Reminder that Logos is not a Christian concept

Reminder that Logos is not a Christian concept.

Attached: Emperor Marcus Aurelius.jpg (928x1200, 343K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_0RN4CHxUzc&t=22s
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR0OZNwTwfkfr7L1RQBbSRya07yoBsh-
unexplainedstuff.com/Religious-Phenomena/Egyptian-Mystery-Schools.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that paganism with Christianity slapped over the top is the way to go.

They adopted it conceptually along with hlf of stoicism.

Logos, which encompasses wisdom, was the word Saint John used to articulate the biblical Wisdom tradition contained in the account of creation, morality and providence among other things.

There is no Greek logos worth knowing about except arid and inhuman philosophical abstraction.

Long listen of 1.5 hours: youtube.com/watch?v=_0RN4CHxUzc&t=22s

>the core of western civilization is over rated

Attached: desertquadrilogy.png (1250x604, 333K)

Greeks were there before the beginning?

Attached: 671F575A-74F9-45FF-8CBC-93DB5082DE24.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Yeah, all the med people were kind of on the same page philisophically. Christianity is built on top of Greek philosophy.

Christians get super defensive about this since it actually renders their religion moot and redundant, so they ususally attack greek thought.

I don't see the point of the Christian veneer.

Are you the same shill with a UK flag posting all of this retarded dribble in all the other threads?

There isn't anything worth preserving in Christianity that isn't pagan.

So catholocism?

Reminder that Roman philosophy has it’s beginnings in Greek thought and the latter in Egyptian and Indian thought. So I guess that destroys all its claims to uniqueness right?

Yes, Christians used many concepts from the Greeks and the Romans. But they gave them new understandings and depth which they didn’t have previously. Logos in Christianity is different from what it meant to the stoics. If you read the Book of Acts, Saint Paul debates both the stoics and the epicureans and makes clear Christianity’s claim to uniqueness

To keep the lower classes in line
by promising them something greater and equal whilst the upper classes are free from constraint to peruse the esoteric and rule with divine mandate over the unwashed masses.
High Church Anglicanism nigger.
Catholicism but fuck the pope.

What are you referring to? Jehovah's dipsticks?

It's not a Greek one either..I mean it is, but they didn't discover the concept of it. They got it from the Egyptians and there's evidence of it in India too.

>beginning
Illogical

>Christianity is built on top of Greek philosophy.
>Christians get super defensive about this since it actually renders their religion moot and redundant, so they ususally attack greek thought.

This kills the christian. You can even parallel a lot of the stories from plato/the republic to the bible and it predates it.

Attached: god.jpg (493x240, 76K)

>reeeee its not even greek its streetshitter or mummynigger

Christians are 100% cucks

>Outjewing the Jew... nice

Too bad Catholics gave up on that game to fuck over Protestantism.

>Reminder that Logos is not a Christian concept.
True. And no amount of muh logos rising will transform the Greek concept of Logos into a carpenter from the Middle East.

Attached: 1497634198765.png (624x434, 103K)

>High Church Anglicanism
i've seen that referred to as "anglo catholicism" even though i'm sure that term would piss actual high church anglicans off

Sort of.
Anglo-Catholics (who are also pretty based) are Anglicans who practice like Catholics under the Anglican Church and want to unite back with the Papacy.
High Anglicans are Anglicans who practice like Catholics but don't want to re-unit with the Papacy.
I like Catholicism, but I don't like the pope or the power structure of the Vatican.
Also I believe a religion should be ethno-centric, which High Church Anglicanism is.
For Anglos only.

You're such a paranoid dumbass lol. So why don't you tell me why several Greeks including Parmenides brought back knowledge from Egypt?

Attached: y.jpg (229x229, 37K)

What an amazing sculpture
I love ancient greece and ancient rome. Greatest moment of humanity

>Humanity
You mean the European?
There's no such thing as humanity.

As a Christian, I agree with this. Also reminder that Marcus Aurelius's end goal is the same of that of the jew-masonic elites today (philosopher kings)
Fuck off, Jesuit. The Peshitta is more reliable than the Greek translation, and it just used "miltha" (word) because Jesus is the voice of God. Greek philosophy and Christianity are incompatible:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR0OZNwTwfkfr7L1RQBbSRya07yoBsh-

Ancient Rome and modernity are two pages of the same book.

Because Greek philosophy isn't Greek/European at all. This is the lie that so many people buy into. It's Egyptian/Chaldean mystery school bullshit.

>avataring with manga reaction images
post some egyptian philosophical texts you nigger
do it now or forever stop posting here
same goes for you chink, post some egyptian philosophical texts.

