Canadian civil servant here

And I'm drunk! Ask me anything!

Attached: government-of-canada-logo.png (500x300, 17K)

>inb4 larp

Attached: id.jpg (967x750, 147K)

Is Trudeau really just a bumbling idiot or is he really aware that what he's doing?

Why is the Canadian government really trying to import 3rd world immigrants en mass?

what is it like working in Burger King?

Are you getting underpaid or overpaid with phoenix

Most legit thread on Jow Forums right now.

Why did you faggots sign off on destroying the Chateau Laurier today?

>civil servant
you serve the jews

why the fuck do we flood in so many TFWs and how do we stop this?

Attached: tfw delay.jpg (1086x815, 145K)

Trudeau is an idiot IMO, but I really couldn't answer your second question. To be frank, I don't think this bloated horde of bureaucrats would be able to implement a nefarious scheme to import 3rd world migrants with a hidden agenda
Don't know, never worked there.
Haven't had any Phoenix issues myself, thank goodness. Though lots of colleagues are still waiting on a paycheck or two that got screwed up.
That wasn't me, in fact I was campaigning against it myself. The official line is, it's private property so the government can't do anything. Privately, I don't think Trudeau wants to upset the Chinese investors more than he already has.

Are you a certified GBA+ scientist?

You're a parasite

I like to think I serve the Canadian people, but I'm becoming more cynical as each year passes.
TFWs = cheap foreign labour. They also happen to push numbers when it comes to reaching the current government's diversity quotas in the workplace. That being said, your pic is from 2018. Government isn't moving any faster today than it was then.

LOL. No I am not.
Maybe so, but a necessary one ;-) Love us or hate us, this county would turn to shit without us

Enjoying stampede? You fucking waste of skin. In the dark ages before the coming golden dawn ill find all info on government employees and create a branch of cold blooded warriors to root you and your families out and hang you like the rats that youre. At least thats how it plays out in my fantasy ;)

the pic is to show how ridiculous it is that companies are demanding so much cheap labour that the system crashed

the program is fucking scandalous and all the parties are on board. hundreds of thousands of TFWs while over 1 million Canadians are out of work and wages never go up

Attached: tfw trucker.png (711x857, 111K)

>implement a nefarious scheme to import 3rd world migrants with a hidden agenda
They don't hide it, you dingaling

What's your juiciest piece of info, Canuck friendfu?

How is our healthcare system looking? I've lost faith in the capabilities of our medical sector due to how many doctors I've met who've been working 10+ years yet act brand new and over-bill the govt on unnecessary procedures. Tell me the truth root-of-the-leaf-tree- user

how are the food prices?

How does it feel working for a system that has the purpose of exterminating whites

do the people from Quebec get pissed off because you say 'hellobonjour' instead of 'bunjourhello'?

Do you still hire straight white males?

Well that escalated quickly. FYI I'm not watching the Stampede, but I'm looking forward to the Honda Indy this weekend.
Oh I agree with you. What's also scandalous is that oil is over 60 USD a barrel right now and yet this government is actively blocking the pipeline.
I can honestly tell you that I haven't seen any evidence for your theory. But then again, I'm in HC so what do I know.
IDK, my work isn't really all that interesting. Sorry to disappoint, friendo. I've heard a bunch of stories about RCMP committing crimes themselves back in the 80s to keep themselves in business but that's about it.

indeterminate?
degree?
don;t worry you cant dox yourself if you'rein ottawa, half the people here are bureaucrats

How do I get a job at FINTRAC or CSIS?

Attached: 0Lo7oHn.png (647x562, 116K)

How much do you get paid an hour

Are you a Freemason?

Which branch of the civil service?

be a nephew or cousin of a manager

Bull shit. You people are useless.

Shut up nigger. I want to hear from OP

Big brain drain. We're struggling to hire competent doctors, physicians, etc because 1) lots of people go to the States, and 2) there's more money to be made in the private sector. Also everyone wants to work in the big cities and noone will go up North where they're really needed. Even though we will literally pay your tuition, etc if you go up there for a few years.
What can I say, Canada is collapsing ;-)
Haven't actually done much client service in years, but yep, there's always nutcases like that. Or Anglos who get pissed that "you people always need to force that French on everyone don't you"
Yes. Well, sort of. Being a visible minority, a woman, disabled, etc will give you a huge advantage in job applications, so it's definitely harder to get in as a straight white male. At the same time, bilingualism is considered an even greater asset than "diversity," so if you speak both English and French you have a foothold above the diversity hires. And because the truly bilingual candidates generally also tend to be white, white men can indeed score gov't jobs.

