Paganism books (fr)

Hey, i'm interested into paganism, in the form it was just before christanaty time comes, what book can you advice for a beginner?

If possible, books with french translation.

Attached: The_Triumph_Of_Christianity_Over_Paganism.Gustave_Doré_Opt.jpg (668x1035, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!s5EFFQSY!QTYGwRruFqfYUl8BvtV1rQ
mega.nz/#F!enYW2SoR!xZdAoR1ot83If38-3MAxig
mega.nz/#F!yqBSUSbJ!_JvL-5deQirjFeKIv2BICQ
runemagick.com/gorsleben.pdf
archive.org/details/CreedOfIron
the-savoisien.com/wawa-conspi/viewtopic.php?id=1016
amazon.com/Study-Havamal-Original-English-Translations/dp/193757136X
gutenberg.org/files/7524/7524-h/7524-h.htm
archive.org/details/VargVikernesSorceryAndReligionInAncientScandinavia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Animal fucking 101
>French
A good start with that diversity op

Attached: 61fYOzx7O0L.jpg (946x1360, 105K)

>Be pagan
>Search for pagan books
>They are all written by Christians.
>Pic related is OP

Attached: 1548700776953.png (500x506, 93K)

Come on, i'm sure there are some people with strong mind and body, not just transgender trolls over here xD

>hi id like some information about a time that has been systematically erased from history and replaced with a narrative suitable to christians
>please and thank you
lol they were cannibals with no language and no civilization who fucked and sacrificed their children user there’s nothing more to know.

Show flag pajeet.

mega.nz/#F!s5EFFQSY!QTYGwRruFqfYUl8BvtV1rQ
Here's my library, I've got some good works on paganism with particular interest in neoplatonism but it is in general mostly a library of western canon.
>be retard
>unaware that Greeks wrote extensively

Kay thx, will take a look, hope it's not contamined shit ^^

You must be thinking about that pussy hole like Abraham who chopped his foreskin and almost slaughtered his son

It isn't. That would defeat the entire purpose of making these culturally significant works easy to access.

>expecting the cringy Deus Vult fags on nu-pol to help you with Paganism
Brace yourself OP, the bible belt is coming with another shit thread

Attached: -947216554317.jpg (1920x1394, 1.06M)

try this

Attached: pagan.png (1100x1100, 531K)

Yep, this is the place of good people !

any natsoc regardless of personal religion should understand the religion and stories of their homeland. christcucks really are the worst

Yeah, it's ok, thx ;)

Paganism is just ritual cults and sacrifices that people believed would bring them luck in battle or good harvests or whatever

It’s not and never was an “ism”

The whole idea of a moral code supernaturally ordained by supreme God(s) is basically a Jewish invention

This is why Paganism died so easily, when pagans were defeated in battle the gods were clearly not doing their jobs and didn’t deserve to be worshipped. Very much in contrast to Christianity which thrives under persecution

The ironic thing about modern Pagan larpers is that their entire view of religion comes from Christianity. They think paganism is some kind of overarching moral and metaphysical worldview when it’s really just “if I burn this carving of a cow Unga Bunga will bring the rains”

you're not wrong
but much has been written about paganism and pagans before jews even brought christianity into europe
whats exactly wrong about learning about deeper details of ones land and people?

Our best attested forms of European paganism, Greek and Roman, were already openly doubted and regarded basically as superstition by the large majority of people who actually mattered. It’s actually hard to find a Greek or Roman thinker who uncritically accepts paganism as truth

Did you know Julius Caesar was the highest priest in Rome? And even he knew it was basically just ceremonial and a meme

For what i think, as a beginner, paganism is more about natural evolution, ritual with psychologic fonctions that works, and this kind of things. R.Girard, has discover what is really about in religion, picking one, for me, is kind of a choice for what is important...

Paganism in its many forms (be it Slavic,Germanic,Baltic,Greek,Roman,Celtic etc) has far more metaphysical depth than any of the hebrew drivel we have been subjected to.

Why the fuck do you think things like LOTR takes a lot of inspiration from the Eddas and Norse mythology? Because it is expansive and detailed. Monotheism is a watered down metaphysics for retards that just need a 'code' to follow.

Stop reading cartoonish fantasies of the world made by your ancestors.

seems interresting...

