License plate scanners

My city adding a lot of antennas to the traffic signals. My camera isn't good enough to get the make and model.

Attached: DSC00027.jpg (3072x2304, 2.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vigilantsolutions.com/products/fixed-lpr/
eliko(.)ee/smartstreet/
youtu.be/nf5p3vWj6gE
sandiegouniontribune.com/news/politics/sdut-welfare-capital-of-the-us-2012jul28-htmlstory.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

where the hell is this and why don't you remove your front license plate?

So you gonna do this thread everyday?

>why don't you remove your front license plate?
That is not legal in California. This is looking at passing traffic anyway.

I got a better picture today.

Shoot the cameras with a .22 rifle
>in4b "HURR DURR GUNS COMMIFORNIA"

The only thing I could see it that this is made by TP-Link.

Attached: DSC00035.jpg (3072x2304, 2.62M)

>TP-Link

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13_20-30-46.png (298x324, 21K)

What a messy install. A sign of Mexican labor.

That last sentence. Its for our safety.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13_20-34-51.png (781x568, 94K)

fuck colorado

Attached: DSC00034.jpg (3072x2304, 2.72M)

>Shoot the cameras with a .22 rifle
Just shooting them with a camera might be enough to get a visit from the local cops.

The flat one just measures traffic density. Doesn't actually read anything off your car.
>I install these on highways

Can you tell me the manufacturer?

They are every where in Florida.

Well this is new and my city is full of Chinese.

Attached: bigbro.webm (720x1278, 2.2M)

We use Wavetronix, those are different brand but most probably do the same thing. It's all used so civil engineers know when and where to expand roads and manage traffic lights.

Can one use a high intensity laser beam to burn out the optics.

>Wavetronix
Thanks, they do appear to be used similarly.

Attached: serveimage.png (600x300, 66K)

can't believe people don't blast those with buckshot fuck these cunts.

so every pig on the side of the road is seeing my full ID and image when I drive by them every day?

It's actually pretty cool tech, measures car length speed, direction, number of lanes. It's funny, the program shows vehicles as rectangle blocks.

If not now than someday soon.

Attached: think.jpg (1513x1626, 511K)

OP, try pic related, but on your car. You can buy extremely high output IR led lights. If you mount them next to your regular lights, it's highly unlikely anyone would ever notice, and if they check footage, your plate will be washed out and likely unreadable.

Attached: s-l400 (1).jpg (400x296, 25K)

in daylight?

Cool idea. I'd like to keep them from tracking anyone though. Need to learn more about the equipment before I talk to my neighbors about whats going on.

Ofc not. Only in night time.

Most plate scanners are provided to police departments free of charge by banks/debt/repo agencies in exchange for having access to the police database that scans and store plates and locations.

dont drive like a nigger then

The cameras they use don't have infrared filters. It's a cheap way to allow them to have night vision which is also how most security cameras work. So even in daylight, it sees MORE light where your naked eye sees none. It's there, just not in a visible spectrum for you. So yes, it should still wash it out considerably, especially given the reflective nature of license plates. Just pop a bunch in around your normal plate lights.

You must be Chinese too.

Found the camera
vigilantsolutions.com/products/fixed-lpr/

Great work!

This logo is just creepy. Imagine the kind of ex cops they hire to sell this crap.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13_21-48-56.png (415x172, 49K)

Most likely it's reps from the company selling to cities. It's all about the money.

This makes sense the way the antennas I've seen so far and the way they are deployed. I was stumped because they didn't point at other intersection. Looks like different lobes of the radar can count how busy things are before changing the light.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

IR LEDs in plate frame solves problems.

I wonder if there is a coating that is opaque to IR but not visible light.

The USA will be China within the next decade. It already is with people telling on each other.

Once they convince you to give up your rights bc the other side might be dangerous it's over.

Probably something out there, but I could not answer that off the top of my head.

