European polytheism thread. How many of you practice the old religions of europe? Which gods do you worship?

European polytheism thread. How many of you practice the old religions of europe? Which gods do you worship?

Attached: 1565248946533.png (600x600, 660K)

Other urls found in this thread:

runeberg.org/medstat/0354.html
4pt.su/en/content/heidegger-left-and-right
biblehub.com/matthew/15-24.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inb4 muh Jesus
Christians stop trying to push your universalism here, it isn't going to work.

Attached: 1565172939941.jpg (318x318, 38K)

I worship myself... lmao...

What we need at the very least are collective seasonal rituals that are judenfrei. We need Christmas and Easter without the Jewish bullshit in them.

which will only happen if we split to our ancestor's faith.

anyone?

Attached: PantheonInside.jpg (480x321, 28K)

You people seriously believe in pagan gods?
They're not omniscient, or omnipresent, or omnipotent, so by logic and definition they exist within the bounds of physical reality, which means you should be able to see them here
But that doesn't seem to be the case, does it? Ir have odin fucked your mother last night and you seen him leaving your house?

>which means you should be able to see them here
Where do you get that idea?
>But that doesn't seem to be the case, does it? Ir have odin fucked your mother last night and you seen him leaving your house?
so angry, let me guess you are a Christian and you cannot handle people believing something other than your desert jew religion?

Attached: 1121526.jpg (499x280, 67K)

The amount of responses you got should tell you everything you need to know about your faggoty little larp.

PLEASE HALP ME FRENS

Attached: 1555734427666.jpg (635x874, 202K)

Thor, I'm a metallurgy by trade and like to blacksmith as a hobby. I make weapons for medieval reenactments and make an animal sacrifice to him when I test the sharpness of a blade. I can feel my ancestors in Valhalla smiling upon me with every blow to the anvil and wild animal split open.

>meme flag

Attached: 1565174230591.jpg (720x573, 75K)

Attached: 1566716991425.jpg (504x1344, 267K)

They are almost all based on planets.
The planets played a crucial role in the "Creation" process. Humans lived on Earth before we even had a moon. I'm pretty sure the moon "colliding" (no impact. But there was a large electrical discharge between the two celestial bodies) with the Earth was the first in a series of cosmic catastrophes, that were recorded by humans all across the globe under various myths, legends, traditions, religions, etc.

Pretty much these planetary bodies were worshiped for the period of time when said celestial body had the most impact on life here on Earth. We got much closer to these objects than we are today. It would have been quite the spectacle. However, it would have caused an incredible amount of chaos.

there's only one god that matters

Attached: asuka shrine.jpg (1200x1200, 276K)

Stop being a degenerate

Attached: Olympia-Zeus_01b.jpg (1008x1328, 268K)

You are confusing worship with whoreship.

Attached: 000perfection.jpg (1125x1095, 133K)

no christians in this thread

Attached: 000 christcucks.png (806x309, 12K)

Based

>they exist within the bounds of physical reality, which means you should be able to see them here

Can you see gravity retard?

i've always liked greek mythology but i've never greek writers mentioning them or discussing aout them, like western ones do with god. did they really believein those gods as a religion, or were they more like archetypes to aspire towards?

The best park about greek mythology is that so much is recorded. They definitely believed in those gods as a religion and prayed/sacrificed to them often.

Attached: dae-11162426.jpg (453x360, 43K)

Attached: 1558165917032.jpg (1024x652, 191K)

amerimutts worshipping foreign gods, default

>foreign gods
I forgot my ancestors ceased to exist the second they stepped on a boat.

Attached: saxon.jpg (3204x1480, 478K)

i see christcucks

>we need the birth and resurrection of christ without christ

user pls.
As a white american the new world and your mixed ancestry, while barring a set tradition, gives you great freedom in choosing a rite.
Thanksgiving was based on earlier harvestrites of gratitude for earths spoils and seem to have developed since then into very distinct american forms.

