Does anyone feel like college is a waste of time and money and regret going...

Does anyone feel like college is a waste of time and money and regret going? I honestly think in most majors you don’t even learn anything applicable to a job. I was an accounting major. I feel like the “college experience” is for people who do easy majors and go to big schools. I went to a rural school of 1,000~ with a 70% acceptance rate, idk if they’ll even help me get an internship with anything besides a few shitty local places. It takes up so much of my time studying and I’m a junior so I’ve already spent enough of my parents money that I have to finish. I’ll have like 68 credits after this summer and 80 by the end of the year.

I’m not even in debt but I feel like I should’ve just gone into a trade to save myself the trouble and stress and time of studying. Maybe tech. But in the end I feel like tech workers are just desk jockeys like accountants. At least they’re doing something interesting though sometimes.

I just want to kill myself to escape the rat race and stress of school and life in general. I honestly think people working shitty jobs in gas stations and managing Walgreen’s are happier than most people that graduate school and work their asses off in their careers and studying being doctors, lawyers, engineers, accountants, etc.

Then again maybe all jobs suck. And life just sucks.

Attached: 1560575145122.png (828x1792, 2.77M)

I got about 50 pairs of used women's shoes from the exercise center so I'm pretty happy about my experience

Frogfag

Tl,dr

Nice meme flag faggot

You didn't know college is a scam?
Wow. Just. Wow.

Attached: download (20).jpg (474x355, 20K)

based

yeah, but my boomer dad said he'd cut me off if I didn't go. He cut me off when I graduated anyway, and I'm still unemployed.

yeah the uni jew is pointless for probably half the people that go, a more practical diploma is better
it's about getting student debt for banks, and funding gender studies departments

Yeah, totally. Every one of my peers who got a good job was a brown kid and none of the white ones went on to have anything prestigious. The entire job industry, not just manual labor, is a race toward the bottom and affirmative action is simply a way of dressing it up as societal good.

I ended up being given a trust fund the year before I graduated, though. That was a nice surprise. They raised me until then making me think I'd be poor and need to work with inferior brown people my whole life.

Attached: 1548812246382.gif (500x477, 509K)

Sorry for being ignorant, but isn’t college free in France? Unless you’re using a VPN I’m curious as to how you’ve spent your parent’s money.

At least I got full scholarship. I think you need to meet the right people user. Uni life becomes amazing when your good friends are polacks

as an engineer i honestly doubt that people working at gas stations/walgreens are happier. it's hard to not be stressed out when money is an issue.

i think the only reason i personally feel stressed is because i am not actually good at my job (though i'd say that about most of coworkers as well). eventually my employer will realize they can just a get a new grad who actually has potential.

if you are even remotely competent, working at a big+old tech company (i.e. not start ups) is chill.

So many have fallen for the uni degree meme (including me). It enrages me. So much time wasted.
Just redpill the next generation of students so that they don't get scammed they way we did.

Attached: tired wojak.jpg (750x683, 127K)

Any 200 IQ oldfags have any redpilled advice on how to get rich and careers?

how about you study something worthwhile?

Yeah, everything sucks. If you have nothing to live for and are just working to fend off homelessness/starvation, just put a bullet in your head and be done with it

Use your student loans to buy Link. It just doubled in price within a week.

Attached: 1559262186029.jpg (600x598, 52K)

unless the job you want requires a certain degree. do not go to college

The data on schooling now seems to indicate that schooling has very little effect on life outcome. In order to do complex jobs you need to have the knowledge and skills that job requires but that can often be learned on the job while climbing the corporate ladder starting out as a Jnr.

What is the best predictor of life outcome is your IQ plus your trait contentiousness. The only other component is access to the relevant learning materials. And it used to be back in the day that what Uni offered was a really decent library where students could read the texts. But now you can get all of that online, you can learn almost anything at almost any level through the internet just on YouTube. The only thing that's not as abundant is accreditation.

