Why are most people on Jow Forums so uneducated

It's basically as bad as being surrounded by flat earthers.

I came from a climate change denial thread on here, it had one user who put some water and ice in a glass. He noted that once the ice melted the water level remained the same.

From this, the user insisted that rising water levels is basically unscientific, most users also agreed with him and thought it was some gotcha moment where they busted scientists.

Only one kindergarten level problem with this thing, which most people who have a working brain realise.

The majority of glacial ice in the world is on land, not just gloating in the ocean like some ice cubes.
Antarctica is the largest store of frozen water and yes I am sorry, under that ice is land that is above sea level, Antarctica isn't a huge ice sheet floating on water (despite users on here thinking it is).

Greenland is another that is ice on land, 1.7 million square km's of icesheet in fact.

In fact the overwhelming majority of ice in the world is on land, only a minority of it exists floating freely in water (in the very high arctic).

Not only that, but a small amount of the ice has melted over the past 2 centuries or so, and the water levels are rising. This is not by magic, it's from melted ice adding to the water in the ocean you bloody morons.

If just Antarctica alone was to all melt, ocean levels would rise by 58 metres.

A bit of advice for you channers, try to go back to school. Because you clearly failed big time, you are as retarded as flat earthers. You don't even understand the most basic fundamentals of anything in the world, that's why your beliefs are so retarded (just like flat earthers).

Attached: 80721324.jpg (400x300, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1134538166919204865
strawpoll.me/18196268
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey me smart
Fuck u nigger

You're probably reading FBI threads.

The level of education of the average 4channer is literally that of a grade 5 child. I am not saying that to be insulting, it's an honest observation.

This place has got to be filled with some of the least educated and least intelligent people on nearly any website on the entire internet.

Most on here likely can't even help themselves, because of the Dunning-Kruger effect and possibly being retarded even on a genetic level.

Because 4cuck's Jow Forums is americunt and ultraright at the same time
use Jow Forums.org/sci if you have a brain bigger than a peanut and want to have a normal discussion

it's all the gen Z's. most posters are american, and common core decided things like proper spelling, grammar, arithmetic and not blindly believing macros from your facebook feed were racist.

>retard thinks the earth isn't flat.

Attached: 1538777089517.gif (245x213, 962K)

Dumbest fuckers on the whole internet, my guy. Thank God all of the "have more babies" shit is a LARP and most posters are invisible to any women with any integrity.

also ice cover is measured in Km^3, not Km^2, so surface cover =/= volume.

BTW flat earth is real!!!!!

Attached: 1560675501696.webm (480x360, 2.94M)

We're so uneducated that the left wants to shut us down.

So, you read a thread with a few retards who agreed with each other and assumed everyone here is of the same thought? That doesn't sound like a sceptical or scientific mind at all.

PS: GloBULL Warming is a hoax.

based and redpilled

Users on Jow Forums are the living and breathing examples of the idiot who says "If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys".

Thinking he just caught out science, yet being unaware of his own ignorance and stupidity.

That's what you are dealing with on Jow Forums, people with the metal capacity of a box of crayons.

it is mostly americans

Attached: file.png (1179x777, 294K)

Shouldn’t you be huffing petrol and falling asleep in the street?

But muh heritage!!!1!
Fack you k*ike

go to the beach faggot
the water hasn't risen any

Every one of these pictures is basically some 4channer getting epically trolled.

Because the climate is changing, Antarctica is getting warmer, this means more snowfall over the land, and more captured Water.

It's not this catastrophic doomsday scenario that leftists keep getting told it will be.

10mm of sea rise per decade.

Attached: 12979880CA634407A4E7678062061AA5.png (2898x2226, 2.12M)

Have sex.

cope

Attached: file.png (273x185, 78K)

The reddit spacing pains me physically.

Attached: 1560806002180.jpg (799x793, 136K)

Jow Forums-x failed me. im sorry

Attached: attempt2.png (1508x1020, 140K)

>X group I hate is so uneducated
this fallacy is so tiring

is the bot talking to himself? what an odd thing to make it do.

You're not wrong, however I am educated and my beliefs are better than yours, and yet here we both are on pol.

That is pretty much true, but you will get the tards on here attacking you for saying that about them.

Kike thinks I’m coping.

Based on what data?

it's not a fallacy dipshit.
what's that? you think it's a fallacy? then tell me what argument OP is responding to with this "fallacy", because if you can't then it's not a fallacy by definition. people like you are exactly what OP is talking about, and i'm saying this while probably being on your side. you retards make it difficult to be right wing.

>If just Antarctica alone was to all melt, ocean levels would rise by 58 metres.
Good.

Gee, Jow Forums has never had a thread like this before.

Fake.
Gay.
Fuck off OP

>It's not this catastrophic doomsday scenario that leftists keep getting told it will be.
you should be listening to the scientists not the leftists. just because the leftists are wrong does not mean you are right. both sides can be wrong and often are.