Be not white

>English AND French keyboard
LOL

Defeatist attitude

how do i get NEETbucks

just noticed that

lol

How does it feel being another useless bureaucrat who doesn't do anything useful for society?

Anyone working for over 3 years in gov't is an automatic indeterminate. And I've been around longer than that, so yeah. Yes I have a university degree (only a Bachelors) but that's really all you need unless you're applying somewhere specific
You don't. You apply online and hope they contact you. Chances are, they never will. Or they might, two or three years later.... Unfortunately, isn't wrong. Connections do matter in government applications (in practice, but not in theory, of course)
Not paid per hour, it's salaried. All the info is up there for public access on the Treasury Board Secretariat
Health Canada / Santé Canada. It's on my ID badge

Well, speaking as someone in bio, I agree that Canada has to step it's entrepreneurialism game up. Living in AB has opened my eyes to see what happens in a province that wants to make a name for itself compared to my old shit hole province of ON.

It's an utter eyesore, 90% of the time. Sorry, Frenchies.

It's kinda true. Every govt job posting has a "diversity statement" section appended to it.

Wait, really? I've been working as a CR-03 for just over three years now and they still won't let me on full time.

I don't lose any sleep over it. Good salary, job stability, opportunities for advancement, great benefits and pension... I'm not going to get up on some high horse and claim I don't enjoy it.
Maritimes are not very well off either in that regard, as far as I can see.

how is AB better than ON?

The government has been creating these useless jobs to artificially lower unemployement levels. Instead of reducing taxes and giving the middle tax a break, the government instead takes more money to create these useless office jobs and claim their economic plan to reduce unemployement was a succes. You're part of the problem here.

Three years (not including time off, like if you went on vacation for half a year) in the same department? If so, you really ought to talk to your manager/HR. Technically it's called a "rollover", but it isn't automatic because a formal letter needs to be issued. I forget what the exact process is exactly, but TBS Term Employment Policy section 6 or 7 (I think) pretty clearly lays this out. Congrats on making it 3 years, user!

Who are you voting for this fall ? PPC or CPC ?

how easy to get a job

LPC

Yes they're definitely "sci-fi"ing the numbers. They'll tell you that unemployment is down, but a comparison of part-time employment levels vs full-time employment levels tells a different story. I would't call my job "useless" however.

I want to vote CPC, but I don't want Scheer slashing my budget or employees' jobs. So I might hold my nose and vote with my wallet.
Go online to jobs.gov.ca and apply for stuff. You can apply for specific jobs or get yourself into staffing pools, so if someone is hiring they can just pull your name from that pool and contact you. Aside from experience and skills, it really is a numbers game. Apply to as many postings as you can. And because it's government, don't be surprised if they take over half a year to contact you, and another half year until you're actually sitting at your new desk.

Less regulations, competitive pay, general enthusiasm
AB was fucked up by Notley but I can't believe the one to drag it out of that clusterfuck would be a closeted "Conservative". Ontario by comparison is bogged down by Toronto's vibrant diversity with its attendant policies

>but I don't want Scheer slashing my budget or employees' jobs.
LMAO. I knew you were going to say that!
>So I might hold my nose and vote with my wallet.
WTF! Get a real fucking job, you parasite!

Why haven't you bastards hung your leadership for regressing to the 13 hundreds when Priests arrested people for heresy?

Look at any city. City of Toronto jobs are designed to siphon tax money. I used to work at recreation centers and jobs in there could be consolidated or opened up to be competitive by removing (((CUPE)))

>LPC
Him, yeah.
You. NDP.

>And because it's government, don't be surprised if they take over half a year to contact you, and another half year until you're actually sitting at your new desk.
You are very much exaggerating it. It doesn't take that long.

Why did I just fly AirCanada and I had a whole channel dedicated to LGBTQP Drag queens and faggotry? And the CBC was constant globohomo propoganda and anti-american shit.

Also, about job applications... I'm going to get shit on for this but I don't care because you're all anonymous keyboard warriors and I'm drunk: As much as you all are going to hate me saying this, Reddit actually has a decent forum for federal gov't employees. Search "public servants canada reddit" and it should pop up. Basically AMAs with civil servants on a daily basis.

I'm a recent harvard law grad. When I can't handle the stress of biglaw where should I work in gov? Where will hire me? Am I fucked that I don't speak french?

