Let's Talk About Hosea 11

So I was deep in prayer earlier, struggling with the redpill, struggling with my life, uncertain of my purpose or future. So I prayed and said, God, I will turn to the Bible, show me one passage and I will become it's minister. And so I picked up my Bible, not seeing at the time that it was upside down and backwards, and so I turned randomly to a page, with no way of knowing what page I was turning to, and this is where I landed. Hosea 11:

Attached: hosea.jpg (680x226, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sortes_Sanctorum
bibliaonline.com.br/acf/os/11
youtube.com/watch?v=mo-YL-lv3RY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzoah_Rotachat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt. As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed unto Baalim, and burned incense to graven images. I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I healed them. I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them. He shall not return into the land of Egypt, but the Assyrian shall be his king, because they refused to return. And the sword shall abide on his cities, and shall consume his branches, and devour them, because of their own counsels. And my people are bent to backsliding from me: though they called them to the most High, none at all would exalt him. How shall I give thee up, Ephraim? how shall I deliver thee, Israel? how shall I make thee as Admah? how shall I set thee as Zeboim? mine heart is turned within me, my repentings are kindled together. I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city. They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west. They shall tremble as a bird out of Egypt, and as a dove out of the land of Assyria: and I will place them in their houses, saith the LORD. Ephraim compasseth me about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Judah yet ruleth with God, and is faithful with the saints.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this God literally saying that the Jews have completely abandoned him, that they worship Baal and other graven images instead, and he's mad enough to destroy them, but instead of doing it himself he is going to send Christ as his inspiration and as a consequence the West is going to unite with Egypt and Syria to destroy Israel themselves? Doesn't this whole single chapter refute Christian Zionism and the entire "lol Christians worship Jews and are slaves to Israel" hypothesis?

He literally says "the sword shall abide on his cities, and shall consume his branches, and devour them" and that the reason for this is "because of their own counsels" ie the Jews being supremely evil subverters.

So much for "Christians worship the chosen people" right? I mean this is literally God in the Old Testament even saying that the Gentiles are going to unite to kill all of them and that he approves of it.

Also so much for Greater Israel. This is literally God in the Old Testament telling the Jews that they will never live in Egypt again.

also if I end up with a house of my own in Jerusalem after all the Jews are killed and their stolen wealth is taken back that'd be pretty sweet thanks God.

And how is any of that going to come into effect if mankind does not act?

Sitting on your ass and waiting for a higher power to sort it out is intellectually and spiritually disingenuous.

well I mean the verse definitely lays out that it will come into effect only once mankind does act and that not only will they act but that it will be righteous in the eyes of God when they do.

So what do you propose?

i'm not advocating ass sitting. I've been struggling with this sometimes preached doctrine of passive resistance. this verse in my understanding outlines that active resistance against Israel has received the blessing of God.

You might want to get this very severe mental illness checked out by a medical professional, user. You are not well.

Attached: 1533172437009.jpg (960x711, 43K)

I go to therapy but it's helpful too to seek spiritual help and understanding. If you want to talk about how you interpret this verse from scripture you can post about it here.

I am saying that mentally sound people do not beseech God for help, randomly open an upside down bible, and attempt to get something out of it. At least tarot cards are fun nonsense, this is just strange and sad.

Stop believing in fairy tales. It is time to grow up.

well hundreds of millions of scholars and world leaders throughout history have turned to the Bible for help throughout their life and asked God to grant them with discernment so I'm in pretty good company

also tarot cards are bad don't mess with those things. I used to date a witch and even though we had a lot of fun together she would always want to do tarot card readings for me and they would always predict bad things were going to happen and then they would. Don't summon a succubus or practice divination. It sounds fun and it is until it isn't. My life has gotten better since I abandoned all of that and turned to Christ.

Read the whole book of Hosea. It's pretty redpilled. All about cuckoldry and degeneracy and how Israel's whoring out its military.

Look at what you wrote and tell me honestly that it is something a sane person would say. Because people have used the bible in the past, therefore your random finger pointing has merit? Witches? Divination? Your grasp on reality is tenuous at best. You can scoff and say I'm ignorant, but you and I both know that there is nothing that happened to you that can't be explained by simple coincidence.

Supernatural things do not exist. This is a fact of nature.

>My life has gotten better since I abandoned all of that and turned to Christ.
Live with lying to yourself, it doesn't matter to me. Just don't pretend that it's not a lie.

