Get woke, go broke

Oberlin college now has to pay the Gibson bakery over 44 million dollars in damages

Attached: getwoke.png (1199x929, 843K)

Other urls found in this thread:

americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/ohoh_oberlin_colleges_insurance_company_says_their_policy_doesnt_cover_the_huge_verdict_against_them_.html
fox8.com/2019/06/13/oberlin-college-owes-family-owned-bakery-more-than-44-million/
forbes.com/sites/evangerstmann/2019/06/13/ohio-jury-hits-oberlin-college-with-ferocious-and-illegal-punitive-damages/
toledoblade.com/local/education/2019/06/13/jury-hits-oberlin-with-31-million-punitive-damages-bakery-protests/stories/20190613148
legalinsurrection.com/2019/06/oberlin-college-hit-with-maximum-punitive-damages-capped-at-22-million-by-law-in-gibsons-bakery-case/#more-286093
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
GET FUCKED MARXIST FAGGOTS

Attached: 1550330431571.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

Based laughter. All Hail.

Attached: HonklerHolohoax.png (500x684, 162K)

based ohio

Attached: 15473821792.gif (300x196, 2.42M)

Is there a link?

I remember watching the livestream from the news of the protest that started this. Good for the bakery, they deserve the win.

I'm sure Oberlin will appeal the decision though.

Attached: Approval2.jpg (1020x742, 131K)

>Triple damages.
The moment you realize your far left college exists within a red state and its backward jury pool.

Attached: Joker Burns Money The Dark Knight (2008) Movie Clip_1.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

Wonder how high their tuition's gonna spike.

>NOOOOOOOOO YOU MUST BAKE THE CAKE BIGOT

Attached: 1559700176858.jpg (233x217, 9K)

Now the bakery needs to not waste this thug life moment. Bake the college a sympathy cake for their devastating loss. The cake should read "we used 1/1,100,000th of the money you gave us to bake this cake"

All Gibson bakery ever wanted was an apology. I guess that the geniuses at Oberlin aren't as smart as they think they are.

What happened to spark this lulz delivery? All I know is that they caught a groid shoplifting. Quick rundown?

Look up the story on your own as I just did before I rake you leaf.

>Oberlin college now has to pay the Gibson bakery over 44 million dollars in damages
>Wonder how high their tuition's gonna spike.

Unfortunately, their insurance company will pay the fines and whittle them down to pennies on the dollar.
Now they may fire Oberlin as a client afterwards and that may make it hard for Oberlin to get new insurance though...

Now. Will they ever see a penny? Doubt it.

I don't if the appeal is denied. I work at a bank and run deposits of settlements and damages payments all the time.

Google it and read it for yourself. Lazy bastard.

Why can't they just bake the cake?

Attached: 1545366385954.jpg (1024x740, 177K)

Oberlin has assets of over $1 billion, so they will be able to pay. If they want to appeal, under Ohio law they have to pay the amount of the judgement to the court first.

Fippity bippity

Attached: 71851998-3D0D-48A8-BF24-D99D812D1123.jpg (447x438, 16K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1504767345395.jpg (200x200, 10K)

>Unfortunately, their insurance company will pay the fines and whittle them down to pennies on the dollar.

There is a possibility the insurance won't cover it
americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/ohoh_oberlin_colleges_insurance_company_says_their_policy_doesnt_cover_the_huge_verdict_against_them_.html

Also people asking about link to original story, here it is:
fox8.com/2019/06/13/oberlin-college-owes-family-owned-bakery-more-than-44-million/

>under Ohio law they have to pay the amount of the judgement to the court first.
Wow so they are utterly BTFO arent they

Yep lol

Ha, it was $11 million originally.
I saw someone say it's nothing as they have $1 billion endowment. If that was taken into consideration, it's probably why it was bumped up. Also opens the door more litigation and keeping people from donating.

Wholesome stories on Jow Forums.
You are always shit Jow Forums but Some times, some times.

Attached: ma duck.png (425x451, 223K)

>americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/ohoh_oberlin_colleges_insurance_company_says_their_policy_doesnt_cover_the_huge_verdict_against_them_.html
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
LOOK AT THIS DUDE

Attached: A54D177F-9600-4A26-ACB1-8F2E20E8E434.jpg (470x470, 31K)

just tell us what happened you retarded fucking faggots holy shit

Wait, is this the bake the faggot cake guys?