Where should I avoid? I'm thinking I'll flame out to the recruitment of policy leaders program eventually.

pls advice

Will working in the Canadian Armed Forces reserves boost my chances for employment at FINTRAC especially if I do a finance trade?

It did for lots of people I know. 6-9 months average but it can easily be longer. From application to first contact to screening interviews to SLE assessments to letter of offer to start date. But it can occasionally be surprisingly fast, I'll concede that.
I'm not sure I can answer why you chose to fly Air Canada, but as one of the many "Best Diversity Employers" I'm sure there's a quota to be met, or perhaps just some gay dude in upper management who happened to call the shot.

You are an absolute cockscucker, and the cancer killing this country. You don't want him to slash the budget because you realize your budget is a fucking JOKE - and that you and every other Canadian governmental department are bloated bureaucracies fucking over Joe Taxpayer.

Just about every department you can think of needs lawyers. Don't limit yourself to Attorney General's Office or Department of Justice. Find a field that interests you (infrastructure, health, defense, Bank of Canada, CRA) and apply. Not speaking French will likely not be a big problem, as not all jobs are "Bilingual Imperative" and if you really did go to Harvard Law, that could make you stand out. The fiscal year begins in April, and hiring definitely peaks then, but everyone is hiring year-round. It's just a slow process, so be patient. And apply to as many postings as you can.
Being an Armed Forces veteran is a huge bonus for job applications. I would imaging having "only" served in the reserves (not to diminish your service, I just can't phrase this better right now, sorry) wouldn't change that. Definitely highlight that in your application. I don't have any insider info on FINTRAC unfortunately so I can't speak to their particular hiring process.

We literally imported a fast food worker caste in my province. You'd almost think we're breeding fillipinos in vats and distributing them to Tim Horton's around the country.

Attached: dudeweedmao2.jpg (429x520, 52K)

Have sex.
But you know what, I'll actually respond to your post. I'm not ashamed to vote with my own interest at heart. And neither should anyone. Even though I think Scheer would be a better leader than Trudeau, I am not sure he won't make any reckless changes like Premier Ford did (see: handling of autism file). Working in HC, I understand that there may well be "efficiencies" to be found, I think I'd rather live with a few inefficiencies than have to make do with underpaid, overworked staff. Especially when it comes to issues such as healthcare.

What is the price of milk where you live?

Attached: 20190709_183411.jpg (4032x1960, 1.86M)

Unfortunately, I'm not licensed to practice in Canada. I'll be practicing in the states for a few years first. When I make the move back home I'll likely not be working in law. There's a complicated process for transferring foreign law degrees into the law society.

Also, there are lots of people out there at the typical ultra-liberal "elite" institutions that don't follow the orthodoxy. Not typical pol-troglodytes obv.

Thanks for answering q's btw.

1. What do you think of the growing salary/benefits disparity between private and government sector employment & do you believe this will eventually lead to all Canadian citizens working for the government sector in one way or another for people to make ends meet?

2. How do you think our social services would be able to survive the aging population and realization that immigration alone will not prop up the working class numbers.

3. What is the best and worst part about working for the government?

Attached: 1561823584032.gif (500x639, 404K)

Leeches will always extol why they are necessary. Do not fault the leech but fault the beast that allows to be sucked dry

God if milk was that cheap I'd drink 3 litres a day.

Because it was the cheapest airline for my damned flight. Why else would I pick them? Those fuckers also are partnered with Quatar air which has the damned Koran and islamic propoganda on their TV's. What the fuck this is clownworld to the extreme

exterminate whites so us chinese can take over already

Ah, I missed the part about how you don't have a license to practise here. However, if you ever do want to move back and work in gov't without a license, there are some (not many) specific jobs where simply having a legal background is enough. Like many employers, though we are sticklers for candidates having a "university education", we tend to value professional experience over academic achievements. Having practised law in the States for a few years will give you that. Along with your degree. See how things go and keep an open mind about anything that might come your way down the road.
I don't even bother looking anymore, I can't afford it so why bother.

In. Store. Prices.

What do you think Bernier's chances are in Quebec?

How do I get a Canadian gf?

You just tell everyone your girlfriend is from Canada. As is the American tradition.

Attached: 1561180086595.jpg (640x796, 83K)

How did you get your job?

