Does it bother you knowing that we will be the last mortal of the human race?

Does it bother you knowing that we will be the last mortal of the human race?

By all likelihood a cure for aging will be found in the next century and people will live to be thousands of years old, explore the solar system and galaxies,

Attached: a3616525973_10.jpg (800x600, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Goodall_(botanist)#Death
youtube.com/watch?v=-wQLKMUWANg
streamable.com/3j3hc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don’t want to live forever. I’d get bored after year 300.

It’s not gonna happen

Medical science can’t cure a mild case of heartburn, how we the going to make people live forever. You have too much faith in technology

Ypu won't have that either.
Why not?

>next century

We dont even have 5% of the technology needed to reach another galaxy and explore its planets

Literally every generation thinks they're gonna be the last ones to have to face death. It's not happening faggot. Not in this century and probably not the next either.

They better cure Alzheimer's first, although I can imagine a pretty strange SciFi dystopia if they didn't.

We don't, but we have the ability to develop it.
With most people I've spoken to, many do not think its a priority to explore space.

If we really wanted to, we totally could.
All that matters is funding and public view.

Nah this ride is shit and I want off as soon as possible. Only way I'd want to stay longer is if waifu bots came online but thats not happening

This is something I think about constantly. We might miss the boat on the true cure for aging in the normal span our lives, BUT we might hang around long enough to extend our lives 10 or 15 years, hanging on until the next breakthrough extending our life another bundle of years. In this way we might inch our way to immortality.

I am not this human body, I do already live forever.. changing bodies like clothing.

It would bother me to be one and the same body (with a degrading brain and outdated ideas) for a longer period of time.

That's bad reasoning.
While they can't cure heartburn, they can do complex brain surgery.

Attached: this is a brain.jpg (522x460, 74K)

I am immortal, this body is simply a temporary vessel. A projection of my will.

Attached: 500px-Tzeentch_the_Architect_of_Fate.jpg (500x545, 45K)

My current retirement plan is to get euthanized and have my body immediately cryogenically frozen to be revived at a later point. I'll live forever, will you?

watch that Dracula interview on JRE, they are already working on anti-ageing.

>use modified viruses injected with your DNA to fix up your body.
it is a real possibility. but again, you are not the body. it is an illusion.

>I am not this human body, I do already live forever.. changing bodies like clothing.
If these set of life extending technologies ever come true, it will mean you will wear some clothes for longer than others.

You must learn to program your DNA in real-time and to promote healthy apoptosis.

There is some articles on this guy some of you might find interesting.
He killed himself at the age of 104. He has stated he was tired of being alive.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Goodall_(botanist)#Death

>you are not the body
I have a feeling you're one of the moravec transfer supporters.

>cure for aging
i've already got eternal life thanks though.

Feels like a relief desu. Imagine having to compete with someone with thousands of years of experience

Attached: 1438638464946.gif (347x244, 3.56M)

Yeah, I'm sure they'll all survive accidents and homicides.

Tbh that guy was old and sick, i would assume that it would have been different if he had the body of a 20yo healthy Chad.

where will your conciousness (idea of a self) be while your body is on pause? will you be watching your frozen body, or would you think it will be like a prolonged deep slip? don't you think the cold would mess withy your brain? would you be the same person, if your brain changed? no fear of missing out on happenings?

Nothing against it, as long as you remain sharp and not a dull NPC just vegetating in your dull life.

this

it's just a logical conclusion, whatever you can be aware of is not you. If someone cuts of your hand, are you less YOU?

What was your last body like?

It's always the same. There is only one me.

What makes you think you're conscious and not marely a fraction of the omniscient consciousness that is the universe? After all everything that we are was, is and will be a piece of this universe.

the rest of the universe is few barren unlivable rocks separated by a near infinity of empty space.

>After all everything that we are was, is and will be a piece of this universe.
could be. but it could as well be that this universe is a piece of you

>I am special and unique, nothing like me could ever be recreated somewhere else
enjoy your bondage and fear of death

Here in burgerland we chose diversity over space exploration, hard to believe we landed on the moon 50 years ago
>inb4 moon landing was a hoax

>listens to Beethoven 9 while dying

Based

how divorced from reality do you even have to be to hold such beliefs. mankind's destiny is to eventually self destruct, and to deny that is arrogance.

I don't want to be a slave for kikes and live in this hell full of evil retards for too long. I'm already tired of it.

