Shenmue 3 - a guide of how companies can not be trusted

Why are companies allowed to betray their loyal customers? this is a far too frequent in the vidya space.

>be dev
>have vision
>spend the most in gaming history on your first release of a series at the time
>release 2nd part of the story and sega pull out on future versions because it seems risky/too expensive
>fans spend yeas campaigning to get the third instalment
>raise lots of capital between them
>dev gets money
>decides to pull a switcharoo months before release, and take the game from steam to epic for an epic exclusive
>promises made to supporters broken
>supporters told they will be the first to play the trial version anywhere in the world
>dev takes it to e3 and lets other people play it first
>this idea seemed fine to the dev
>fans are outraged
why do companies do this? how do customers fight back?
kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2536393?fbclid=IwAR2XO5gLG9m4_LbaFLpkfN5AWgUQKRpDduS_76JHV5C2AMpz8y-Yx2uzvLQ

Attached: s3g.jpg (1883x969, 344K)

Wrong board. Head to /v/ faggot.

They also fucked Kojima and now Metal Gear is like shit from an 80 year old dementiatic man

its the right board retard, its news and politics

its fucking wrong. i have found about 1% supportive comments to teh devs, 99% raging angry about epic games. they charged like $100 dollars for physical copy, and the physical copy is no longer a disk, but a piece of card with a code on lol. imagine paying double to have a piece of card lol. like seriously, wtf was suzuki doing before the fans saved his vision in the last 17 years lol

I have a solution for Ys net. why dont they reopen the backing stage, so other people can help save the game from epic? it wont be ideal but if they can get another 50k people to back it, thats about 2.5 million extra money, and it can still go to steam. maybe steam could step in and help ys net pay less in fees?

You end so many sentences with "lol" and it leads me to believe you're unhinged and neurotic

Bing Bing wahooo you can still play the game as always faggot. Get changd.com by the epic launcher and deal with it. They never promised steam only PC. don't be a fucking baby. I fucking hate modern gamers sucking gabes fat encompassed stubby cock.

kill yourself

I dont get how anyone could support the video game industry after gamergate. Not only was the scandal behind gamergate real but the entire industry did nothing but double and triple down on the same bullshit. Now, they are not only collaborating with reviewers to print lies about the quality of their games.... Not only have they gotten more ridiculous with dlc... They are actively defrauding anyone that buys their games with the cardboard 'physical copy' shit... Releasing games that are barely out of alpha as AAA titles... Like, seriously, why? Why keep giving them money? Why keep taking the bait? If you "absolutely need" to play vidya there are so many fucking old games that shit on new ones. The "modern video game industry" is part of the problem... Stop giving them money, let the companies fucking die of their own ill will and hope that something better rises from the ashes (probably wont).

>being this deluded.
ok kid

Attached: 62517299_10219796266558073_6719207924905803776_n.jpg (767x584, 44K)

i thought the japanese honoured their deals. had no idea they were just like the chinese.
sad

Attached: nobitnooooooooo.png (1085x610, 838K)

It looks like complete ass.

sega doesnt actually like western nations. they have made p[ublic statements over the years. this doesnt start when the dreamcast died.

no it started when EA pulled a power play on sega sports during the ps2 xbox and gamecube generation of consoles. sega won a legal battle about this later but it was clear to many in the west were cheering for the home team. they slashed all western ports and walked away after that.

what a french company named aplitude studios would try later with almost all of its staff moving to a rival company who made rts 4x games and france trying to get a publisher (a company that handles licensing fees and physical copies for a slice of the profits) to pay to keep their lights on through french legal faggotry made it clear that france was basically a bunch of white supremacists

they dont actually like any of you . you have been humored. they know america will try something in 2020 during the olympics just as they had in s korea a couple opf years ago. this is the end of many things and your not leaving on a high note

im not sure how they are going to get the game to current gen quality. the mouth movements are hilarious

I miss sega rally
I was playing that 10 years after it came out

sega has nothing to do with shenmue 3.

man i loved sega rally. i loved the delta. were you a delta or celica guy?

Deltabro!

Developers/publishers dumbing down series is as old as time itself.

shenmue 1 was good at the time on dreamcast but now ? its total garbage too old.. shenmue 3 will fflop like a duke nukem.. the old jap bastard was bankrupt and needed money so he made a shity demo for tge basedboys and fuck them after catching those sweets yens

>Why are companies allowed to betray their loyal customers?
Because their objective is not customer’s satisfaction but money. It doesn’t matter if they ruin their reputation as long as they get the money.

i bought the remasters on steam to compare, and the remasters did well. feels much smoother, maybe even slightly faster. i think it held up alright

it was yu suzuki's pension plan.
>rip of loyal fan base
>keep money
>move to somewhere nice

Dear Yu Suzuki,

as written to you already by mail.

The Backers negotiated a contract only between You and Fangamer as your legal representative for the fulfillment.

You remember we made an prepayment (even if it’s called pledge) and Fangamer sent an Offer (via Survey)

and we Backer had to choose our final product? Each Backer got an Order Confirmation with a Specific Order Number. Within this mail it is clearly confirmed that what we get from your side for our money. E.g. Steam Key, PSN Key and/or a physical copy of the game as disk. There are also no further indications within this order confirmation that this will be supplement to change in the future. This is a simple standard sales contract you negotiated with us. From a sales perspective side all further notifications you made which doesn’t refer to the above mentioned order no. are irrelevant.

