Why can't the West innovate anymore?

Attached: 1538791820244.png (249x208, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=obS6TUVSZds
youtube.com/watch?v=H901KdXgHs4&list=PLPnz7ojKD2ypn5GgSkUwyAcIQ0gSMKszi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Too busy babysitting niggers

Diversity

Attached: 1550980509988.jpg (1005x628, 146K)

A concept like this isnt going to hit the home run right away. Takes a lot of fucking up to engineer a good solution.

Anyways I never heard about thsi. More info.

Gotta dump them taxes on shitskin welfare and childsupport for their children. Nuke us.

Attached: 1565859681280.jpg (986x1024, 86K)

Solar
Freaking
Roadways

It was brilliant! The French paid for it, didn't they? The "inventor" got rich. It absolutely worked.
I took one look at that as an engineer and thought "you got to be kidding!"
Nope!

david jones has always been telling people that most of this projects are BullShit.

5 years ago:

youtube.com/watch?v=obS6TUVSZds

>More money for stupid yet feel good idiot projects!
Indeed! The national debt can always be increased! Future generations can pay for it!

Disenchanted Americans.

Not enabled. The TV and phone are really good distractions.

We don't talk about Innovation.

we talk about bullshit topics that make us angry and polarized.

Attached: XRL Contract 820 Mei Lai Road to Hoi Ting Tunnels Hong Kong c Arup[1].jpg (2000x1125, 3.24M)

This makes me so actually angry.

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA user GETS ANGRY

>The "inventor" got rich.

nah it was built by the largest road construction company on earth, they invested quite some money into it and got basically no return. But they probably could write it off anyway.

Everyone with just a bit of science background knew from the start this shit was retarded as hell.
But they all were "haters" and the virtue signalers got their pet projects which turned out to be turd just as predicted.

This also has nothing to do with innovation.

/thread

Attached: Noggler.png (888x885, 171K)

What I don't understand about solar farms is that they're always ecological wastelands, and they don't have to be.

Solar farms always have the panels only a few feet off the ground, and they're always gravel wastelands. Why?

Why not put the solar panels on stilts 50 feet high, and allow an understory brush forest to grow beneath? Obviously you wouldn't want full on trees, but you could have all sorts of bushes, shrubs, grasses, brambles, it could be a wonderful environment for birds, insects, all sorts of stuff. A ton of difference species would grow very well in the shade provided by the solar panels.

>allow an understory brush forest to grow beneath
brainlet the post

basically the reason why is simple.

The cost to innovate/change shit costs more than to maintain what we already have.

Its cheaper to repave roads/make more roads than to build a durable and robust public transportation system.

Its cheaper to keep the shitty rail system we have than to try and make high speed rail a thing in the USA.

What you need is a a civil war.

A war to destroy the infrastructure that we currently have so that its cheaper to just pick the better option than "Just put the same shit back down lol".

if you rip up all the rails in the USA, tear up all the roads, and blow up all the gas stations. Most of them can be rebuilt to include more shit like electric car charging stations, high speed rail, better road material used instead of asphalt. The cost of digging/dismantling all this shit would just be null because it'd be destroyed in an effort to destroy military routes/supply routes in an effort to win.

This theory is also backed up by the US marshall plan after ww2, Peurto Rico after its electrical system got wiped the fuck out by a hurricane, and japan after it got blown up by nukes.

That would cost many times more money.

>Why not put the solar panels on stilts 50 feet high, and allow an understory brush forest to grow beneath?

you just have gone full retarded.

if you want high efficiency you need to pack them as closely together as possible, so there is no light below the solar panels.
Also even when you have the packed close together as possible their W/m2 sucks ass. You still need extremely large areas covered with them to replace a single gas or the king of energy density nuclear power plants.

I remember telling people how fucking retarded the idea was and they all got offended like I had just insulted their mother or something. Same thing happens whenever you point out the drawbacks of other "renewable" energy sources and other shit that attracts the "I FUCKING LOVE LE SCIENCE!" crowd. Arguing with retards who have no engineering background about this stuff would probably be extremely frustrating if I were as emotionally invested in the subject as they seem to be.

