Why haven't mutts joined the civilised world and adopted the metric system?

It's long past time to stop being a retard-units cuck.

Attached: xpwt4vj1p8a31.jpg (2255x2255, 629K)

Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/TECH/space/9909/30/mars.metric.02/
youtube.com/watch?v=tZ3H20IhFPI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thumb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One system won the space race, one system complains about the other on the internet.
Which would you use?

It's works for them so who cares.
/thread

We use both as needed. Meanwhile OP is still sucking cocks all day.

We literally have the metric system you retard. Anything manufactured in the U.S is measured in metric units. Sage

edition.cnn.com/TECH/space/9909/30/mars.metric.02/
>Metric mishap caused loss of NASA orbiter

You can't even go to space.

metric still.
pro tip: nasa normally uses SI units

I'd be willing to if the metric system adopted Fahrenheit over Celsius. You know, since Fahrenheit is a more accurate unit of measurement.
We do use metric though as a standard unit for a lot of manufacturing and science.

Germans built the apollo programme for you..
Guess which system they used?
How are so proud of it, when you know so little about it?
Please user, read more.

>Fahrenheit over Celsius
Fair Point, Fahrenheit is a better measurement system. But that's the thing, isn't it? I'm willing to admit what works best and be pragmatic. Amerimutts are just retarded by not totally ditching retard-units and going full metric.

NASA and all other scientific endeavours use the metric system, dude.

NASA uses metric/SI. Von Braun was the reason you mutts could get to the moon.

>Fahrenheit is a more accurate unit of measurement
Explain

>One system won the space race
You talk about the russians.

they werent

Many of our industries use metric. Building houses and basic construction, not needed so much.

>he thinks metric is accurate when it's based on the volume of water and water changes density at different elevations while an inch is based on the size of 3 barley corns and barley corns haven't changed shape or size in over 500,000 years
fuck off, inferior.

Literally the Masons, as gay and as boomer as that sounds.
The metric system would fuck up all their monuments and numerology.

WE INVENTED SPACE NIGGER!!!

both. but we're keeping tradition and heritage alive

>Celsius: freezing point: 0, boiling point: 100
>100 degrees between the two points
>Fahrenheit: freezing point: 32 boiling point: 212
>180 degrees between the two points
Of course if you factor in decimals, then this becomes irrelevant, but as integers (which is the realm most people operate in) Fahrenheit is a more accurate measurement of temperature.

All you niggers were arguing in the math thread weren't you

>Of course if you factor in decimals
Was about to say this, it's literally not more accurate.

Its not more accurate.
It has a greater integer resolution, but that means nothing.
All ultra-high precision temperature measurement, is done using the Celsius/Kelvin scale.
This inescapable fact cannot be refuted.

Stop being retarded.

fahrenheit is fascinating. I find it really mind blowing that a person hearing that something is 50 fahrenheit will have an instant sense of what 50fahrenheit feels like/is. While hearing something is this and that many fahrenheit is just complete gibberish to me. Same with all the inches and miles etc. Really mind blowing stuff that the system that you live in physically molds your way of perception.

>we should retool everything so converting units is slightly easier.
These threads are shit. If you can't use both systems your a brainlet.

We are not in any disagreement then. The issue is that most people only get a cursory education on metric and never have to use it again. So I think the main issue is just education and incentive to remember it.
However, we do at least use it where it matters, in science, engineering, and manufacturing. Though in manufacturing we spend a lot of effort organizing and converting schematics between the two measurement systems for the shop workers.

Due in parts to the tools we have user. We have trillions of dollars worth of tools not in metric. Its the cost user.

Celsius has a logical choice of 0 at water freezing. This has use in aviation and weather.
Fahrenheit has a logical choice of 0 at brine freezing. This has use in refrigeration, naval operations and to give a hint of when salt becomes totally ineffective at melting roads.
Boiling at 212 for F is whatever.

But what the fuck were they thinking making water boil at 100 Celsius? They should have made water boil at 10 Celsius or 1,000 Celsius. Which further proves that the real name of Celsius is Centigrade, for the 100 grades between freezing and boiling of pure water.

You can use both but you will not be native in both. The cultural context of measurements is really "cool". Am I an autist for thinking this way?

youtube.com/watch?v=tZ3H20IhFPI

Attached: 1544409575453.png (283x261, 116K)

The only country to have put a man on the moon did so with freedom units. Fuck off metric fags

>The only country to have put a man on the moon did so with freedom units.
They didn't use shart units you ignorant sack of butter.

Google it faggot. Get ready to be wrong

Who cares about boiling and freezing. Celsius is better for what most people use temperature ranges for. Weather.
The yearly weather range in Celsius is -40 to +40. If it's a negative number it's cold, positive is warm.
In Fahrenheit it's -40 to +110. If it's a negative number it's cold, if it's a positive it might be cold still. Not as easy to use.
There is a noticeable difference between +20 and +25c, there isn't one between +20 and +25f, the scale is too large for weather forecasting.
Fuck, Celsius is too large really too, should cut it in half. But it's still better then Fahrenheit for weather forecasting.