I'd argue that for the bottom 90% of job on the scale of cognitive complexity a high IQ person would be better going straight into a career position as a Jnr and spending those 3-4 years climbing the corporate ladder and self educating themselves, that when you account for student loans and the wasted 4 years that college is net negative. Like for like comparing 2 people that take these 2 different paths, one of those people is going to have a permanent +4 years head start in business experience that the other person simply cannot get back.

The major exceptions to this are professions that require by law that you have specific qualifications, typically in the medical and legal fields.

No, it's good. There are no negatives really.

Don't listen to this guy. Its a crypto scam

engineering major is the best there is
you get a 78k+ per year on the get go
and there is an actual shortage at the moment
so youll get a job quickly

Commercial real estate. Dont buy a house, buy an apartment complex even 16 units is good. No duplexes. Fix the place up fill it up then sell it and buy a bigger one 50+ units is the size you can keep and collect rent. You need a good 50k so get that and then raise the rest of the downpayment any way you can, sometimes sellers will finance you. Get your first 50k doing flooring work. Install flooring because it's easy any retard can do it and you dont need many tools. Get to work and save for that first 50k. Most people dont know what they would do with 50k if they had it. Now you do. Also be sure to start a Nevada or Wyoming based LLC to hold your properties as those states provide inside and outside protections. Meaning no one would know you own these properties. I lived in my first apartment complex and no one knew I was the owner since there was already a manager there when I bought the place. But if you ever go to court your assets will be safe from divorce etc

I'm completing a master's at the moment. Absolute waste of time. I just need it because I switch jobs often and education gives you credibility in lots more places

Attached: 1560568205053.jpg (1067x1067, 346K)

i wish i earned a bachelors at a community college instead of doing it at a university.
maybe i should have just saved all the money and bought a fake degree from china.

Depends on what you call "rich". There are two classes in this world, the owners and the workers. The owners have $10 million or more, and can just pay someone a small fee to invest this money in order to get a safe return on investment of 5% per annum, i.e $500,000.

You won't get rich by investing your own money if you're poor, which means you're part of the working class. Then, do what you are good at : good programmers can make 6 figures in the US, or chemists, or bankers, because they're good at what they do and this knowledge and experience is what companies are willing to pay a lot for.

tl;dr : since you're poor, don't fall for the investment meme. 5% is nothing if you have a capital of $1000. Get gud and become a valuable asset for a company

the only reason to go to college is either for medicine or stem (engineering mostly). and I think for a law degree too

Attached: 1528531256620.jpg (1024x630, 69K)

18 year old flip girls look like kids compared to Western thots wtf.

French pasta?
Money matters. Especially for men.
Things worth doing in college:
law
accounting / economics / business
STEM
Things not worth doing:
* studies, philosophy, literature, art history.
There's a list (pic related) of highest and lowest paid graduate positions. If you're not interested in the high paying ones... Don't go.

Attached: pic.gif (624x662, 50K)

dunno, almost everyone in Europe seems to have some kind of college education and usually you get paid more with a degree than someone who doesn't have one for the same job.

Attached: 1492872797090.png (500x378, 194K)

Yes it's a waste of time, but it's a needed waste of time. Good luck entering an industry without a degree, unless you have connections - which you don't.
Even if you do work your way in and gain industry experience, in promotions they will always choose degree educated over you and it will always be held against you, as it's the same as not graduating highschool at this point.
Also why the fuck would you do a trade, are you retarded purposely moving down the social ladder? If you're so shit for brains that you were unable to handle choosing a useful degree in a good university or not dropping out, you will hate your life in trade, where you ass is going to fucking work, and work hard, unlike desk graduate jobs.

Complete the degree, put in only as much effort as needed to get good grade, don't make it your life. If you drop out you're telling everyone you have no commitment ability to do something as easy as university, especially if you went to a literal who university with useless degree.

