Is Attack on Titan /ourshow/?

polygon.com/2019/6/18/18683609/attack-on-titan-fascist-nationalist-isayama-hajime-manga-anime

Attached: mikasa3.jpg (1200x675, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

koreaexpose.com/why-south-koreans-crave-human-flesh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>But recent events within the manga have given readers pause. In particular, the major twist of the series, as well as what’s been occurring since then, has drawn some uncomfortable parallels to global anti-Semitism, far-right Japanese politics, and Isayama’s own personal politics.

>In the modern day, Grisha, Eren’s father, was swept up in a movement to topple the Marleyan government and restore the Eldian monarchy. He even marred the royal heiress and had a son, Eren’s older half-brother Zeke. But when he was 7, Zeke betrayed his parents and their movement to the Marleyan government, and Grisha and his wife were taken to Paradis.
>But well-dressed aesthetics and pacing can only do so much before you start to notice the ideas bubbling underneath the surface. Isayama’s work is full of anti-Korean, nationalist, pro-Japan subtext, parallels to anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, and subtextual references to Nazi Germany.

>For one thing, there’s the so-called Pure Titans: that is, the random Titans that menace our characters throughout the series. Nude, creepily smiling cannibals, these Pure Titans are mindless, not even needing to eat to live so much as for fun. Many of them have grotesque or exaggerated features, from short arms to giant heads to ... large noses. And then there’s the Eldians living in ghettos, wearing star-embroidered armbands.
>For another, military might is presented as the strongest, truest power of all. This goes far and beyond the typical theme in Japanese action media of the group of friends banding together, doing their best, and changing the world. Frequently, the military — particularly the Survey Corps that Eren and the rest of the main cast belong to — is presented as full of pure rational-decision makers and unquestioned commanders. The clearly unhinged soldiers, like Titan researcher Zoë Hange and the goofball Sasha Blouse, are mocked. But the certitude that they should lead is never interrogated.
>But why are people seemingly only upset now, with the anime no longer at the peak of popularity and the manga winding down? Well, for one, the series still has a devoted fanbase. For another, we live in a world where hate groups, authoritarianism and nationalism are on the rise from the U.S. to Japan and beyond. And finally, since Titan exploded onto the scene, there’s been a surge of anime with right-wing leanings, from GATE (a sci-fi show centered around heroic JSDF agents that was actually used as recruitment material by the Japanese army) to the reemergence of the notorious Happy Science cult and the propagandistic anime films they fund to the themes some found in 2018’s Studio Trigger hit Darling in the Franxx.

Still support it. Fuck the SJW cucks. I will happily enjoy the anime/manga to my heart's content.

armin should've died in the first episode

The fuck do you mean still? This article is giving reasons to support it.

the writer is seeing what he wants to. at this point in the show you could argue one side are supposed to be jews, but you could also argue that the other side are supposed to be jews. the allusions are all over the place and contradict each other. i think he is just upset about seeing stuff that reminds of him of bad things that happened in the past. he would probably argue lotgh is fascist when it actually is completely neutral.

Where to watch? only seen seasn 1

No, and the SJW retards that write articles like this miss the entire point of the show.
When the entire species is engage in brutal, bloody warfare with an inhuman enemy then a strict, highly militarized society becomes the necessity. If you options are either fascism or extinction I'm pretty sure most people would go for fascism.

You leave the awkward tactician twink alone.
He may be a faggot but he's a good boy.

Attached: Armin Just Sayin.jpg (196x506, 62K)

If you want legal streaming, crunchy roll. I'm sure you can find your own illegal site.
btw they got to the basement in the most recent episode.

>implying fascism is in anyway bad.

It is though. Hitler would have banned anime.

The eldians were never meant to be the jews. The eldian marley thing was based on some african conflict

Armin should have died when he was suppose to die. He's not done shit

>b-but he's super smart
you're right, he has done nothing but whine and complain like a little bitch
obviously he's going to have his moment but i'm not happy about it

What the fuck is this article even trying to say, you dumb weeb?