The human body is ~98F, can be generalized to 100. With Fahrenheit if the temperature is 100 or more it is hotter outside than your body's internal temperature. That's fairly meaningful.
Brine freezes at 0, certain death for an unprotected human. 32 degrees is the edge of snow and freezing rain. Uncomfortable, but plenty of people can stand to be outside at 32F/0C with very little clothing, especially if you are exercising. 50 is a chilly day and great weather for exercising, 70 is the temperature at which women stop bitching and 85 is the temperature that women set the thermostat too if you let them.

Totally, though if you work with the other units, then you'll get a good feel for it within like a month or two.

The Imperial System is of Divine origin, and is therefore superior to metric, which is based upon the folly of man.

This all depends again on the cultural context a murican will know what 30 fahrenheit feels like but not what 30celsius does. And vice versa.

Both systems for great that is the problem there is no need for change.

Like what the fuck is a foot? How long is that? But again for an american saying something is 6,8meters is again just gibberish. There is no internal visualization.

Sorry you aren't able to convert between the two when needed.

You won the first battles of the space race, but we played the long game and walked the moon, winning the war, Dima.

They actually used both.
On the dsky it displayed only freedom units. All radio callouts were in freedom units. Most of the companies expressed their calculation results in freedom units.
Internally the AGC used metric units, sometimes companies would use metric units internally (many didn't, I don't know the ratio). Internally the ground computers originally used mostly metric, but again displayed with freedom units.

While most Canadians aren't "native" in Fahrenheit, your earlier post also mentioned inches and feet.
When I hear Fahrenheit, I have to convert it to Celsius. But both imperial and metric units are taught to Canadians for length, volume and mass. We use pounds as often as kilograms, inches as often as centimeters and ounces as often as milliliters. No converting required.

everybody understands that smaller numbers means colder. Remembering a freezing point isn't that difficult either.
Without converting from F or looking it up what are:
Freezing point of brine 0F
Temperature at which road salt is ineffective 10-15F
Freezing point of water (varies with atmospheric pressure/altitude) 32F/0C, a lot more complex if you know about icing conditions in the atmosphere.
Human body temp: 98F
Wow fuck this heat: 120F

American's know what 6.8 meters is because they just convert that to 6.8 yards and it's close enough.

I think all the hand computing done under nasa itself was in freedom units, then converted to metric. but they weren't building the craft

Imperial is much better. It is all based on Pi, and similar to the system the pyramids were built using. Metric is dumbed down shit for goyim that have to have measurements simplified into units of 10.

small temperature increases can greatly change the evaporation rate and the airs ability to hold water leaf.

yards and meters are of the same order of magnitude and millimeters are fairly common. It is the centimeters that are strange.
5280ft in a Mile. Why 5280?
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 20, 22, 24, 30, 32, 33, 40, 44, 48, 55, 60, 66, 80, 88, 96, 110, 120, 132, 160, 165, 176, 220, 240, 264, 330, 352, 440, 480, 528, 660, 880, 1056, 1320, 1760, 2640
are the factors, that's why

Daily reminder fucking cucks

Attached: r4sUDsE.png (926x1410, 572K)

Fahrenheit is for baking and medical issues like body temperature
Celsius is for weather.
Kelvin is for science class..
All three are used for their own purposes in Canada. Because they are each better at certain things. Celsius is just best for weather because of it's more limited range.

Honestly it was kind of a mess. but it only became a problem 20 years after Apollo with an Mars probe we collaborated with India with. Were internally the computer was juggling code meant for metric with code meant for freedom and after a slight miscalculation with the initial burn, they realized it would wind up off course.

The real question is when will the rest of the metric using countries adopt the Scandinavian mile.

Imperial is more practical for daily use. And I promise you we're going to get rid of what metric we do use. We want nothing to do with your gay Earth.

Then why not use Kelvin? It's even more precise?
Reason is because that doesn't matter most of the time. And when it does, you use fractions of Kelvin.

>mars probe failure was caused by $9/hr pajeet coders
lol

Well it was equally both the fault of India and the US.

a foot is the same as a dude's foot with shoes on as he's not a footlet.
Estimating distance walking foot to heel is actually pretty accurate. And long strides are typically 3 feet. something we often use to estimate in construction.

obviously it is NASAs fault for poor quality control, I'm just laughing in the context of the recent Boeing $9/hr coders and the whole STEM shortage lie for work visa scams.

Based on Pi eh?
let's see the proofs.
This is going to be good..

Your mom seems to really like inches

You do understand NASA scientists use the metric system right?

the metric system did

LMAO mutt education

The imperial system is superior.
I like to watch tech videos on YouTube and it makes me physically ill when I'm watching something like Linus Tech Tips, which is canadian, and they start speaking in metric system. It's disgusting

It's pretty comfy.

Corns havent chnaged shape and size in 500k years? You amerimutts degenerated rveeything in your food.. Your corns are bigger and fatter bc of your GMO and look at your chickens,beef,pork it looks so unhealthy and oversized..