Why not work on an ethnically concious form of thanksgiving for white americans where you thank the spoils of common labour for prosperity as granted by god/nature outside of the abrahamic framework?

wew boatpeople ancestors lad

Good day, lads

Attached: Slava_2.jpg (1105x1658, 485K)

k

Attached: 0f77f9ef6209d45528231570acb37096.jpg (564x409, 85K)

good morning friend

Attached: 1565201475926.png (900x624, 108K)

Well, most white americans can be sure to have majority anglo ancestry with some irish/german thrown inbetween.
Germanics dominated the atlantic area culture wise above celts.
So atlantic/germanic mythology being more recepted makes kinda sense for them even if theyre not always sure about the amount of french and italian in them.

First boatpeople were zealous evangelics tho, id compare this with the afro-american vodoo and santeria cults of latin america who brought their gods with them to american shores and restructured rites and appearances under local mixing of peoples and western/christian influence but their line of worship was unbroken in comparison to this american neopaganism.

Now as they try to reconstruct, authentic revival seems impossible. So a new american religiousity that borrows on germanic themes but expresses itself in a dejudaised WASPway and aesthethics might be the best they can hope for.

In the end its about making a healthy community in lines with the laws of nature and appeasing the lesser spirits below god by working with them on a contract between them and the fledgling society to be our guides in living correctly.

>First boatpeople were zealous evangelics tho
we had plenty of catholics fleeing prodestantism as well.
>Well, most white americans can be sure to have majority anglo ancestry with some irish/german thrown inbetween.
Yep my family is entirely from the British isles and the way America has been settled there are a lot of Scandinavian, Polish, Dutch and German (the majority of white Americans are actually of German descent ) communities that are ethnically focused. Its true there is mixing going on but there is a lot of non mixing happening as well.
>Now as they try to reconstruct, authentic revival seems impossible. So a new american religiousity that borrows on germanic themes
Reconstruction as a foundation is incredibly important considering ancestor veneration is more important than god worship. Yes the local and land Wights/gods are not going to be the same but the gods belong to European peoples no matter where they go.

Attached: 1558328028035.jpg (480x360, 9K)

hmmm

God = "I don't know"
nothing more.

Reconstruction as in thinking you can do it like it would have been done in a danish village 700ad I mean.
Thats easier for us euros who got more local continuity, but even then quiet hard which is why the majority of activity here is also still just horrid larp.
>ancestor veneration
That would be your family line of the last 500 years who spoke several languages at some point and I agree that this is often overlooked as the most important part of such faith.
Now how to adress them?
Like a danish village 700ad would have done for theirs, or polish people have prayed for theirs to be raised from hellfire a bit sooner up until the 20th century and beyond on all souls day?
Would seem strange. Tbh I dont rly identifie as "white" and see that more like an american ethnic group.
Whites in america should have a white american form of worship even if some old culture bringing gods are shared.

>landwights
Chinese ppl in malaysia claim some local deities speak/understand malaysian only during contact in trance. Others both.
Paying homage to local beings seems hard in the new world.
Except maybe if adressed as culturally neutral expressions of the local nature.

Attached: 54e8c5e54785b18baaa5ab55f863df64.png (465x559, 465K)

>Tbh I dont rly identifie as "white" and see that more like an american ethnic group.
Its not an American ethnic group, Americans still ethnically identify by the regions and peoples their ancestors came from. The focus on "white people" comes from the severe cultural differences between European descended Americans and minorities.

Attached: Tjängvide-Sleipnir.jpg (408x284, 45K)

Attached: 1559541893357.png (700x3775, 3.89M)

>imagine larping a race traitor vikangz

Attached: 1566073804236.jpg (1024x766, 156K)

>imagine believing abandoning the ethnic religion of your people for a religion created by Jews from the middle east and then calling others race traitors for not doing the same.

Attached: 1559096008180.jpg (1023x789, 141K)

runeberg.org/medstat/0354.html
>Laghæ yrkir war Wiger Spa, heþin i heþnum timæ
Creator of the law was Viger Spa, pagan in pagan times

Christians bringing civilization and tradition to other peoples of the world is a meme. In Sweden, even the oldest documents that account for a conclusive and rigorous practice of justice were established in pre-Christian times and this document (Upplandslagen - The Law of Uppland) recognize this.

