Trade School or University?

Which one would you say is a better path to take for the average Jow Forums lurker?

Attached: jooz.jpg (300x225, 10K)

Probably trade school.

Trade school, probably

Different options for different aptitudes. Go with your gut on what you think you will be best at.

Prison

How many uni graduates go onto simply working in Starbucks for the rest of the lives because it turns out a social studies masters won't get you a job anywhere but gawker media and they've been laying people off?

>Doing a repetitive and alienating work for minimum wage
OR
>Doing a creative and fulfilling, prestigious work for 6 digits
I'll go college every day, fuck you blue collars shites

trade school is for blue collar manual jobs. University is for both white and blue collar.

If you don't wanna be manually laboring all day you're better off at the university. Those jobs pay more anyway.

STEM Masters student here. Uni, ONLY if you're planning on doing a Masters and PhD in the future. Shit pays well, but is a huge investment that needs a lot of work and money and can take years to pay off

Id pick the shotgun personally

If you have a good intuition then go to college. If you can't figure things out on your own then go to trade school.

Trades

>do two years community college, time comes to transfer to uni
>sit and think about
>decide no
>parents angry
>go HVAC
>8 years later making 70k base and as much weekend emergency pay as I can handle
>wut-student-debt-lol.jpg
>bought a townhome
>parents still bitter, smdh

I was encouraged to go down the trade route by Jow Forums 3 years ago
Toolmaking is a great trade. Once you have enough experience, you're basically untouchable and (more importantly) it opens many paths to entrepreneurship

Trade school 100%

College is a waste of time and money... you'll pick up a std and an addiction. Its where young people go to die, its filled with liberals and skanks

I made 60k out of college. Making 154k now.

If they (over)value academic advancement no matter how much money you will earn, they will always think you failed

yeah but how much you owe for that degree? I can do 100k taking weekend emergencies when boomer AC stop working on hot August sunday afternoons..and its all free and clear

what is exactly that you do?

>for the average Jow Forums lurker
trade

If your iq is less then 115 then trade school

What do you do then ?

Dunno about the student debt situation in yankland but ideally you go to trade school specifically for one of the high end jobs like nuclear power plant technician or whatever. Not just generic carpenter, sparkie etc.
That's the best bang for your buck I'm sure.

It depends on the person.
Some are suited for university, some are suited for trade school.

>Wage slaving so you can tax pay taxes to a government willing to consider forcing you to pay reparations
Nigger please

Get in a field involved with the electrical grid. I was a lineman for 3 years, now im an electronics tech that fixes switches.

If you have the balls, (ex military, etc) go for lineman. Its stupid well paying and important, and SUPER important if shtf. Think about it...

Lie on the internet

Go get me a chai latte, Mister 120 IQ mail room clerk who is $30,000 in debt from (((school)))

College if you're smart and you can afford it with without loans. Trade school is massively underrated though.

question
I like carpentry and welding, what would be the fastest, cheapest way to become a carpenter or welder ?

Just get a job fag, lel

Trade school. College degrees are a meme now, especially when there's careers as """gender studies"""

Attached: tenor.gif (498x364, 157K)

Neither.
Drugs and weapons dealing.

Attached: f1a8eba3580332a4160f200d9556675c.jpg (1440x1080, 178K)

if you have to ask this question, you're probably better off in a trade school. college isn't for everybody and many people will make a mistake thinking college => job, when in fact, it's the other way around, you already have a job waiting for you, you just complete college on the cheap.

you'd be surprised just how high the % of people remain un(der)employed who did well in college, while the guy who had 2.8 GPA is working for a law firm, big 4 accounting firm, is a junior manager somewhere etc. you'd be surprised at how many people show up to interview, their certificates, internships, letters of recommendation in hand, only to be turned away.

Trade school all the way, college is a scam nowadays, don't waste your time and money
Really disappointed to see a fellow monkey falling for the "college degree makes you a god" meme, especially in Brazil where a trade degree is going to employ you extremely faster

Reminder: you will NEVER find a single thread on the internet with a 20+ year trade veteran recommending the trades. It's all young guys or old dudes who are white collar, both of whom are completely ignorant to the routine of slamming oxys and natty lite to keep up with the trades once you're past the age of 45.

REMEMBER: YOU WILL BE WORKING INTO YOUR 60s. GET A JOB YOU CAN DO AS AN OLD MAN.

>creative, fulfilling, prestigious
>college
Pick one. University is a scam.

If you are above-average intelligence and interested in a field where you can actually make money (read: STEM, business or law) then go to college. Otherwise go to trade school

if you excell at school work go to college/uni in a non meme field. If you dont enjox schoolwork/studying go to trade school.