Attached: truthbomb.png (500x735, 197K)

The mangaka is based. a rare find in Japan but I'll take it mometheless.

>(((Speelman)))
every fucking time

Doesn't the Polygon logo remind you of (((something))), guise?

Attached: descarga.png (373x135, 3K)

Polygon should be exposed for that antisemitic symbol.

most people are brainlets, you didn't tell him how to respond so he just took a guess

kys nerd

Attached: 1485133742408m.jpg (503x1024, 77K)

It 100% unironically is.
>The second half of the manga is literally a global race war.
>There are no LGBTQ characters.
>There is no sex or unnecessary nudity.
>Badass German music
>Imperalistic themes
It is the most based anime ever made

Armin will definitely play a major role in the end. The scene where Krueger mentions him definitely has some type of higher meaning.

Go to kissanime.ru and watch it there. It's free and in HD.

Ymir is a lesbian

It's still a pretty good show though

Anime is for degenerates, sorry OP. If you're not out making kids with your wife, then you're dooming the white race. Stop wasting your time with childish fantasies and act like a real man.

I watched the latest episode. Am I a Nazi now?

Based nips saving fighting the international jewry in the only way they know, wholesome anime.

Attached: 1546339400944.png (233x255, 76K)

In that perfect world there would be no need for anime.

THIS IS NOT A PERFECT WORLD.

it was fascist since the beginning
it's been out for years now how stupid can you even be not to notice

personally, i never got any confirmation on isayama's political beliefs, so that's fucking moot.
furthermore all of the most horrifying events in the manga were indubitably motivated by nationalism.
marley even suffers controversy in the manga for using titans for expanding its national interests.
finally, all the most worthwhile and important characters have either developed misgivings toward their nations or resolved to commit national suicide explicitly because of the atrocities they suffered, so in the end, nobody is inspired to pursue nationalism any further.
i'd say there's definitely an antinationalist angle to attack on titan that's worth investigating.

on that note, wouldn't it be funny if isayama gave nationalists the old bait-and-switch?

Attached: Battle_Elf.png (694x763, 214K)

how can people even notice this shit, just enjoy the anime and cum

How exactly is it anti semitic? The people forced to wear badges are now rebelling and this is nazi?

Well, Jow Forums is anime forum, so I would think so.

Also, Attack on Titan is a good show

I'd still like to see it happen.

holyings molyings

But it's so gory.

>It's so GORY
Nigger you got to be 18+ to post here.

Attached: 1550097508512.gif (474x379, 471K)

'nother good reason to keep watching it

nah he is just canadian

Tanya the evil is a pretty strong contender

holy shit my sides

how is this anti korean? do they eat people?

>personally, i never got any confirmation on isayama's political beliefs, so that's fucking moot
does it even matter ?
it's a fascist and nationalistic environment since episode 1 : is this not allowed to be portrayed anymore without a constant nagging on how fascism is bad and by parroting the same political statement everytime ?
it's like treating everyone like a literal retard putting pillows on wall corners because
>we wouldn't want you hurting yourself now

>mfw people are just now learning this because they don't read the manga

Attached: smug jahy-sama.png (553x530, 143K)

>do koreans eat people
Unironically yes.
>koreaexpose.com/why-south-koreans-crave-human-flesh/

Nah i doubt it , the japs would've prob broke the alliance, not worth it

Damn I didn't realize it was already almost done with 3rd season, even better if it has a fascist twist.
I only watched the first season a few years ago that show was fucking good.
I'm not gonna spoil it for myself time to watch that shit.

TOTAL

ELDIAN

VICTORY

In the beginning it was given a pass because it was out of necessity from a very tangible threat. Whatever themes or similarities someone wants to derive, there were no characters arguing "you're just delusional, the titans aren't actually an issue you racist."

But now that the story has unfolded more (in the anime, since they would have known a lot of this way earlier if it was from the manga) and there have been opportunities to change the system yet the characters actively choose to maintain the power structure's status quo, so now nitpickers have issues with it.