>Supernatural things do not exist. This is a fact of nature.

Attached: gbYCsUK.jpg (960x960, 64K)

i'm checking my portuguese bible user, they tend to have better translation from latin than the anglo-languages translations

It's a pretty big coincidence that out of 929 chapters of the Bible I, a Jow Forumstard, randomly turned to the one that directly talks about the West destroying Israel. You could even say that to claim it's simple coincidence would be claiming cohencidence.

just by reading the first 10 words there's already a difference
in the portuguese translation Baalim is written as baalins, the plural form, and also with the first letter uncapitalized

Wew. Just because you can’t connect to something otherworldly doesn’t mean people don’t.

this leads one to believe israel was worshipping multiple demons, not a single entity as presented in the english translation

Baalim is plural though. Often in a English translations they keep the plural of Hebrew (I’m) Elohim, Goyim, Baalim.

truly interesting thread OP
i wonder if we could get an italian user here and check his translation

Baalim is a plural in English.

ooh ok, my mistake then, thanks for clearing it up

Attached: Catherine_Laboure.jpg (287x521, 36K)

Checked and my pleasure user.

Wow user, the god of the Bible is clearly telling you to hate Jews because of a random passage you interpreted using Jow Forums tier logic. How insightful and definitely not asinine double-digit IQ nonsense!

The -im suffix is plural nerd, nephilim is not a single entity but multiple for example

Well if you want to post your own interpretation you're welcome to but:
>And the sword shall abide on his cities, and shall consume his branches, and devour them, because of their own counsels
seems pretty clear to me

lrn2history, turning to the Bible for divination is an ancient practice:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sortes_Sanctorum

Christianity is explicitly against Judaism. Not only in passages such as this, but also, for example, one that comes to mind is, Revelations 3:9.

#
#
#
#
Found the butthurt kike
God hates you and your rat-like people are no longer chosen

Good work user. We need to put this verse in meme form.

Attached: He Who Blesses Israel is Blessed.png (1581x3153, 712K)

The Bible, specially the New Testament can't be more clear about Jews being the enemies of God. It's full of passages like that. They killed Jesus and they have been cursed since then. Read Matthew 27:25 and Saint Pual clearly states that the Jews are the enemy of the human race: 1 Thessalonians 2:15

I'm well versed in the New Testament but I've been lazy about reading much of the Old Testament beyond Genesis, Exodus, and Job. This is the first time I've encountered God's judgment of Israel for turning away from him mentioned in the Old Testament.

Dutch should have listened to him

I’m no Biblical scholar by any means, but being raised in the Papacy definitely teaches you to hate jews. That’s one thing that Catholicism had right.

also this verse stuck out specifically to me because I first got redpilled by watching syriangirl videos and she did that interview on strike and mike that I got really excited by and then Christchurch happened and I was worried she was going to totally renounce our thing and it would be really damaging but she didn't and doubled down instead and implied it was a Mossad false flag and now I read this verse that talks about the West joining with Egypt and Syria

Nobody can. If they think they can, they are mentally ill.

You can't even agree to what it actually says, much less what it metaphorically says. This is a joke.

Don't get confused. Israel has nothing to do with modern jews. The people of Israel were Hebrews who followed the Moses religion. Modern jews were part of the kingdom of Judah, which was in the south of Israel. They got corrupted during their Babylonian captivity, read the story of Solomon. Modern jews descend from the Pharisees.

>if you believe in God you're mentally ill
>if your first language is Portuguese and you don't immediately understand the nuance of archaic words in English you're mentally ill

Attached: 1428789206653.png (540x587, 374K)

You people are so sick, it is a little frightening. Could humans really be this far gone?

I hope God graces you one day user.

And about the issues, it was a Portuguese user reading his translation and not understanding that “im” is plural.

Does violence and realizing you know nothing terrify you?

The entire theme of the Bible, over and over again, is about people turning away from/disobeying God and falling under judgement and then repenting and being forgiven by God. Pray that you're on the right part of the cycle when your chances run out.

>but Judah yet ruleth with God and is faithful with the saints
Sounds more like He was mad about the shit all the other tribes were up to but Judah (also a tribe) was cool.
Smells a lot, to me, like the story of Sodom and Gomorrah (Gen 18:20 ish) where he did the whole 'if there is anyone worth saving there I'll spare it for their sake' thing.
Its the NT thats more on the stripping the Jews of their special status and giving it to gentiles thing.
Romans 2:29 sums it up well enough.