I went to trade school for electrical but I'm going back to university in the fall. Trades are really only worth it if you get into industry rather than commercial or residential.
I got into industry as an electrical and instrumentation technician apprentice. Everyone I worked with either over qualified for their position or had been in their role for so long they didn't care about the work. I got to a point after about a year where I stopped learning new tasks on the job and I could get my 8 hour shift done in about 2 hours.

it's 16 year old suburbia kids. I was born and raised a country boy, my entire high school are either loser meth heads or tradesmen. they don't make six figures, they can barely afford the trailer park rent.
>inb4 muh underwater pipeline welder in North Dakota is making $$$
anyone disagreeing with this should ask an average tradesman whether he'd like his sons to go to college or continue in dad's footsteps

Sure coming right up! You want some extra onions on that?

Attached: 1554670514022.jpg (898x960, 98K)

If you’re still doing the trade work at 45 you fucked up. Start your own business and hire the young guys once you get too old to do the work and cash in on them doing the hard work. In exchange they get paid, and get the benefit of an apprenticeship under someone who was also in the trade

Only go for university if it's for a job that requires accreditation or validation of some sort like a doctor, a lawyer or an engineer, or if you want to be part of academia.
Trade school is much more time and cost effective.

100% trade school.

I'm a STEM graduate, no jobs, girls get all the jobs. Don't waste your time. If you're smart, you can make way more $$$ working trades than going the university route.

Attached: 1559095179366.jpg (774x960, 75K)

I have a creative and fulfilling job doing prestigious work for 6 digits, and I dropped out of college after I learned that it's just a meme

>Start your own business and hire the young guys once you get too old to do the work and cash in on them doing the hard work.
this is brilliant, wonder why nobody thought of this. surely in this day and age, mom-n-pop type of operation would be a massive success. hopefully there won't be any behemoth corporations employing hundreds of *young guys*, offering the same services 40% cheaper.

Jobs that traditionally required 4 year degrees are dropping that prerequisite. I work in an industry that can’t find good employees. Millennials and Zoomers are next to worthless and half the time just stop showing up to work. Everyone wants to start some hip company or work somewhere where they can do the minimal amount and get paid 6 figures. I really hate to generalize my generation but my personal experience has taught me otherwise.

Attached: E88A8393-C113-4C2B-A480-2B54A5073E57.jpg (900x710, 150K)

Engineering with honours works too

You cannot find a job outside Seu Zé's mercadinho without a college degree here. A trade degree in Brazil is worth as much as nothing

What is you IQ? How good are you at studying? How ambitious are you/ how much do you care about your career? Do you want to build your life around your career or do you just want your job/career to be a way for you to make money to enjoy other things? Do you enjoy physical work?

These are the kinds of questions you should be asking yourself imo.

Do zoomers really ghost employers?

I think if you are 25+ and you are not a millionaire it means you are not as smart as you think you are so you should go into a trade.

You will never be jobless and it will train you to work on your own stuff and set up your own company in the future.

>Going to school for a trade.
I can kind of see it for welding, but even then I've been offered training for that on site.

Here's how you actually learn a trade.
You get some tool bags, and basic tools for the trade you are trying to learn things like
Tape measure
Hammer
Nail puller (carpenter)
Conduit bender (electrician)
Pipe cutter (Plumber)
So on, and so forth. You can find guides for basic tool kits for what trade you will be doing online.
After you have your tools you go do the hard part. You start showing up on job sites with your tools, ready to work, and ask for the foreman. Tell him these words "I'm a laborer ready to work". In the construction industry laborer is code for "dude who doesn't know shit, but is still a pair of arm"
You might get lucky, and get a gig on your first try. It might take you 10 tries. Some one will eventually be short handed, and some one will eventually gives you some work to do. Bam! You're in. Now all you have to do is make yourself useful, reliable, and some what pleasant to be around, then these guys who already know what they are doing, and getting work will continues to give you work. The more work you do the more things you will learn. Before you know it a couple years have past, and you're a journeyman at whatever you've been working towards.

Fuck trade schools. Get paid for your training. Trade schools are a fucking scam, and most of the workers I get from them are shit. I get a school minded guy on a physical job.
The best workers are always the ones who started out as laborers doing all the shit work, and worked their way up to foremans using nothing, but their wit, and their muscles.

It's possible boys. I did it. My dad did it. Millions of men have started careers in the construction industry this way.
Don't go to trade school. Go to work.

>You start showing up on job sites with your tools, ready to work, and ask for the foreman. Tell him these words "I'm a laborer ready to work".

Attached: 1546268519539.png (569x567, 154K)

Are you smart? Do you like school? Then get scholarships, go to a four year institution.