Our laws, our religious holidays (Midsommar, Jul) all stem from pre-Christian polytheism. Christianity absorbs other religious practices and cultural traits in order to legitimize itself. Christianity is an epyk maymay for rootless people.

Attached: 1564842312694.png (1110x1827, 1.39M)

meanwhile irl Christians obliterated your weak pathetic ass kek

The weak should fear the strong

Attached: hahaha.jpg (720x720, 45K)

get the hell out of here with ”muh nord peganism”,especially when todays nords are a bunch of fucking cucks

Attached: 1458332561855.png (400x462, 283K)

>humans lived on earth before we even had a moon
Are you fucking retarded?

and then, due to an inbuilt weakness of Judaism, failed to stop islam consistently century after century, and had not one, but TWO giant WORLD wars with Christians on both sides.

The pagans may of been primitive, but christians are played like a fiddle.

Defiantly study it, the morality is far better, emphasis on strength, daring, intelligence, adventure, rather than some magic tricks an upity rabi did. Personally I think Heidegger was basically right about the relationship between men and the gods.
4pt.su/en/content/heidegger-left-and-right

Attached: 6AF93946-4352-4268-A23E-4413857869A8.jpg (1024x597, 75K)

Nice deflection, also let's see, 100s of years of subversive attempts to remove and suppress the pagans, multiple missions, crusades and forced conversions, destruction of holy sites, knowledge, leadership and societal structure, indoctrination on a mass scale , absorbing traditions that couldnt be erased and anti pagan lawmaking just to stop Europeans from following their own organic way of life. Here we are today after all of that and christianity is fading in the west while European polytheistic religions are reemerging. Who are the strong ones here?

Attached: 1559427636803.jpg (800x491, 148K)

Thank for this user

Germanic paganism covers half of Europe. Exactly what gods do you worship?

Attached: 1560385948089.jpg (720x934, 170K)

>Germanic paganism covers half of Europe
>the saxons worshiped odin
>the slavs worshiped odin
>anyone south of denmark worshiped odin
yeah,neah m8

>Exactly what gods do you worship?
my ancestors were monoteists mostly,worshiping a god known as zalmoxis,a god of death,i believe
that is why christianity caught on so well,it was very similar

Attached: muh dacia.png (952x685, 182K)

Fun fact: Upplandslagen contains ammendments (ammendments about the church and its role in being a primary authority).

>Hwat ær wi hittum i hans laghsaghu ær allum mannum þarfflikt ær þæt sætium wir i bok þessæ
That which is good for all humans in his law compilation we will include in this book

Christians, quite literally, pick what they like from older traditions and religions and incorporate it into their own beliefs.

Based

Attached: 1566310886635.jpg (706x720, 108K)

>worshipping yourself

*tips überfedora*

Attached: 155204430143.jpg (1280x800, 179K)

>European polytheistic religions are reemerging
most of those people probably think thor is from the marvel movies

The Bible is like a Jewish comic book full of schizophrenic ramblings.

Attached: 1564178971840.jpg (500x700, 58K)

i think you misinterpreted me, i wasn't shitting on paganism, but on modern day hipsters

Dyēus Phter, Perkwunos, and Hausos of course.

You mean those made up non-gods that are a product of shitty language reconstruction?

I neither follow a religion because my parents or society brainwashed me into it since a child nor as a reactionary trend. I follow the one that made the most sense for me after looking up several ones. That's what an intelligent person capable of critical independent thought does.

If you disagree with me you are retarded.

Attached: 1514371227126.jpg (959x1280, 259K)

Shalom rabbi.

>Easter
Ishtar worship is just as bad
>Christmas
...is Saturnalia. Even worse.

t. worships language reconstructions

>faggoty little larp
>flag
The cognitive dissonance here is phenomenal.