Read some Julius Evola. He gets into the heart of traditional metaphysical thinking, including traditions we now consider pagan, without wasting too much time on the degenerate unga bunga shit

so he should read cartoonish fantasies of the world by foreigners instead?
come on guy..

no xD

I add this to the list!

No cartoonish fantasies at all. #nofedora

Tbh fair point until the last sentence.
That can be applied to all 'religions', and particularly judeo ones.

Also, Christianity sought to exploit peoples lower selves regarding power and wealth, whereas pagan life was more about holistic existence in small communities with simple existences. There is overlap, but broadly speaking it is true.

If the best example of the continued importance of metaphysical thought you can give is LOTR then you have amply proved my point.

Folk epics are worth reading and knowing but as a religion it’s not worth taking seriously.

Maybe as practiced by the degenerated lower rungs of society. It’s true that into the early modern period even Christianity, especially Catholicism, carried a lot of superstitious and profane aspects to it. Relics and pilgrimages etc

It still had an infinitely richer moral, philosophical, and metaphysical framework that literate people were generally aware of

>willingly wanting to worship satan
yikes

Asatru
mega.nz/#F!enYW2SoR!xZdAoR1ot83If38-3MAxig

Attached: 1538648315439.png (1080x1648, 669K)

Paganism did not die easily.
See, Look through the books of the Renaissance.
All that mystic astrology and alchemy stuff is deeply rooted in Neoplatonism. Kepler, Copernicus, Galileo, all deeply influenced by Neoplatonist theology.

Paganism isnt a single religion.........

Icelandic Saga
mega.nz/#F!yqBSUSbJ!_JvL-5deQirjFeKIv2BICQ

Attached: 1561317200566.jpg (736x981, 104K)

Christianity is for weak, it make you weak. You don't think by yourself, it may be ok for some, but i don't think people are ok with the fact of being weakest in futur, evolution is not that... Nietsche explain some things about it...

>mega.nz/#F!enYW2SoR!xZdAoR1ot83If38-3MAxig
burzum!

I know now xD

Standards and practices of maintaining households and society with a moral code isn't truth or falsehood. There are better and worse ways to organize society. You're poisoning the well with the same shallow talking points.

>The ironic thing about modern Pagan larpers is that their entire view of religion comes from Christianity. They think paganism is some kind of overarching moral and metaphysical worldview when it’s really just “if I burn this carving of a cow Unga Bunga will bring the rains”
nice projection fag. Paganism can be whatever you want it to be be.

and and jews don't believe in god either. because it's retarded

I bet this retarded watches capeshit

This is only in German and English available, but it's not difficult to read. Browse through some chapters that you find interesting.
runemagick.com/gorsleben.pdf

Attached: Hoch-Zeit der Menschheit.png (618x609, 62K)

If you make your own path, the religion is just a place to regroup with people thinking the same. If there is no religion with values you re working for, make it!

Beside this, let me add, if you think that civilization through eras of dominant illiteracy rates was really pure in Christian doctrine you are truly historically retarded.

Pretty much everybody was and is a heretic in ways. Some on Jow Forums might say that Mexicans aren't really Christian because so many pagan traditions and beliefs pervade the Mexican sphere, but then turn right around and celebrate the Christmas tree. Paganism can't really die since pagan folk traditions and beliefs produce themselves spontaneously everywhere and anywhere. Pagan thought is as diverse as ethnicity, the two are intrinsically related.

added to the list, thx dude!

Don't forget to read Creed of Iron by Ron McVan and David Lane the anti-christian who coined the immortal 14 words.
archive.org/details/CreedOfIron

Christians are NOT our allies. If they are redpilled on the history of Christianity and still insist of loving a jew in the desert more than their own blood and soil, they are TRAITORS. No comprimises, no conformation, we cannot afford to lose OUR holy land (Europe not pissreal) by having trust in people that never have contributed anything to the well being of the european soul and soil.

Attached: f36fzc (1).jpg (396x525, 91K)

True, and more, some of the technology we use nowaday can be in future christianic ritual here and there (only if we can continue to maintain evolution in the future, of course...)

Kalevala by Elias Lönnrot, only issue is finding a good translation from Finnish to French.

