RIP Alberta

I was really hoping the Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion would get cancelled so more old Albertans would want to leave Canada.

I fucking hate Canada. Alberta deserves so much better.

Attached: 8F21FF0A-711E-4E01-941D-2BBD731774EE.jpg (1280x960, 160K)

Alberta should join the USA

If Saskatchewan came too, I would support that all day everyday.

Why would you hope one of the only industries in your province crumbles? Are you stupid or something? You sound like my retarded cousins that live out in Bragg Creek. Always bashing against the industry that fuels most of the economic spending in Alberta, especially Calgary and Edmonton. Sounds like you don't have any prospects.

That would really look ugly on a map

We can annex all of western Canada then

Alberta and Saskatchewan are welcome to join America

Crumbles? Hardly. I’m from fort Mac and we are still moving oil without the pipe. While it will help our economy, it doesn’t help us politically.

Even with the pipe in the ground it doesn’t change the fact that we send 25 billion dollars East every year so Québécois can go to university to learn how awful we are in Alberta. All while our hospitals are riddled with black mould and our infrastructure in rural communities falls apart. The pipeline still doesn’t change the fact that our opinion only counts for about half of an easterners opinion in a federal election.

Old people here don’t care about any of this most of the time, they only care about the oil industry. When pipes don’t go in the ground though, the old folks start to see things clearly.

If the economy has to suffer a little bit to get people to hate Canada properly, so be it.

How do you get them to join the states?

Just because its approved, doesn't mean shit. BC has laws that allow the province to control the amount of bitumen that passes through the pipeline. Since BC is in control by the NDP with a Green coalition, they are going to do everything to stop or slow it. So they'll slow processing of permits, or attempt to limit flows and construction. The point being that they delay it long enough that the cost of finishing is high enough that it gets pulled.

Its how the province defeated the Enbridge's North Gateway pipeline, Petronas Pacific Northwest LNG, Nexen's Aurora LNG, Exxon's West Coast LNG and a bunch of smaller Altagas projects.

Hell, they are already having a battle over the Kitimat refinery by Shell, which was okayed, and its Coastal Pipeline.

yes plz

Annex the whole damn thing

I literally shitpost while on welfare thanks to your faggots out west, get FUCKED.

t. Toronto

Make a plan for it then

The difference between this project and those projects is that this is now a national project owned by the federal government. They will push it through somehow. Especially seeing as it’s growing into an issue of national unity. I really hope it gets stalled and cancelled though.

What would that do lmao

It would give the american police a new minority to brutalize.

Attached: 1B04CA29-18E8-4AAB-A9D6-BE12232AA034.jpg (474x237, 16K)

imagine being under USA Tax Law.

Attached: 1544290426801.png (500x303, 67K)

Have fun not being able to shoot guns in the nude I guess...

Holy fuck, if they think ebonics is bad, how will they do with Newfie or Caper?

Alberta is fucked politically just like the entirety of Canada. I got out when I could and I'm never moving back. The first in my family to pursue something outside of chemical engineering. I was supposed to move back on my 18th birthday, but I had rules changed.

There is no hope for that country. Whoever is an advisor for Trudeau is certainly creating an agenda that cripples the entire Canadian economy. Anti-oil means anti-Redistribution Payments.

Good luck weathering the economic storm. But I know Albertans have done it many times already, so I'm sure you're capable.

It will get stalled for sure. The question is how long does it need to be stalled before it becomes unfeasible due to cost?

Some of these permits are gonna require things like restricted access ID cards and shit, and those can be slowed like mad - taking anywhere from 2 months to a year to get okay'd. Same can be said for permits. Sure the province will admit them, but the question is after how many revisions, after how many extended forms, and how long will going through all that and processing take? It all depends on a bunch of bureaucrats. Barely any of it is controlled by the companies involved.

I know we’re capable of weathering the storm. I just hope that eventually it gets to the point where we stop accepting the idea that there needs to be a storm. Canada is completely fucked. I want us to get away from that. And things will need to get worse before we can break the cycle.

Please BC, lead us into another national unity crisis.

I always try to show my pals down in Texas what they sound like and they never believe me. I will get some strange joy the day that newfies start showing up on Texan oil rigs.

ok? top kek.

What reason do you have for staying alive if you live in Toronto? You have no freedom.

We're literally asking you to annex us, just do it already