I'm a Scottish expat, not a chink. Egyptian "philosophy" and metaphysics weren't taught the same way the Greeks taught it. It was part of their "mysteries" that the Greeks themselves later adopted (most famously with the Eleusinian mysteries).

so you can't substantiate your claims, that what I thought.
>Eleusinian mysteries
literally Greeks, fuck off.

Stop believing in poorly patched together kike LARPs, rednecks.

>so you can't substantiate your claims, that what I thought.
Want a direct source? Here you go:
unexplainedstuff.com/Religious-Phenomena/Egyptian-Mystery-Schools.html
>literally Greeks, fuck off.
No, I'm saying that the Greeks adopted the concept of mystery schools from the Egyptians and Babylonians as evident with the Eleusinian mysteries. American comprehension really is that bad.

Of course it isn't. Jews steal everything.

By the way, that site is a literal occultist site, not even Christian. It just tells the truth about the Egyptian mysteries and their relations to "Greek" philosophy.

stop trying to redpill christians. it doesn't work on this board

OP has never read Greek philosophy but tries to lecture pol about it.

kinda like this post. upboat

Since the redpill is just indoctrination. It's better to stay sober and take neither the blue nor the redpill nor the ironpill nor the blackpill nor the whitepill so on so on.

Greeks are Middle Eastern. Why can't they also known carpentry?

Agreed! The Greeks mostly never invented anything by themselves. If you look into it all the "Greek" inventions were either stolen, or created by people who lived in Greece, but have no relation with Greek's today.

There is no such thing as "Greek" philosophy. It's mostly stolen by Macedonians, Illyrians and Egyptians.

A big lie on Jow Forums is that Greek philosophy is good. An even bigger lie is that Greek philosophy is Greek or European.

>Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.
Only God can pardon, only God can save.

Bless for leaving the Romanist Weltenschaung.

Some of it is European, it was stolen by Macedonians and Illyrians. But a lot of it was also stolen from Egypt and even India. The Greeks never created anything!

The bigger lie that it isn't the dregs of a primordial Vedic wisdom tradition that got filtered through the Babylonians/Egyptians/Chaldaeans

Macedonians were technically "Greeks", though they were known for being the least Greek of all of them. Plus, they were Dorians, who were barbarian invaders.

"Wisdom" that came from a streetshitting mongrel people.

Yes, it is.
When Aristotle wrote about logos he meant the use of logic arguments.
When John wrote about Logos he meant the Divine order of creation through Christ. He certainly built the concept on the back of the concept of logos from Greek philosophy, but it is a necessarily Christian concept in this usage.

>"Wisdom" that came from a streetshitting mongrel people.

Over-simplification. Where is true wisdom found then?

No, the logos predates aristotle, it was first used by Heraclitus

In the Bible, retard.

This. True wisdom isn't of man at all. It is of God.

>It is of God
Since the Quran is the word of God, does that mean there's more wisdom of God in it ?

So why deny the mystical experiences of a non-European culture?

The concept of Logos as The Trinity is

Probably because it's all false. It coalesced from a mongrel people's way of thinking from a few certain different religions, Indo-Iranian polytheism, Dravidian polytheism, and animism.

Polytheism is a meme, the most sophisticated "polytheists" like Egypt and India always understood the gods as various mirrors of a single, divine principle.

>Macedonians
>Greek

Macedonia is a whole other country with it's own language. The only reason the "Greeks" (Who are not even real Greeks, they are just Larping) claim that the Macedonians (who conquered Greece) were Greeks is because they worshiped Greek Gods.

>Muh in the beginning was the Word, and in the beginning was God, bla bla

Utter shit. Greek philosophy>Christian theology

The original faiths that Egyptian paganism and Hinduism stemmed from were polytheistic, which is what I'm talking about here.
You show clearly your low comprehension.

They're basically Slavic-speaking Dorians, like how the Bulgars are Slavic-speaking Thracians.

Ever heard of Plato? Aristotle? Socrates?
Morons.

The dumb Greeks didn't, though kek
They had a God for every single silly thing.

Herodotus and Thucydides refers to per-conquest Macedonians as cousins to the Greeks.
They were viewed as neither Greeks nor Barbarians, like the Scythians or Phoenicians.

That's more-so the Romans. They had all these minor deities that basically everybody could claim ancestry from.

They are still the real Macedonians. Greeks are just larping.

nah man, if you stand in the middle of the road, you get run over by both sides

Diogenes, Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, Democritus, and Thales would like a word with both of you.