The problem is, thoughs cameras capture both visible and ir at the same time. While I don't like it, it's not as bad as facial recognition, which company also sells.

there's also new photo scanners that can see people texting or touching their phone in cars from LONG distances. Fines for that range from $300 - $900 least to most I've seen. Sometimes ppl can loose their license for a time also.

They can start to analyze patterns. The police question you for example and it would be very easy to check you alibi.

I see nothing about how long they store this data.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13_22-02-54.png (1108x285, 157K)

Remote drone and spraypaint

I was thinking that.

Attached: serveimage.png (1200x675, 262K)

Fun fact I sell LPRs,among a bunch of other things(MDTs, shotspotter, craslepoints, big data tools) to LE. I’m not an ex cop, although I do have one on my account team for those discussions

The LPRs don’t do analytics on them, but there are additional software tools that do. Also vigilant is for broke police delpts, the high end lprs are made by hitachi. Look up hitachi vantara

How are they linked to the internet? Do they store data or is it steamed?

how about a 12 gauge shotgun

Both. Err well it depends. If they are doing inline analytics like in real time it’s strrsmed to a VMS, but it’s usually stored on premise. Police depts have a tough time with cloud because of CJIS

But I guess to answer your question it’s still usually stored after it’s streamed. Up until it’s too costly to do so. But video isn’t that expensive to store, chuck it onto a SAN, like a dell isolon or netapp e series, or throw it into a Hadoop/spark cluster if you want to get hardcore with analytics, that’s what the feds do

>Police depts have a tough time with cloud because of CJIS
How much of this info gets funneled to the FBI?

Umm depends. Depends on the police department. Honestly tho most law enforcement agencies I’ve worked with are super weary about sharing data with other agencies which is weird, but probably good for you if you are worried abort that stuff

So what brings you to /pol?

It could be some "smart street" thing. In Estonia we have stuff like this:
eliko(.)ee/smartstreet/

They are on posts with alot of gear

But cjis is a compliance regulatory framework, basically it’s a kind of data classification and cjis data has very strict rules about how you can store/access it. Like needs to be encrypted in motion and at rest, needs to be accessed with multi factor authentication, cannot be stored in a public cloud, and private cloud must be hosted in the us and be fedramp certified. There’s a bunch of others but that’s what I know off the top of my head

Idk been browsing pol for years, since I was in highschool. I never post though but saw this thread and was like oh cool I know what those are

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13_22-29-54.png (1060x600, 156K)

>sir, you were caught driving while being white

Facial recognition really as a technology isn’t there yet. It’s like a good five years away. But honestly most cop cars have LPRs in them already, it’s just more recent that cities have started putting them at traffic lights. They also usually double as traffic counters, which if you’re doing smart traffic iot style stuff(look up Cisco kenetic) makes a lot of sense. I’m a big proponent of them.

>I live in gayifornia and I’m too dumb to move
You deserve to suffer. Stupid should be painful.

Attached: BDF45E58-688A-42FF-813B-BBC23C1B3FC0.jpg (400x400, 119K)

Where do you live? I'll move there.

Look at this bullshit.
youtu.be/nf5p3vWj6gE

States rights is the only way we save this union. I think you meant that but fuck it either way. The midwest does not want to be governed by lefties and vice versa.

>where do you live?
Not in gayifornia and we don’t want you here. You are cancer and should be wiped from the earth.
Upon meeting anyone from gayifornia, they must tell you they are from there in the first 5 minutes. They insist their superiority, after leaving the shithole that is gayifornia.
You are a cancer and nobody wants you. Die in the shithole you made for your self.

Attached: F4BF5C01-4A7E-4BB9-8A0E-3E0D606D24D7.png (500x596, 104K)

Does your state have a ban on license plate readers?