>t. Retard who fell for meme, dropped out 1st year, had to work for 4 years to finally earn 45k in an industry I got in by luck, finally got back into uni and am looking at offers on graduation of 70k starting, because I chose a non meme degree at a non meme university. Also I actually get to enjoy what's left of my fucking youth now.

Attached: 1535969021569.jpg (2730x4096, 1.31M)

College is worth it if

A) you went to a very prestigious school

B) you got a free ride due to scholarships or wealthy parents

C) you made several connections at college that got you into a high paying career

You need at least one of these to be true for college to be worth it. For me it was B. My degree is not marketable, I made no connections, and my school was not famous. I only got a job because of preexisting connections from before I went to college. So college was totally meaningless for my current line of work. However, because I didn't go into debt, I have no reason to regret it. Overall I am a better, smarter person for having studied in a university.

what degree?

> philosophy, literature, art history.
Ironically, in Europe, these were originally the entire reason to go to university. These subjects were considered to have the highest social and cultural value, because it was literally mastery over culture, something only the extremely wealthy and privileged could attain due to not needing to work for a living.

It was only after universities became open to working class people that the emphasis on more practical subjects began taking hold. Universities have since transitioned from places where elite scholars become the masters of the cultural capital to essentially factories to produce better workers.

The fucking piece of paper that you get after 4-6 years of wasting your time learning your only job that you will work.

Actuarial science.
Most change to another degree in the first year.
Also listen to this guy this is some deep redpill life advice on how you should approach it all.

Problem with this attitude is that if you accept this as true then you permanently trap yourself into the "worker" class.

What you're missing out on is that not all investments are equal, a safe investment of 5% return barely outstrips the value lost to inflation, there are investments with much bigger returns but as the return goes up, so does the risk.

That means if you want to get very wealthy then you can take bigger risks. Me and some colleagues took a big risk by taking our savings and all putting money into starting a business Nov last year, so we're about 6 months old and we're already profitable. We each put in about £6k of our own savings and already at the £100k revenue mark and in fact in the next ~2 months we'll double that. So being profitable inside 3 months is basically unheard of for almost all startup businesses.

But what that requires to work is:
1) You need to know your shit, you need to work in a profession that has some valuable skills and you need to get seriously good (10+ years) so that you have a good reputation among your peers
2) You need some peers, people you work with who have skills that compliment your own, and who respect you for the quality work you do. Networking with other people, especially competent people is absolutely critical
3) Trust, if you want to start a business with people then you need trust with them, not just in their skills but as them as good people, good people attract one another because it's not easy to find.
4) Some investment capital, you need to be super conservative with your money so you have some savings, and also so you have a good credit rating, so that if you do need to get that money through a loan, you'll get a decent rate.
5) Some balls and the right attitude to make it work. That might mean working 2 jobs like I have for about 2 years, so you have a secure income from your primary job and you work your own business in what time you have spare, it's seriously hard work.

Wow. Perfect ass in tights. Nice.

The high school > college > job meme is dying.
Getting a college degree should be like getting a driver’s license: something you get if you don’t want to look like a retard when you’re older. Basically a check the box sort of life achievement. Thus, the effort to get it should be minimal.
Don’t see college or a degree as the golden ticket to success or happiness. Do it for the lulz or as a perfunctory action.

Get CPA certified and you'll make 65k on average. Yes a rigorous compsci degree would have gotten you 15 - 25k more on average, but that ship has probably sailed. A "trade" would earn you far less than both those on average. Accounting is an easy major that guarantees a job, so stop bitching like it is a physics degree.

I’m going in for Agricultural Science this year, any advice ?