Stellaris is alright i guess, no need to be mad.

Stellaris is a glorified cookie clicker. Fuck Wiz.

Niggers, immigrants and the ultimate cause, the Stein

Attached: 12.png (733x777, 701K)

An 85 IQ doesn't allow for much thinking for innovation. Unfortunately the average IQ of burgers is only 85.

I enjoy purging xeno empire that practice miscenation.

Just get Distant World Universe instead holy shit

Because all of our money goes to niggers both domestic and foreign.

>Everyone with just a bit of science background knew from the start this shit was retarded as hell.

lying faggot

>emotionally invested

thats the keyword here, the majority of people know jack shit about the topic they talk about, but just feel good when they do the "morally right" thing or support the "morally right" decision.
Despite the "morally right" thing can be proven factually to be the retarded choice, they now can't go back because they did the "right thing" even when its wrong.
Which turns into a classic case of cognitive dissonance.

This is also the reason why so many people lie when they fuck up things or are just wrong about a topic. Most people are only act emotionally when they make decisions (yes also many man and basically 99% of all woman).
I have only seen a few people in my life that can admit when they are wrong or took the blame when they did something wrong, this where also the most proficient and integer persons I have met.

>Unfortunately the average IQ of burgers is only 85.

I think burger average around 100iq. wtf is iq/eq. a measuring a stick.? so what? interpersonal communication skills. Lets relate, find a common ground or slick and witty.

(OP)
>basically the reason why is simple.
This is a really good post. Thanks. we should post we keep revisiting this idea/ thread.

Third world country now

obviously burger science doesn't count.

But but but, it was supposed to change the way we live!

>let's add millions more dollars onto the already millions in cost in order to use giant stilts instead of keeping it ground level
brainlet the post

What the fuck would be the point of roadways made of solar panels? Sounds stupid as hell

youd idn't say shit

I get your point but it is a horrible idea when you look into it, honestly. Look at thunderf00ts video on it, hes a fedora tipper but he outlines the issues with it, it's a pop sci wet dream but it's a shit idea in reality

God was that video ever typical liberal cringe, it was like listening to a child describe his first perpetual motion machine idea. These fucking idiots live in such a utopian bubble that they don't think about basic problems such as cost, wear, snow, vandalism, etc whenever pitching these stupid plans.

Forced diversity women workers less funds cause everything goes to social programs

Too busy trying to control every idea to allow safe and sane copulation of neuroonic memes
Can't innovate when all the parts are locked behind liscencing fees

>Solar Road
More like a Stoler road.

Attached: China road stoler.jpg (1063x633, 142K)

It's the fault of the jews really.
Do something about it if you're actually mad.

Solar roadways are the stupidest idea ever anyway. The west cannot innovate anymore because career politicians do not give a shit about the future of the nation and their people. All they care about it making the European committee happy by selling out their country so they can climb the ranks. The biggest treason of humanity is the supernational state (USA was the first, EU second) by which selfish sociopaths can climb the rank by "democratically" selling out their countries and it's people. Politicians like to say that politics is war by other means than violence, yet treason happens to be their weapon choice.

Attached: 1504128005702.jpg (518x505, 38K)

It is solving a nonexistent problem.
Solar powers main problems are weather, profitability, short lifespan, the necessary electricity grid upgrade.
The only problem the solar road is solving is territory which is the least concerning problem with solar.
Seems like a cool thing, but it solves nothing.

This. I'm an electrical engineer as well, and solar isn't the holy savior of the green energy movement that everyone says it is. Nuclear is the way to go until PV and energy storage solutions get better.

we're too busy worrying about saving the planet and climate change while asia is pumping out 1000x times the polution, not giving a fuck and building the future.

