Car Sales Are Slipping Into Recession-Level Decline

Jeez, almost like trying to sell broke people expensive overly complicated shit that'll be worthless when the warranty ends is a bad idea

jalopnik.com/car-sales-are-slipping-into-recession-level-decline-1835480712/amp

Attached: Screenshot_20190613-111821__01.jpg (1080x1803, 428K)

Have an old lexus my mom gave me, still fucking running. Why spend money or take out a loan on another car?

Although I wouldn’t mind getting a porsche for shits and giggles.

It's their own fault. They did away with affordable cars. Something as basic and utilitarian as a base level pickup or jeep now has to be all luxury filled and cost $30k. Now everybody either buys old cheap cars the government doesn't want you to have or they perpetually lease.

To build your credit goyim, how else can you buy a house? It's how the economy works.

>They are all way over priced
Then add the Financing scam and its just way better to buy used. New cars are a terrible investment. Its for transportation nothing else. That said, New cars are fucking sweet as fuck that first month or so.

Well, no shit... who wants to $80,000 for a Honda Civic

Leasing is the new buying.

Just like renting an apartment and moving to a cheaper place when they raise the rent every few years. It's the future.

Modern cars are awful. Everything is electronic, so often there is no fixing problems by yourself; you need expensive replacements parts and certified professionals.
And they're fucking flimsy. Old cars used to be good for DECADES if maintained well, but the modern shit degrades all-around until you reach a point after a couple of years where the car can't be repaired at all, because it would be cheaper to just buy a new one.

Checked for planned obsolescence.

The only people who buy new cars are retards and rich people.

Pic related can be found in good condition for $3000 all day long.

It's fucking bulletproof and will run for 300k with no issues and gets 28 mpg

Attached: CAB00HOC011A0101.jpg (830x501, 39K)

get that rice burner outta here

There's too many cars already. What a waste of resources and inefficient method of mass transportation for the sake of personal convenience and status.

>tfw had the same car for over 15 years
>it's still more reliable than my friends cars that are >5 years old

Attached: 1479224781453.jpg (590x350, 34K)

>"Although I wouldn’t mind getting a porsche for shits and giggles."

Yeah, see, this is boomer logic....except they actually have the money to do it.

the best way to fight against the jew system is not to participate in it. Buy used vehicles from owner. Buy used electronics from mom and pop pawnshop. Buy used clothing, DVDs from thrift store. grow as much of your own food as possible. If you feel the need to eat out do so at a no name diner

Niggers haven’t ruined public transport in Spain like they have here

people are already broke as fuck, in debt up to their eyeballs and maxed out and all Trump's 'great economic' gains have been for the 1% and wallstreet with the little guy getting meme increases in their 401k's. I mean it doesn't help that brand new cars cost like 35-50K at this point.

$75K for a fucking pickup truck, wow, I wonder why sales are slipping... That being said, in my little rust belt town, I still see brand new trucks and cars all the time. I still happily drive my well maintained 2001 though, with zero interest in a new vehicle..

Attached: Fury.jpg (1322x852, 415K)

Your German cars are the worst offenders. In my last VW I had to remove the fucking engine to replace a god damn headlight.

>make every car a luxury vehicle
>trucks for example are like 40k now
>wow wtf why is no one buying cars?

>There's too many bicycles already. What a waste of resources and inefficient method of mass transportation for the sake of personal convenience and status.

American cars are shit.

Modern cars are shit, my next automobile will be a ‘90s Land Cruiser.

the financing is another thing that's fucking outrageous. they've literally adopted the same tactics that caused the housing crisis by providing loans for everybody and what used to be normal standard 3-4 year terms now they stretch to like 6-8 years or more so everyone can afford a ridiculously overpriced car

The newest version of my car costs 25x what I paid for mine. I dont see a point in getting one for 5 more mpg and a tablet in the dash

Kek, my buddy's VW had a reusable plastic oil filter that cracked every couple years and cost like $40, he dreaded changing his oil. And the disposable part inside was just as expensive as my older car's regular filter.

My friend got a 7 year loan on a 8k car its absurd

Don’t even talk about VW. I had one and that piece of shit would have a problem every month. A single part breaks and it cost 1000 dollars to replace

I have a non prime amazon credit card for that.

>Porsche

You fucking feminine retard

Bicycles have far less drawbacks than cars do though

Attached: sCvRIEd.gif (703x527, 1.11M)

To be fair the government played a big part in driving up the cost of cars with increased regulations for both safety and emissions.