Well that was his point really, to amass the social capital that is needed to succeed in a high risk investment such as a start up, the best course for a poorfag is to get gud at a high paying industry sector and make a career of it, rather than wasting life on dead end jobs and luck based investment scams or future "safety" nets that will allow your decrepit ass to just manage by when you're old.
Good on you though.

dont go to college take over your fathers business

Attached: 1560105285831.jpg (764x1024, 182K)

I knew this was going to happen. The money is good but fuck man reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Attached: 1560441525270.jpg (504x470, 98K)

From what I've found that degree will get you into upper management positions in agriculture industry, at least in Europe.
Don't drop out, make "friends" with people who look competent and any richfags, take all non meme opportunities that come your way - especially anything to do with prospective employers, don't overbear yourself needlessly just do what is required to get good grades in terms of academic work.
Also fucking enjoy your youth shit changes fast when you're in work.

Attached: dat_azz_0.jpg (600x838, 107K)

Got 1/3 of a degree and regret it so much. Cost £5,000 for nothing.

No, because I got a real degree and a six figure job out of college. Go away, brainlet.

41 and made $191 K last year with no college degree needing trade job.
Jokes on you, sucker.

> t. not afraid of work

now you see why everyone hates boomers

Yeah you need the startup capital for sure and one way to earn that is to get a career and be conservative with your spending. Try and avoid "jobs" that aren't focused on the career path you want, so don't work retail, you'd be better off getting paid less in a Jnr position inside a department that opportunities for you to move up.

Ultimately you will need some kind of investment capital to start your own business or to do any kind of investing, it's better if its money you've earned because if you bring in external investors they'll take most of your business and even then it's often really hard to convince them it's going to work. Living not frugally but just conservatively, do not take out debt of any kind, live below your means, put money into savings as much as you can. Avoid fads like expensive cars and new phones every year.

Luck based investment is no different from gambling, it's not worth it. The good thing about high risk investments like the one I took by starting a business is that you can mitigate a lot of the risks yourself by working your ass off, maybe you'll work 80 hours a week rather than 40. By being competent and that means first having a career and actually getting good by working hard a that career. Working hard also helps, people who work 10% more overtime get paid 40% more on average, it's a non linear return for working harder than the average Joe.

Thing that annoys me is that I know a bunch of people who own businesses and who range in money from middle class to rich, and the one thing people accuse them of as business owners is being that kind of 1920's monopoly guy caricature. But actually they worked their fucking ass off to get where they are, vanishingly small number of them were born rich. They worked like fucking crazy and risked it all betting on their own hard work.

join the military, fuck the rat race

When did you start making that amount you old geezer?
Non meme degree and prestigious uni will have you making that in 3-4 years (some in the 1st in USA) if you're smart about it, in your fucking 20s, in an ez comfortable work environment that doesn't require the death of your body.

Yeah let's spill our guts for Israel's lebensraum

FUCK TRUMP AND FUCK STINKY LINKIES

That's going from the rat race to the flee race. At least american military actually gives gives you gibs unlike ours. It's only a good option if you enjoy killing and are fine with dying, and know that you can make it into sf.

dude, accounting is an easy job and you spend your life around accounting sloots. just get into the gov doing tax auditing and live life on easy mode.

also, are you a shitskin?

Call me old all you want...got into the trade at 28....was making 6 figures by year 2...yeah its work, but the more higher you move up in trade experience, you get apprentices under you that take the abuse I once did.
At least I recognized the error in college degree corporate life early enough to make a self correction.

Just built a disgusting house, three car garage, pool table in the game room. Still no college debt.

Yeah, my body took a hit, but that's life, user.
Get your steel toe work EH rated boots on and get that money that's just waiting out there for you.

Just talked to a 20 year old in the job, just hired, making $65 K before OT. Smart kid.

what's your degree in?

you can do that? can just go online and teach myself then buy a degree and get hired?

get training in a real career so that when our country collapses you can just move somewhere else. not joking.

>mommy higher education was waste of time
Only idiots who studied filmography, gender studies or fast food sciences say this.

I'm doing an engineering degree now. I spend a lot of time in the shop, and I got a patent for one of my designs as a sophomore.

