Christians: Opinions on Buddhism?

I've always considered myself a Christian and a follower of Christ, but I'm conflicted. I find the teachings of Buddhism very interesting. The idea of the dissolution of the ego always interested me the most specifically. I find the accounts of deep mediation, the concept of Nirvana, and the enlightened states of awareness and being to be extremely interesting.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pHn2zFU6-zY
buddhanet.net
accesstoinsight.org
vocaroo.com/i/s18uXiTXZJbm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Spiritual ally.

if they hate kikes and mudshits they're ok

>The idea of the dissolution of the ego always interested me the most specifically.

Ego cannot be dissolved, instead it should be embraced and increased to a maximum (Trump) where you do the right thing with it..
Let this kike tell you
youtu.be/pHn2zFU6-zY

I can't say that I'm more than an enthusiast but embracing many Buddhist ideas seems like a good idea even for a Christian. On it's own I see Buddhism as a step in the right direction, but not enough.

Give this a try.

Attached: 222652.jpg (308x475, 31K)

Watch buddhist debate christians

It's nihilistic and anti-human. I admire it's ethics, but those ethics are fundamentally grounded on selfish principles of "If I don't cause suffering, I can escape life entirely".
Christianity is life affirming and optimistic. Through belief in God and through Christ's redemptive acts, we can become better people in the here and now, and achieve oneness with God in the hereafter.

thats kinda how i see it. I really like Christianity because it tells you how to live moreso than buddhism it seems. Christianity describes the moral fabric and logos of existence which we can use to guide ourselves. Buddhism seems to explain *what* "it" is

No it isn’t, they are pagans.
No what’s wrong with you? Are western Christians really this lukewarm and loose? Buddhism is Asian polytheism, it’s filthy. They bow to iron statues and unlike Catholics they do it knowing full well it’s a stone, not representing anything. Go look up Buddhist temples. They are no different than the disgusting Hindus. They pretend to be so philosophical but they are religious too. And their philosophy is nonsensical heresy. They sit around talking about balance and ego and meditation, it’s all worldly. It’s an obsession with worldliness. Why do you wonder all these yoga whores are into Hinduism and Buddhism? It’s vague and has no rules, any degenerate animal could apply their selfishness to it. Islam is a far more superior heresy to these polytheistic jokes.

I find it nice in the most basic, day to day, sense. I don't feel like it goes much deeper.

Buddhism is was not formulated as a religion, but rather as a philosophy. It later got turned into kind of a religion for cultural reasons. Philosophically, there is not much conflict between Christianity and Buddhism. Also, Buddhism predates Christianity by 5 centuries. Main difference is Buddhism believes in reincarnation, and Christianity does not. However, IMO, if some form of reincarnation was proved to exist (not to lower life forms), I don't think Christianity would be impacted that much. Other than in a few arguable statements, the Bible does not address reincarnation.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

FPBP

>lying memeflaggot
go figure

I am not the first Buddha who came upon Earth, nor shall I be the last. In due time, another Buddha will arise in the world - a Holy One, a supremely enlightened One, endowed with wisdom in conduct, auspicious, knowing the universe, an incomparable leader of men, a master of angels and mortals

-Buddha

Attached: 1555568338188.png (629x960, 1.31M)

I find teaching of the Buddha superior to any religious beliefs.
You can look up Amitabha Buddha -- West Pure Land Buddhism, which may be closer to Christianity,
or just look up the Noble Eightfold Path.

Be careful what you read though on the internet. There's a lot of New Age bullshit and jew subversion that sells as Buddhism, but has nothing in common with it.

buddhanet.net and accesstoinsight.org are legit sources.

Avoid any sorts of blogs/bloggers, they are the New Age bullshiters or jews, you can recognize them with rainbow-colored chakra things, any sorts of "healing"-something, words like: astral, chakras, energies, etc.
All this is bastardized/westernized yoga, hinduism, buddhism. It's a cancer.

>They sit around talking about balance and ego and meditation, it’s all worldly. It’s an obsession with worldliness.

