Axing America’s Android: Huawei files to trademark own mobile operating system worldwide

BYE GOOGLE.

rt.com/business/461856-huawei-trademark-us-ban/
archive.fo/JGG54
> Chinese technology giant Huawei is in the process of launching its “Hongmeng” operating system (OS) to replace Google’s Android OS, the firm’s vice president of public affairs and communications Andrew Williamson, has said.

>Huawei was blacklisted last month by US President Donald Trump’s administration which accused the company of spying for the Chinese government. The world’s biggest maker of telecoms network gear was barred from doing business with US tech companies, including Alphabet’s Google, whose Android OS is used in Huawei’s phones.

>According to UN data, Huawei Technologies is aiming to trademark its own OS in at least nine countries and Europe.

>“Huawei is in the process of potentially launching a replacement,” Williamson told Reuters, adding: “Presumably we’ll be trying to put trademarks.”

>Huawei has filed for a Hongmeng trademark in Cambodia, Canada, South Korea and New Zealand, data from the UN World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) showed. An application has also been filed in Peru in May, according to the country’s antitrust agency Indecopi.

>US State Department director for international communications policy Jonathan Fritz said that only time would show if Huawei could diversify. He was meeting with officials in Europe to warn against buying Huawei equipment for next-generation mobile networks.

>“It is a fair question to ask if one decides to go with Huawei and Huawei continues to be on our entity list, will Huawei be able to actually deliver what it promises any particular client,” said Fritz.

>Huawei has not yet revealed the details about its OS but the applications to trademark the operating system show that it wants to use Hongmeng for gadgets ranging from smartphones and portable computers to robots and car televisions.

Attached: file.png (1310x878, 774K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FBJ9ue6GKek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: IMG_2074.png (750x1334, 271K)

Attached: 105547695-1541130589400gettyimages-1031208294.jpg (4000x2731, 1.59M)

won't work, also how does this have to do with politics

This is current events.

Literally no one here buys their phones because they suck dick.

>“Hongmeng” operating system
I can already imagine this soulless, tasteless, insectoid abomination.

Attached: 1552374727039.jpg (365x500, 31K)

Bet it's android with a rebrand lol

>Literally no one here buys their phones because they suck dick.
Tell that to Jow Forums.

My friends a VP at Google and says they are ready for war

There phones for the price are pretty impressive but no amount of money will make me willfully give China a backdoor to my tech for there more than nefarious reasons

They're getting broken up. Fucking kek.

You already have an Israeli backdoor in almost every important piece of hardware you own... like your cpu.
Changing to a chinese one will be better.

WE'RE NOT MAKING SONIC
THIS IS OUR OWN ORIGINAL CHARACTER
BLONIC

Attached: blonic.png (771x390, 183K)

>canadian technology
youtube.com/watch?v=FBJ9ue6GKek

I know where captive of google here in north america. Plenty of countries would gladly dump that NSA jewish spy syste..

communism doesn't wo-

Your inferiority complex really knows no bounds does it?

Attached: 1454584877870.jpg (841x539, 122K)

rk

Based retarded boomer

I like Android. I don't want any Chinese operating system. A lot less than I even want a Chinese phone.

Loooooooool

Wtf is this then?

Dude,

I've been hacking since 93'. You may have heard of me, you may have not.... I go by the handle of Cereal Killer (as in fruit loops?) Look, I know you play the game, but you gotta give yourself time. Here kid, I'm gonna give you some advice. If I was going to hack some heavy metal, I'd take the back door. Forget all that cash machine in Bumsville bullshit. You wanna be elite? You gotta hack the planet, because (((they're))) trashing our rights.

user, are you alright?

It'll just be android with minor changes. You think Chinks have the creativity required to make an OS, in a few weeks no less?

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 9K)

WTF
Is this HongMeng and/or ArkOS the same thing as the ArkOS that already exists. The lead developer being a guy in Montreal? Both Huawei ArkOS and that ArkOS are for the ARM chips/architecture.
Did they just steal the name or are they the same thing?

It would be hard for them to make their os worse than android

Global elites have agreed to fracture the planet to preserve their own power.
>Russian intranet
>uk clamour for great Victorian fw or summat
>social media demonetising and deplatforming
>fragmenting of Linux into region variants and then mobile Linux
Get comfy lads, 1984 inbound
>google approves this post

Attached: crimsonbug.jpg (643x638, 73K)

Original Operating System Do Not Steal.

Attached: myway.png (500x473, 69K)

Chinks are terrible at software though.

I'll bet $100 that the chinks will rip everything from Android, make some minor changes, and voila - Hongmeng has been "created"

It's just going to be a copy of Android

>copy
Android is open source - the google environment isn't.
It's gonna be a fork of android with chinese proprietary garbage on top.

That said not like Joogle made it either. Like everything they bought it off the white man for cheap and make tons of shekels off it

Attached: ed2.png (680x1483, 180K)

lel