Why does christianism teach us to "turn the other cheek"?

why does christianism teach us to "turn the other cheek"?

I think jesus was wrong with that teaching

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bh-B-gPIViw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jesus never taught that.
You just don't understand what he meant.
Go read the Catechism before saying silly things.

so what exactly did he mean with that quote?

Martial arms says to not allow your opponent to control the situation. Because of entrapment. So, some one imitates violence. Fighting is fine, BUT?! you could be being manipulated into a fight to lose. Like, a bitch slaps you, you slap her back. Ok, But! She had already planned the divorce and her new cop boyfriend saw THE WHOLE THING JUDGE.

TFW Shaniqua activates her trap card.

Jebus was only nice to his brainwashed tribe

John 2:15 (KJV)
15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

Attached: 1559949826247.png (350x498, 269K)

It literally means to turn the cheek. If an attacker would have the audacity to to have another free shot that is when yo can act in self defense; and that is the real meaning of "offering" the other cheek.

Attached: Ahum.jpg (1024x1024, 69K)

"turn the other cheek" actually meant "being a badass" in Roman days.
See, Romans had the legal right to slap people in the face. If you fought back, slow painful death. Most people thought that meant the only other option was 'be a sniveling obedient subject and take it like a bitch.'
In that day, you would hit someone inferior with your left hand, as hitting them with your right hand implied they were your equal. Jesus is the guy who came up with the idea that when a Roman hit you with his left hand, you man the fuck up and dare him to hit with his right, and acknowledge you as his equal. Like, 'oh big fuckin brave boy eh Claudius? Hit me again, i fuckin dare ya'
tl;dr you don't have the balls to follow Jesus
also early Christianity was a sex cult. prove me wrong.

Attached: seinfeld cigar.jpg (288x306, 10K)

Attached: AF7F3794-4EF7-4720-95DA-D262808DC075.jpg (600x675, 50K)

>Catechism
tldr wtrd?

On these lines desu, its a passive aggressive challenge

it's an insertion. Slave teaching. They don't want us reverting to being a Muslim because we instantly become divinely militant.

>YOU DON'T GET IT!
>IT WAS ABOUT MAKING PEOPLE ACKNOWLEDGE YOU AS AN EQUAL
>LOOK AT THIS "HISTORICAL CONTEXT" I PULLED OUT OF MY ASS
There is no talking to these jew slaves

turn the other cheek means not to make mountains out of molehills. let the small things go

if struck on both cheeks, that was an indication of a duel.

Shit, I was too late. They're already here pushing this bullshit.

you're a protestant, right?

The teachings only apply to other christians.

One turns the other cheek after being slapped on the fist cheek. A “slap” implies a minor confrontation and too avoid escalation for no good reason. This would not include an attack to the level of bodily harm.

>also early Christianity was a sex cult. prove me wrong.
Mushrooms too

Attached: Icon_of_Christ_Agnus_Dei_(15_c.).jpg (471x467, 66K)

It means turn your enemy into your friend. Kill them with kindness

Like pic related

youtu.be/bh-B-gPIViw

Attached: F1D940C0-BE5D-45F2-AFB0-1DEFA20E5DC1.jpg (750x220, 80K)

It meant to not be a spergy retard. Self defense is a-ok, but don’t get vindictive over petty bullshit.