Kalevala is about Soumenusko, basically the old faith pre-cuckianity, and this dude went above and beyond trying find everything he could about it and etc. Its a really interesting book and very pleasant to read 10/10

Temple of Wotan: Holy Book of the Aryan Tribes by Ron McVan and David Lane.
the-savoisien.com/wawa-conspi/viewtopic.php?id=1016

Attached: temple_of_wotan.png (780x608, 750K)

kay, but i don't think christianity is not an allie, it has make history the way it his... i think, for now on, future, and evolution is the return toward paganism with all the knowledge we have acquire now...

>christanaty
hmm... yeah... you might be well inspired to stick to Paganism for a while... at least until you learn spelling and grammar

btw i'm doing a disservice to Christianity by saying this, it's open to everyone including retards, feel welcome to join ASAP

>what book can you advice
it's "advise", the noun is "advice" but the verb is "advise"
you're welcome
I promise to remain subtle in my Christian preaching while teaching you middle school English

Seriously dude, dropping all nasty attitude now, paganism may be cool but Christianity is cooler in ways
Read books about guys who went from witchcraft to christianity like john ramirez and nicky cruz, and also check david wilkerson who moved from his tiny pennsylvania hills parish to rescue gang members in NYC in the 60s
Christ works, Christianity works at saving people and leading good productive loving lives
Paganism? not so much

Attached: 1415099334038.png (607x613, 991K)

Attached: 51qysppqTsL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_ (2).jpg (333x499, 31K)

It didn't work toward making you not an insufferable cunt.

Paganism is the notion of the ideals and their representation by Gods and their traits that the people try to personify, such as wisdom. Unlike Christianity, paganism is in sync with nature, not against it; it sees people as one with nature, not above it. It is highly Darwinian and the greatest menace to the Jews, who dislike the Europeans for not cutting off their pagan roots. Christianity is merely bolshevism with a tinsel of metaphysics.

go back to rebbit

This gem has recently been translated into English..

Attached: product_thumbnail (1).jpg (212x320, 75K)

>cannibals with no language and no civilization
like the Egyptians?

xD yeah, i know, my english is... really good ^^'
I don't know why you'r saying things like if i've told "christianity is not cool". I'm, more or less, ok with what you'r saying...

On topic and contains a link to download the books for free. You can ignore rest of the posts. They are mostly butthurt christians mad about the revival of native European spirituality and the end of Neo Judaic cult christianity.

That being said study the Havamal it came directly from God. Everything else take it with a grain of salt.

I have memorized every single verse in the Havamal and I have studied it. I know the true meaning of all the verses (or at least that's what I would like to believe). I can interpret verses for you if you wish.

Don't read it, you will get bored and stop reading it. Study it! Read just one stanza and memorize it. Think about it the whole day and try applying it to your day to day life. The next day another stanza. You will improve as a person. Both spiritual wealth and material wealth will surely be yours. The book I'm going to link to for this purpose is not free but it is cheap. It is the best one I could find. If someone wanted to study the Havamal on their own this by far the best book as it offers the original old norse text and also different English translations.

Different people tend to interpret Havamal differently. It is like the Jewish Torah, short but contains vast knowledge. Sadly we don't have our own Talmuds to interpret it for the common folk.

Attached: Havamal 127.jpg (322x456, 18K)

I ll make my own way through all of this...

It's the same for interpretation, i think you surely found a true way, but i have to understand it myself in the hard and long way.

If i found you somewhere else, by any chance, will will talk about this in a better way ;)

Buy it before (((they))) shut it down because they are already mad about it.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-22-20-18-37-33.png (1080x875, 153K)

Pretty much.

For me, it is being possessed by the Archetype of the collective unconscious, which the Greeks used to call Gods — among them, Apollo, which really is Wotan for the Germans, and Vishnu or Shiva for the Hindus — and its development in the individual and collective souls of the people. That means a new/old religion, with all of its rituals and myths which are necessary to discover, or rediscover.

I am opposed to Darwin in my conception of race. I do not have evolutionary views, but involutionary ones.

>amazon.com/Study-Havamal-Original-English-Translations/dp/193757136X
xD

Also don't touch anything related to celtic and hellenic Paganism. They are gone for good. Unlike the Superior Germanic people Celts did not write anything about their native faith. They fell for Jewish subversion christianity too hard and destroyed everything Pagan.

Same with Southrons like Varg says they are mixed. They (the christians) dishonored their Pagan ancestors and destroyed everything Pagan while making Judaism the only legal non christian religion. Compare these subhumans to superior Germanics and Nordics who continued to write about Pagan ancestors even after supposedly converting to christianity.