>You people are so sick, it is a little frightening. Could humans really be this far gone?

Attached: futd1cit3cf11.jpg (1241x1550, 109K)

That's not my point at all. How can you trust something that could have been translated poorly?

>I hope God graces you one day user.
Maybe if I have a stroke, but until then I just can't believe in fairy tales and magical worlds just beyond our grasp. Because they do not exist in reality. They never have, and they never will.

Only jews use the "mentally ill" argument because they project their sick and degenerate mentality. When someone says that people are "mentally ill" for believing in God, he's 99% of the times a jew.

there's lots of poor translations in English, the ESV and the CEV stick out particularly to me, but I diligently compare the KJV to other translations and it hasn't let me down to the point that I'm becoming a KJV-onlyist.

Tell that to people that have had visions. Been given glimpses. There is more to this world. One user summed it up perfectly, we mistake ourselves as physical entities when were actually energy.

user, anyone that disagrees with you isn’t necessarily a Jew.

you'll get it eventually user, we all do at some point

>how can you trust something that could have been translated poorly
you fucking dont.
you research and figure out who is translating it and what ms they are translating from and you get your hands dirty so you dont have to lean on somebody else for answers.
how can you be confident that there is nothing to it based on what information you have and what sources (assumably more trustworthy than the bible) you have?

God would want them to repent, not to be slaughtered.

This is prophesy. He knows that most of them won’t.

the portuguese translation is pretty much the same from the king james version , apart from the way Baalim is written. the meaning of the passage is the same, i was just comparing the translations. you can check yourself, but i doubt google translate will give something that is not shitty.
bibliaonline.com.br/acf/os/11
i have experienced enough crazy shit to know there's some outer world shit going down form time to time
you're probably lucky to not be sensitive to this kinda of stuff, not really related to the thread topic but still.
you have no idea how prayer can have amazing effects user
the air literally changes when a large enough group of people prays together
open your mind for a little bit, try and see the other side, you'll truly become more enlightened

Attached: nssasenhoradoperpetuosocorro.jpg (250x314, 37K)

>Bible
>Old Testament
pick one

Attached: supermoon_Istanbul.jpg (520x347, 22K)

Well, why are you calling people mentally ill just becaus they have faith? You said yourself that "we don't know what's beyond reality because they escape our grasp". But in fact we do know. You just stop at the phenomenon and don't question what's behind it because you've been indoctrinated to think so.
Studies show that the majority of atheists have problems with their fathers, that's why they reject God. So we would have more reason to call YOU mentally ill since 90% of the world believes in God. You're the minority.

I miss the old days when atheists were the ones considered mentally ill.

can you tell us what the CEI says in Italian since portubro asked and if it lines up with the English and Portuguese?

I’m not user. I’m a devout Christian. You’re mistaking me for this user. I’m not him.

Hosea chapter 11?

Yeah sorry, I noticed it later. I just saw the flag and didn't pay attention to the ID. My bad.

>protestantism
>christianity

yes

No wonder god hates you.

I think we should just kill kikes, but we can also just expel them to Madagascar

>Constantinople
>Istanbul
pick one

I might be misunderstanding you now, but I’m Protestant, and I study the Old Testament.

you're never going to understand anything about the bible until you understand that KIKES ARE LYING ABOUT WHO THEY ARE

the people of the bible are Caucasians
Kikes only appear briefly and in adversarial roles

Kikes were never called Israel, and they never will be called Israel, they are not 'ruled by God,' because they have sided with Satan

Christian Identity people always show up in these threads trying to prove that white people are the real Israelites but I never see a convincing argument and I doubt anyone else ever has since there are only like 2000 adherents in the US and most of them are in prison and the rest only minister on Jow Forums.

Jesus was the most caucasian man who ever lived, giving his life for others
The tent in the wilderness was decorated red, white and blue, as were the priest robes
The Assyrian captivity ended with the ten northern tribes disappearing to the north, followed instantly by the rise of Visigoths and all the other Caucasian tribes
the druidic triads flawlessly overlap with christianity, with no discrepancies

if you wanted to know the truth, you would make the effort to find it

>Quando Israele era fanciullo, io l’ho amato e dall’Egitto ho chiamato mio figlio. Ma più li chiamavo, più si allontanavano da me; immolavano vittime ai Baal, agli idoli bruciavano incensi.
When Israel was a young boy, I've loved him and I've called him out of Egypt. But the more I called him out, the farther away he got from me. They sacrificed victims to Baal, to the idols they burned incense.

