U.K. Bans Advertisements Depicting Gender Stereotypes

>No more commercials showing men struggling to do a load of laundry, or asking women if they are “beach body ready.”

>Men unable to change diapers; women cleaning while men kick their feet up on the couch; women having trouble with parking: Scenes like these, which play on gender stereotypes, are now banned in British advertisements. Britain’s advertising regulator announced the changes in December, but companies were given a six-month adjustment period before they took effect.

>The U.K.’s Advertising Standards Authority said in a statement that it will also ban ads that connect physical features with success in the romantic or social spheres; assign stereotypical personality traits to boys and girls, such as bravery for boys and tenderness for girls; suggest that new mothers should prioritize their looks or home cleanliness over their emotional health; and mock men for being bad at stereotypically “feminine” tasks, such as vacuuming, washing clothes or parenting.

>The guidelines were developed after a report from the regulator found that gender-stereotypical imagery and rhetoric “can lead to unequal gender outcomes in public and private aspects of people’s lives.” The report came on the heels of a few British ads that perpetuated negative assumptions about women, including one for Protein World, a weight-loss drink, which paired a bikini-clad model with the question: “Are you beach body ready?” The posters inspired a Change.org petition with more than 70,000 signatures demanding the removal of the ads.

archive.fo/Qf8NW

Attached: 14ukgenderads-1-superJumbo.jpg (2048x2015, 521K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiwand.com/en/Lysenkoism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>depicting reality is now against the law
I wonder when UK will go full 1984

Surely this can't go on much longer...

...right guys?

The only people making ads like that do so to make fun of the stereotypes.

By the way, the stereotypes all come from a handful of post-war ads. Feminists cherry picked those they thought of as the worst examples of sexism and displayed them as if they were the rule.

Attached: 1560392714551.png (1038x1049, 1.88M)

>>depicting reality is now against the law
What's scarier, that or making jokes being illegal?

The only ads on UK TV are for gambling.

>I wonder when UK will go full 1984
A couple of years ago.

How much longer

I cannot imagine gambling add not having men doing the gambling and women being sexy on the side. I just can't. And lets be honest for a second - men have to be 80% of the gambling companies target audience. Women just cannot become fanatical about anything, but men can. This is both good and bad.

>uk bans advertising to the target audience
my sides.

> Women just cannot become fanatical about anything, but men can
Women are more likely to be religious.

and they would still be less extreme about it.

If a women become religious she is likely to be a trad whore - looks and acts like a trad woman but has fucked 10 niggers in the past 1 month.

your talking about inherent biological qualities that express themselves in behavior, that typical, because all women and all men are similar to an extent, this called a stereotype. however it seems the entire uk government is run by ignorant social constructivist, that believe culture are responsible for these behaviors, so they attempt to socially engineer.

No. The fervency of women's religiosity is greater than men's.

well no problem really - communists in the past believed that if they plant plants together, they will unite in the name of communism. A logical thing called wikiwand.com/en/Lysenkoism that killed only 50 million. If the same people are making laws in the UK right now, maybe it is time for you to get the fuck out of the UK and live literally anywhere else.

brexit doesn't even matter. they're fucked either way lol. fucking feminist controlled faggots.

man i have no statistics to counter you, but I just do not believe that women can be devoted to anything more than men on average.

At the start of the commercial I’d have the woman actors say they identify as men and vise versa. Checkmate faggot brits.

Childrearing? Abortion contradicts that, but women are generally more devoted to their offspring.

btw this whole thing is just so liberal that i cannot imagine something more liberal: liberals are concerned with individual person liberty while conservatives are concerned with the family unit. The downside of liberalism is that you get less women to give birth and thus get replaced by the conservatives, but conservatives are more "tyrannical" in the sense that they do not have a lot of individual freedom.

A move like that guarantees that there will be less British families in the future, fucking the future of the country beyond repair. It is so diabolical yet effective....

yea... i guess this is the only thing that they seem to be more devoted to than men. I agree here.

...And it's one of the first things that come to mind when reading the title of this article. Basic observations such as these are written off as being "gender-essentialist" when anyone can make them and they've been made since the dawn of man.

kek
uk government ruining tv..the only thing that kept the goyim sedated for that last 70 years

bump