>18 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

>2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

>3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

>4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

>5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

>6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

>7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

>8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

>9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

>10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

>11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

Attached: DamnRight.jpg (720x617, 61K)

It's a large flat surface. If it was durable enough, you could potentially harvest a lot of energy from it.

There were and are a ton of immediate and obvious reasons this cannot work. A simple thought experiment is all that's needed to understand them. How this got greenlit is beyond me? It's insane anyone didn't step up and pay out all the obvious pitfalls.

Progressively lowering IQs due to immigration of non-whites and the welfare state.
The top 1% have children, as do the dole class.
The Middle and upper lower classes (the ones that run society and have high IQ) are taxed into oblivion and the retards are subsidised into breeding.
For every 2 generations the top half has the bottom half has 3, and those generations are 50-150% larger.
We are subsiding our own destruction.
Our education system is completely fucked.
The end comes.

Fusion will never come, Concorde will never fly again, we will never have a man on the moon again.
Why?
Because there simply aren't enough geniuses to invent these things. There aren't enough 130IQ people left to refine and maintain the technology.
There aren't enough average people left to operate the technology.
There is no hope on our current course.
The average IQ of the west will be that of the 1200s by 2100.
There is only one solution.

Attached: 1563796359147.jpg (1126x1455, 210K)

This guy utterly dismantles the concept each step of the way: youtube.com/watch?v=H901KdXgHs4&list=PLPnz7ojKD2ypn5GgSkUwyAcIQ0gSMKszi

Eevblog covers them too but I like how thunderf00t makes it obvious how insane anyone is for trying with current tech and current needs

EEVblog had a good piece on solar roadways if you’re interested in the engineering challenges behind them.

What's that white boy doing there?

Fpbp

Attached: 2015E9CB-DD3B-4FD0-9D23-168DFBCC4BC2.png (500x482, 357K)

What is drainage?

FYI it was just green leftards pushing it, so they tested it.

>the least concerning problem with solar
you are autistic, nukefag

holy shit you echo chamber faggots came out of the woodwork for this one

FPBP

Attached: 1565828478075.gif (316x180, 3.97M)

>better road material used instead of asphalt
No such thing smoothbrain.
Did you know asphalt is the most recycled material on Earth? Shit is utterly perfect for it's job compared to any other alternative.

To be fair, you can put them 50 feet up and still have them packed together

>smoothbrain
you are not allowed to use an australian insult, my fellow shartmerican

>Why can't the West innovate anymore?
>Too busy babysitting niggers
This

But another reason is the natural cycle of competent political and departmental leadership being swapped by less competent and more corrupt people while the competent ones move towards more shekels in the private sector.
As you have less and less competent people in departments and political leadership, you will see the departments etc grow in size to compensate for the individual non performance.
Larger departments means more bureaucracy and more taxes required for funding, the people paying for this are the talented ones who have to divert more and more resources to overcome bureaucracy and high taxes instead of innovating.
As the departments have gone more from just helping productive people (as in blocking predatory practices, settling legal disputes etc) to becoming self serving behemoths they also become increasingly corrupt.

What we see is just the continuation of more corrupt and retarded people ending up in positions of power funded by taxes making retarded decisions.

Sweden wastes about $14bn every year on immigrants (just in terms of net gibs, healthcare, crimefighting etc ignored).
The F22 program had a total cost of ~$75bn or 5.4 years of babysitting niggers and muslims (gibs only).

That is the consequence of politics infesting our departments and corrupt retards having too much control of our money. Niggers and muzzies are just a biproduct.
They are the nuclear waste och the Chernobyl accident that is our governmental institutions.

Attached: future.jpg (750x660, 55K)

Heaven forbid we spend money on living things aside from ourselves. Fuck ecological impact, am I right ebin burger man?

A large flat surface perpetually pointed in the wrong direction.

Because it's a fun one as it's so easy to systematically dismantle. It's a terrible idea ones you go just a moment past it's surface appeal.

go back to your desk-bed, elon

you didn't dismantle anything, you just call the idea bad names after the fact.