> it could as well be that this universe is a piece of you
If the universe is a piece of me then were is the rest of me?
You're implying that our consiousness maybe transendent and immortal while everything indicates the oppoit.
The universe was there long before we were conscious.
by all likelihood our consciousness is only a fraction of a higher state, a but like one personality in the mind of a skizo.
We believe that we are alive and aware but what if it was just an illusion?

Attached: 1427143568973.jpg (1921x1080, 369K)

>not realising that hindus are right about everything
>not realising that the yugas are real, that everything is cyclical in nature
>playing the same game over and over again like an idiot
>not trying to attain freedom from bondage and realise your utlimate oneness with God

whatever man. I can see your point of view, you need to believe that shit since it keeps you going. I am not judging you, I could have had a similar timeline as you easily. For some reason I didn't...

But the truth is (from whichever point you analise it), there is nothing to achieve. It's like playing minecraft and telling me about your shitty castle you built and how important it is that you preserve it...

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-26 at 03.13.20.png (1018x158, 86K)

My iron will cuts through all of eternity

>>I am special and unique, nothing like me could ever be recreated somewhere else
We are very complex too be fair. A gigantic list of variables needed to be just right for us to be here.Plenty of near-extinction events throughout history.
Keep in mind that it takes 3-4 billion years to have an earth-like planet. Our sun is 3-4 billion years old. It takes billions of years to reach the level of evolution we have.
I would not be surprised if we are actually alone in the universe.
How old is the universe? 16 billion years old?
16 billion years(age of the universe) / 4 billion years (the age of our sun) ..... / all the variables that are just right. Maybe we are actually alone?

How many earth-like planets are there?
I read that one of them is very big and has a considerably different gravitational field from earth. Just this one variable, how much does it changes the entire path of evolution on a planet? Get where I am coming from senpai?

I find this video is very intersting.
youtube.com/watch?v=-wQLKMUWANg

>The universe was there long before we were conscious.
That is how it appears to be. Just like when we start dreaming, the dreamworld was already there and seems to have some history of its own..

since time and gravity are relative, it could mean that there could be infinite universes in a grain of sand. How unique would we then be?

>a cure for aging will be found in the next century
Global warming is scheduled to kill off humanity next week - two weeks at the latest.

Attached: MB (1).gif (400x225, 19K)

space is fake and gay

>since time and gravity are relative, it could mean that there could be infinite universes in a grain of sand. How unique would we then be?

This is too abstract for me.

ur fake and gay

Wanna see a movie on how they already figured out the next stage when that happens as evidence of predictive programming? The title of it is, "In Time." Dystopian as fuck.

if you really believe in the infinity of the mind then you should understand it has more to offer us than the rest of the universe.

it's too abstract for me too, but it doesn't discount it from being a possibility. fractals and cycles are used throughout nature.

>In physical cosmology, fractal cosmology is a set of minority cosmological theories which state that the distribution of matter in the Universe, or the structure of the universe itself, is a fractal across a wide range of scales

>ur fake and gay
i wish

>to offer us than the rest of the universe.
it can't offer inherent meaning. Thats why we need to make one up.
>improving yourself
>learning lessons
>helping others
>saving civilisation
>ensuring survival of our special race and colonising space
>being a good goy and going to heaven
>enlightenment
etc

if you think deeply about any of those, you will get disillusioned by them.

>By all likelihood a cure for aging will be found in the next century

Read some Tainter. Complex civilizations always think they will innovate their way through every problem. The only problem is that in reality you get diminishing returns on research and technique. Look around, it's already happening.

We will never "solve" aging. That is insane.

Attached: 2ziebb.jpg (500x527, 58K)

I wonder what it feels like to be immortal, like overtime you learn and collect knowledge of every Century you lived through. Watching your wife and children die before your eyes, before having the courage to find love again and watch your new ones die. Lmao.

Call me a psychopath but my mindset is that "there is always a new story to tell".

Attached: 20190625_184339.jpg (1080x1204, 596K)

you answered your own question. your imagination allows you to experience it.

Also, I am sure may people thought like you, since this is the plot of one of those Highlander movies.

Das rayciss, how else u Gon feed da poor black folk n sheeeit. No whitey on da moon

Attached: 1536155200586.png (1127x733, 446K)

Without whites it won't happen there will be a sudden stop in technological progress as soon as we are bred out of existence (which is calculated to be in the next 50 years or so). Think of it like fallout wasteland, with remnants of lost technology, but no white people smart enough to maintain it or create new tech. Just techno barbarian factions that fight over the last remaining tech/ammo/food before it all runs out and the fall into dark ages once again.