>Ohio

Attached: 1538713842215.jpg (750x811, 72K)

>oberlin going under
>evergreen going under
>mizzou going under
i don't really buy the "college is just an indoctrination camp" stuff most of the time but these small liberal arts colleges really are just full of angry menopausal feminists venting and projecting onto impressionable kids. i'm glad to see them getting fucked over

No.

This guy thinks it's illegal

forbes.com/sites/evangerstmann/2019/06/13/ohio-jury-hits-oberlin-college-with-ferocious-and-illegal-punitive-damages/

This warms my heart. Fuck Oberlin.

Attached: 1467859782340.jpg (553x569, 28K)

I hope so

Mel Gibson bakery more like

We should all email oberlin financial aid and ask them if they cover $44,000,000 lawsuits

Plaintiff will get paid. Oberlin has a subrogation agreement with the insurance companies. Once the plaintiff gets the judgment, they can have it enforced and levy the accounts of Oberlin. They are too big and public to effectively hide that much cash. Plaintiff could even have a deputy seize paper chattels, vehicles, maybe even incoming class deposits (maybe).

The insurance company will step in to prevent that and pay them out, likely over time.

Oberlin can appeal and may argue that the judgment is a hardship, but hopefully they will lose.

Attached: Berenstain.jpg (468x475, 56K)

The damages were 11 million. The thing that happened today was the punitive phase. The Jury awarded max damage. The best part is the dean of students sent out a "blast" email after the first verdict criticizing the jury for their decision, and that email made it into the trial.

Who would have thought that calling the police on Shoplifters of Color and then having the college they attended actively participate in protesting/harassing you for it would end in your favor? Darn that white privilege.

here is a link for all you lazy niggers who cant look some thing up on the internet
toledoblade.com/local/education/2019/06/13/jury-hits-oberlin-with-31-million-punitive-damages-bakery-protests/stories/20190613148

Nice

Haha that makes it even funnier. The arrogance of these people is astounding.

The guy's an idiot. The case was never about free speech. It was about libel and tortious interference.
see for a summary legalinsurrection.com/2019/06/oberlin-college-hit-with-maximum-punitive-damages-capped-at-22-million-by-law-in-gibsons-bakery-case/#more-286093

Lol. G.E.T. F.U.C.K.E.D

use the fucking archives to link shit

Oberlin has 887 million dollars in endowment money as of 2018. They’re gonna pay.

Underage coon from Oberlin college tries to buy wine with fake ID, gets refused.
Slinks off and sticks two bottles under his shirt then leaves.
Owner’s son apprehends said coon on the street. Coon and two coonettes chimp out and start beating the guy.
Cops arrive and arrest the coons.
Other coons protest that the bakery’s actions were rayciss, encouraged, supported materially and financially by college staff. College also cancels all business with the bakery.
Bakery sues for slander, libel, unfair trade practices etc. The coons read out pre-prepared statements saying that what they did was wrong and racism was not a factor. Court awards $11m in actual damages. Subsequent punitive damages bump this up to $44m.

imagine owning yourself for $44mil because you kept harassing a baker

No, that’s some fuckwit talking about something he doesn’t know shit about.

That's not how market prices work.

how much are they actually getting?

▲▲

The most hilarious part of all of this is how the college's own refusal to accept they did anything wrong is probably what pushed the jurors into inflating the punitive damages so much.

Didn't Oberlin try to say that the bakery is only worth 30k or so, which less than a single year's tuition at their college, despite having been around since the 1800's?

The college tried to argue in court that the bakery was only worth $35,000. This pissed off the jury quite a bit.

My dad used to refer to people with degrees who are quite clearly fucking morons as "educated idiots".

Gibson’s also went from 10 full time and 2 part time staff to (IIRC) 2 full time, 6 part time and the owner’s family working for free to try to stay in business.
One of the college’s arguments was that Gibson’s had enough assets to absorb the losses inflicted by the protests they helped plan and support.
Now the Gibson family can basically retire en masse. GG Oberlin.

