RETAIL APOCALYPSE: Pier 1 Imports to close 57 stores after sales fall:

>Trump's economy is very robus-

Welp...

>Pier 1 Imports to shutter 57 stores and possibly more, interim CEO says

>Home retailer Pier 1 Imports will be closing 57 stores — 12 more than it originally estimated — in the fiscal year. The Texas-based company’s interim CEO Cheryl Bachelder said the store closures are an increase from what they previously said in an April earnings call, USA Today reported.

>“If we are unable to achieve our performance goals, sales targets and reductions in occupancies and other costs, we could close up to 15 percent of our portfolio,” she said...

>n April, Pier 1 Imports said it could close dozens of stores in fiscal 2020 amid a significant decline in sales. On Wednesday, the retailer reported a loss of $81.7 million in its fiscal first quarter. The company said it had a loss of $19.97 per share. The home décor retailer posted revenue of $314.3 million in the period.

foxbusiness.com/retail/pier-1-imports-shutter-57-stores

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pharmaceutical-journal.com/news-and-analysis/news/boots-to-close-200-stores/20206737.article
youtu.be/fEabaVL9OPA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Trump's retail malaise is even infecting the UK:

>Boots to close 200 stores

>Boots is to close 200 stores during the next 18 months, its US parent company Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) has announced.

>WBA, which promised to re-employ staff affected by the move, said the closures represent 8% of its stores.

>No details on which stores will close have been revealed.

>Alex Gourlay, co-chief operating officer for WBA told a conference call on 27 June 2019: “Given the difficult market conditions in the UK, we have completed the review of our store portfolio and have started a store optimisation programme that will impact around 200 locations.

pharmaceutical-journal.com/news-and-analysis/news/boots-to-close-200-stores/20206737.article

Attached: boots-st-marks-shop-lincoln-web[1].jpg (1200x738, 228K)

>basic ass t-shirt costs $65
>"Why is nobody shopping at our Amerifat outlet stores?"

How is this Trump's fault, retard?

Attached: baa7f3d849df5e38f52725f58c81d2f0--kermit-face-kermit-the-frog.jpg (236x185, 4K)

>it's any politicians fault that young people aren't buying as much Chinese garbage and Amazon is better at selling the same exact garbage

?

>Pier 1 has been a corporate partner of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF since 1985—its longest-running corporate partnership—generating more than $42 million by selling UNICEF greeting cards, cause marketing, and emergency relief for Afghanistan, Haiti, and Iraq, as well as areas affected by the Indian Ocean tsunami.

nobody shops at pier 1 unless theyre a housewife with too much money and that all ended in 2008

>all the worst boomer stores closing

>fuckin trump

When is the last time you went into pier 1?

First quarter growth was 3.1%, which is pretty good. Figures came out today.

just because an economy is doing well doesnt mean inefficient or obsolete products/business will be kept afloat?

Oi Vey! Everyone must use their credit cards to purchase new products (like 65$ shirt) and then get excited for release of newer products and buy them!

Always overpriced and selling stuff that does nothing

Pier 1 is fucking retarded bullshit nigger "crafts" that for some reason mbutu gets 5 cents for, yet upper class white women pay $1,000 for.
10k% kike store

why are you too stupid to understand this basic reason for all brick and mortar stores getting fucked up the ass? the reason being:
>Amazon
jesus fuck you leftist ultracucks are STUPID AS FUCK

I have never set foot in a Pier 1 and I'm happy my boomer parents never did either

>my boomer parents never did either
Your parents were gen x you fucking child. You were born in maybe 1998, maybe 1999. Your parents werent boomers you fucking mongoloid

It’s Trump’s fault cuz it’s being reported NOW! Even though this shit has been happening for years since Internet retail started becoming a major thing back during Bush’43.

Now subtract government debt spending. Remember that government spending is a component of GDP (usually designated as 'G' in the basic GDP calculation formula), and that debt is a component of 'G'. How would our GDP "growth" look under an honest, balanced-books system?

