Was the Civil War really just about slavery?

Was the Civil War really just about slavery?

I've been having a hard time pondering how hundreds of thousands of people would go to war for something very few of them benefited or were even affected by?

Attached: confederate_flag.jpg (257x150, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Jack-Hinsons-One-Man-Civil-Sniper/dp/1589806409/ref=asc_df_1589806409/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584138858682699&psc=1
battlefields.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_signers_of_the_Georgia_Ordinance_of_Secession
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_Golden_Circle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Circle_(proposed_country)
essentialcivilwarcurriculum.com/financing-the-civil-war.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

name one thing in America that isn't about niggers

Thousans of people went across the world to a god forsaken jungle under the spell that they were "fighting for America" so why couldn't some retard with related parents decide to man a cannon so Rich Mr. Jenkins could keep his negroes?

It was about the federal government trying to take away the state's freedom to keep slavery

yea

Attached: the-civil-war-was-about-states-rights-0-a-states-36491253.png (500x515, 131K)

It was about slavery just as much as the one coming within a decade will be about abortion.

The British were behind financing the south

>I've been having a hard time pondering how hundreds of thousands of people would go to war for something very few of them benefited or were even affected by
because the north was industrializing and the south still by and large relied on human labor.

Outlawing slavery would fuck their economy pretty badly, so they attempted seceding. the north saw it as treason.
it's not hard to figure out.

It was about the powers that be federalizing America.

>attempted seceding
lol

based

spbp

No it was about not giving up that nigger cock

You NEED to read this book "One Man War." amazon.com/Jack-Hinsons-One-Man-Civil-Sniper/dp/1589806409/ref=asc_df_1589806409/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584138858682699&psc=1

Dude living in kentucy tennesse border had no interest in the war but the northern soldiers found his two teenage kids hunting in the woods and thought they were a threat so the north killed his kids, then the dad went on a rampage killing over 100 union soldiers.

One of the best quotes in the book was a northern solider asking a southern kid, "why are you at war with your country?" And the kid goes... "because you are here."

You need to understand there were southerners living in the north in places like Chicago and came back not because of any elite slave policy they cared about but because the north were killing their families, friends, burning town their towns etc.

OP got destroyed. SPBP

The Corwin Amendment, which would permanently protect the institution of slavery, was proposed and supported by Lincoln. If the Civil War was all about protecting slavery why secede in the first place and not just ratify the would-be 13th amendment?

OP sucks dick, you are the real basedposter

bump

>Lincoln was elected without a single vote from the southern states
>they had no political power so they seceded
compare this with cities vs rural, really boggles the noggin

no, it was about states rights

I agree with this notion. Arkansas actually voted to not secede the first convention. It was only after Lincoln began invading the south that they flipped and all but one (the governor) voted to secede.

Grow up.

The war of northern aggression

It was about the unions full control of America, pretty simple really.

Attached: 5B44CAE3-B398-49B3-9516-81BC89E14A93.jpg (640x360, 72K)

The Civil War was about the economic effect of the loss of slaves. As you see the states that seceded where mainly in the warmer part of the U.S. A place where cotton CAN grow, unlike the northern part. People were fighting for their prosperity in the south. People in the North were fighting for (Not the slaves) control. Thus, the Union and the Confederacy was created.

>states rights to do what?
based

get back to tranny discord new samefag

idk man he kinda destroyed you tbqh

Large cultural differences paired with the economics of slavery created a vast amount of problems.

Shills these days can't even afford a proxy it seems.

It was about a federal income tax implementation. Andrew Jackson disbanded the federal bank. So the (((international banks))) began fomenting slavery as an issue to divide America. To such an extent that a civil war ensued. Slavery wasn't a huge issue in the South (read Al Gore Sr.'s book, 'Let the Glory Out' ... it is actually a great read on this subject). The South got off to a good start because the (((London Exchange))) sold their cotton bonds aka ... King Cotton. The North responded by implementing an income tax that was collected by, you guessed it, the (((international banks))). And which point the (((London Exchange))) stopped selling cotton bonds and the North had a logistic and financial advantage. This shit was all about the dirty Jewish tax collectors (the same ones Jesus ranted about) getting an opportunity to collect taxes and skim of the top. That is what those dirty fuckers do. Google this shit if you want, but all of the years and numbers add up.

"War of northern aggression" the post

In many of the seceding statements from states that traitorously went to war with the United States of America, specifically stated in their declaration that it was about slavery.

Your lost cause narrative will never balm your equal neither will your attempt to put the war on the north as if the south were innocent victims.

The only thing we failed in was not cleansing the entire south of traitors.