We live in a debt based economy, people not racking up huge debts is bad for the economy. I think the average length for a new car loan is 7 years.

VWs are some of the worst cars you can buy

same problem with cars happens with apartments.

they only build LUXURY highrises now, and charge above market value to renters, who simply get a cheap car, and commute to work from cheaper rentals outside the metros.

what you end up with is a massive supply of luxury good rotting on shelves, and eventually the prices have to drop.

Thats why in austin tx, (((they))) keep saying the city is growing rapidly and the population is in the millions to attract foreign investments, when anyone that lives there knows those massive highrises they built are empty, as you can see zero lights on at night.

People are leaving big cities for georgia or louisiana , and the urbanites move to houston or dallas.
The renal bubble is gonna burst as wel and soon well all be living in full amenity apartments with 3 months of free rent with 18month doscounted leases.

Unlike you cucks we value individual freedom.

Go eat some bugs, goy.

you can have both you know

A Bicycle is the least efficient form as mass transportation.
Prove me wrong.

I wonder where your hand-me-down comes from, retard.

The American credit score system is so obviously a huge scam. No where else does it.
Do you have an income, a deposit and you havnt defaulted on other loan payments? You are able to get a mortgage.

That only happens if you keep rolling old loans into new ones.

rental car fleets

Gens Y and Z don't give a shit about cars. If it runs and has air conditioning, good enough. Boomer investors BTFO.

I had a 2000 bmw, 25mpg, and the window motors died every 4 months and cost 200 dollars each. the car itself was worth 2k.

hahahaha boomers aren't going to have a happy retirement after all

>public transport
>in America
I hope you like niggers, mentally ill, and homeless people. Sometimes all at the same time

>individual freedom is having to own a car to get anywhere
How are you more free if you have less choice?

Pic related, the absolute state of the average American city

Attached: azl41bwu0j821.jpg (1479x964, 374K)

This will be an interesting trainwreck. Ive been seeing it coming for awhile. They are giving away car loans to anyone with a hand out. Whats more interesting is the auto industry switching to producing mostly expensive trucks and crossover vehicles now. Totally misled market at this point.

My transportation cost me €1000 and lasted 5 years with no additional costs. I dont have to wait and its faster than a car. Guess what it is?

>Sim City music starts playing

I can drive to nome alaska turn around and drive to orlando florida any time I want

VWs are great signifiers of retards, tho

around here you always see balding 30-something men driving VW compacts like the GTI or GLI or whatever the fuck, and it's uncanny. They are all bald/balding and wear euro league soccer jerseys, and have fake german front license plates. Driving a VW basically broadcasts to the world that you are a total wanker.

The other bracket are clueless women who work as school teachers and bought it because it was "cute".

they are abysmal cars in terms of reliability and are horrible to work on, plus the parts are all 3x what their japanese equivalent would cost.

Attached: complete retardation.png (949x632, 663K)

That picture was taken in 1978

Attached: 606094BE-47EF-4594-86B5-CB9DB9CFE9C4.jpg (160x160, 19K)

You know that people survived for tens of thousands of years before the car was invented, right?

It's barely improved since then, though. How many American cities don't even have a passenger rail network?

My dad recommended me to buy a new car rather than a used one because the used one has an unknown history. Is he right or is he a boomer retard?

I believe it was created as a means of shutting niggers out of the system without being called out for discrimination.
That still happens, but banks are protected legally through the credit system.

And as it turns out, those with the lowest credit scores tend to be niggers who don't pay their bills.

Yeah they got killed by indians and disentary trying to travel anywhere

Attached: 9-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-oregon-trails-featured-photo.jpg (768x432, 42K)

Literally everywhere, you stupid fuck.

I was blown away looking at Ford Truck prices this year, over 70k for a loaded truck. No thank you, I'll buy a 10 year old F150 without the a/c seats.

Boomer retard but sounds like you couldnt change your own oil so you will be fucked either way.

Buy a used car that has a service log book and was serviced by the manufacturer. You should be getting what you buy.

Car sales have less to do with "muh recession" and more to do with a tapped out market. They went on a car selling spree for a decade, anyone who could qualify for a loan got one, and they lowered the bar so much that was pretty much "anyone with a pulse". Same thing for credit cards, cell phones, etc.

