In the next 10 years, you will be driving an

electric car.

They’re more efficient than gasoline or diesel. You can refuel daily at your house in your own garage (you DO have your own house and garage, right?), they’re faster, they’re quiet, and you can throw off the chains of waiting in line at the gas stations soon.

So what’s holding you back? It’s happening eventually, might as well get in early.

Attached: C06F7566-DFD8-4387-8A91-747FFDC65702.jpg (696x390, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8zOHZINyG8
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Fi3BnwL94
youtu.be/MBbskqcgs_o
youtu.be/TjJ2IbzGTuo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis
newatlas.com/audi-e-benzin-synthetic-fuel/37672/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck that
I'll be driving a wood gas powered truck

>junk yards full of exploding toxic batteries mined from third world countries
why are libtards so stupid?

This goy preps.

>having your car drained at night into the power grid so if you need to go to the hospital your car is dead
may as well just give your organs to the power companies while you're at it you stupid slave

Lol what

That’s not how this works. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Not a leftist at all. Likely more libertarian than you are. People get too wrapped up in the perceived politics of this stuff. It’s a logical choice for many (admittedly, not all) and it’s been a logical choice for me.

Attached: 5815653B-D2F2-41A4-B581-35262B1A8BB9.jpg (762x1024, 65K)

I’m replying to your post because it was THAT fucking idiotic. On what planet do you reside?

Electric power generation and transmission is not efficient.

>not using carbon capture fuels

This homo doesnt know about the Chad of renewables.

what's holding me back is money. I do driving app jobs for a living because I got a meme degree 6 years ago.

I'd love to get a Tesla but I don't have $40k laying around. If I did, I would buy one. I was reading a thread on another forum about some guy who bought one and used it as his daily driver to work every day. Guy commuted at least 15 or 20 miles to work daily.

His YEARLY "fuel" expenses. The electricity he payed for his Tesla, was only $300. Three hundred dollars. I don't care if it's faggy or not that alone is a reason to drive a fully electric car. Even if gas gets way cheap...it would have to be literally a penny or two per gallon to be as cost efficient as electric and that will never happen.

Honestly, assuming I get a better job, once the Teslas and other electric cars get 350 to 400 miles per charge I will definitely buy one

The electric car is going to be killed by the deployment of a full nuclear powered electric grid that need something to do in the low demand times. They will create synthetic liquid fuels at night letting everyone keep all their current ICEs, gas stations and distribution networks.

youtube.com/watch?v=G8zOHZINyG8
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Fi3BnwL94

nah. ill be riding the $300 motorcycle i have been since 2004
i spend like $13 / month on gas

Attached: Yamaha XJ 550J Maxim.jpg (1018x678, 95K)

you are a retard, the cars do not "de-charge" at night. However you can program it so that it only charges at night or other times during non-peak electric usage so that you pay a lower kwH rate when it charges

Attached: basedspurdo.gif (452x750, 145K)

Most electric power generation is FAR more efficient than an internal combustion engine.

Go put you hand on your car’s hood right after driving. Is it hot or cold? If it’s hot, where do you think that heat came from? You believe heat waste equals efficiency?

Surely you’re not so dense to believe the electric grid is less efficient than a Dodge Dart.

Enjoy your early death. All it takes is one retarded drunk in a pickup truck driving a little too fast and you are fucking done

The current list price of a Bolt EV HV battery pack is $15,734.29 and the part number is 24285978.

Attached: 1557022072758.png (396x382, 167K)

i hope so. then i can go out like my father did. with a caved in chest lying in the road

Yup. They’re not cheap. They’ll get cheaper as they become more common. Technology advancements and all. I’m fortunate enough to be able to afford one, and it’s glorious.

And I leave the politics out of it. I’m not a leftist, though I recognize most owners are. They think they’re saving the earth for it. Whatever. I have other, more logical reasons for liking these things.

Fuck those plug in cuck cars, this is mine

Attached: 20190613_210702.jpg (2428x1279, 2.41M)

This guy gets it.

Nah, Motorcycles for life

Attached: r3.jpg (1124x1125, 281K)

Lol
GM
IFS

Bravo retard

>So what’s holding you back?
i actually enjoy driving a 20 year old coupe shitbox with a 5spd.
i'd give up my guns before my car keys

Attached: agf4jhas.jpg (259x194, 22K)

i want a 6cyl
youtu.be/MBbskqcgs_o

Attached: cbx1000.jpg (940x625, 680K)

More like this morning and that was mine too. Next.

No we won't. There's no reason to
Also
Explains the thread quite well

>nuclear is bad
>coal is bad
>oil is bad
CLEAN BURNING L I T H I U M is great!