If you are not both smart and a fan of school, learn a trade that interests you, learn computer networking, or learn to sell things. All three of those will offer decent career paths without a degree (or will allow you to delay your degree until you're able to save up for it or get your employer to subsidize your school).

Trades are cool, but some of them will seriously shorten your life expectancy, so keep this in mind when deciding on a career path.

Prager University

that's a fucking boomer quote if I've ever heard one

What if I'm too stupid for college and too incompetent for a trade? Suicide?

Yes all the time. My job at an entry level pays decent and is a 9 to 5 with amazing benefits, the first sign of struggle they quit.

How's retirement boomerfag?

I'm 29

I get it there's idiots out there that think this wouldn't work, but it does.
Saw two guys get jobs this way just a couple weeks ago.
They ended up flakes that stopped showing up to work, but if they were reliable we would have continued to train them
Construction is hungry as fuck for young men who aren't afraid of a little hard work. You won't get paid well at first, but once you're a confident journeyman your pay raises significantly.

OH, and if you lazy kids don't believe me, or want to take that route you can always go the labor ready route.
There are labor ready places that get you day labor work.
My company has often hired the good workers we got from day labor companies, and trained them how to frame.
I don't like that option, because you're at the whim of the company you are proxying through to what trade you could potentially learn. You might get fucked with shit jobs for years doing that before you find any halfway decent opportunities too.
At least when you're finding your own work you can choose where you go.

Have some agency boys. This is your life. Take it seriously.

Attached: 1554923153298.jpg (600x750, 448K)

Works best if you get a degree then work as an engineer or pharm sales rep. All the profit margins, none of the black market.

This works best if you have a 4 year degree though, as those career paths require a degree for the most part

the fuck does
"pays well"
fucking mean

>offering the same services 40% cheaper.
Those same companies, treat their employees like shit, do shittier work, and almost never keep those young guys around. I see mom and pop tradesmen fucking everywhere what are you even on? I can’t even go downtown without seeing places like “Hanson and Son HVAC” that do very well for themselves. The only people employing those mega corporation tradesmen are scum of the earth penny pincher companies that don’t care about the quality. Are you a penny pinching company? No you’re not. You’re going to give money to the tradesmen that does good work and won’t screw you.
Again
If you’re an old man still doing the grunt work, then you fucked up. I say this as a man whose watched his father be this old man grunt despite his company giving him PLENTY of opportunities to move up and get out of the shop. He doesn’t want to because he’s old and change frightens him so he’s going to work his body until he drops dead an old man. It’s fucking depressing as shit but ultimately his fault.

i did a double major in math and philosophy as my undergrad. went on got a jd and did my articling (law internship in canada). said fuck all that, now i install air conditioners and sell cars out of the driveway of my house.
don't be so wary of trades vs. university but rather the sort of job you're going to be working when you get out (if you intend on working); be very cautious with these "prestigious" and "high-paying" careers. instead of trying your hardest to get in with a top company, work your ass off so you're working for yourself, so you're building something for YOURSELF and YOUR FAMILY.

Trade, auto body or hvac if you don't want to starve.

Attached: 1559920595829.gif (500x254, 1006K)

If you are legit smart go to school and become a: doctor/pharmacist/lawyer/engineer/financefag.
If you are average then go to trade school straight outta high school. Live with parents or a roommate. Work very hard and save every penny. In five years you'll accumulate decent savings while your peers will only begin to enter the job market. Many of them will have pretty useless degrees and shitty corporate pencil pusher jobs. You can use your accumulated money for a down payment. Get a mortgage and rent out the property. Ideally get a house with three floors and turn each floor into a apartment. You can live in one of the apartments. Wagecucks will pay the rent and consequently your mortgage, also generate some passive income. So by the age of 25 you'll have your own place that even makes some extra cash and most importantly no student loan debt.

If there’s not enough work to go around, and all the work is taken up by huge mega corps, why are new companies popping up everyday? How are these businesses surviving if there’s no work? Sure some of them go bust, but the owners are usually retards who have no clue how to run a business.

If you don't have a talent: STEM or trade.

I became a therapist and make much less than my friend who became a lineman. like way less. and he didnt have 60k in student loans.

I mean pays better than the competition and they promote only from within the company. Starting is 45k. Most companies try to pay the absolute minimum they can. The one thing that’ll change with the new generations is jobs will automate or be forced to up their wages otherwise no one will work their.

>giant megacorps squeeze out mom and pops
but the mom and pop ships make plenty of money working for mom and pop shops
>not seeing the problem

How many injuries have you sustained on the job? Are you popping painkillers to start your shift yet?

both. learn a trade skill, make money to pay for college outright but only if you're going STEM. use the tradeskill as a fallback when some fat cunt in HR ruins your job being a chemical engineer.

yall really breakin the bank with ~20 an hour...

