Atheists HATE this!!

Premise 1:
Everything that begins to exist has a cause.
Premise 2:
The universe began to exist

Therefore, the universe has a cause.

Attached: A462DA68-9D45-4E64-9273-09C99E3BE932.jpg (710x823, 90K)

No. There could have been absolute nothingness, and something happened because that was the only possibility.

Okay. But then why do you believe in Jesus over Zeus? How does this change your daily life?

Contrary to all observable data.

Try again, mongoloid

Off topic, leaf

Self-bump

But what's the point of anything you've said? Who gives a shit?

Intellectuals.

>trying to use logic with athe*st

its not worth it

your first premise is unjustified at the quantum level dipshit

Ironically they presuppose the objective existence of the laws of logic, which are unprovable

Wrong. Quantum mechanics require quantum fields to exist YOU FUCKTARD

The quantum field just exists, it didnt 'begin' to exist, retard.

The universe provably came into existence you moron.

You’re stating quantum fields existed for eternity past which is contrary to modern cosmology.

IDIOT
D
I
O
T

>nothing comes from nothing
>therefore something had to create something

also, you know nothing about quantum mechanics except what Neil DeGrasse Tyson said on joe rogan podcast, go eat a potato

also quantum mechanics and quantum field theory are two different things u absolute shit for brains

Doesn’t make you any less wrong

MORON

why do you keep pluralizing it? there is one single quantum field that covers everything u stupid cunt.

...that magically existed from eternity past, right?

Tell me again why belief in God is irrational?

I'm not arguing against the existence of God, I'm pointing out that your argument is fucking retarded. Jesus christ you're dense.

So what caused God? Or is it just magic n shit so you don't include it in your premise?

God has no beginning thus requires no cause.

>magically existed from eternity past, right?
this is fundamentally a non-argument. The arrow of time itself doesn't exist without the 2nd law of thermodynamics, and that only occurs on top of specific symmetry breaking conditions as in 'our universe'.
You are basing your entire argument on linear causation and on a mistaken assumption that time always existed, it's kindergarten tier.

>Everything that begins to exist has a cause.
>Except not our gods
/thread

You can't prove your gods even exist, how can you ever hope to prove anything else about them?

>trying to use logic with athe*st
Protip: Any syllogism that relies on supernatural beings is not logical.

>Tell me again why belief in God is irrational?
Knowledge is rational
Beliefs are irrational

Facts are rational
Opinions are irrational

Astronomy is rational
Astrology is irrational

I could do this all day. It pains me that I need to.

>they presuppose the objective existence of the laws of logic
untrue. the validity of logic has been contested through the ages, which you would know if you weren't an illiterate redneck. Also the OP presupposed their validity by posing his argument as a set of logical statements.
All in all, eat my shit retard.

And you’re making the assumption that the laws of physics existed for all of eternity

Retard

You are presupposing the validity of the laws of logic. As does all science.

Dufus

Is rationality rational?

God never began to exist.
/thread

>ITT trans-brainiacs pretend to be intelligent and educated.

Attached: 1525887031922.png (957x882, 162K)

If everything needs a cause that implies there's a prime cause for everything. but if everything has a cause, then the prime cause would, by definition, need a cause which is circular logic and a fallacy. On the other hand if we disregard cause as a necessary precursor in one instance (prime cause) there is no reason to assume anything else needs a cause.

I didn't, in fact my counter argument was based on the mutability of the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Eat shit retard.

The OP presented his argument based on formal logic, providing a counter argument in the same logic is the sensible thing to do. Eat my dick shithead.

Source?

> Everything that begins to exist has a cause
prove it.

> The Universe began to exist
There was stuff before the big bang implying ther bif bang even happened we just have no idea how it worked and how time behaved.

Christkek logic games are only real in their minds and only serve to convince themselves. we have no idea how the universe began we can only speculate. Even if there is a first cause the odds of it having anything remotely to do with christkek bronze age metaphysics is insane it could be an intelligent AI simulation

No, everything that BEGINS to exist has a cause, readlet

The 2nd law of thermodynamics BEGAN to exist

All observational evidence of all people ever proves premise #1

So?

Hey, you don't sound very Irish.

Doesn’t this assume the A-theory of time? How would you reconcile this with the more modern understanding of time, i.e. the B-theory?

Prove it.
>Therefore, the universe has a cause.
Why should an atheist hate this?

yes, out of fluctuations in in the quantum field which caused a macro scale phenomena. The quantum field effects had no cause. Lick my shit, fuckface.

Most religions rely on faith. The basic principle of faith is believing without seeing or having concrete evidence. Asking a religious person to "prove" the existence of a deity is on itself contradictory and only serves to demonstrate a severe lack of understanding of what they preach and why.

no look at your life OP theres no purpose to it it happened accidentally and It's entirely meaningless

Buy a dictionary and look it up.

Found the base pleasure seeker

Nothing comes from nothing.

Every explanation in science right now is just as baseless as god, yeah. It’s all pure conjecture

...the quantum field magically existed for all of eternity.

Tell me again why belief in God is irrational?
*dabs*

heheheheheheheheheheh
and quantum mechanics can't be a cause, right?

>everything came from nothing

Oy vey!

God is the best explanation. Get in this fold, n*gg*r

What caused quantum mechanics

its not 'eternity' because there was no time, which I already explained above. Learn to read, wormbrain.

...quantum fields magically existed for all of eternity.

Tell me again why belief in God is irrational, Lawrence Krause?

yeah well science tries the best it can to explain shit using monkey technology we make speculations about the lifespan of stars and location of black holes it could be entirely wrong and it probably is but christkekry is for sure wrong

>Quantum fluctuations
user..I..