Attached: Arminius says goodbye to Thusnelda. Johannes Gehrts (1884).png (640x909, 1.21M)

Every month I sacrifice a goat to the rock god

Yes. Bragi, Idun and the land wights.

here is one for you
the french canadians call it Chasse-galerie

Attached: Die wilde jagd, Franz Ritter Von Stuck 1889.jpg (600x364, 40K)

Just gonna say this picture makes me feel unwell. It's so inaccurate that it's painful.

and every woman is a whore except your mother, right?
no wonder your "empire" fell twice

Attached: Asterix READ IT BEFORE IT'S GETTING BANNED.png (554x368, 397K)

Hephaestus built automatons. Our past was much more advanced than history says.

Attached: Cylon models.jpg (2048x1086, 369K)

>implying Ishtar has anything to do with Easter.
Try looking into Bede's writings on 'Ēostre', the Anglo-Saxon personification of fertility and the coming dawn (i.e. springtide).

The namesake is derived from the Proto-Germanic "Austro" meaning "radiance, to shine". 'Ēostre', as well as her cognate "Ostara" are personifications of that concept.

Attached: eostre_the_dawn.jpg (441x579, 87K)

Nietzsche said paganism was an apotheosis and celebration of all powerful human feelings and inclinations. People were possessed with the most exalting feelings that they believed that only a god was accountable for those feelings.

Well if that theory satisfies you, fair enough, but, with all due respect to you and the Venerable Bede - I think it's bullshit. The two deities have so many things in common including the name, so I disregard any coincidental linguistic meanings.

La Chasse-Galerie us extremely religious though and it's more of a myth than a holiday. However, we celebrate the summer solstice as we set up our national day right after it.

No over 30 or dont smoke cannabis believe in that larp. Its good to know about your history, volk and old traditions, but you cant restart a religion who have been dead for 1000 years

understand the difference between can and will :)

t. believes in evolution and the big bang

Attached: Tipped too much.png (500x320, 181K)

Not sure where to get started desu. Any required reading I could check out.

Attached: wernher_von_braun.jpg (824x1023, 288K)

That's Iuppiter, to be specific.

!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!

They are taking down Jow Forums

They took down the archive

Get the fuck in here!!!!! Were fucking fucked in the fucker!!!!

!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT !!!!!RED ALERT!!!!

Grow up.

Attached: image.jpg (1583x2048, 448K)

Germanic, Roman and Hellenic are the only based ones. Let's be real...

biblehub.com/matthew/15-24.htm
>He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

Attached: 1531331387264.jpg (720x811, 33K)

faggots still don't understand ,The ten commandments are not a request or a suggestion.They are enforced.How do you think it turns out for the jesus freeks and the other organized religions and their supporters

wtf is going on in this exchange? does anyone else find this to be odd?

I seriously dont understand how you guys can be so retarded as to think the problem is the religion itself and not the intentional misrepresentation of the works via infiltration

The Jews are technically anyone who is Christian. Christ made the Church spiritual instead of physical. We are now baptized by the Holy Spirit, we are saved by faith not works, and all who follow him are considered part of the tribe. The Talmudic Goblins who call themselves Jews are not!

I think it's a result of being good. Too naive to buy into people spending time building fake trust to subvert. I hope these good qualities help them find Christ!

>being so obsessed about Jews and their religion that their saviour only came for the Jewish people

You can engage in mental gymnastics all you want. It doesn't make Christianity less Jewish.

Attached: 1532098318569.jpg (485x883, 228K)

Odin Mit Uns!

Attached: 2051CCF7-0516-4465-ADF0-08DF7C05E511.png (500x507, 154K)

How Jewish is it?

See

>Not an answer.
Fucking retards

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

*wipes tears*

I think Jesus would love this meme.

>quotations for the Bible itself
>not an answer

t.

Attached: 1547530783560.png (1070x1007, 306K)

Seriously, one intelligent response.
That’s all I’m asking.

>*wipes tears*
Huh?

>quotations for the Bible itself
Are you ok?