Trade school is way less of a gamble and has better job prospects than a lot of degrees. If you're some extremely bright kid who can go medicine or something go to college but if you're just average college isnt worth it since 90% of the people in college are average and the job market post education is flooded with average nobodies begging for jobs.

How does one tell if they are "legit smart"? I went to a shitty high school that was 70% nigger, so average looks smart when compared to them.

Maybe you live in a city without a good industry presence, where employers are giving less and less priority to bachelors and looking for people who's already ready start laboring and getting experience from the shorter ~2 years of trade
A college degree is just as worthless if not even more if you don't have good contacts, you'd be surprised how many people with superior degree are working in Seu Zé's mercadinho right now or even other jobs outside their area because the bachelor degree somehow didn't instantly give them a 6 digit job like they imagined it would
(Don't get me wrong, you shouldn't do a trade expecting you will be doing mad cash as soon as you finish it either, but thinking it doesn't give you a better odds of actually getting a job in BRAZIL of all places is flat out wrong)

>trade jobs
>minimum wage

Not here in the states, a lot of them are overpaid especially if you work for the city.

take a practice LSAT. if you score 172+ i'd say you're smart.

>tfw i'm a poorfag with a completely free ride pursuing aerospace engineering
imagine actually paying for college lmao

Attached: 1560991491458.gif (659x609, 2.49M)

I did just fine at an entry level, and lived by myself. What the fuck are you even on? That’s really good for an entry level position.

I'm not gonna lie the first year was really rough.
Getting my body into working shape while racking my brain trying to learn how to build things properly was not easy, and very frustrating. I wanted to give up many times.
And yes there were days I wouldn't have made it to work if it wasn't for energy drinks, and aspirin.
The thing is the longer you do it the easier it gets. Not only does your body get in shape, but you start to learn little tricks to make things easier on yourself. You learn to watch the OG's, and see how they do it for maximum easy mode. Also don't be afraid to ask questions. Most fellow tradesmen will be happy to answer them. Just don't be that annoying guy that's constantly asking what's going on.

Trade if you're looking for steady reliable work at a good wage with the possibility of starting your own business. College if you want to be a disposable office drone.

I make 110 in trade with no student debt and 100% match up to 7% 401k

learn a trade, and make sure you don't spend too much in order to do so.

The one on the right should have an apron and a name tag.

Attached: Lly4f5gv.jpg (400x400, 25K)

you get 15-17 for your average BS desk job...

what does your work entail? because busting my balls all week for a benefit of less than 25%? not to mention the government taking more and more as i work harder....

where is the incentive?

None, start a business. I work for about 5 days a month, the rest of the time my work consists of packing orders and dropping them off at the post office, or someone comes to my house to buy something and I chat with them for 10 minutes. Made a little over 100k last year. I could increase my profits anytime I feel like it by working more, but why do I need to.

College. You'll thank your body in 20 years that you got a nice comfy desk job that allows you to shit post on Jow Forums doing 9-5 and weekends off then any physical labor job.

I get a 100% match up at 5% on my 401K.
I'm happy with that. Considering I'm still in my 20's, and I have zero student loan debt I feel like I'm doing pretty good for myself.
If I keep this up along with my usual weekly savings by the time I'm 50 I will be sitting in a pretty nice position.

This is true, entrepreneurship is the best way to go about things but you need seed money in most cases.

there aren't any behemoth trade companies because they can't automate anything in trades. There will never be any behemoth trade companies.
It takes a human to descend some wobbly wooden 1800s basement steps and know how to tinker for two hours with an old oil furnace to coax it into running again on an icy January night. And knowing where to hit the hammer so it will fire up takes OJT, intuition, creativity and experience.

why do anglos call manual labour "trade" when it is unrelated to trading ?
I mean, the guy on the right looks more like a trader than the guy on the left

That sounds like a shit job

Use objective measures of intelligence, i.e. test scores on entrance exams or IQ test.

SAT is the best readily available "pure" measure of aptitude/ intelligence. If you're not top 10% of the population you're going to struggle in any meaningful degree program that will help you get a job. Doesn't mean you can't still do it, but realize you'll have to work extra hard compared to your peers to get decent grades.

You'll need to vet a study guide to learn the tips and tricks of avoiding the best, but realize this typically only adds 10-50 points to your overall score (which would put you maybe 2-3% higher, at most).

Have fun spending time going to the gym, or inevitably getting fat.

Imagine being too stupid to look up a definition

Attached: Screenshot_20190620-104314_Samsung Internet.jpg (1439x955, 262K)