>A Èfraim io insegnavo a camminare tenendolo per mano, ma essi non compresero che avevo cura di loro. Io li traevo con legami di bontà, con vincoli d’amore, ero per loro come chi solleva un bimbo alla sua guancia, mi chinavo su di lui per dargli da mangiare.
I taught Ephraim to walk by carrying his hand, but they never understood that I was taking care of them. I got them close with bonds of goodness and love, I was like the one who hugs a child and gets him cloose to his cheek, I bend over to give him food.

>Non ritornerà al paese d’Egitto, ma Assur sarà il suo re, perché non hanno voluto convertirsi. La spada farà strage nelle loro città, spaccherà la spranga di difesa, l’annienterà al di là dei loro progetti.
He won't come back to the land of Egpy, but Assur will be his King because they didn't want to convert. The sword will cause bloodshed in their cities, it will break the defence and it will destroy beyond their expectations

>Il mio popolo è duro a convertirsi: chiamato a guardare in alto, nessuno sa sollevare lo sguardo. Come potrei abbandonarti, Èfraim, come consegnarti ad altri, Israele? Come potrei trattarti al pari di Adma, ridurti allo stato di Seboìm? Il mio cuore si commuove dentro di me, il mio intimo freme di compassione.
My people is hard to convert: called to look up but no one can raise their eyesight. How can I abandon you, Efraim, How can I give you to others, Israel? How can I treat you the same as Adma, reduce you to the state of Seboim? My heart cries inside of me, I shake of compassion

cont.

>Non darò sfogo all’ardore della mia ira, non tornerò a distruggere Èfraim, perché sono Dio e non uomo; sono il Santo in mezzo a te e non verrò da te nella mia ira. Seguiranno il Signore ed egli ruggirà come un leone: quando ruggirà, accorreranno i suoi figli dall’occidente,
accorreranno come uccelli dall’Egitto, come colombe dall’Assiria e li farò abitare nelle loro case. Oracolo del Signore.
I won't give way to the fire of my wrath, I won't go back to destroy Efraim, because I am God and not man; I am the Saint among you and I won't come to you in my wrath. They will follow the Lord and he will roal like a lion: when he will roar will come his sons from the West, they will come like birds from Egypt, like doves from Assyria and I'll let them live in their homes. Said the Lord.

woops someones still living in the dark ages, lets reclaim the Holy Empire's Constantinople and yoke humanity with the old testament, usury, and priest-granted ascension to heaven again.

Attached: DUES.jpg (843x896, 115K)

>so I turned randomly
No, you didn't. Random implies any page in the Bible has the same probability of being picked, but anyone picking a page to read from a physical book will with high probability pick something from the middle rather than from either end unless they're going out of their way to pick something from the beginning or the end, which again would not be random at all.

i recommend you anons + the italian bro to check these lectures
youtube.com/watch?v=mo-YL-lv3RY
the teachers explains in detail why the modern Israeli are not the same as the ones from antiquity, and also goes in depth explaining the difference between Israelites and Pharisees/Caananites, and the schism that followed after Jesus came, though that's only in the later videos.
tl;dr: most, if not all, of the ancient Israelites ( not caananites) converted to christianity after the Pharisees crucified Jesus and made the Mashiach prophecy true. only the babylonian influenced Caananites refused the idea.

Attached: stbenedict.png (200x252, 105K)

>I prayed and said, God, I will turn to the Bible, show me one passage and I will become it's minister. And so I picked up my Bible, not seeing at the time that it was upside down and backwards, and so I turned randomly to a page
Don't do this

well even if you take out the first 150 and the last 150 chapters it's still interesting that out of 636 chapters this is the one I turned to.

interesting, it's pretty similar.

> I got them close with bonds of goodness and love, I was like the one who hugs a child and gets him close to his cheek, I bend over to give him food.

this shows more of a direct illustration of God's love than the KJV but the rest of the chapter seems to be a very close replication in both translations.

>Yale university
>woman teaching theology
No thanks.

yeah I understand Judaism had basically become a dead religion and that it's contemporary revival is based entirely on the reject of Christ as the messiah and this is how the Talmud etc has come to be but Christian Identity is still brainlet imo it's the white version of Black Hebrew Israelites to me

I know some latin, so if there is a verse or some word that you are interested in, I can translate it for you directly from the latin, but don't ask for entire paragraphs, that's too much work.