Show me where I said any of that is bad. I have no issue with any of those. We need electricity. Nuclear and natural gas make good economical sense.

This is the problem. You have morons who can’t separate any of the bullshit talking points from reality. Nuclear power is pretty cool. Electric cars are pretty cool. Every single gun law is an infringement.

See how I did that? I used a fucking brain.

>Waiting in line at the gas station
Literally never happened

I'll get in when they start making electric Prerunners

>not making your own biodiesel
Come on now.

Having a house is a jewish scheme to make you preside under the laws of the land. I live off the wilderness, the only thing judging me is the true Mother.

Teslas are fucking soulless, I will never drive one.
I honestly don't think I'll get anything other than an F32 until life/family responsibilities force me to give up the coupe.

Right on man. FUCK having to stop at busy gas stations and FUCK having to give muzzies MY cash for stupid fucking gasoline. Electric cars are obviously the future and they can't come fast enough. Saving for a used model S right now actually.

I'll still be driving my ute in 10 years time mate.

Attached: IMG_20180928_105155__01-1947x989.jpg (1947x989, 496K)

>doesn't sound like a cammed small block

No thanks

What I'm really hoping for in the future is the possibility of electric conversion kits. Kind of like in Back to the future how they have "hover conversion kits" and you can get your old delorean or jeep into a flying car.

For electric to really take off this needs to be an option. I would gladly pay $5k or $10k to make my 1997 Lincoln Town Car an electric vehicle.

This will be the beauty of electic cars. The electricity is so cheap that automakers will finally be freed from trying to make cars as aerodynamic as possible, we'll be able to go back to the glory styling days of the 1950s. Not retro of course, but electric cars grant the possibility for style and design to become uncoupled once again.

Here's hoping there's at least one person in Detroit smart enough to realize this. If Detroit gets electric cars right then they can be saved

Attached: 16508966_1001178343345822_2097770190546366430_n.jpg (480x480, 26K)

Charging will never be as convenient as going to a gas station. Yes, you can charge at home. But for long trips you are fucked, especially if you want to go to an area with limited infrastracture.

Attached: TeslaCharging.png (771x569, 588K)

Holden’s are for literal faggots mate

You do realize they're working on stations you can just drive up to and they'll swap the battery, right?

Sorry, couldn't hear you. I'm too busy being faster than a Falcoon.

>they’re faster
/o/ here, this is only true at the drag strip. Electric cars suck on the track.

Attached: xVi2C.png (226x244, 85K)

driving is for the poor. my ass rides in style.

Attached: queen-elizabeth--philip-get-the-limo.jpg (1200x1224, 307K)

Fuck off Elon. Go to bed.

>and you can throw off the chains of waiting in line at the gas stations soon.
The lines for charging stations are worse. Filling up a gas tank id way faster. Want to take a medium length trip? lol
Live somewhere cold and want to use your shitty home charger? lol

Eletric look like fagmobiles and once the battery is fucked the whole thing is basically worthless. You can either buy it a new battery that costs more than the vehicle or just buy a brand new one. I however will still be driving my Lancer in 10 years because I actually take care of my stuff.

Do you think car batteries run cold, idiot. They literally will you burn you alive hotter than any gas tank.

Electric isn't really that great on the strip either. Maybe if you're only comparing to stock cars, but if your 1/4 racing then why the fuck wouldn't you be modifying?
youtu.be/TjJ2IbzGTuo

Not an expert on this, but aren't there about 12 batteries?

>In the next 10 years, you will(...) electric car
nigga learn to phonepost 96% of this sites traffic are through phones

That's just a want. Batteries swapped in from idiots who abused them so the odds of it catching fire and burning alive go up.

ok grandpa, I think you've had enough internet for tonight.

>The electric car is going to be killed by the deployment of a full nuclear powered electric grid that need something to do in the low demand times

Low electricity costs will kill the electric car?

>> Inexcusable delusion about how electric cars work.

> Cars burn lithium

>>Waiting in line at the gas station
>Literally never happened

Never heard of the OPEC oil embargo?

Only gas powered cars have souls.

No concept of TCO.

=======================================

Why do people just make up such nonsensical crap to justify decisions they made with no facts? it's okay to change your mind when the situation changes. That's why God gave you a brain.

