How do people live in this city?

How do people live in this city?

>hobos aggressively asking for change every 5 steps
>every other corner smells like piss, BO, or garbage
>culture based on the grimiest, hippy aspects of the left, not even the posh, elitist progressives that spend money on everything.
>worried about getting run over by scooters everywhere

I say this as someone who moved here expecting to love it. The only good part is that there are loads of attractive women, and I still cannot figure out why they are all here.

Attached: austin.jpg (1080x519, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yUDuOUxhD2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How accurate is this film in terms of depicting Austin culture?

Attached: full.slacker-1sh-16162__43737.1556888116[1].jpg (799x1208, 383K)

I actually like this movie, and not accurate at all so far.

The thing I found most unsettling about New York is that none of the waiter's or strippers had New York accents. It's a city that lives by exploiting human life. Only the city workers, cops, and elites have NYC accents. Anyone working a shit job is some kind of immigrant or nigger.

My bad, I read your description and assumed we were talking about New York, which also smells like piss and is infested with hipsters and bums asking you for change.... never been to Austin. I guess every major city in the West is utter shit.

You can interpret the vague panicky unease of being trapped in a hamster cage with 8 million passively hostile people as exhilarating, especially if you make a lot of money

It was accurate as fuck back in the day. No clue about now.

Place loose change on the street
On the surface of coin paste ca fentanyl and dmso

Do your bit to clean up the streets of homeless

>and I still cannot figure out why they are all here.
They sell trendy clothes, margaritas, & street tacos on SoCo. Oh and ACL...

Other than that, it's fucked.

>linklater
what a fucking propagandist, i used to love his films when i didn't know any better

>as someone who moved here
Fuck off! You're entirely the reason why Austin sucks. I hate this fucking city, all the shitty people, and can't wait to leave.

Texas is fucked.

Riverside here

Should clarify: I only moved here for the summer. I was considering moving long term but not anymore.

Barton Skyway, I'm grilling tomorrow!

whats wrong with his movies?

Lived there for a year. Couldn't stand it. Left

Thought you were talking about Seattle or Portland

Never been to Austin, but I've considered moving there. I work remote in IT security, so I feel like it's the right place to go career wise. Plus I hate the cold and I like live music. Is it really as bad as OP says?

I'll be visiting in early November for the Formula 1 race at COTA, so I guess I'll find out for myself then. But how is it to live there?

Attached: senna art.jpg (550x356, 186K)

If you make decent money and can avoid the traffic you should be fine. It does get hot as fuck though. In a couple months the low's will be in the low 90s at 3am. Then it goes to 105 and humid. 30, 60 days at a time.

Same.

I grew up here, cant fucking wait to leave.

Also, OP forgot to mention all the fucking beaners.

Yeah, I should've mentioned that. As a local, any theories on why there are so many QT's here?

Grew up in the city, can confirm, this place is made to break people. Only the vicious, or the smart, or both, survive. The truly smart get the fuck out as fast as possible.
Everything he said applies to that shit hole as well.

You know all those gay ass murals you see everywhere right?

Every single one of those is basically just another reason why girls want to come here. Why, because it just gives them another excuse to take a picture of themselves. Then others girls see it on ig obviously, and then they HAVE to do it to.

Now that you mention it, the groups I see around are almost always taking pictures of themselves. I also see quite a few around alone that pretty clearly live here.

Cities only work in a high-trust homogeneous society. Otherwise they become cesspools.

And its white people who are to blame. The bootlickers moves to the suburbs cause thye don't want to solve the problem. The s-o-y-b-o-y-s gentrify whats left. Fuck white america, you shot yourselves in the foot. Now enjoy your slow and painful decline.

accurate from 1995-2000ish

woah, thats fucking hot af

>I still cannot figure out why they are all here.

youtube.com/watch?v=yUDuOUxhD2Y

>Cities only work in a high-trust homogeneous society
you guys are laughable

I really want to visit for a week. I know a surprisingly attractive French legal midget who runs 3 bars on 6th street.
You're a disgusting fucker, you know that?

Austin can't be worse than Maryland. There's literally nothing to do here unless you like jousting.

Attached: marylandstatesport.jpg (606x404, 71K)

He truly is. A professional would use methylmercury