You'll notice that government debt spending - while part of GDP "growth" - is not making its way down to retail consumers.

Attached: Budget.png (1371x1630, 137K)

Ever walked into a Pier 1 imports?
Yeah, me neither.
Now... fuck off.

They sell overpriced boomer crap. Good riddance.

how the fuck would government spending ever get to retail consumers unless they worked for the government of a government subsidized industry like healthcare?

You're a fucking retard

>has been downsizing for decades
African mask art and asian folk art are way out of vogue and are probably considered racist to own.
Stupid store.

You missed the point. The point is that the GDP "growth" is a fake number fueled by federal government DEBT SPENDING. Of course it doesn't make its way to average consumers. But actually...

>how the fuck would government spending ever get to retail consumers

A universal basic income program would do it.

>Trump's economy is very robus-
It is. At Publix, they stopped buying all their vegetables from Chile and started buying from local growers and form the U.S. Not only have vegetables like Red Peppers gone from $4 to $1.50, but now they are fresher, but they haven't traveled half way across the fucking planet.

Fuck the rest of the world, if a country can be completely self dependent, it should.

Boomer is a mentality now, now an age demographic

Blaming Trump and not Amazon. Fucking genius.

It's because American's aren't making enough money to buy expensive things! Fuck, give me some FREE money so I can spend it on shit I don't need!

Universal basic income? What the fuck are you even talking about now?

majority of the shit made there comes from slave labor
how about we make our own furniture

Yang Gang nigga.

>Pier 1 Imports
>Imports
Yes, this is Trump’s fault clearly

Attached: 3565034C-AB08-470B-942F-08C93030FAF5.jpg (1566x881, 105K)

No one gives a shit about pier 1 imports

End all corporate subsidies and welfare and stimulate the economy bottom up, free market style.

I've been inside a pier 1 imports once in my life

How's Pier 1 Domestic Goods doing?

>Yang gang

Who?

Your mother, cock sucker!

Good! Pier 1 is home goods for rich whites. All these stores are downsizing for demand. Most people shop online. Malls are mostly populated by blacks, so rich stores leave for white areas. Blacks heavily avoid places they think are heavy policed. Its really strange.

overpriced garbage.... this store that sells "Stuff" like decorative pillows for your pleather couch, so you can stuff 20 funky pillows and show off your decor skills - it's boomer tier
fuck this store and the rest like it

Hmm

Attached: 1560442831752.png (616x591, 983K)

Pier 1 only stocks complete crap and overprices throw pillows. They stock 100 colors of bar stool all at the same time. All while I am figuring out if I should live in an RV or keep renting a tiny one room apartment. Peir 1 doesn’t even sell a room divider, 7 tier bookshelf, or small footprint chairs. It’s a dated company of boomers that never got the memo that the US isn’t building new homes and new space is extremely limited. Then their website is terrible, straight up hostile to users. Relies on a big ass paper book to know the actual codes for anything. I am shocked they lasted this long.

pier 1 is a gay store

only women and fags shop there, bro

when was the last time that you said "holy fuck, i need to go to pier 1 imports to pick up a stained glass lampshade and decorative froo-froo pillow covers made by some bangladeshi kids"

throw that shit in the fucking garbage

>Speaking like a true boomer
Get this man a coors

This. I makes all my lampshades myself

Welfare?

>Coors
You leave Colorado-Koolaid out of this. It is a timeless refreshment enjoyed by all ages the world over, prick.

Kek. Touche ameribro

Business go out of business, it happens faggot, that's capitalism. Suck it commie fags

Here we go again. It's Trump's fault.
AMAZON has nothing to do with this.
get a brain faggot
sage

Someone get youtube Company Man video about the decline of Pier one

Lit Boomtard Holohoaxdroid clusterfux: is this all you got? How's that Trump's fault? Hmmmm..... But the bad economy was Obama's fault, when it boomed, Trump's glory, and when the measures to delay the shock market's collision with dumbass wear off, that isn't Trump's fault either. You're a NPC fag if you cannot face facts period. You share this with the other you's that suck kike cock in manifest opposing manners, but really: the same kike cock is the same kike cock.