If you and Fangamer doesn’t want to break at least one EU-Consumer Rights Protection Law you had to ask us if we’re accepting the changes you made to our Order Confirmation. And we would have the right to decline it and getting an refund, insisting on the fulfillment or accepting the new outcome for selling your Fans to Epic. But you had to ask beforehand and not changing the Rules single-edged from your side. This would be simply illegal in the EU.

And yes your Backers didn’t sign any contract with Deep Silver/Koch Media and Epic. We did not placed an order to them. So any changes forced by Deep Silver/Koch Media are strictly irrelevant for the business between us.

In case you and your Partners are not willing to find and support any sufficient solution at least the EU-Citizens have the legal right to charge back the money or sue you for fulfillment and contract breach.

We will see how you want to gain trust back. But I doubt that Deep Silver or you recognizes the damage you did already, So long Live well.

>crowdfunding gaymes

how many times must this go wrong before you faggots stop doing it

latina unrelated

Attached: 1479720368172.png (315x593, 414K)

Good. Fuck pc beggars.
If you own pc in 2019 you should unironically kill yourself. PC beggars are the biggest cucks of the industry.

Attached: hits pipe.jpg (3840x2160, 946K)

being a patreon or kickstarter for some gay vidya is peak soi
take it to /v/

>my partner is good at hurting multi-million $ companies
SJW confirmed, letter in broken English, so just some random pleb from resetera or some other garbage SJW site. fuck gaymers who insist every game must be only on steam for their personal convenience.

Attached: 1534629695770.jpg (600x600, 72K)

shenmue is a very overrated series anyway

Pillars of Eternity 1 was crowdfunded and it's an enjoyable cRPG.

imagine being this butthurt that you have to download a different launcher to play a game lol entitled gamers make me laugh

Bug man drama. Kill. Your. Self.

Celica guy here great game
>no it started when EA pulled a power play on sega sports during the ps2 xbox and gamecube generation of consoles. sega won a legal battle about this later but it was clear to many in the west were cheering for the home team. they slashed all western ports and walked away after that.
This actually ruined sports games to this day as well

lol is not punctuation fuckstick.

I wish I new about this before Hand. I've been working overnights at E3

>Pillars of Eternity 1 was crowdfunded and it's an enjoyable cRPG.
Same with Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2

Attached: divinity_original_sin.jpg (1280x720, 220K)

No it's not.
Fuck off.

Thanks for doxxing yourself Brian L Peterson.
Can you be more retarded?

>waaa this shitty weeb game isn't on my gamebox of choice

this

Attached: op (3).jpg (497x427, 101K)

you forgot the no refunds part

>what shirt size would you like?
>Unisex XL
>Unisex
You're a Big Xir

Shenmue 3 is backed by the jews

European Union has stronger Consumer Laws.

EU would sue Shenmue for free.

In Japan, the mandatory age of retirement is 60 years old.

>Most Japanese companies require that employees retire upon reaching a specified age. During most of the postwar period, that age was 55. Because government social security payments normally begin at age 60, workers are forced to find reemployment to fill the five-year gap. However, in 1986 the Japanese Diet passed a law to provide various incentives for firms to raise their retirement age to 60. Many Japanese companies raised the retirement age they had set, partly in response to this legislation.

>The current law requires companies to allow employees to work until 65 if they wish. In practice, most companies, trying to keep a lid on labor costs, set a mandatory retirement age at 60, with an option of further five years’ work on reduced pay.

This Shemue fucker creator is alread 61 years old and padding his retirement.

Legally, he can't be allowed to work at any company in Japan due to Japan's mandatory retirement age so this kickstarter could have been his last shot at retirement savings.

It's just going to keep getting worse too, "games as a service" are literally fraud (sold as a good but effectively just a temporary license), and they're looking to take that to the next level where you just stream games and never have any of the actual code.

get your money back and can the prject for good,

kill it with fiere!

In America, this is also considered consumer fraud and your state attorney general would even take up this case.

>loyalty to corporations
imagine being this much of a faggot

WAAAAAH MUH STEAAAAAM

why are you manbabies so attached to some shitty fucking DRM? it's because of you cunts that i have to open a bloated launcher at all

fuck you

Why are pcfags so delusional they think Steam is a good service?

I love steam DRM, on release day crack and torrent with 100% certainty

French white supremacist reporting in, can confim Shenmue Dreamcast was one of the best game ever made.
>Shenmue, Soul Edge, Crazy Taxi
Good Times ...

There's a generic steam unwrapper on github somewhere, it doesn't work for everything but steam isn't strong DRM nor is it intended to be.

muh cheap licenses for games, feed me more games i wont play gayben, uh god do you like all the money im feeding you

they are proto-zoomers, worshipping their big tech gods

pretty sure that breaks the ToS

Sure but for offline games that you've paid for who cares, it's no different from using a noCD crack for convenience.

In related news you only own a console because it’s all you can afford.

The Divinity guys are some of the most badass isometric rpg makers ever in the industry making crowdfunded games because they hate Jews which is why divinity is so based.

She mud is made by an autistic bug that put a two hour walking sequence into a game.

It’s been 4 years ago and I’m still mad for having paid money on an unfinished product whose “story” was already 90% shown in the trailers.

Attached: 14480E81-93FA-4F8D-99AB-76591C0D1790.jpg (341x450, 41K)

learn your lesson, retards

>giving money away with no promise of a product
>kickstarter
you deserve everything you get