I wouldn’t say “kill the kikes” but I will say we should kill everyone at CNN and MSNBC, it is just a cohencidence they are almost all kikes.

Soooo kill the kikes? Kek
Though I do think the average kike isn't to really to be blamed, yes they take part by being zionist and exclusive, helping only their own. But the real evil are the top jews, the big boys, I could be wrong and it's really most/all of them but this is how I see it. If you erased the Torah and the Talmud from existence which are the documents that tell them God says its OK to treat gentile like trash and to rule over them, then the average kikes should become normal with a couple generations.
Judaism is a satanic perversion of the Bible, the jews are so jewy they even tried to jew God.

Attached: thejews.png (500x303, 67K)

Me too user.
Ave Maria.
Deus Vult.
:)

Christian Identity is retarded. Any sound priest or theologian can literally btfo these guys with proof and logic. I'm a sinful man. I'm trying to get right with God and I've been heavily studying the scriptures and Christian theology and debunking Christian Identity is child's play. They rely on misinterpretations and lies and mistranslations to back up their doctrine. These people are literally the New Pharisees and sadducees 2.0

(((sanity)))

>Hosea
The prophet YVWH had marry a whore to illustrate his terrible relationship with his people?
>isn't this God literally saying that the Jews have completely abandoned him
Did you not read any of this story? It's YVWH displaying his horrible toxic relationship with his people. They are like a man with a whore wife and he beats her constantly but they stay together even though they're both terrible. That's the entire point of the story of this prophet, reiterating what is constantly said that his relationship with his people will never change.

((()))

Imagine how naive you would have to be user to believe that some arbitrarily created meme few centuries ago - has any mystical power or power to predict the future.. it combines hard determinism, with magical thinking... lots of nasty stuff - it's very bad.

>New Pharisees

You're probably very wrong about Pharisees unless you're ill intended.

They were not evil as I've seen countless protestants that never take the energy to read history or scholarly research, archeological findings.

First of all they were the social class who brought Scripture into the awareness of every single normie back then, they would build countless synagogues across everywhere Jews lived, make countless copies of LXX and giving a solid Hellenistic inheritance in the allegorical interpretative process - all this literally simplified the life of early Christians, primed it a far and wide spreading.

Sure among this social class, there were few that were bad fruits - and we all know the Gospel stories, but remember that the ones from the Gospels are also active political leaders in Israel as they are members of the Sanhedrin... it's also counter Christian to hate anyone.

Based Brazil bro sharing academic works instead of memes.

jew spotted
the babylonian talmud was introduced to judaism through the heretic pharisees after they were converted.
>The presence of Jesus the Nazarene in boiling excrement is one of the disputed references to Jesus in the Talmud.[2] Onkelos raises up Yeshu by necromancy,[3] and asks him about his punishment in Gehinnom.[4][5] Jesus replies that he is in "boiling excrement."[6]

>Onkelos the son of Klonimus..desired to convert himself (to Judaism)..he brought Yeshu (forth by means of/in) Séance..(Onkelos queried to Yeshu) whom is of importance in that world? He (Yeshu) answered him; Yisroel (the children of Israel). (Onkelos furthur queried) what/how (do you advise) to cleave to them? He (Yeshu) answered; "their benefit (lit. goodness) seek, their harm (lit. evil) do not seek (as) all/whomever touches them (with intent to harm) is as if (he) is touching the pupil of his (god's) eye". He (Onkelos) said to him (to Yeshu); the judgement of that man[7] is how/what? he (Yeshu) said to him (to Onkelos) "in excrement (that is) boiling". (the Talmud goes on to praise the fact that Yeshu -as a Jew- spoke favorably about his Jewish bretheren, as opposed to Onkelos's preceding dialogue with Titus and Bilaam who both advised Onkelos to provoke the Jews); "come and see (the stark) difference between (even those) sinners of Israel and the prophets of those nations who worship idols" (i.e. even a "sinner of Israel" is of superior spiritual quality than the prophet of idolatry)

—Babylonian Talmud, Gittin 57a
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzoah_Rotachat

Attached: 1557361517522.png (607x608, 384K)

i think i've got your words wrong, sorry for claiming you're a kike.
so you're saying the Pharisees that crucified Jesus are not the same than the other Pharisees?

Jewish, huh?

>I am saying that mentally sound people do not beseech God for help
Yeah they do

Attached: 1516911194938.jpg (912x772, 538K)