Yeah shit was slow as fuck.

The benefits of not having niggers never seems to end.

Good. Why the fuck would I buy any new vehicle that has it's price vastly inflated because they all come with garbage tech packages that are marked up to hell and back?

I was looking at a new truck a couple years ago, even the base model had a $2k tech package. Why would anyone pay 30k plus when you can buy a 30 year old truck in decent condition for $3k and then pay a mechanic at most $10k to make it run like it's brand new.

(((Debt based economy)))

Attached: CB704BB3-9439-4BD2-8404-8D9B2F2F6041.png (501x585, 172K)

You yuropoors really don't understand how big America is
And really that extends to anyone living in a city

Old cars are great.

>boomers aren't going to have a happy retirement after all

nope.
thats why they ban abortions , not because "muh jesus"

they cant afford a population replacement level lower than it already is, simple as that.

Boomers had less kids than thier parents who had on average 5
Genx had on average 2-3
Millenials arent even getting married or buying houses anymore, and the only people with children in high numbers are tax sponge single mother populations who cant afford shit and have so many tax exemptions it means that boomers social security is being paid by barely anyone.

Every city has greyhound and its a bigger network than anything europe has

Attached: 77af3d42ddbe9c3fd702f3785c935c90.png (1024x753, 457K)

Show me a modern picture of that same area, and I’ll judge if you’re right

Because of the hive mind and boomers buy their last car/truck.
Every Boomer I know has bought a new car or truck in the past 5 or so years. their " last car " before they die.
The auto sector is about to be hit every hard, and hit record low sales, they time to buy a car/truck is coming if you didn't join in on the hive mind already.
Just wait it out, cars/trucks are about to get really cheap.

>borrowing to buy a car.
But why?

It because of the rise of Uber/Lyft.

>t. bugman

Attached: C1054F3A-65D9-4B7A-8BA1-DDDAE9561AA1.jpg (500x702, 72K)

My '99 ranger has never broken down, only ever needed regular maintenance and tires, and gets better mpg than most new "commuter" type vehicles especially in city conditions.

go bike to Alaska you silly muslim

Just because your country is large doesn't mean that you have to sprawl out your city as far as possible. A good example of "just because you can do something doesn't mean you should"

I'll have you know I drove a GTI BEFORE I even started to shed hair.

Cash for clunkers didn't help things along at all. It took a lot of used cars out of the market. Used cars are a joke now. Want to buy a used car? Have a budget of around $5,000? Good luck buying anything less than 10 years old.

When I bought a car last year. I was surprised that they start offers with 72 months and 84 month terms instead of the more common 60 month term.
They try to sell you the idea that it's cheaper per month and the false sense of security that the car being purchased will actually last more than 4-5 years.
Car industry has been in trouble since 2017, it's not an indicator of bad times ahead but it certain is the canary in the coal mine.

>It because of the rise of Uber/Lyft.

no its because inflation vs median wage is so fucked hat putting money in the banks are a bigger risk than burying it

Majority of Americans are retards with money. There are poors who take out loans on TVs at Walmart and stuff

No one wants to go to Alaska at all from what I understand.

I have savings. I can buy things with that. Then I dont pay the interest jew.

>a slave to the car industry calling others cucks
lmao

Because that immediate capital you have to purchase that car can be used to create more money? It's pretty stupid to buy anything up front if you have that much money saved up.

>getting a porsche

Used boxster.

amazingly those things sell like hotcakes. they've basically turned high end trucks into luxury cars. my uncle has a King Ranch, it's one of the nicest and most comfortable vehicles I've ever been in.

boomers and oil field retards buy those things up like crazy. basic work trucks are still around $30,000 because of the depreciation rules set by the federal government for work vehicles.

>Just because your country is large doesn't mean that you have to sprawl out your city as far as possible.

americans value their space. and big cities and suburbs and small towns are scattered everywhere.

>Why don't you live right on top of each other like we do

Because FREEDOM. You fucking serf.

>Good luck buying anything less than 10 years old.

you can buy a solid 2014 civic for 5000 on facebook

That's retarded.

Now tell them about the unincorporated townships..

Ford will sell you a car WITH NO INCOME. I know two people who did it. If you can put down $2k, you can drive off the lot in a new car.

>having everything you need conveniently within walking distance makes you less free
???

Never been happier than when I got my electric motorbike.

Well, that's how you use money to make money.

I don't even want to drive