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 7.06.52 PM.png (283x414, 63K)

>this idiot really thinks that you can replace millions of gasoline cars with the snap of a finger
>this idiot thinks we have the infrastructure or power plants to power millions of electric cars

LMAO

Attached: 1522668894717.png (494x630, 344K)

Id much rather an xr6 turbo over an SS any day bra. Hell even my old ‘92 supra used to eat the commonwhores

That’s not what he’s getting at. A huge majority of an internal combustion motors energy is lost in heat. An electric motor doesn’t lose that energy. It’s gonna come down to bigger and better batteries to make them more feasible but

Meanwhile in 1899:

>This idiot really thinks that you can replace millions of horses with the snap of a finger.
>this idiot thinks we have the infrastructure or wells to power millions of gasoline cars.

the electricity is cheap because most people don't need it for their car. supply and demand.

literally not the same thing

Barra is great, but the Falcon drives like shit. I live around a bunch of great twisties, so I like driving something that's got lots of torque for crusing but can hold its own in the corners.

How long did that take dumbass
definitely not fucking 10 years

>electric car
This'll be fun. I have one now... and you're an idiot. Here's why:

>they're more efficient than gasoline or diesel
If you're traveling 35mph. Once you get past 50mph, gas becomes more efficient. Look it up, every car company that makes a hybrid has a driver's guide on their site (includes plug-in and non-plug in hybrids). Full EVs don't count for this particular point because their metric is range, not mpg.

>You can refuel daily at your house in your own garage...
You sure can. At yuppie malls too. You also realize that it costs MORE to recharge your car than it does to put a fucking tank of gas in it that will give you the same range... right? Let's do math.
Hybrid non-plug-in. Averages 44mpg. Has 12 gallon gas tank. Gets 600 mile range per tank. Costs 30 dollars per 600 miles.
>>a Level 2 EV charging station is going to run you 1200 just for a shitty one, and probably another 2000 to get an electrician to install a 240V line to your house... and you better bring like ten grand if you wanna me a numale faggot and try and run it all off solar (which is a thing apparently). Oh, and at the end of all that, your battery is anywhere from 7.4kwh(plug in hybrid) or upwards of 11kwh(full EV shit like Tesla)... and you get like a 250 mile range between charges, so you gotta fill up twice as much... oh yeah, and that shit isn't instant like gasoline either, so I hope you're busy at Starbucks watching trannies not wash their hands making coffee for a couple hours while your fagmobile is charging like a cell phone.

>they're faster
You clearly have NEVER had an EV. The Tesla Roadster was designed for fast, not efficient. The word "efficient" just means slow. PERIOD. CVT transmissions have horrible shift lag under pressure because they don't shift. You drive a golf cart. Accept it. It's slow. Oh, and also, efficiency ratings for electrics are done at low speeds anyway (see first point). Mine doesn't even go faster than 85.

>pt2 incoming.

Electricity is becoming a lot more expensive in Europe >:(

What is different? We can't do what we did in 1899?

That pic is bullshit btw.

>pt.2

>waiting in line at the gas station
I have never waited in line for gas in my life and I am 40. This doesn't happen.

Conclusion: I'm glad I leased my 34000 dollar golf cart. Fuck EVs. Tech is too new. Plus, go ahead and buy one and wait till something breaks. Have fun paying for that. Batteries are fucking expensive... weird gay transmissions are too.

If they make an electric truck that can haul 2 tons and go for 400 miles one 1 charge, I'll get one.

Til then, fuck off OP.

How many lithium is there to make do those li-ion batteries and how clean is there production? Are they recyclable?

Fair go, but is it worth looking like a giant fag? Maybe you should get a bike?

> How many lithium is there to make all those li-ion batteries and how clean is the production? Are they recyclable?
Fucking autocomplete

That's because your suicidal governments are slashing generating capacity, and trying to replace electricity sources that work with electricity sources that will never work, such as wind and (current) solar.

>waiting in line at the gas station
>This doesn't happen.
You've never been to the SE coast after a mandatory hurricane evacuation announcement.

Ford's making a Hybrid 150 in 2020.

It'll most likely be disappointing and not be able to tow shit. A golf cart with a truck body for the alpha nu-male faggot.

t. Ford employee making truck axles as he types this.

We had this thread yesterday.

>run it all off solar
The bigger joke is that by the time your solar panel supposedly "pays for itself", you'd woulda spent triple the savings on 2-3 replacement batteries.

There's no winning.

>I have no idea what the lifecycle of a car is like

If production of new gas cars was completely banned tomorrow you still wouldn't have 50% market penetration in 10 years, not even accounting for the fact that everyone would start milking as much life out of their gas cars as possible simply because they're superior in every practical way to meme shitboxes.

The free market has rejected electric cars about a dozen times over the last century; just because you bolt Elon Musk's cult of personality onto the idea doesn't mean it's going to work this time.