Being smart and being educated are two completely different things. Some of the smartest people in the world are probably ignorant peasants living in some third world country, or just lazy first world dwellers, who don't achieve anything of merit out of ignorance while genuine low IQ idiots are educated into eloquence and knowledge in a small number of fields.

Thank you God!

Imagine paying 30k or more in tuition just so you can go to class and hear how evil the white man is. College nowadays is such a fucking scam.

>pre prepared
Learn English mutt.

QRD: Bakery accused of profiling.

Holy FUCK the Dean needs to be locked up

Attached: 15235782983432.png (632x118, 10K)

Not a nigger, thank you. I read it earlier.

It’s a story about what happens when some SJWs get whipped up into a white-hatred frenzy,
And make accusations that are simply not true.
Buts fits a narrative they are obsessed with.
White Man Bad.

Attached: 908C79A0-895B-4B08-BAC3-AF3803FDA230.jpg (1536x863, 1.37M)

Oberlin is run by jews, every notable alumni is a kike currently in hollywood, and they get massive kickbacks from the government.
every penny of the settlement is going to come out of an "aid package" and they will turn around raising tuition rates while giving themselves a hardy pat on the back.

>TFW commie
>TFW desperately wish students were actually Marxist
>TFW Jow Forums still thinks they are for some reason

Attached: 701eb2.png (633x758, 10K)

I'm going to the bakery to buy as much food as I can.

My favorite is the fucking faggots who worship (public) teachers and think they "deserve" higher pay. Teachers are the most useless fucking people on the planet, made totally obsolete by the internet. Unfireable fucking dolts. They have the lowest SAT scores and IQ scores of any "educated" group and given how worthless college is that's really saying something.

>"Unleash the students"

WTF does that mean?

It means Oberlin has a pack of wild SJWs and niggers they sic on people they don't like. Literally.

Learn punctuation, coon.

PAY DEBNTS

Attached: 1538084934197.jpg (138x200, 4K)

This is the absolute best strategy to combat university indoctrination to radical leftist social activism. Hit them hard in the wallet. I promise you they care about that a fuck of a lot more than any """progressive""" agenda. Bankrupt the fuckers. Do it over and over again until they're ready to fire anyone who tries to organize anything more radical than a bake sale.

t. academic

Attached: 1559571824819.gif (340x340, 3.9M)

Oh, that sounds familiar

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution

Good, and soon they'll pay back the billions of lost wages and salaries they stole from millions of americans.
Fuck free college, I just want to see them bleed

Attached: 1559662188633.png (299x197, 37K)

“GIBS SON!” You can’t make this shit up

and how is the sandman case going at the moment? did they take a plea deal payout from MSM or is it going to court?

punitive damages where not yet awarded when the college issued an official letter stating their butthurt with the jurrers and how they where stupid. so that punitive skyrocketed.

thanks for this m8

>shoplifters of color
Lost

let's do a bank run

every kike bank will fall

6 million

Go Buckeyes!

O-H-

>when double down just isn't enough
lmfao

There is a reason the saying "Those who can't teach" exists

Yup. At every stage of the process, the kikes in charge of Oberlin demonstrated how out of touch they were with reality and the zeitgeist. As a result of their arrogance and presumptuous attitude, they got fucking spanked.
I personally can’t wait for more of these kinds of backlashes to occur. Every time it happens it’ll highlight that cultural Marxism has overextended and that a larger groundswell of protest against it is on the way.

I-O!!

Attached: DillyDilly.jpg (540x474, 27K)

I really want to know what that email actually said now

>ywn be targeted by blind leftists and sue them for millions of dollars
Why even live?

GET FUCKED FAGGOTS
oh wait, you actually like that

a light of hope in the darkness
but the evil jews will never stop until the ADL and SPLC are destroyed.

It's over $70k a year including room, board, and fees.

Thanks user!

>Commies
>Paying
kek I like what you did there.

>Bankrupt the fuckers.
the damages are 0.5% of oberlin's $880m endowment.

for white people, try again for immigrants

>the evil jews will never stop until the ADL and SPLC are destroyed
That’s the stupidest thing I’ve read all week. Please explain your reasoning.