LOL, all you needed is a very dark paint, a good heat conducting material in the roads and a heat engine plugged into an alternator.
This is The Onion material.

You get the idea.

You cannot replace existing infrastructure unless it crumbles to the point beyond any reasonable cost for maintenance or its just essentially destroyed and unfixable because capitalists absolutely refuse to do any form of upgrades on infrastructure that can be fixed cheaply.

>I think this idea is bad
>FUCKING ECHO CHAMBER

learn what words mean before you use them

Because they're restricted by the current (((culture))).

>solar road
>cars go on top of road blocking sunlight
>rush hour in big city is basically morning/noon/5/all day
>like 8 hours of cars blocking sun
>well at least there’s no cars on the road at...night
wow what a fucking dumb idea

hes the engineer

thats not even the main reason it was a dumb idea.

The biggest reason it was a dumb idea is that there's no glass that can withstand cars being on it.

So if cars stood on it like during rush hour, it'd just end up cracked the hell up and basically become a giant stretch of potholes.

Why the road? Sidewalk is the obvious choice. Make all sidewalks and bike lanes solar panels. You will make every single city that does nearly self sufficient in power from that alone.

Economic terrorism in the form of forced "green" technology.

Maybe the west can't innovate because for every guy wanting to try something there's a thousand smartasses who will say it's a terrible idea.

>Maybe the west can't innovate because for every guy wanting to try something there's a thousand smartasses who will say it's a terrible idea.

What to you think of this alternate theory?

Better, though the best place to put them is on rooftops since they are less likely to get fucked with. It also does not take up more room and can be angled.

>You will make every single city that does nearly self sufficient in power from that alone.

Attached: original_result (3).png (512x512, 452K)

I thought of this when I was fucking 12. By high school, when I started driving, I realized how retarded of an idea it was, as we can't even afford to fix regular tar roads, let alone expensive and complicated solar roads.

i assume it was called baguette road?

Because people are retarded so crowdfunding is a joke and the government just doesn't care as long as it's "inNovation!1"

It's beyond retarded. Absolute baby-tier in terms of thought process.

Why was it a disaster?

la france ridicule

if you didnt take the atomic pill already i have bad news for you

But you'd have to be an absolute sub-80 IQ brainlet to even consider implementing this. The plethora of problems with it is glaringly obvious, even with a basic understanding of roadways, nevermind an elementary understanding of the physics & maths involved. It's garbage.

Are we so out of places to put solar panels that we have to put them on roads?

>having to ask why solar panels used for power generation on the surface of the earth are a scam

It's cheap, it's clean, it's safe.

PC mentality poisoned everything and suffocate everyone. No time and energy for anything else.

nope nope and i guess you're right on the last one
brain-fucking-let
atomic solutions have existed in generation iv breeder reactors that are powered by their own waste, meaning there is virtually no byproduct of a gen iv breeder reactor
what little waste there is left can be blasted into the fucking sun

Like him or not, thunderfoot debunked the shit out of these things and if you disagree with his assessment, you don't understand science or engineering.

youtube.com/watch?v=H901KdXgHs4&list=PLPnz7ojKD2ypn5GgSkUwyAcIQ0gSMKszi

It's fragile
It's not pointed at the sun
Low energy returns
High initial cost
High maintenance needs

Etc etc etc. You put far far more into it then anything you get in return.

Attached: original_result (12).png (512x512, 445K)

based user telling people how shit solar is and why its just a scam for petroleum and coal to sell more power

After coal it's the cheapest energy source per megawatt and require the lowest power transmission infrastructure, unless you consider subsidies.
Unless you consider water to be pollution it's totally clean, the nuclear waste is consumed by breeder reactors then it's stored in a safe place.

Yeah that is a fair point I'm just saying there really isn't a much better alternative material for what a road has to do than asphalt. But of course that's just a material much more could be done and should be done to being infrastructure up to modern capabilities.