Unas Salus Victus

Attached: 1561092115363.gif (500x375, 664K)

worst post ever desu

lots of things. the federal goverment was overstepping it's bounds on several subjects

>Outlawing slavery would fuck their economy pretty badly
In 1860 Mississippi was the richest state in the union. Now its the poorest.

I agree, OP is acting pretty cringe desu

>Let the Glory Out
thanks for the suggestion, will read

The north still had slaves until the end of the war. The north was losing, then Lincoln freed the slaves and inacted a draft that you could buy your way out of.

Freeing of slaves was a result of the war, not a cause.

>It was about the federal government trying to take away the state's freedom to keep slavery

Yessuh, that is exactly right. Slavery was the smaller issue contained within the larger issue of leave us the fuck alone.

How did the North think they were gonna make textiles in all their fancy factories without cotton from the South? Asking for a friend.

Read the Declarations of Successions you idiot
battlefields.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states
THEY LITERALLU SAY ITS ALL ABOUT SLAVERY

Your gay

SPBP
back to redddit

Nope, this isn't Jewish propaganda at all

www.reddit.com/r/facepalm

Your gay

It was about money!!!
You greedy racist corrupt white lying piece of shit!!!!!

What is your opinion of 1/3 of the people voting against secession then?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_signers_of_the_Georgia_Ordinance_of_Secession

I'm fat

His gay what? Finish your sentence.

What? Are you retarted? That means that 2/3 (big majority) voted FOR SUCCESSION.

"[I]ts foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery—subordination to the superior race—is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth"

OOPS I REDPILLED YOU

CONFEDERACY WAS RACIST

>I've been having a hard time pondering how hundreds of thousands of people would go to war for something very few of them benefited or were even affected by?

Jesus the bait has really gone downhill lately

Cringe

Of course it wasn't.
But it's what people like to pretend it was about to try and make the south seem "" morally evil"".
The south wanted independence, which happened to include slavery, but slavery played a small part.
The bigger issue was the south was new money rich (made money), and the north was old money (had money).

Based?

what bait you schizo retard

As opposed to Arkansas voting 69 - 1 for secession? Doesn't that reflect that at least 1/3 of the state were not for slavery by your pseudo logic?

Oh my sweet summer child

The War of Northern Superiority was about Dixie wanting to keep their mandatory incest laws, and the Union having none of it.

It was all about this.

Attached: Income Tax.png.png (779x416, 43K)

because it was about your right to representation. remember in school they taught us a dichotomy of Slave States versus Free States? That lie is education malpractice, a de facto felony. Imagine if George Bush had passed a law saying all new states had to be Republican states, they could only vote for him forever. Thats exsctlg whst happened. The republicsn north made it so that all new ststes had to be republican party. get it now?

of course the whole country went to war. then centuries later they lie yo you about slavery even though only 1.6% of free whites owned slaves at the peak of slavery. the ides of white american slavery is by technicality an unscientific left wing conspiracy. i will also remind you that there was no civil war, the united states successfully & legally seceded from Lincoln's Corporate State. months later Lincoln attacked the United States and started an international war against the united states, which lost the war. Lincoln defeated the united states, meanjng the current government is just a corporation and your identity is merely the basis for factualized trust accounts that the corporation leverages over you. you are currency.

I'm literally OP, there is no bait here you schizo child. God you people who look deeper into bullshit and think people are trying to trick you into exerting critical thought are stupid

Retard. Ur thread is shit. I showed this to my bros and we laughin at u!

>2/3 isn't that much, r-right?
cum

How did the south think they were going to fight effectively after centuries of inbreeding?

I see merits there but defending a new state's right to allow slavery is a dumb hill to die on

get a load of this guy

Your a bitch

The south wanted slavery, agency and the ability to continue their way of life.
The north wanted reunification and was willing to kill for it.

Wow you totally convinced me otherwise by splerging around. Thank you based smart man.

No. It wasn't. I was about money. It was about (((European Banks))) and their ability to control the financial markets in the U.S. They knew they could control the South, because the South needed a market for their raw goods, but they couldn't control the North. They needed a way to make the North give up its control of tax collection and eventually, in 1913, an autonomous banking system. This had nothing to do about rights. Jews don't care about anyone or their rights.