None of what you said is surprising on a board like pol.

>that
In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability.
Liar you.

It didn't used to be like this. Hopefully if this recent shilling tactic of calling Jow Forums users dumb works, and the post 2015 newfags leave so this place can return to its former glory.

>MUH CLYMATE SCYENCE
I think you should just kill yourself now and spare yourself the embarrassment, OP.

Attached: 1522720247035.gif (480x270, 926K)

Yeah the clear lack of education is fuckin obvious.

Dude, I posted this tweet from Trump and Jow Forums just says it's a fake tweet and called me a still. You are chatting with literal retards here

mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1134538166919204865

Attached: Screenshot_20190611-092932.png (2048x1928, 1.02M)

We may be retarded but at least we admit it and don't pretend intellectual snobbery like rebbit, who are for sure more retarded than us.

Like the scientists telling globalist policy makers to import third world birthrates, enact environmental austerity and give developing nations a free pass?

Those are not scientist.

Attached: CO2_550my_Extinction_Chart_from_Ward.jpg (2400x2016, 573K)

congratulations, red*it
you fell for the meme. now you are stuck here forever

Attached: click_this.png (280x280, 368)

Do you just go around creating reddit-spaced anti-Jow Forums threads all day?

>Jow Forums r dum
clearly you've not been here long enough to realize that Jow Forums is a collection of intelligent individuals deliberately acting like utter morons for entertainment.
wait for a happening, you'll notice experts and intelligence suddenly comes pouring out of the woodwork.
Also anthroprogenic climate change is bullshit, we're approaching a grand solar minimum and the change in solar radiation is having a profound effect in exactly the same way that it did during the little iceage.
natural climate change is a reasonable proposal, but public policy and scientific efforts should be directed towards adaptation rather than prevention.

Attached: 1517370788418.jpg (1920x1080, 249K)

because you are

Attached: file.jpg (1200x580, 124K)

>Jow Forums is one person
>all of Jow Forums is dumb not me
You wasted your time debating with retards and you think you're the smart one?

so you guys liked the mr wizard video i posted.
cool, i like him too. btw you're fags. :)

Attached: 1560548418642.webm (1000x420, 2.82M)

>ackshually ice is on land
Hey dumbfuck, try the following experiment. Put an ice cube on a tray, get a ruler and measure it from top to bottom. Then let it melt for a bit, and now measure it again. Did it get fucking higher? Didn't think so.

Retards make up the majority of this board.

Nice bait, retard.

> import third world birthrates, enact environmental austerity and give developing nations a free pass?
none of these statements actually mean anything. you should try posting with some actual substantive rebuttals and not verbose fluff.

Just a majority of posts. Intelligent people lurk.

A majority of people are loud and stupid. Intelligent people are quiet and smart.

A majority of people breed like insects.
Intelligent people breed selectively and within their financial limits.

Get it?

I live in a coastal area with mountains. I don't give a flying fuck about you faggots getting wiped out.

>low IQ reddit spacer doesn't understand multidimensional irony
imagine my shock

Attached: 356854857.png (594x582, 41K)

Americans.

Attached: morans.jpg (600x585, 66K)

When you're burning in hell later, lamenting what a genius you are, remember

Jow Forums was right about that too.

Attached: image.jpg (716x812, 160K)

Nice writing skills you got there dumbass.

Attached: dawdawdawd.png (1152x648, 10K)

You're right, "scientists" convincing people to have less babies to fight climate change while supporting developing nations and shitskins pumping out tons of babies because that somehow helps climate change but white, western babies being born doesn't while all the shitskins countries and developing countries produce the largest amounts of pollution and crime on the planet but western, white nations are being told to stop being so evil and polluting doesn't mean anything and is just verbose fluff.

This.

You do realise most people start cominghere as kids right like ive been here for 6 years and I was 13 when I started coming here regularly and 11 when I found it so fuck off if it sounds like it comes from kids GUESS WHAT...

/ptg/cia/ makes up 80% of pol posts.
Not dumb, just shills.

Why do you insult flat earthers so much?
At least they don't believe all races are equal.

>"scientists" convincing people to have less babies
scientists do not "convince" people of things. "scientists" do. please show me scientists "convincing" people of anything. by definition that's what activists do, not scientists. you have no idea what you're talking about as usual of poltards.

Water is the only liquid that expands as it freezes. Prove me wrong.

I'll tell you a secret because I've got piety for you, you got trolled, you aren't smarted either, probably around 90 IQ.

strawpoll.me/18196268

Prove that there are non-retards who post irrelevant information.

Sorry smelly dumbass I am well educated, aka have true information unlike rotten dick retards such as yourself you don't know how to read and have an IQ at frozen temp levels

"College" is not education its judaic ignorant fuck mouthed brainwashing by the impotent juden mob

OP is pissed that someone is smarter than him.

user, if man-made climate change were going to kill us all unless we stopped polluting, then why haven't we gone to war with china and india to force them to stop?