I dont think its worldly at all. I'm pretty sure It's the exact opposite actually. The goal of Buddhism and the idea of the disassociation with your ego is to reach and discover that divinity. Except that divinity doesn't manifest itself as an omnipotent being rather a collective consciousness that is the source of all consciousness and awareness

>Islam is a far more superior heresy to these polytheistic jokes.
The snake shows his true colors

Attached: modradMuslim.jpg (540x405, 62K)

vocaroo.com/i/s18uXiTXZJbm

Attached: 0e5d42fcf03c8753365a5c7a415e6ee116c8109bd746dddc4382e9a8bf121ccd.png (1584x1937, 947K)

It all comes down to the same ideas, nirvana is the garden of eden, meditation is being at peace with god (nature and the universe and how it is despite its chaotic nature). I think Buddhism was able to explain things more clearly. Modern christinaty seems simplified, but Gnosticism has simlar complexity and richness of Buddhism that didn't prolong in the west.

Attached: mandara.jpg (430x323, 66K)

Buddhism, the forgiveness of Christianity, but without all the theist aspects.

Karl jung called this ego inflation "individuation". The pop culture ego-death trend is a psyop to make a bunch of fucking pussy men with no convictions.

Also,drug abusers use this as an excuse to abuse drugs like degenerates, you know, "i need my ego to die so i can be at one with the universe" or whatever retarded feverdream bullshit they spout.

>Buddhism believes in reincarnation
That is because foundation of Buddhism is belief [at first]* in karma -- law of cause and effect. Logically you could not be born out of nothing, so there had to be something before.
Nibbana -- the final liberation is freedom from causality, freedom from karma.

*- if you follow the Noble Eightfold Path, you are able to experience/witness how karma works, so you won't need to believe, you will know without doubt.

They are the same religion

you should investigate the teachings of dolpopa or taranatha if you're interested in christianity

>that pic

wasn't Tesla a devote christian?

Buddhists are based, we may follow different holy figures but we share the end goal of making life less shitty for other people. Hopefully God makes an exception for them and lets them in heaven, or if we end up being wrong, vice versa. Live a good life, and treat others with kindness and respect.

Kinda. His father was an Orthodox priest. If not Christian per se, he definitely became more spiritual in his later years.

So you dont think there is any spiritual significance to substances like DMT or mushrooms? I kind of agree with your sentiment but Im open minded ya know

the Truth is the Truth

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Spirituality =/= Dogmatic Theology

2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Attached: 12312413q32.jpg (850x400, 99K)

Yes fully agree, Ty for the input
trying to remove ego is self castration for a man.

I t seems to me that psycodelics are nothing more than deception. It is like people saying that they drive better when drunk.

that's actually the opposite, if you read the dhampadda it talks about sin. Thervada buddhism talks about hell, sin and spirits.

Christianity is a lot closer to Buddhism than you could imagine.

If you ever want to explore other religions, Buddhism and Hinduism are safe territories. There is nothing evil about them, they don't contradict Christianity, they have never done any harm to Christians in the past 2000 years.

Exactly. Even if many acts are similar, Buddhists do them for selfish reasons whereas Christians do them for selfless reasons.

have you ever actually done, psychedelics?

You are both wrong, and should not speak about Buddhism anymore.

No. They sound like the very opposite of faith. However it makes you feel, abusing our brain chemistry can not be the truth.

Pick up an old book call What the Buddha Taught, 1958. That has the basic tenets of Theravada Bhuddism. The theories about karma are not what most people think. I love traditional Buddhist philosophy.

Then you'll never understand the appeal of them. I'm a Christian and have experimented with them a handful of times. Mushrooms in particular are extraordinary. I havent done them in a long time, but I remember taking an 1/8 and the visuals of geometric patterns and fractal patterns are what make me second guess their significance. It's hard to explain, like when you are sitting on a park bench and looking at the sidewalk in front of you and you can see these insanely sophisticated geometric patterns morphing in front of your eyes it makes you reconsider the idea that its more than just a chemical reaction. Could be wrong though, like I said I keep and open mind and consider the possibility of integrating the potential significance of them with my religious beliefs

i dont think of Buddhism as a religion at all
i see it as mind gym mixed in with religious rituals
i like abstract math (my use of the world abstract) as in infinity, plus infinity, minus infinity, zero, dividing zero, root of negative one...
Politically, they are the easiest to get along with if your intentions are neutral towards them or good towards them
Philosophy is also not to be mixed with religion and politics, philosophy is something much more abstract and complicated, full of wonders and possibilities
i cant express what i want to say because im not eloquent enough