Choose your degree well and college should be fine. Also, don't go to a school that has higher than a 50% acceptance rate. An "engineering degee" from community college is worthless.

Tinder plus is gay

Economics.

Although I deep all social sciences branches a more or less scam, I extend my criticism to other, more legit domains that are simply not connected to the real market demand (e.g. astrophysicists etc).

This

a lot of guys here hate trades and i think it depends on the area and your own competency. If you're good you're going to get tons of contracts. Everybody wants a clean cut guy that they can trust and they're rarer than youd think nowadays.
And, once you've got clients, expanding your business depends on your own business acumen. I know trades guys that have their own companies that make 200K+, so it's definately possible. If you do it, just eat well, sleep well, shoot testosterone after 40 and your body will last you a long time.

don't economists have to get PHDs and write meme books to differentiate themselves nowadays?

Go to college to make connections and network. Research people in your classes as much as what you study. Hone in on people with connections in the industry you want to work in and become good friends.
Too many people go to college get a degree and have no network, that’s stupid. Even joining a frat is better than fucking around with losers for 4 years coming out with a degree and no network or prospects.
The whole HR meme is for people who were dumb enough not to build connections in college.
I learned this way after college and my life was totally turned around when I focused on meeting the right people and playing off on people I met to meet others.
Went from having to put out 100 resumes a month to knowing people directly connected to the president of the United States.
My case is stupidly lucky but the principle is the same.

MIT/Stanford/whatever you fancy of, their courses are available on Youtube. Books, very downloadable.

Back when I enrolled in 2007, video streaming was new, and books were either offline or not easily piratable.

Why do you think India grows economically? They rip everything from the Internet, then move to the States themselves. I watched how they teach kids actually, it's a mix of English words with quick explanations in Hindu. They're thoroughly Americanized.

The Chinese keep their culture to themselves, but hard sciences, it's all in English to them. They study abroad and value foreign education like it's colonial times.

This cannuck gets it.

>PhDs
Not all want to make a career into the academia business (cult). besides, there can only be so many PhDs. University education should be focused on getting you a decent job.
Half of my college friends don't work in jobs related to our studies and those that do, all ended up becoming accountants or auditors, which required even more external training (ACCA diplomas etc). They could have gotten the same jobs without wasting 4 years of their life in meme degrees.

Guess we're just different breed of men then. Could never get into trade, but maybe that's because of the calibre of people working on it here in london (pakis, polaks and bong white trash type).

Yeah it's a waste of money three years and you only learn theoretical bullshit that helps nobody and is useless.

Yeah, it is a waste of time. Well it can be, but it depends. If you want a career based around technical skills in an unregulated industry, like programming, graphic design, copywriting, etc. You can learn enough on your own to get your first job, then continually move to jobs with greater and greater responsibility, all the time building your skills on the job. When you have enough experience you can easily move into management and go quite far up the corporate ladder.

If you want to work in a regulated industry, like medicine, law, or even a trade like being electrician or plumber, you need to achieve those qualifications somehow. In the case of some of those, like law, you still need to hustle to build your career even with the qualifications

There are some cushy jobs that you can get via qualifications, but those jobs are pretty lame and mostly appeal to women. For example, you could easily become a teacher, librarian, nurse etc. just by getting the qualifications and showing up.

If you want to be an entrepreneur then college is probably a complete waste of time, though you do need a way to support yourself while you work on your business.

>actually wishing a trade job
Il faut être particulièrement obtus, mon vieux...

I am a recent engineering grad. Yes. It's the biggest god damn scam on the planet. I wish I had the humility to learn a trade and live humbly and happily.

jerk off

Just do what I did. I make my girl pay for everything, and she works two jobs. I lift, train, and hang out with our son. I take him to school, karate, tennis, jiu jitsu, swimming. Women wanted to be "empowered", fine. My wife is in the medical field and makes ok money, during the school year I sometimes work part time, and get to make sure my son is raised correctly.