Attached: db0.jpg (349x642, 29K)

because people like you make it so that there's not enough of a political incentive to do so.

That video proves the earth is a globe.
Sun rays hitting the bottom of the clouds due to earth's curvature, in the flat earth model that would be an impossible cause, the sun and moon are always above the flat earth and clouds.
Advice: KYS

how do you figure?
also, why are banks still issuing loans on coastal construction?

No wonder that russian cosmonaut admitted to faking missions

also Gagarian was murdered to silence him from whistleblowing

Attached: sovietsfakedspacemissions.jpg (834x621, 158K)

>scientist is a guy who runs experiments in a lab
I too get my understanding of science from rick and morty

>Antarctica is the largest store of frozen water
Tell me more about this. What do you know about Antartica ?
>nothing
That's what I thought. Thanks for playing

how do i figure? are you a moron? half the country is convinced that humans are incapable of doing anything to the climate. how is the government ever going to justify a massive war for something that half of the population doesnt even agree with? the fact that this dumbfounds you tells me everything i need to know. you're either completely disingenuous or an utter retard.

Circular conversation going back and forth between cognitive dissonance and intellectual dishonesty.
You're incapable of objectivity, therefore you cannot make sense this argument.
It would mean admitting that your solutions are not the best even if Climate change was as bad as you said it was since your solutions inevitable exacerbate not aliviate.

Attached: 1557759505674m.jpg (1024x765, 51K)

nice strawman dipshit.

Most of the people here are LARPing, you absolute retard.
Yeh, there's that whole "communities that draw humor from pretending they are retarded will soon find themselves full of actual retards thinking they are in good company", which does indeed hold some truth, but such people aren't the majority.
This place is actually capable of some astounding shit through the power of weaponized autism, that is when we can all actually agree on something which is almost fucking never.
Anyway, fuck off and take your leddit spacing with you faggot.

Attached: 1538398078655.gif (382x554, 2.57M)

/thread

>I don't actually have any examples of scientists trying to convince people of anything
Yes I'm aware. You could have made the same post with less text.

user, you're avoiding the question.
if we were all in a life raft, and some asshole in the corner were drilling holes in it, you would tell him to stop.
if he told you to fuck off, then you would exercise force, for the sake of everyone, to MAKE him stop.
we only have one earth, user.
if man-made climate change is so bad that it's going to kill everyone if we don't stop polluting, then why haven't we gone to war to FORCE india and china, the biggest polluters by far, to stop?

the only one being disingenuous here is you for not answering the very simple question.

>"Uneducated"
as if getting a degree from a liberal / leftist university or college is "education"
they dont teach climate awareness in school, they dont teach anything of real value outside of basic math and grammar.
anything real, needs to be sought out independently

Even our dumbest niggers understand how ice works, ya gullible jew

Anyone who bought into Trump's bullshit is a mouth breather.

Better to hold your tongue and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt. Whole lot of fools speaking, gets me pretty annoyed from time to time at the blatant lack of knowledge. Mostly on things having to do with religion, has to either be shills or genuine retards.

Awe, poor guy doesn't know we have user IDs

Then what does
>scientists don't convince, they DO
mean? Isn't theoretical science / math an attempt to convince via technically rigorous argument? Pedantic nitpick aside, you know as well as I do that loads of scientists publically grandstand in a non-rigorous way. You also know that the public doesn't make the same distinction between scientist and activist that you do. What percentage of the public do you think would call Bill Nye a scientist?

What question? I literally answered your retarded question.
>if we were all in a life raft, and some asshole in the corner were drilling holes in it, you would tell him to stop.
This is a fallacy of extrapolation. If you actually weren't intellectually disingenuous as FUCK then you would have made a proper analogy, which would have been that the "you" in this scenario is actually mentally insane as one half of his brain is constantly trying to tell the retarded other half of his brain that the holes are bad, but the retarded half of his brain won't believe the other half when it tries to tell him the holes are bad.

>this isn't wildly entertaining

Attached: 1514946885751.gif (500x377, 1.55M)

Based Alberto Barbosa. Also around 99% of flat earthers are schizophrenic, purely delusional, let alone scientifically literate.

So you agree with me but want to argue with me anyway?

>scientists don't but "scientists" do
>directly quotes the part where I also said "scientists" do this in quotes like you did

Think for at least 10 seconds before posting.

It means you can't read which isn't surprising at all you illiterate retard. I guess I should have known this from this post though.

Go back with a 6th grade reading comprehension and see if you can decipher what is being said. I will grade your work.

Attached: 1549131908072.gif (237x240, 1.95M)

Being a pedantic fig might work on reddit but You're a massive brainlet if you cant follow the point being made against yours.

Attached: 1559625542183.jpg (600x805, 82K)

Find literally one flaw in my ice argument, I'll wait.

you are paliopoutanas gie