Are you surprised? The morons basically say that the famous Athenian lawmaker Solon met Moses/Moishe who told him about the 10 commandments

No, they weren't, and I'm specifically talking about Egypt. Shu and Tefnut (the Egyptian dyad) derive from Atum (the Egyptian monad, and self-caused). Technically, Egypt was neither polytheist nor monotheist, the gods are co-creators with Atum but still answer to his ontological priority

Read Uzdavinys you fucking pseud.

No, I'm telling you to leave the highway entirely.
Democritus literally visited Egypt and knew of Babylon. Thales was educated by an Egyptian priest. Socrates and his successors were also influenced by the mysteries.

I'm talking about before Egyptian high civilisation and those texts even arose, earlier Hamitic paganism.
Again, don't attack me for your low comprehension.

They are NOT Greeks. Greece didn't even exist until the 1830s and then they just claimed that they wuzzz anything that ever happened into the territory they took from the Ottomans.

really?

reminder the bible plagiarized plato ,socrates and aristotle.

It didn't. It was the neoplatonists way after both the Gospels and Socrates' students that injected Platonic ideas into it.

Which would never have influenced the Greeks, or if they did, only in an extremely attenuated form.

Again, low comprehension here. I'm not saying that Hamitic polytheism influenced the Greeks. I was saying that it was the origin of Egyptian paganism, as was Dravidian polytheism was for Vedic mythology which were what influenced the Greeks.

Stop saying shit like this. Monism doesn't contradict polytheism. Greeks, Egyptians and Indians were all polytheists AND monists.

Except it was the explicitly "monotheistic" Egyptian doctrines that informed and irrigated the Greek mystery schools, the Greeks succeeded in rationalizing the ineffable core of these doctrines, just like theologians recruited Greek philosophy to formalize their own faith

Tell that to the other guy.

Dorians were one of the greek tribes for example spartans were the most known dorians stravon said that macedon is also hellas your no-existant history makes you butthurt

Yes, we can agree on that. Again, I'm saying that these ideas became Egyptian paganism.

Just like the Assyrian triune God became the Christian trinity, right?

>The Greeks didn’t do anything because they had slight cultural influences from their neighbours
I have seen you shitting up this thread with your nonsense way too much.
By your logic, no person who has ever invented anything has done because he had teachers.

Greece became the center of knowledge for all Greeks. The fact that they also studied in the East doesnt prove anything. Furthermore it is not even sure wählt was taught since they were, you know mystery schools.

LOL
The Spartans were Illyrians, not even Greeks.
Greece didn't exist until the 1830s and even then they had a German king (That's gay as fuck)
My non-existent history? They have absolutely no history! Everybody knows they are larping. The whole world laughs at them!

It didn't though. These were three deities that are avatars or forms of one deity, i.e. modalism.
Yes, Greeks taught and mingled with their own philosophy, which was heavily influenced by the Egyptians and Chaldeans. I'm not saying that the Greeks didn't do anything at all and just regurgitated stuff, they obviously did, but that its origin and overall essence isn't Greek.

They obviously didn't*

Nah, the Oracles specifically mention God is a triune principle, a three-step process implied by the logical unity of the One

Basically modalism with 3 deities?

A slight influence does not negate the large contribution these thinkers did. Stop it Christcuck

What is the distinction with the Christian trinity, and what forms the essence of this difference beyond "it was revealed/they worship many, not One"?

A slight influence, yeah right. Pythagoras's maths essentially confirm the Chaldean origin that many ancient Greeks themselves suggested. Why wouldn't the same be for the eastern mystery schools?
Again, I'm not denying the Greeks made contributions to it. I'm saying that the Greeks didn't just suddenly think this stuff up and only "slightly" borrow from the other mystery schools.
Basically, modalism is the belief that the thee parts of the Trinity are different "modes" or "manifestations" of God (same thing can be said for the Hindus with avatarism), and not three co-existing persons that are one God.

True.

The level of Historical and ethnographic illiteracy is staggering.

Joh 1:1

>In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

>Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, kαὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, kαὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος.

Λόγος = Logos = Word

Of course it isn't. It's a greek word not jewish.

I used to adhere to Christianity, but seeing how it sprang from paganism, I started hating it.

wh*Tes really ruin everything.

Again, the Peshitta (which is in Aramaic) is more reliable than the Greek for the Gospel of John. No references to Greek metaphysics or Stoic concepts whatsoever.

>how it sprang from paganism
Where is the evidence?

Well you are now aware that we are the western most ME country. As well as one of the most bloodied areas in the world. Congratulations on concluding that cultural syncretism was unavoidable

I don't like this thread.