Anyone who claims to be a celtic Pagan, souther European Pagan, a Shaman or a druid is clearly larping. No such thing as celtic Paganism exists. They are worse than Wiccans and give us real Pagans aka Germanic Pagans, Slavic Pagans and Baltic Pagans who actually have unbroken customs a bad rep.

Also Did I mention Tacitus Germania? The best book to read if you want to know about un-cucked Pagan Germany.
gutenberg.org/files/7524/7524-h/7524-h.htm

Attached: 1544490491333.jpg (1024x639, 105K)

Hellenic paganism got a lot more sources than Germanic lel

>Oi vey goy!
>Don't learn about your countries original paganistic roots, learn my favourite brand only!
>the rest are just lies!

Now you did ^^ nice site btw

It's so fucked that there is not such thing as Jow Forums in french... Ha! I think i have to rise my skills in english...

i know
that's why i toned it down in the end
this post about christianity made me realize i'm a snobby cunt

alrighty then that's the right way to approach anything: not out of hate for its opposites

i just was actually
reddit's cool, especially the main subreddit with all their jewish control:)

Attached: 1364468612438.gif (244x325, 1.31M)

>simple existences.
M8, the original Christian was a homeless pacifist. Asceticism was huge in early Christianity for a reason.

kikes are utterly terrified of the pre-Christian pagan religions ever getting a foothold.

Sage Varg's Paganism Explained series are great if you want someone wise to interpret things for you. Sadly those books are also not available for free.

Attached: images(3).jpg (433x708, 52K)

In French, I recommend "Les Catacombes de la libre pensée" by Robert Dun.
He was a former French Waffen SS and this was written in theneighties, incredibly prophetic as well. Haven't read his other books.

Unironically, don't laugh, but "Cosmos" by Michel Onfray (yeah I know) if you are more into a philosophical, non controversial side of Paganism. It's his best book.

Attached: catac.jpg (264x353, 26K)

No it does not. Most of the authentic hellenic Pagan literature was burned by Christians (hint library of Alexandria)

Attached: 1544490706904.jpg (220x240, 11K)

Sorcery and Religion in Ancient Scandinavia by Varg Vikernes
archive.org/details/VargVikernesSorceryAndReligionInAncientScandinavia

Sage Vargdalf The Wise is generous and doesn't mind you pirating his books!

Attached: Varg__Greven__Viker_329420a.jpg (1080x1060, 140K)

Yeah, i know Varg, his cool and i'm interested in his books.
But as you has understand, i'm going toward some free epub or pdf before going on this kind of things. héhé ^^

>archive.org/details/VargVikernesSorceryAndReligionInAncientScandinavia
sweet!

You know guys, I wish the truth was more easily obtained. Everyone in these threads, including myself, always just shit talks the other side. I've read and learned a lot about both paganism and Christianity. Sadly neither are apparently sticking out to me as worldly truths. As the Japanese dude posted, paganism is so much about wrecking a cow for Bongo Dongo I Don't Want To Leave The Congo to give you good crops for the winter. Christianity is JUST - the religion. Its abrahamic counterparts are just as bad. Nothing seems to strike me as being real. I don't want to live a life thinking everything is relative and that there is no higher being. Help.

Attached: FB_IMG_1556107728661.jpg (720x405, 30K)

Study the Havamal just once. You will be surprised how much you will start to love Allfather Óðinn.

Attached: 1543797038823.png (2504x1181, 900K)

Yes, I've read into European Paganism enough as it is. Odin/Wotan/Whatever other translation of his name is nothing but an Archetype for the wise old man that Europeans have genetically/epigenetically developed. Paganism in of itself in its European form is a collection of stories that have developed throughout different tribes in slightly different ways. The stories of the sky father, divine twins, dawn goddess, etc are all prevalent in these faiths. I have no doubt that these myths are stories and not reality. Whatever good they do is strictly speaking a tool for society, not for a way to obtain religious truth. Odin and Svarog, and Thor and Zeus are for all purposes the same being reportrayed in slightly different cultures.

Triumph of the Moon
Ronald Hutton

I understand... i'm more in studiying how human works in an anthropological matters, psychologically and physiologically, it makes you thinking about... what is reality... If you think that you can just believe in something that you feel believable, it's not that simple. In fact, to be brief, learn more about sciences en general should makes you go beyond the need of beliefs.