>I've been having a hard time pondering how hundreds of thousands of people would go to war for something very few of them benefited or were even affected by?
Ya. No bait here. Lol

The civil war was a war of conquest between an industrial yeoman republic and a neo-feudal christian republic

The real "powers" behind the confederacy:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_Golden_Circle

proposed to make this NEW nation:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Circle_(proposed_country)

imagine that being the Confederacy
>pic related

Attached: Golden_Circle_(Proposed_Country).png (320x240, 5K)

I hate you

Your thread stinks

OP sucks

the south woulda been a better place

Attached: per hnnh 8.jpg (768x960, 216K)

It was about slavery. Too bad nobody mentions the Jewish slave owners.

this is literally a thought I had in my brain, written out on a political forum to hear the thoughts of others and find a less contradicting perspective. get help you autist

Fuck you.

slavery was on the way out anyways. the north had a superior model for labor: renting human beings rather than owning them. don't have to pay for food, medical, etc.

the real reason was hegemony. if the north had not kept the union together, WWI could have taken place in the US rather than in Europe. the founders understood from the beginning that a union was superior to a loose confederation.

the idea that it was about slavery is absolutely absurd. lincoln probably didn't even view blacks as human. robert e lee freed all of his slaves before the war began. ulysses s grant didn't free his until lincoln forced it. so how the can the war be over slavery when the general of the south freed his slaves before the war, and the general of the union didn't until he was forced to? it's about hegemony, and making sure that this country remains a union.

this is the real redpill: the war was not about slavery, but it was still imperative that the north win. "the war was about slavery" is a post hoc justification.

"This war is not about slavery" - Robert E Lee, General of the Confederate army.

it was about states rights! they used slavery as a post war justification, the reality was that Lincoln didnt care about the slaves. the facts are that the north was taking all the resources from the south and not giving them any say...

now all yankees can fuck off

Guys, I think OP and his thread suck.

Shut up

Go into any Southern Town. You will find two things: a Synagogue and a Masonic Temple. That is your answer. Even in downtown Atlanta, one of the oldest buildings is the Synagogue. That is your answer. The Jews and the Masons (who think they are hot shit but are really just a bunch of bitches that the Jews use to defile their own race).

>full of mestizos and nogs
Truly paradise on earth.

(((Knights of the Golden Circle)))

I'm stupid

>?
a states right to elect representatives as it sees fit. When the republican north tried to pass federal laws forcing all new states to be a part of the Republican party, every democrat state legally seceded from the union. without the right to representation your vote means nothing. once the united states had broken off from the corporate state as a sovereign nation it was attacked by Lincoln. thats not a civil war its an international war.

centuries later liars like you talk about slavery. weak deflection to a schizo left wing conspiracy theory. the 98.4% are innocent.

OP here. I tried to make it a good thread, then the second post destroyed me!

Basically yes. Slavery was mentioned as the primary reason in pretty much every letter of secession. It did represent a massive shift in power from state's rights to federal rights though, so it is was also over state's rights. Basically, the jews who owned slaves and the (((elite))) plantation owners decided the government was fucking them out of their comfy lifestyles, so the rich fucks (who owned the media and politicians, sound familiar?) decided to say "fuck you I want my slaves and you are destroying my property" which if you read the secession letters, they make up huge bullshit numbers in a few states talking about how much of their property is being taken, etc. Basically a financial 6gorillion.

TL;DR: The civil war was just American protojews doing what jews are still doing to this fucking day.

Attached: 1535254065062.jpg (800x600, 85K)

Amen I say to you. The 2% of people who owned slaves in the South meshes up pretty well with the Jewish population (also 2%) ... imagine how that works out.

i hate that this is right

As someone whose ancestors in the poor, white, non-slave part of a southern state were drafted to protect the fortunes of the aristocratic fatcat plantation owners on the other end of the state, I ask that question often.

Then why don't you just give UP! The civil war was about slavery, everybody knows it!

OP here again, I will admit that my post was B8 all along, I throw myself before the mercy of the basedposters

No it isn't bitch. Look at who tried to kill Andrew Jackson. This is about finances on a world level. It had nothing to do with slavery. Slavery was the convenient issue used to divide the South and North after the Jew bankers realized that Jackson would kill their federal bank.

Imagine being this clingy. I can't wait for the South to break away from the civnat hell you have let kikes impose on us for the last 50 years.

No it isn't you cunt. Read and educate yourself. It is all about the money and the third party (not involved in the conflict) that benefits. The Jewish bankers you asshole.

essentialcivilwarcurriculum.com/financing-the-civil-war.html

>im not pretending to be retarded I actually am
Not sure how thats better but ok

Retard. Read the cornerstone speech. BTW your thread sucks...

The Civil War WAS about slavery, because niggers should be enslaved.
The south understood the buyers remorse which was the African slave trade and couldnt imagine a world where niggers could roam freely to rape and steal. They were based as fuck well into the 1960s and any attempts to delegitimize this fact is kike propaganda.
Why the fuck would modern goblinos be proud of massa Lincoln sending thousands of young white men to their death against their will to free niggers and enable ZOG to import millions of shitskins and build a welfare state

Attached: image.jpg (921x1024, 126K)