The military in particular has been more prominent in the political sphere. Went from just being the arm of the monarchy to conducting a coup, installing a transitional military government, reinstating the proper bloodline to the monarchy, maintaining a significant military role in decision making in the new government, and openly manipulating the press after exposing that as a bad thing (because they weren't being manipulated by the main characters)

SJWs can't cope with the idea that fictional worlds take different paths and the connections they draw are poorly constructed anyway.

check Horriblesubs, they should have every episode

I know dude I read the manga
>SJWs can't cope with the idea that fictional worlds take different paths and the connections they draw are poorly constructed anyway.
not even Jow Forums can do that considering what I read around here most of the time, especially when the creator is known to be a liberal or whatever what he made is suddenly shit
it's like it's normal for people to get their belief system out of media for children and every piece of enterteinment is now propaganda for this very reason

Amerikwan journalists have 0 right to tell a Japanese patriot what to think or what to write. Globalism has introduced serious poverty to Japan for the first time in decades, it’s time for them to fight back along with the European nations and, hopefully, the historic american people.

Ahem
Fuck (((Marley)))
Fuck Zeke
Fuck euthanasia plan

Piek and Eren will save the Eldian (Aryan) race.

A prison world created to prevent the rise of nationalism and pride, with "I know better than you" control freaks on top.

Same as Gurren Lagann. An underlying theme that works wonderfully because it Is perceived as true in the back of your mind.

well, my opinion, quite frankly, is that the manga has consistently portrayed nationalism as a thing that is present so it can be overcome, else why would the characters develop misgivings toward both marley and eldia, if not so they could overcome it?
these are the narrative queues i'm getting

The more you know

Attached: 1539798752574.jpg (1045x1029, 412K)

Eren is going to wake up the titans i the walls to commit global genocide. Then all the do-gooders will stop him.

Ending will probably just be paradis modernizing and Eldians being freed from internment. So basically it will be the modern Japanese status quo except with the valuable lesson learned of not listening to Koreans and Chinese moan about WW2.

Pieck betrayed Eren in one of the most recent chapters retard

If this really is a metaphor for Taiwan vs. China, I think the ending will probably be Marley getting BTFO and Eldia returning

>why would the characters develop misgivings toward both marley and eldia, if not so they could overcome it?
because it makes for a good story ?
and even if that was the author's intent, who gives a shit when I'm just reading his stuff and at best thinking at how entertained I am or not
I don't understand how could anyone see an anime, movie or anything of the sorts, and view it as some sort of lecture

dude, you'd do some good to listen to people when they say everything is political, everything is informed in some way by a political framework.
there are obvious antagonisms in the manga between nations and between ideas, how could it not be political? how could that not be clear? and that the idea of justice seems to be winning more minds in that story than others, the recent antagonism seems to be over praxis (i.e. that zeke's idea would liberate eldians in some sense, but his critics say that his methods boil down to forcing eldians to run away from their crimes and suffering, and that's not justice).
you can simply be entertained, and that's your right.
i'm just pointing out facts

>you'd do some good to listen to people when they say everything is political, everything is informed in some way by a political framework.
I don't deny that, I deny that it's necessary for the reader to even aknowledge the author's intent and moving beyond the simple entertainment value of the product
because at that point the only enjoyable thing would be having confirmation of one's beliefs, over and over, which is exactly what those fags at polygon want
>we have a responsibility as consumers to fully engage with what a story might be trying to say. And to consider whether that’s a message we want to hear

>the themes some found in 2018’s Studio Trigger hit Darling in the Franxx.
What, shitty writing and having kids?
>Oh no, the thinking goyim are making babies again! Oy vey!

Presumably kissanime.

Also turning your homo rival friend straight and monogamy.

>streaming
or..you can download it from horriblesubs

Why would I want to download stream rips? What is this, 2006?

I go to watchcartoonsonline io

Attached: IMG-20190619-WA0027.jpg (761x1143, 132K)