Yeah Yeah but do you want succeed in life or not? You don't want to be a Jew worshiping faggot do you?

Why do you think Jews are so successful. Because they have an ethnic religion and the Torah.

Germanic Paganism is our ethnic religion and Havamal is our Torah.

Attached: 1560831305634.jpg (599x286, 41K)

>Germanic Paganism is our ethnic religion and Havamal is our Torah.
Time to remove your memeflag

Everything is arbitrarily designed due to evolution and we are all walking this earth for no reason other than what is essentially a random number generator that put us here, if we choose to disregard belief. If it was just a big bang and there is no higher entity to make sense of this mess and not just bring in endless relativity and moral subjectivism then the world is pointless from all aspects, regardless of how we function as humans. It does not matter how we function because our functions were developed through a random set of evolutionarily designed traits. Studying our nature doesn't interest me because it doesn't bring meaning to me. If one is to disregard belief they may as well become a Stirnerist.
There is no inherent reason to "succeed" in life if there is no truth. Which is why I am searching for it. And not blindly following a literal set folklore tales because my ancestors did so. I fully understand the desire, but you cannot proclaim to be a representative of a higher, enlightened race of being, yet tunnel vision your way into believing folk stories are true just because it benefits your biology, which paganism admittedly does. Also Germanic paganism is the ethnic religion of the Germanic people. You are almost certainly a northern american hiding under meme flags so people won't criticise you for being as white as rye bread. If you were in the very least Scandinavian then by all means, follow that faith. But it is not the catch all faith of all Europeans. It is just a faith that developed for Northern Europeans primarily, and close variations of it exist all around Europe and beyond.

Theogony and Metamorphoses are the most important.
Try Edith Hamilton if you are having a hard time with primary sources.

You and me, are more depending of what we are than on what we think. And you can go beyond feelings and reason by really understanding that. This is my way, maybe not yours, but... if you have no interrest in one thing, try another, you'r maybe happyer be working as a paesant ^^

Thx mon ami, i certainly will ;)

Fake and gay. Read Plato, you fucking DnC cunt.

The German philosophers and writers were heavily influenced by pagan thought, both their own and Greek and Roman.
If you have to lie to defend your religion supposedly based on Greek Logos, this says a lot.

I have no interest in dissecting the humanly interactions of peasants and noblemen or modern day working and upper class. We all end up six feet under. Understanding the inner machinations of the universe is what really interests me. Biology and psychology, as complex and interesting as they might be, don't delve deep enough and only cover the surface level. Of course I have no problems with you choosing your own interests, it's just not for me, personally.
Yes, but philosophical thought and theological truths are very different. I'm sure the Thomas Carlyles of this world can make a distinction between the societal good hero worship can bring and any sort of inherent theological universalism that those heroic stories contemplate.

And this isn't anything against the Poetic Edda, but I think it may be more difficult to understand for beginners.
I would say you should read a little on both Greek and Norse then go with what most interests you. These are also good books as secondary sources:
Norse Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Heroes, Rituals, and Beliefs
Gods and Myths of Northern Europe

And obviously the Poetic Edda and Sagas of the Icelanders as primary sources. There are other good Sagas as well.

Not really. Especially in terms of the Greeks where philosophy was heavily derived from myth and theology. Many of the metaphors and allegories in Plato's Dialogues are based on the myths.
Law was based upon myth and religion so there was no escaping religious thinking even for those philosophers who tended towards a more materialist philosophy. They were merely reacting.

Read: The History of The Franks by Gregory of Tours, it is not exactly pagan but it is the story of the Frankish/French people as they were closest to their pagan habits, lots of good stories.

Attached: Louis,_Grand_Condé.png (521x600, 847K)

If i get you well, your in nihilism? Nothing matters cause at the end, nothing change.

Finally, i think i ll follow your advice. I've started to read the poetic edda, but some things are out of my understanding... ^^'

This is the difficult thing with the Norse, there are so many kennings, multiple names for gods, and strange words, etc. that it can be hard for beginners. This is why I would suggest getting a grasp of the Greeks first as it may make understanding the Norse a little easier. It's a bit like learning another language because it is another way of thinking.
But good secondary sources are fine as well if you are more interested in the Norse.