Attached: franklin.png (758x540, 469K)

Politics is likely the reason you and everybody knows about the existence of electric cars and why everyone will be forced to own one of these trash heaps. This shit is being forced down our throats, and countries are planning on completely banning the sale of fossil fuels. The technology is worse than hydrogen fueled cars in every way. Yet the only hydrogen cars that ever existed were experiments by private companies. There was zero government support, so it went nowhere. Now because of muh environment, electric cars get all of the attention, when they shouldn't,

>hurricane evacuation

Ok, first, I'm not retarded enough to live where hurricanes happen... I'm retarded enough to live in the fucking nigger hive. Detroit's worse than a hurricane.

and second, hurricane evacuation is a fucking isolated incident... not a daily thing. I lived in Lake Tahoe during the Angora fire and... ok that's a bad example because lol 1 stoplight hick town. Still... isolated incident.

8 lug GM IFS is fairly bombproof, and their trucks ride nice. You only talk shit because you're a rock crawler faggot.
The rest of us are running IFS in our tow rigs and Maverick X3s because it kicks the ass of any straight axle piece of obsolete shit everywhere but in the slow-ass rocks. If we wanted to go that slow we'd take gramps out for a walk.
Enjoy your SAS'd Toyletta you absolute pirate4x4 reading waterhead nigger.

It's nice to see a leaf that knows his shit. Good job bro.

this stupid shit again? get some new material you slimy little worm.

6/10 bait, not bad for low effort

Again, cons just making things up that aren't true.

>Full EVs don't count for this particular point because their metric is range, not mpg.
Gas is more efficient if you exclude alternatives to gas.

>The word "efficient" just means slow. PERIOD.
Read a dictionary.

>CVT transmissions have horrible shift lag under pressure because they don't shift.
Electric cars don't have ANY transmissions, let alone CVT. They are direct drive.

>I have never waited in line for gas in my life and I am 40. This doesn't happen.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis
With Trump pissing off every ally the US has, these are coming soon.

>weird gay transmissions are too.
Again, no transmission. I think you are lying about driving an EV.

Combustion engines are 25-50% efficient. Not too shabby. Once batteries get cheaper then we can entertain the idea of switching over to them.

It will never overtake petrol fuels. Or ever compete with horsepower. Too many of the world's industrial complexes need oil. Always will. The aviation industry for one.

Unless we find some unobtanium type of shit on another planet, oil is king.

we have had electric motors for almost fucking 200 years. They're still faggot shit.

I'm driving a Ford Fusion Hybrid right now as a rental. Its pretty fucking gay. I literally can't stop laughing at the 'efficiency leaves'. It also 'Thanks me for driving a hybrid' everytime I turn it off along with a little gamified stat window about the efficiency of my last trip.

Your father died like a boss. I'm sad he had to go already.

F

I'm waiting for the germans to spill the beans
newatlas.com/audi-e-benzin-synthetic-fuel/37672/

fpbp

my early 90s Jeep is a V8. the engine is new, it's got many thousands of miles left before it needs rebuilt. in ten years i will be driving the same gas guzzling convertible I've been driving for the past decade.

>My mobility being dependent on the power grid

No.

Germans are master race at engineering, seriousky. Wouldn't have NASA if it weren't for us nabbing as many of their war criminals before Russia did.

Why not both?

no stickshift and cool sounds- no buy ,also they are faster in terms of acceleration, not on track like track a tesla

>gas is more efficient if you exclude alternatives to gas
You didn't do any fucking research did you. If you did, then you wouldn't have uttered the most retarded phrase I've heard all night. Might as well have just titled your thread "If you don't compare it to anything, electric is the best! Buy a Tesla because I am a Shill!" Nice logic Elon.

>electric cars don't have any transmissions
Hybrids ARE electric cars, and they have CVT transmissions. The majority of "muh electric cars" are hybrids except Tesla and a few 100% electric models like Nissan has. Full EVs are literal golf carts, and it's sad that you guys call them cars.

>read a dictionary
that's the best you could come up with? Really? I gave you actual feedback that is actual truth from an actual owner, and you have nothing but "read a dictionary". Pathetic.

>1973 oil crisis
If you're older than me, I'll eat my phone. Not buying it kid.

>lying about driving an EV
Believe what you want Elon.

All this shit I've been posting... and someone else has the same car as me... and probably agrees with everything I posted... except mine's an Energi with a fagplug. I didn't buy the bullshit 4000 dollar charger either because fuck that. Extension cord ho!

In 10 years I'll be driving a black magic, Doritos powered meme machine that burns oil faster that it's made. Fuck you

they are user but you see, cars are not big of a deal in terms of pollution AND fuel. YOU will be driving but us europoors not so much

I didn't think you could drive a car in France anymore. Hmm.