McHouses are cheap, fast, and easy to build, and are the envy of the world

Attached: 1560214173726.png (680x537, 135K)

No he’s talking about the fact that if you miss a tax payment they get your land.

You are thinking in the wrong time scale, (((THEY))) think in generations time scale.

>Excerpt from a brainlet shitpost guide to history copyright 4chins pol

>Pol is full of dipshits who cant into construction. American building standards are the best in the world.

This. And if these faggots want to build a tilt-slab concrete box that can withstand a hurricane, no building code will stop them.

Big buildings in urban places should be built to last.
Houses can be built out of wood though, if it makes them cheaper and nicer/bigger.

The two main advantages to wood homes is that they are easier to renovate, and cost less to build. Americans like to edit/personalize their homes, building entire new rooms, removing walls, changing plumbing and wiring, etc. Also, America has a lot more seismic activity than Europe, and wood is safer for this because it has a higher degree of flex.

So is it actually easier to heat a lightweight building vs a concrete one?
Heating and air conditioning aren't as necessary in my country given the tropical weather. AC in houses is relatively scarce unless the zone it is extremely hot.

The real issue is when the foundation was done by some cheapshit Mexican crew that doesn't do anything to standard. That's where you get those horror pictures of houses falling apart.

>AC in houses is relatively scarce
3rd world confirmed

We have to import cement dust from Columbia South America... we have trees local

tornadoes and shit

Does concrete irradiate heat into the ambient? Heating is not necessary here, and it is a factor I hah not considered.

Tear downs are common in some markets. Especially prewar downtown areas with 1000 foot two bedroom houses in small, mid size cities.

>You are thinking in the wrong time scale, (((THEY))) think in generations time scale.

Stop, just stop. I asked you to show me where in the IBC masonry is banned, and you posted a preface to a building code guide that explicitly calls for concrete, masonry, and light framing.

>Does concrete irradiate heat into the ambient?
Do you into thermodynamics? Anything warmer than the air will transfer heat into it.

Because thats the epitome of Americanism.

No long lasting legacy, culture, history...

Lease a land, build a cuckshed, live on it for 40 years, make family there, memories etc then you die, your lease goes away, bank destroys your cuckshed, builds a new one and new person comes in.

Same way their immigration works, for decades part of town was irish, then italian, then niggers and now spics.

Thats America for you, no soul, no legacy, no culture.

Swedish government starts to build cuck-sheds for immigrants and immigrants tell them to fuck-off. So what does government does? Renames it "Modern Swedish Architecture" and "allows" handful of chosen Sven-cucks to inhabit it so they resign from normal apartments.

The cost of most expensive homes is the location. An acre of empty land in san fran is worth a million dollars.

>Does concrete irradiate heat into the ambient? Heating is not necessary here, and it is a factor I hah not considered.

Yes, it has a high thermal mass. Ideal for sunny environments with cold nights (desert).

>Tear downs are common in some markets. Especially prewar downtown areas with 1000 foot two bedroom houses in small, mid size cities.

Sure, in markets where there is money in putting up a new structure when you factor in demo costs. This dumbass is suggesting wood framing is used to make teardown easier because da joos are coming to take you land and level it.

>Same way their immigration works, for decades part of town was irish, then italian, then niggers and now spics.
>Thats America for you, no soul, no legacy, no culture.

Hotdamn, boi, tell it like it is will ya!

Well its a little complicated, but jews are involved. Essentially there is a lot of existing unused housing but most of the new housing goes to affluent immigrants. That housing tends to be relatively cheap and is designed to just make a quick buck. The same thing also happens when people score local government developments for things like affordable living to offset homelessness or drug use or whatever.

Jews have a direct interest in selling people things that are going to break down relatively quickly, or which have resale value which these do because of their nature. Jews basically skim off the top of transactions, so if they can get a % off the initial sale, then a % off a resale, etc etc its better to use these cheaper buildings.

tl;dr
Jews don't want people buying homes that last 100 years and giving them to their kids.

Tyvek a weather proofing layer. Helps block the wind as well so the house is more energy efficient.
Moisture is a concern since it will cause wood to rot.

>sub human posting
lol

Why would you buy AC if temperatures usually remain within comfortable ranges?
My country is a third world country, mind you, but thats not the reason people don't use AC.

>Jews don't want people buying homes that last 100 years and giving them to their kids.
>wanting to live in a 100 year old house
lol

If you actually permit your building so it's up to code it doesn't matter who does the implementation. Lots of really capable Mexican laborers have built tons of residential homes. But yea, if you're expecting Juan Nobody in his '96 Honda accord to build your house for less than minimum wage with no concern for code requirements you'll probably get a shitty house.

Concrete blocks are cheaper than bricks here.

Attached: ef028b3a7d05e63b6bd99b07d1700485.jpg (760x905, 129K)

>usually
Because "usually" isn't "always"

>Jews don't want people buying homes that last 100 years and giving them to their kids.

Nothing is stopping people from building with concrete, other than added cost. And if you're suggesting da joos are inflating concrete cost, you're nuts. The concrete industry is fucking cutthroat, like all industries where you're basically just mixing readily available raw material and selling in bulk to contractors who will switch suppliers over as little as $1/yd discount.

But I've seen multiple instances of concrete buildings surviving being hit by tornadoes while all the lightweight buildings get leveled.
Also, how much of a problem are termites when you live in a wood frame house?

Yeah generations in the same house on the same land is for fags. I prefer to languish in an apartment next to spics, beating off to hentai until I give up and kill myself, personally.

That's the spirit

>Dutch government
>using English
>going against basic facts known to a peasant
doubt.jpg

>But I've seen multiple instances of concrete buildings surviving being hit by tornadoes while all the lightweight buildings get leveled.
Doubt. Though not all tornadoes are equal
>Also, how much of a problem are termites when you live in a wood frame house?
Just get the wood treated ffs

The chinks have a common phrase for "you get what you pay for." Too many buildings get contracted out to Jose's team for a 1/3rd the price per sqft. Saving that does them no good when 2 months later the crown molding is more perpendicular than parallel with the base.

I will take your opinion with a grain of salt, given that you are not in America.

Most home purchases are financed through banks which absolutely take into account things like the resale value of the home, etc. The banks are less likely to credit you on a home that they don't think is a very good asset, insofar as homes are assets. In theory if you were a millionaire you could build your house out of whatever you want but that isn't the normal home buyer experience.

That hits the nail on the head. Timber is relatively cheap, abundant. It sort of becomes a self fulfilling cycle after a bit. Everyone grew up in a wooden house, builders know/are trained in building wooden homes, so the obvious choice is to choose wood when building. Nobody in this generation is thinking about building a home or estate their great grandchildren will raise their children in. Hell, the way housing is, I doubt many people buy/build their "forever home" until mid 40s

>when you're so retarded you convince yourself misconceptions are facts
>when you're such a retard that you can imagine why a industry standard would be translated into multiple languages
>when you're a sub human nigger monkey

I know that, but is it that bad of a heat loss compared to insulated wood frame housing?
Also, I think you can also insulate concrete.

This mutt has no culture and doesn't understand architecture.