ITT: We talk about alternatives to Google

This is absolutely politically related because it's about our freedom and privacy. Google, as you know, has become deeply embedded into our everyday lives. Leaks over the past few years have revealed that "Google is your friend" is far from the truth.

Let's discuss alternatives to Google products.

I'll start with some that sound good to me.

>Email
Proton Mail
>Web search
Startpage (SearX looks promising but has some functionality issues with the engines they use)
>Browser
Use this to pick one: spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html
>Phone OS
Lineage OS seems to be the only reasonable alternative at the moment, but is limited to the phones it will work on
>DNS
Addresses available via dns.watch/

Also make sure you are using browser plugins such as uBlock Origin, Decentraleyes, and Privacy Badger.

Attached: google.jpg (351x113, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/duckduckgo.html
home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm556
forum.bitchute.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>YouTube
Bitchute
LBRY.io

I switched to startpage.com. Simple no frills like Google was in the old days.

Why not duckduckgo?

Bitchute devs are kinda shit at communication. The forums are under maintenance now oddly, and they still havent released an api or an app.

I'm trying to get all my memes off Google Drive next.

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (600x300, 39K)

>search
Bing (it's better than duckduckgo so fuck you)
>email
protonmail - however we need some grassroots companies and this one is based in switzerland (illuminati hq) so I'm not so sure
>video
there exist no decent alternatives to jewtube atm. bitchute is garbage and uses saturn symbolism in their banner and logo
>phone
get a real cellphone (a "dumb"phone)

Dtube, Vimeo and Dailymotion for video
Yandex and Qwant for search

I’ve heard good about mailfence but idk

Vimeo is pozzed they kicked veritas too.

>saturn symbolism in their banner and logo

Attached: tin3.jpg (503x426, 44K)

bump

Got a Samsung A40, what other os then fucking android can I use?

DDG has been compromised for a few months now.

>get a real cellphone (a "dumb"phone)
I heard even the flip phones run on Android.

Attached: saturn.jpg (1891x852, 353K)

Search is also not great, but I doubt youtube was great at the beginning, either.

>Why not duckduckgo?
I actually don't have too much issue with DDG, and it is a significantly better web search than google when it comes to privacy, but here is a good article so that you can decide for yourself:
spyware.neocities.org/articles/duckduckgo.html

Using Protonmail since the beta. Pretty decent and also supports BGP. You add your public key and also accept pub key from other. Pretty decent even login is twice encrypted.

The joos put that there to distract the schizos.

Worse. Symbian.

Do not use proton mail. It has been compromised by UK security services.

>DDG has been compromised for a few months now.
Gonna need a citation for that one, Google employee.

>what other os then fucking android can I use?
See if Lineage OS will work. Formerly Cyanogen, I think.

bit of a reach

>Do not use proton mail. It has been compromised by UK security services.
[citation needed]
Also, what do you recommend?

Bump

Bitchute is just a torrent website. If you find a video that hasn't had views (seeds) then the can't watch (leech) it. It's flawed.

Also you're all fundamentally cucked. At a lower level than the website is the payment processors. PayPal, Stripe have both kicked off conservatives. MasterCard and Visa have both threatened they'll stop working with certain websites. Eventually SJWs will take over the crypto currency companies and put conservatives' wallet addresses on a black list. You need to build your own payment processors and your own banks too.

>using the internet
kys

>2020s
>still using the (((internet)))
>not joining a right wing death squad or conservative farming community

>Eventually SJWs will take over the crypto currency companies and put conservatives' wallet addresses on a black list.
You fucking coinlet retard, that's not how it works.

BING

newslookup.com for news search and aggregation. No censorship of sites and all sites rank equally.

Yandex.ru

Bitchute is rapidly rising as direct competition to Youtube. they definitely overplayed their hand too fast with this censorship. I don't understand their sense of urgency because it's become way too obvious what they're doing, even to the normies.

Peertube

>Bitchute
Do you really tell people that you use a cheese pizza and anti-Semitism platform?

The thing is every one of these services ca. be comprised given the level of tech wielded by secret services. So they either have been publicly comprised, secretly compromised, or are waiting to be. All of them are vulnerable though.

In my mind it's more about which one is being actively surveilled, and whether or not the service is using pozzed AI to manipulate me.

bamp

I absolutely relish anti-semitism, and the hope is the feds will take care of the other.

Get t tails and use infinity Chan on TOR for all your really naughty ideas.

Attached: Tails-logo-flat-inverted.svg.png (250x100, 11K)

Attached: 1554770497920.jpg (400x400, 16K)

>Lineage OS seems to be the only reasonable alternative at the moment, but is limited to the phones it will work on
What about android without google services?

I've always known Google was biased but their fucking Google search engine and other ventures are really convenient and nice. There's no escape

okay reddit

>android without Google
hahahahah good luck.

Just went to beta.lbry.io interesting and their development is way ahead of bitchute. I dont want to cause a split since so many went to bitchute already but unless they move fast then lbry is the way.

What? Cryptocurrency exchanges already have banned many accounts of people who sent/received money from certain blacklisted addresses. The US govt OFAC agency already added some addresses belonging to Iranians that anyone in the US is breaking the law by sending/receiving money from home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm556

An exchange like Coinbase could easily ban you from using them if you send money to someone they don't like, e.g. Andrew Anglin or Weev.

Thing is with pgp is you need to be communicating with someone who you’ve prearranged to communicate securely with right? Like you meet someone in person and tell them the email code is “raspberry”. How often is that the case? Most email privacy concern is for bulk email that contain receipts and such.

MicroG provides an open source implementation of Google's proprietary GApps package, but it's still a work in progress.