Open your eyes, be courageous.

Otherwise I fart in your general direction

Attached: photostudio_1561574586969.jpg (372x640, 102K)

Almost no one has disposable income to throw around. Everyone is fucking poor as fuck and in debt.

Oh no not the useless trinket and clutter emporium

>no one has money anymore because jobs want to pay you shit
>no one can buy shit
>employers go bankrupt
wowee amazing

>a loss of $19.97 per share
Jesus christ.

What's the discord? New computer.

Because everything is Trump's fault because the TV said so
smart people repeat what their TV tells them

Attached: 1560341530-picsay.jpg (768x768, 116K)

That place has always sold over price garbage. Good fucking riddance.

More of these stupid ass threads

>Amazon crushed brick and mortar retail for a decade
>DRAUGMPFH!!!

I guess this is a big deal to the left because they tend to be unskilled workers - college grads who majored in humanities and have loads of student loans but are stuck working minimum wage retail.

Sage bait threads.

Attached: 1560379960232.jpg (400x400, 12K)

I salute your fizzle and anticlimactic effort at sounding like you know politics, but, like the facts you won't see, and life, itself someday: I left the conversation.

Maybe try not plugging your ears and sabotaging your own senses that much.

As I said...
(Fart Noises)

Good that store sucks and it only ever sold worthless trinkets and furnishings made in China. How much longer until all the horrible car dealerships go out of business? Why do they even exist?

Attached: poor car dealers.jpg (460x259, 22K)

That movie made me love this little nonwhite semen demon and really wonder what that drink tastes like.
Both look pretty refreshing

Dead and stupid is no way to claim an alliance to Christ.

Attached: photostudio_1561672469317.jpg (600x339, 115K)

basefs

my parents are quintessential boomers. not everyone here is 20

What is the internets

Copy that. "My Lord is French and despises those of the English persuasion...." "It's only a bloody rabbit...."

Attached: 1506284360097.jpg (570x587, 43K)

I walked into a Pier 1 Imports once to ask for a job, ask them if they were hiring, the lesbian couple manning the store looked at me like I was retarded and sent me off on my way.

I never forgot that, they couldn't just say, "No, sorry." They had to give me a look and give each other a look and then give me a look, like how retarded could I be to think that I could just come in and ask if they were hiring. Like, how fucking DARE I do that? I never forgot it.

Fucking dykes.

>convert your chain to an online retailer
Vs
>keep physical locations open where you have a daily horde of niggers waltzing in and shoplifting hundreds of dollars of items

Aight Boomers : we are real tired of the Reddit superimposition. And, like you people did when you stole Palestine, it's best if y'all hop on back over to Reddit, and obey the Community Standards. We ain't gonna play nice for much longer.

youtu.be/fEabaVL9OPA

Attached: photostudio_1561595946721.jpg (936x960, 232K)

Pier one still exists? They were hurting over a decade ago.

Well, you showed them, closing their store.

>Pier 1 buys cheaply made foreign products, sells at 300 percent markup
>Everyone discovers the internet, buys direct for next to nothing
>Pier 1 loses money, has to close stores
Somehow this is Trump's fault? You are a fucking idiot.

Attached: rs.jpg (976x768, 58K)

Pier1 isn't failing because of any politician... It's failing because boomers houses are already full of decorative 3rd world made garbage already, and millennials don't have the money, space or need for the trinkets and shit that store carries.

Attached: tmp_25165-1550780983682-1137656769.jpg (630x289, 16K)

Because you walk in Pier 1 and it's cheap Chinese furniture and lawn ornaments for 3000x the price

Your wife goes "oohh ahhh" like she's found Shangri-La and you're standing there frozen in horror

Who the fuck shops at Pier 1? I've never even been in one. No wonder they're going out of business.