Good questions. I'll do my best to share my $0.02
1) Honestly I think this depends on the field. You can easily make more money working as an "administrative assistant" or "programme officer" in gov't than you could in the private sector. Any Arts degree will do for these kinds of jobs, whereas you'd only be working at Starbucks in the "real world" with such an education. However, other fields like engineering are much more lucrative in the private sector.
2. That's a tough question. Especially because such a significant portion of active voters tend to be senior citizens, every party's campaign does their damnest to secure their ballot. Every party panders to the seniors, and I don't know how sustainable that is. Immigration is a band-aid, because while immigrants can indeed fill up unskilled labour jobs, they often lack the education/qualifications to replace certain other segments of the aging workforce.
3. Best part: easily the job security and benefits. 80% health and dental coverage, etc. Worst part: everything is just so damn slow. You might send an email to another department and get a response two weeks later.
You seem to be doing just fine without my help.

Oh, also, what do you think the feasibility is of Canada being able to use the Kinder Morgan pipeline as a crown corporation now that Trudeau's retarded government was forced to buy it off them. If I were to promote activism towards such a strategy, what would make it more effective?

>How do you think our social services would be able to survive the aging population and realization that immigration alone will not prop up the working class numbers.
Not him but it cant lol

this is all a ponzi scheme only built to last until the current parasites on top can retire and flee the country. or until the country is flooded with sub-90 iq somalians and pakistanis to the point that any pretense of democracy is unnecessary and they can nakedly rule as corrupt oligarchs like in south america

or until the chinese fully buy us out and make us into a vassal state/colony

American women are slovenly obese or thots. Gib Québécois qt.

I don't follow the QC politics very closely, so I'm not sure. I think he'll surprise the liberal observers in the media with his performance, but I doubt he'll have any significant impact on the election this year.
The same way you'd get any girl. Except you do it in Canada, obviously.
Online job application, started off as a term, got bridged to indeterminate not too long after that, and kept moving around though internal job postings. Promotions don't happen very often, the way to go is to promote yourself by applying to a position one lever higher and either a) getting that job, or b) using that application to leverage your manager into giving you a promotion to stay.
I also speak French fluently, which of course helped immensely.

I used to be one of you before I got a real job in the private sector. How does it feel sleeping at night knowing your job is useless and could disappear tomorrow and no one would notice? Also, how does it feel observing how inefficient it is when you actually do something that it takes about on average 25 other bureaucrats to review what you did? Do you think either of these are a good use of taxpayers' money?

What's HC's position on the prescription of opiates like oxy? Any serious discussions about banning the stuff, or curtailing its issuance? More doctors seem to be handing it out, and it's destroying white communities. The horrors of this catastrophe can't be understated.

Do you have any experience working on the provincial/municipal level? If so, what were those jobs like compared to your current federal gig?

Is welding a good trade to get into?

I had a friend who went into welding after high school. I can't imagine it's not in high demand like most trades. Metal needs to be fused together, and you're the guy to do it.

Interesting proposal. I think I like it, as Kinder Morgan would effectively remain in government hands while acting as an independent entity for all intents and purposes (i.e. no taxpayer money coming in, but revenues not going back to gov't either.) I also like your idea because the government would have less of a say in the development/management of the pipeline—no "environmental regulations" and such to slow it down. It might work, but I'm no expert in this field and have practically zero experience interacting with crown corps.

Does it pay good money? Then who cares.

Because we live under a capitalist regime where capitalists and the government which enables this regime seek to undermine the labour market in any way it can so that the capitalists can keep accumulating more profit.

What kind of experience is needed for an entry level position in gov? I finished university about a year ago (bachelors in CJPP) and have been NEETing it ever since because I kinda fucked myself by not getting a job in high school or college. On of top that I'm a straight white male. Am I just shit out of luck? Will a cushy government job and its sweet benefits and pension forever elude me?

How long did it take from the moment you submitted your job application to your first day at work?

Do we let in immigrants with communicable diseases?

>What do you think of the growing salary/benefits disparity between private and government sector employment

No such thing.

How many people in HC are actually working on licensing the Micro Cultivators? More than 10? I've applied and nobody even answers an email anymore

Because it doesnt pay good money, IF you have a real job and are good at it.
The Canadian public service essentially exists for your run of the mill, low energy and IQ, but basic floor intelligence morons that can show up to work on time, and speak somewhat English and French. That's it. You dont NEED to be competent at your task, you dont need to go any extra mile. Its essentially for NEETs, with slightly better career planning.
When I left I doubled my salary, we actually get perks like Xmas parties and vacation stays at the company resorts, and I have more vacation time. But I actually work and know what I'm doing. Which gives you an idea about these guys.