Celsius is somewhat similar as 10, 20 and 30 give you a general cold, okay, hot scale like a three star rating. 10 and 30 will both get bitching and anything more extreme gets on the news for breaking heat records.

Complete gibberish for me something useful for you.

does adopting the metric system also mean having to adopt muslim refugees?

Barley isn't maize you actual retard.

Attached: imperial system.jpg (400x400, 42K)

Y'all are fucking retards.

Aussie metric system for the fucking win. If you don't know you won't ever fucking know cunt. Viva la straya ya fucking jackass.

I'll continue to use metric for calculations and imperial for everyday use. Thanks.

unironically I have learned to keep my mouth shut about this because of the example you gave... the US became an tech empire using this traditional system and I started appreciating the inch and feet unit because of the human conection.

BTW in spanish "inch" means literally "thumb" from what I understand in regular english "inch" doesnt apply to any part of the body directly or does it?

Attached: screenshot0332[1].jpg (598x434, 31K)

Metric fags literally changed the definition of a gram on a whim. It is completely arbitrary. Imperial is based on nature and inherently superior.

Celsius is in base 100
Farenheit is in base 180
That's not even double the amount of "precision"
Also we're actually used to use decimal points, while you don't (mainly because of farenheit, but also because you're retarded).
So just by adopting celsius you actually have TEN times (using one decimal) the amount of precision than farenheit

We use "pollice" (which is thumb) in italian too, when referrign to inches, so I'm fairly certain there has to be some explanation there

please abolish the imperial system and bring us out of the dark ages
horsepower makes no fucking sense

Its used in height calculations, length of dong, etc.
Thumb was an old way of measuring the length of things.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thumb

Literally used as a measurement for trade between different countries/peoples.

In the academic, engineering, and manufacturing world we use both regularly. It's mostly because we would need to redo all our industries to make the transition happen. It's simply too baked in to change, besides at this point we do both, so there's not much to complain about anyway.

>American education

True yet it is change to evolve to better
>So what there's a boulder at my foot? I can still run
This is how it sounds to me

Absolutely true, cars for example
GM changed in the 80's at some point

The true Redpill is to know and use both of them, especially mechanics

They used both, are you retarded on purpose?

>Tfw Nasa uses the metric system

You truly are a meme

Interestingly if you read older literature they use the imperial system. Tolstoy for example used miles and feet

Attached: 1453302766151353674.jpg (1000x882, 676K)

All units are defined according to the SI system. The Imperial system is just a conversion layer, it's all SI underneath.

Of course, 98% of Jow Forums is too dumb to understand this, because Europe or math or something

Half of the trades still use imperial here despite us being a metric country.

Most of our tools are imperial, pipe fittings, steel bars, wood frames, etc etc. You can't build a home here just by using the metric system.

Yeah, inch is only used as a unit of measurement in english.
interestingly enough though many people (at least in construction) will use their thumb length to represent an inch.

The only good thing about the American """system""" is fahrenheit, since these are more finely grained and the range is much more relevant to regular everyday use.

But pretty much everything else (inches & miles, pounds, putting the month before the day) is pants-on-head retarded and the only reason amerimutts keep defending and using them is for the same cultural sclerosis that marries them to a 18th century constitution and 19th century ideas of justice. They are a rotten country with a degenerated non-culture that brings only misery to this world. I sincerely wish the bugpeople of Chine to overtake them already and finally confine the American Empire to the dustbin of history.

Fahrenheit is a finer scale sure.
But it is a less ACCURATE scale.

You can measure Celsius to millions of degrees and it will always be the same because it's based on the laws of physics.
Fahrenheit on the other hand is just an approximation because what the fuck "brine" is depends form place to place.

Yeah, yeah, they have since defined Fahrenheit as a factor over Celsius instead of "brine", I know.
But that just means you are already using Celsius just in a more complicated way.

>more finely grained
This is an extremely bad argument because even the most sensitive part of your body can't sense the difference between 22 Celsius and 23 Celsius.

all units are ultimately arbitrary.
He is no more "using celsius" than you are "using fahrenheit"

Except you totally can when, for example, setting your A/C.
Newer home units now use half-degree steps (i.e. 23°C, 23.5°C, 24°C, 24.5°C) but the old/cheap models still go by whole-degree steps. Which is very annoying because it's very often that 25°C is too cold and 26°C is too hot.

Celsius is more relevant for burning Jews in ovens though.

What you're saying only matters in the realms of science and engineering, where we use decimals, which makes the whole point of accuracy between the two a moot point. I'm talking about when Fahrenheit is used mainly as an integer in the day-to-day of an average person... that is where I was saying it is more accurate.
You're retarded. We can tell the difference of 1 Fahrenheit, so of course people are absolutely going to be able to tell the difference of 1 Celsius as well.

You have to go back Vlad!

>We can tell the difference of 1 Fahrenheit
Liar.

I wonder how many American have died because they didn't know they were driving in icing conditions.

Everyone is now dumber because of this dumb shit you just said