If you guys want to get really spooked, let me tell you where the tech is going. Facial recognition but also video gun detection(detects gait changes and can predict if you have a concealed weapon. There is a major city in the US that is currently deploying it but I won’t say which one). Once that’s done, screw LORS, you should be worried about camera mounted drones, and p3s. Public private partnerships. Like say 711 gets tired of being robbed or say the city goes to them and says you know we will give you a tax break if you allow your surveillance videos to ingest into our network. That’s where this is going, as someone who makes a living talking to cities about doing this

Technology was a mistake.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (410x279, 48K)

I dunno why in 2019 all cars aren't equipped with RFID and are required to be retrofitted with RFID! Cops would have easier time to read VID numbers from distance and so could every intersection. No need for stupid license plates. If we can chip our pets, why can't we chip our cars at factories as they are manufactured?

also combine that with social media data analytics
Look up a company called dataminr, and the future of policing will make crime very difficult to get away with

Whats the point?

You can block rfid, whereas if you try and block license plat a cop can see that visually

Doesn’t matter shit eater.
Just leave. Use a search engine and see how many people leave your shit hole. You’re the welfare state because the rich ride your backs like surfboards.
sandiegouniontribune.com/news/politics/sdut-welfare-capital-of-the-us-2012jul28-htmlstory.html
You are twelve percent of the population, yet thirty percent of welfare.

Why leave if there is the same problem everywhere else?

I can easily take your license plate and put it on my car, you won't know until you run it. It's easier to spot a jammer than a fake plate

>My city adding a lot of antennas to the traffic signals
>My city
Don't live in cities. Problem solved

The signal cabinet seems like the weakest point.

Attached: box.jpg (1600x1209, 1.71M)

Yeah I'm on a whole other continent and literally deal with the same technology bs

And when they do it on the highway out int he BFE what if your solution then?
>don't drive problem solved
>don't have anything to hide, problem solved.

this

Attached: pl.jpg (275x183, 6K)

>twelve percent of people live in my state
>thirty percent of welfare is in my state
>I can’t understand maths, so please tell me..,
Niggerfaggot, go do a barrel roll. You are dumb. I can’t explain anything to you because you lack the know to understand.

Attached: D4577914-427E-4739-8D9D-51735A82EBBB.jpg (675x612, 42K)

Attached: serveimage.jpg (850x400, 53K)

baited

Guess so, idk I like talking about my job.

we've done you

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

They don't see IR, it's legal because it's not obscuring the plate to normal sight and enough people don't do it that legislation would have to tip their hand making it illegal.

Liberty is a hard sell in this world.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (259x195, 10K)

Just remove your front licence plate. Most states only require a rear plate on non commercial vehicles.

>Just remove your front licence plate
This one looks at passing traffic.

You should have moved away from the city A LONG TIME AGO.

Newfaggots.

>You should have moved away from the city
>no fap
>no pillow
>no city
Check.

>You should have moved away from the city
>no fap
>no pillow
>no city
>Check.

W-what did he meme by this?

why wont you say what city? Just fucking tell us and quit grandstanding? We know they are trying to make it like china's social credit facial recognition system

>they are trying to make it like china's social credit facial recognition system
He doesn't care, he gets off on knowing the cops. It's like that guy that listen to this police scanner and then one day he tries to talk to them and gets a massive boner.

People have been arrested and fined for that in Australia.

What's the matter don't they have any real crime?

start riding street bikes & take the license plate off the back and put it just above your chain ,, no cops even ones driving around will ever run your plates ... i've been riding with no license , no registration , no insurgence for 15 years now ... fuck the government , fuck the state , and fuck kikes

>licence to ride a bike
>in the US
What

People like driving fast. Govvy likes speeding cameras. Purely as a revenue system, they don't work as deterrent.

People realised they could profit off of lights which kind the cameras. It impacts their revenue to it only took them about a month to start fining people multiple times the cost of a speeding ticket for simply having the lights equipped.

jesus christ

bikes = bicycles
street bikes = motorcycles

cheaper than hardwiring for every upgrade