Im no atheist but something nothing. therefore nothing creates something

What does Jow Forums think of the Akashic Records?

perturbations in the quantum field require no cause. You are using macro scale intuition to attribute linear causation to things on the quantum scale. This is idiocy.

Are you retarded? You’re literally subbing quantum fields for God.

eternity didnt exist when time didn't exist, shitstool.

We aren’t descended from monkeys. Evolution is baseless and cannot be shown in a laboratory setting.

>quantum fields existed for eternity

Oh sweetie...

Polytheism is a more rational argument than what OP is proposing, kiddie fiddler.

*Pantheism

Sure it did. Why shouldn’t it? What does eternity have to do with time? Moron

eternity didn't exist. time did not exist. there was no 'eternity' before time, shitbrick.

ITT: I rekt u

>Why should an atheist hate this?
Philosophically it made sense in the infancy of our knowledge and it seemed to make sense at the time. It's just ridiculous the non-sequitur fabricated by the theists that comes next.

Turn on the fucking flux capacitor

who created your jew god? you worship a demuirge demonic entity that collects foreskins.

Sophia.

BECAUSE THERE WAS NO SECOND LAW U FUCKING RETARD HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOUR MONKEY ASS

As above, so below.

If the gods don't exist, then their laws are non-existent, their stories are fairy tales and their minions have no business interfering with the lives of people that do exist.

What does eternity have to do with time? Why should eternity have any connection to time whatsoever? If time began to exist, then time has a cause that itself is outside of time.

Stay mad, you’re losing.

there is absolutely no reason to think of causes as some extraneous category that always existed solely to give cause to an entire universe of categories all dependent on cause and effect. it's way less mental gymnastics to believe that things can occur on their own, without any discernible cause. hell even taking the G_d pill is more logical in a sense that you've clearly defined the original, indescribable category from which all others stem

platitude, doesnt apply in practice. read the literature.

What caused the quantum field

>It's just ridiculous the non-sequitur fabricated by the theists that comes next.
Yep. I've seen the tremendous leaps that they make to try to get from "the universe has a cause" to "my god exists"

>everything begins due to a cause

This is not objective truth just because you say it is, you fucking brainlet.

How do you account for all of the accurate predictions of evolutionary theory, the plethora of fossil evidence, vestigial structures, etc? Also why will no one answer my question

no, you just don't understand my argument or you are purposefully pretending not to understand because I blew the shithole out of your basic bitch logic.
Either way you can suck on my asshairs, fuckstain.

Do you live in a home with electricity and plumbing? Then you're a lying hypocrite who gladly uses the results of science while pretending to bash it on Jow Forums.

no causes are required at the quantum level you stupid cunt

There’s no basis for the belief that quantum fields existed for all eternity. In fact such an opinion conflicts with modern cosmology

Meme baby

Nice faith you’ve got there

The absence of time is literal infinity, mongo nigger.

Evolutionary theory does not make accurate predictions on a macro level

Atheists are just commies without the guts to go full commie.

christkeks are descended from monkeys. Tru Aryans are descended from the Aryan explorers who cradhed their ships in Hyperoborea. Hitler .anaged to use Die Glocke to send a signal to the Aryan space Empire and the fleet is already on it's way to take us home christkek

Doing it wrong, OP:
A1a: we live in a causal universe
A1b: every effect has a cause
A2a: if we follow that chain back far enough we reach “the beginning of our universe”
A2b: If an in-universe cause preceded this, it is not “the beginning of our universe”
Therefore our universe began with an external cause;

B1: premise A1 is foundational to discerning truth through science
B2: premise A2 is a tautology.
Therefore arguing against A requires you to argue against the validity of the foundation of using science to discern knowledge.

Attached: 3B0A7164-CEB4-4552-B160-FFDD15C574C5.jpg (618x494, 55K)

He is an Irish n*gg*r

repeating an argument I already broke in two with my 10 inch dick is a pointless exercise. Munch on my ballsack, fuckbrain

I'm an atheist and I agree with you.
Now what?

BEHOLD FELLOW KUFFAR...

>The Leibnizian Cosmological Argument
(1) Every contingent fact has an explanation.
(2) There is a contingent fact that includes all other contingent facts.
(3) Therefore, there is an explanation of this fact.
(4) This explanation must involve a necessary being.
(5) This necessary being is God.
>The Kalam Cosmological Argument
1.0. Everything that begins to exist has a cause.
2.0. The universe began to exist.
2.11. An actual infinite cannot exist.
2.12. An infinite temporal regress of events is an actual infinite.
2.13. Therefore, an infinite temporal regress of events cannot exist.
2.21 A collection formed by successive addition cannot be an actual infinite.
2.22 The temporal series of events is a collection formed by successive addition.
2.23 Therefore, the temporal series of events cannot be an actual infinite.
3.0. Therefore, the universe has a cause.
>The Argument from Consciousness
(1) Mental events are genuine nonphysical mental entities that exist.
(2) Specific mental and physical event types are regularly correlated.
(3) There is an explanation for these correlations.
(4) Personal explanation is different from natural scientific explanation.
(5) The explanation for these correlations is either a personal or natural scientific explanation.
(6) The explanation is not a natural scientific one.
(7) Therefore, the explanation is a personal one.
(8) If the explanation is personal, then it is theistic.
(9) Therefore, the explanation is theistic.

> that motherfucking rock over there has a cause.
premise one is retarded.
not an atheist, but able to see bullshit from a mile away.