Attached: PassAlong.jpg (1653x859, 704K)

Attached: 192727w.jpg (1920x2268, 1.44M)

streamable.com/3j3hc

Attached: hg.jpg (2440x1623, 2.33M)

if (((they))) find a cure for aging, it won't be for you, you racist piece of shit.

Social Credit score will determine how long you get to live.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-26 at 04.37.19.png (1160x590, 134K)

>explore the solar system and galaxies,>>
don't need a body for that...

You think the elites would want common people starting to think and plan long term?

Attached: spawn carrier.png (679x661, 312K)

You can still get hit by a truck or get stabbed

I don’t want to live forever seems kind boring. I’d be happy with being the first generation that starts large scale space exploration and colonization. If I’m not on the rockets going to mars I’d love to see those fucks fly off. The density of humanity is to conquer the stars! SPACE FORCE NOW!!!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

I can almost guarantee you none of that will happen. People have always predicted all kinds of crazy things about the future and those predictions are almost always bullshit. The few times someone does accurately predict something, you can chock it up to being either a result of that individual's unique genius or it's just a matter sheer coincidence.

user...seriously?
Jesus Christ is real and returning soon.

All this scientistic crap is about to be shown for the lie it is.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1179, 1.09M)

imagine saying "That decade was gay af, you missed nothing, I was there"

Attached: 1510571049921.jpg (240x180, 16K)

haha almost epic digits boi.

Holy shit you people are retarded
>evolution
>space
>nukes/technology

All obvious jewshit to keep you distracted and not fixing this faggot ass world. Its the unholy trinity of lies you tards have made your entire worlds on. This shit has produced nothing of value for 50 years except help brainlets imagine they could do something worthwhile someday. Evolution lies to/robs you of your past, space the future, and nukes/tech the present.

Attached: 1559585704425.jpg (500x530, 49K)

>ERRYONE GON LIVE 4EVR ONE DAY
Sure they will, OP, sure they will.

>Medical science can’t cure a mild case of heartburn, how we the going to make people live forever. You have too much faith in technology

What is a Proton pump inhibitor?

lol thinks the fountain of youth is not discovered.
LEARN TO CRISPER KID.

Attached: 1543132615617.jpg (619x682, 246K)

Attached: 01555396815481.png (777x2777, 905K)

Attached: 01555396836677.png (1222x3222, 924K)

Attached: 01555396856829.jpg (1222x3555, 677K)

Attached: 01555396896576.jpg (777x4444, 658K)

No. Do you not consider that advancing technology will eventually expand humanity throughout the universe, and that the infinite expanse will cry out for more friends to fill the lonely voids?

The resurrection will come.

Attached: 01555396923536.jpg (1222x4777, 770K)

Attached: 32423523422.jpg (1856x887, 214K)

You have failed to grasp the reality of decentralization. Money is a meme that will soon be forgotten. Institutions will no longer exist.

We will be free.

Attached: 1554829135650.jpg (491x699, 64K)

Attached: 1556232610383.png (500x500, 286K)

Attached: m43562454.png (864x892, 715K)

Attached: m34632453.jpg (1421x682, 117K)

Make one you lazy nigger. Or do you want to be fucking someone else's fantasy waifu?

Attached: 1556259854986.jpg (795x960, 180K)

Every traveller requires transport.

Attached: 1555568338188.png (629x960, 1.31M)

Until we get there.

Attached: 1560137688971.jpg (1920x1080, 527K)

Attached: 1560137799243.jpg (1920x1080, 505K)

Attached: 1560137914271.jpg (1920x1080, 506K)

To believe you, infinitesimal mud speck, are competent to grasp the destiny of humanity is nothing but arrogance and hubris.

I pity you. You cannot conceive that what exists can exceed your comprehension. Sociopathy is a disease.

Attached: m2452452.jpg (2048x1365, 523K)

If you make up meaning, you destroy real meaning.

Attached: m43534635.jpg (4359x2970, 3.25M)

Attached: m24523525.png (811x782, 845K)

Unbelievably gay post.

Attached: m435436.jpg (1079x1069, 258K)

Time does not exist user. Spacetime exists. Gravity is simply the affect force has on spacetime.