Nearly 100 drivers followed a Google Maps detour -- and ended up stuck in an empty field

>The alternate route took drivers down a dirt road that rain had turned into a muddy mess, and cars started sliding around.
>Some vehicles couldn't make it through the mud, and about 100 others became trapped behind them.

cnn.com/2019/06/26/us/google-maps-detour-colorado-trnd/index.html

Attached: 190626125105-02-colorado-google-maps-drivers-stuck-trnd-large-169.jpg (460x259, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zYESY1nJEQc
bitchute.com/video/XhBG3PtD08Ts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Google has gone too far this time.

If the pixels told you to drive off a bridge, yada yada yada

already happened several times
youtube.com/watch?v=zYESY1nJEQc

This a big eye-opener. Holy fuck man.... the United States is literally on the edge of collapse.

THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Aaand I'm proud to bee an americaaan where at leaast I know I'm freee

I like to think of it as natural selection

Imagine if you legitimately needed to use that route, and Google destroyed your dirt road and fucked up your field.

Attached: 190626124944-01-colorado-google-maps-drivers-stuck-trnd-super-169.jpg (1100x619, 76K)

I've always thought dirt roads should be paved.

I mean, you want to make a "current year" meme, how about it's the current year, we have computers and space travel (allegedly) and all these marvels of science and technology . . .

And yet here in our country we still have roads which are not even paved. Literally pre-Roman road technology. Rome was 2,000 years ago.

What the fuck, if we know there are these roads, and everyone knows where they are, why aren't they just fucking paved? Make a two-lane highway.

The absolute minimum should be a two-lane highway, and I think we should pass a law that by 2050, every single road needs to be four fucking goddamn lanes. You know why? So that good drivers can pass slow drivers.

That's the most important thing, and it's what our civilization should be built around.

why didnt they turn around?

This is what happens when you're a fucking brainlet lib and can't use a map.
"But...but...google wouldn't LIE, would they?"

Huh? Google maps didn't tell them to turn around.

Get a truck fags

Obviously this is just part of a right wing conspiracy.

Oy vey get a load of this nazi!
How dare you question google!

Do idiots seriously not read maps? Lmao

Why use your fucking brain at all when you have a smartphone chained to your spine?
>mention something interesting
>"HUH, IS THAT TRUE? LET ME GOOGLE IT. WOW, I GUESS YOU'RE RIGHT"

Didn't people die a few times from following Google directions through Death Valley and Joshua Tree?

High-tier Poe's Law post.

Kek, don't see any trucks or Jeeps in that pile up.

>zips past your blockade of mental retardation
nothing personell shithead

Attached: klx.jpg (561x374, 30K)

SkyNet bots are fucking with us. Testing how and when to strike us.
We lead teams of bilogics to deserted areas where drones and clean up bots are waiting.

So based, would you like to grab a cheeseburger or something with me user?

To be fair you'd probably trust them, as you can't look at a map while you drive, and once you're on the one way road with a car behind you you can't turn around. You're pushed into the same stupid mistake by traffic.

There is an undeveloped entrance to our subdivision. It’s about 10 turns off the main road. Every delivery truck googles the map and ends up at the dead end. It’s a big subdivision so I’m surprised google never fixed the map routes. It’s impossible to give the delivery guys instructions because the just following the robot directions

Google maps is retarded.
If I have to go into a gated community it always takes me to a side entrance you can't get in without a transponder.
Or it takes you through a million side roads at 30mph to save 1 mile on the main road.

I've started taking the directions with a massive grain of salt.

Attached: 1550255834177.jpg (932x960, 101K)

Faggots. That's a navigation tool, not a solution. You still have to have some idea of where the fuck you are going and exercise common sense.

Lazy ass, entitled muh technology fucks think every fucking gadget they can afford was specifically designed to address all their problems personally.

based and dual-sport-pilled

This is more serious than many may think. I live down several milesof dirt road and would be understandably mad if I came home to 100 retards blocking my way.

They deserve it. Death Valley and such places is exactly why you still bring your fucking Garmin with you. I go there several times a year and it astonishes me how many people show up there no better prepared than they'd be for a trip to their own living room.

Attached: 1556386706154.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

I deal with this same problem every single time I get a delivery.
Delivery "people" confirmed NPC

>I've always thought dirt roads should be paved.
Dirt roads which are properly prepared need less maintenance and last much longer than paved roads, at least anywhere with winters freezing the topsoil.

Years ago, my Garmin once tried to have me drive through a cemetery.

Attached: photostudio_1561556389360.jpg (360x425, 92K)

>Toyota Camry
>Prius
>Hyundai

Apparently this only affected Nip/Gook car drivers.

GOOGLE FUCKED UP
THEY TRY TO HIDE IT

EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WATCH THIS IF YOU NEW
bitchute.com/video/XhBG3PtD08Ts/

and spread the information
we are in the middle of Information war!

THIS IS ALL THAT MATTERS NOW

DO IT!!!!

All roads should be dirt, gravel or cobblestone.

Google hates us.

Attached: 1561451904888.jpg (640x633, 28K)

>flight plan based on distance and not ease of implementing.
Not even once. If you let that goggle cunt tell u what way to go, you are a lemming, a literal lemming.

>four lane hi way
NC HAS SIX LANE HIWAYS IN SOME CITIES AND THEY STILL CANT FLOW.

fucking idiots.
if you don't know where you are going without a faggot navigation system you are an NPC

>using google for navigation
Retards had it coming.

Sometimes I spend a few minutes checking EVERY box for those "check every box with" until it grudgingly gives me a different one

This kind of shit happened to me but it was pre-Google. I had to go from West Virginia to Southwest Virginia and the GPS led me through a fucking insane route.

If you think this pile-up is amazing, wait til self-driving cars are doing them!

Attached: 1550949671285.gif (280x211, 1.92M)

>be google
>try to teach your machines how to be fair
>forget to teach your machines how to not fuck up

Best gif ever

The only problem . . . the only problem . . . is people driving too slow in front of me.

And the only solution is whatever allows me to simply pass them. To simply go around.

It is not acceptable to me, when my time is not my own, when my free time is a precious and always dwindling thing, for some SLOW FUCKER to cost me time just because he wants to go slow, or is okay going slow, and I have to just live with it, while seconds burn away.

I am so fucking close, every year I get closer and closer to carrying a gun in my car, and the only thing that stops me is that I know that I'll be in prison within six months, because I see somebody who needs to be run off the road and gunned down like an animal almost every single day.

Get a Jeep truck fags

Attached: 918B3A16-8342-410A-AC08-CDB36CBB6C1B.jpg (1520x1477, 1.74M)

You’d be surprised how often a gps sends some city-it down a logging road. Can’t fix stupid I guess

Of course not. Soccer mom's driving Priuses are the biggest NPCs on the planet. The woman in the article even said she saw others doing it so she thought it would be okay. No one thinks for themselves anymore.

That's a real problem, I live out in the sticks and Google, Apple and so on mark out a lot of logging roads in the forests and trails through people's fields as being roads. I think the only reason they don't recommend people go driving through private property is that these fake roads don't have listed speed limits so they go to the bottom of the list.

This is from the video in the OP link.
There was a road closed sign but it is lying on it's side. CNN neglected to mention all the bullet holes lol

Based rural America strikes again

Attached: lol.jpg (1920x1080, 350K)