Vivaldi is a comfy, highly customizable alternative to Chrome. Strongly recommend trying it.

Attached: 1561592033951.png (420x420, 4K)

Its true they are trying but they can only play that game for so long before normie consumers push back because they dont like that instability and they’ll move to using whoever is least intrusive

Its true the exchanges are the achilles heel in the coin world.

Yandex. Bing is actually very good but it's Microsoft...

The point is there are no safe alternatives - because at a more fundamental level than the websites themselves are the payment processors and the banks. Mark my words, alternatives like Bitchute will not last in this current climate. People are already working behind the scenes to shut them down. Creating these alternatives is just putting band-aids on.

Us Urban user should setup meshnets to discuss local issues and actions

Attached: WRT54GL.jpg (640x562, 22K)

bump

forum.bitchute.com/

My bet is they put themselves under maintenance until wind blows over because despite being “open” they dont want to be associated and dont want incoming into their forum.

I double this user.
And there should be distributed forums that are extremely hard to censore.

anything besides the Russian equivalent of Google? maybe like Mongolia or Icelands Google?

Yeah I dont like that either. Its already a given we are spied on by US, but why get gangbanged by multiple spy agencies?

Also, I want some group of enthusiasts support Ubuntu Tablet.
A secure operating system without anal probes.

At this point most companies have given up on Android tablets or at most make half assed attempts at them.

I just use everything yandex
Feels good to have a native alternative to everything murkan

A mistake. I should've written Ubuntu Phone.
Anyway, finger-friendly and stylus-friendly interface could suit both tablet and phone.

If you're an american, its a wise decision. But, looking at your flag, I can say you arent.

>cheese pizza
I have never seen anything remotely sexual or involving anything close to that on Bitchute.

>are really convenient and nice
Weak and pathetic.

Its good for 99% of my activities
For the rest of the 1% i use measures which will never be in big popular demand anyway so its irrelevant in the google/non-google case

>I just use everything yandex
>Russian flag
Appealing to authority, bootlicker.

duckduckgo

How about the government just seizes google? Everyone would agree that such a powerful corporation should not be aloud to be private. And youre never going to beat them by playing their game and using other platforms. Nationalization of Google is the ONLY option. Get that through your head.

Isn’t that the thing the girls sit on

I like yandex for search and bitchute for video.

bitchute has upgraded their search function in the last few days it seems

The problem I have with bitchute is the lack of app, face it, as much as ppl here get pissy about mobile, Imm posting right now while taking a shit and I’ll probably pull youtube app up and watch a video.

This gives lbry an edge over bitchute ...

I should say an api standard is more important so at least anyone can make an app... also lbry is open source so anyone can make their own mix. That’s pretty huge.

I tried it but storge is limited :(

Let's face it everything I use is owned by kikes :(.
Android = Google
Email = Google and Microsoft
Operating system = Microsoft
Soon subscription based games Google Stadia will own the market :(

Attached: 1561252968421s.jpg (250x241, 9K)

bump

Will this round of degoogle succeed?

The only thing that has a chance of genuinely hurting Google is taking away their advertising money. The government isn't going to touch it.

>cheese pizza
>bitchute

Attached: 5E0A7DE5-13DD-431E-8B80-0DCAE8111444.png (349x427, 251K)

Chinese Botnet

Tried with my parents asking them to use alternatives like telegram but they don't want to install or use telegram because they're used to Whatsapp just like most of my friends.

Attached: 1560738964621.jpg (591x456, 124K)

I uploaded a few videos days ago and they still don't come up in the search.

>Let's face it everything I use is owned by kikes :(.
>Android = Google
>Email = Google and Microsoft
>Operating system = Microsoft
>There's no way whatsoever that I can change any of this.

Attached: based boomer.jpg (584x433, 60K)

Two negatives i see off the bat.

No playlist / saved videos function

No iOS app (big in the US)

You're thinking of Opera, which is currently owned by a Chinese spyware company. Vivaldi is Norwegian owned, and was founded by Jon von Tetzchner and Tatsuki Tomita, who are Norwegian and Japanese respectively. Nothing Chinese about it.

yes and lefties let it happen.

Brave browser is the best in the world

Terrible suggestions do better research

The kids who sit should be shot dead.

Susan is obeying Sundar. I honestly think shes a Jewish Liberal Libertarian.

Microsoft is showing signs of getting woke, so no to Bing.

I want to build a search engine that is run personally by the user which does not require them to depend on an invasive foreign entity, right now im just in the research phase though because i dont know anything about text indexing or search techniques

bump

Proton mail has minimal features. No calendar either.

A search engine that can beat google:
one that is immune to DMCA
Google is all about getting the results you want (in theory anyway) If you can search for copyrighted content (to pirate) then that'll automatically give it an edge over google, which is forced to censor that unless you really know how to tailor your search terms.
I remember for a while there was a site called filestube or something that let you search for things to download, but it got shut down because it was getting too popular too fast. There was an ebook site where the same thing happened too.

How this can be accomplished exactly I dont know, but I think its possible.

I have a bitchute app on my phone...

Chelsea Clinton is on the board of directors for the parent company of Vimeo, so I wouldn't consider it anywhere close to unbiased.

Google's weakness is that it has to comply with DMCA requests. With a search engine people want to get results, reliably. If I want to pirate a book/movie/show I dont want the first results to be where I can buy what Im looking for.
A while ago there was a search site just for files (filestube I think it was called), got too big/popular too fast and it was pressured to shut down. The potential is there.
If you can make a search site where you can search for pirated shit with impunity and no hoop-jumping then that would give it the edge that's needed to beat google IMO.

Dissenter is best browser FITE ME!

>Search is also not great
Search is shit. Absolute shit.