CAST IRON COOKING THREAD: Save the western world

theintercept.com/2018/11/30/pfoa-and-pfos-cause-lower-sperm-counts-and-smaller-penises-study-finds/

naturalnews.com/025779.html

Attached: ge5ce6h.jpg (2840x3698, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

raypeat.com/articles/articles/iron-dangers.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: h832br8.jpg (1000x523, 141K)

Attached: hu8h5ubn.jpg (1280x960, 595K)

i legit made some chili this weekend. its so good. i use 5 types of meat. (steak, lean ground beef, spicy italian sausage, bacon, & pepperoni) and 3 types of chilies. really good.

Attached: canvas.png (500x391, 463K)

Can my mom cook tendies in them?

bruh if you're not on that low carbon steel you're doing it wrong

Attached: file.png (750x752, 321K)

I will never use cast iron again and I recommend you do the same. Oil cakes on the fucker and you cant use dish soap to clean it. Stick to non stick teflon pans

Attached: 5d96g.jpg (3648x2736, 1.9M)

Attached: n83n48.jpg (2048x1365, 450K)

Oil cakes on? You simply rub a small amount of olive oil inside after you've rinsed it.

0/8, pretty weak attempt.

Sounds delicious. Never give up your cast iron.

raypeat.com/articles/articles/iron-dangers.shtml

>And never contact me or my wife’s biracial son again, okay!?

You can use small amounts of soap if you don't do it every day and oil it up after rinsing it with water. you can also use a scraper to remove stuff. Cast iron and stainless steel is the only thing that should be used when cooking.

>sausages, bacon and pepperoni are "types of meat"
>flag
you cant make this up

Attached: 1552081186423.jpg (1024x903, 70K)

My penis is 3 inches fully erect. My sister committed suicide in a gay bakery in 2006 after seeing me jerk off in her bedroom and I'm a virgin.

I don't blame the cookware I blame Jesus.

Attached: 1566630402802.png (857x586, 682K)

Attached: b38fb39.jpg (200x242, 13K)

Idk I cooked on it all the time for weeks and then one day I noticed it was just a never ending amount of fucking gunk on it that I just couldn't wipe off. If you use dish soap then everything you cook in it will taste like soap, if you use metal you will scratch it because iron cast iron is easy to scuff, and when it is scratched it becomes harder to clean.
You faggots have obviously never cooked with cast iron.

I use stainless steel more than cast

Pork medallions in the Dutch oven lid.

Attached: B3806E7A-3890-425D-97AF-87AEA34892EB.jpg (2592x1936, 1.66M)

Carbon steel user cast iron is dead

You gotta cook on it for years then it becomes priceless. Still carbon steel is the future

Sounds like it just needs to be re-seasoned. Periodic seasoning is standard maintenance with cast iron...

i will be entering the Route 66 chili cook-off next year. you are welcome to come and try it.

Attached: 286D9C7D00000578-0-image-a-2_1431170120959.jpg (962x603, 124K)

You just heat it on high until its hot as fuck and scrub it under running water, re-season it and you're good to go.

perfect timing for this thread. I just went camping and my pans are covered in soot. Whats the best way to get them off?? Im going to home depot in a sec to get some steel wool, and I have Easy Off oven cleaner. Should I use both? My pans need an overhaul

No. You scrape it clean with chainmail or a steel scrubber, then wipe it clean and oil it. Never, ever wash cast iron. Fire kills everything.
Cast iron is porous, it absorbs the soap flavor. Only put food in it.
>tfw the best cast iron has 1/2" of bacon grease permanently in it
>if you use metal you will scratch it because iron cast iron is easy to scuff
You need to season it yourself. This goes back to never washing it. Bring the pan down to bare metal with a wire brush, sand blaster or sanding block. Clean, apply a layer of oil and bake for an hour. Light oil again, cook on it following above instructions.

I would love to buy a cast iron pan but I can't afford the meat to cook in it

Attached: IMG_20190818_114724218_HDR.jpg (3120x4160, 2.29M)

You cute little burger
*kisses*
What is your recipe?

Attached: 1566164833425.jpg (367x446, 41K)

Name of manufacturer? We're looking for a dutch oven like that for camping.

Attached: 15nubt.jpg (707x960, 161K)

Sadly, cooking anything is toxic and bad for the body. You should make cutesy raw meals with flavor, instead.
Unless you are this furry faggot.
All furries must die.
And this one.

What if you mix vinegar and baking soda and bring it to a boil, that usually works for everything right?

>Route 66 chili cook-off
When? Where? My belly will be there.

Holy fuck.

i'm not a furry you weirdo

Attached: 1pzrdd.jpg (640x636, 51K)

>WHO research
dropped

what am I going to boil my big pans in?

Chicken, pork, fish, stuffed mushrooms any more reasonable?

June in Flagstaff

Attached: Flagstaff.jpg (680x360, 73K)

After a second thought, learn to hunt.

Lodge Dutch oven lid upside down on the campfire.

>free healthcare
>rising food prices
>????
Not sure what these rising prices are aboot!

Someone redpill me on cast iron. I use a crock pot for 90% of my meals because its convenient and im uncultured, why should I look into cast iron?

Attached: 1509850484311.png (650x559, 13K)

>Easy Off oven cleaner
Jesus H. user, don't do that. Just scrub it with steel wool and water.

>sausage
"A sausage is a cylindrical meat product usually made from ground meat, often pork, beef, or veal, along with salt, spices and other flavourings, and breadcrumbs"
>bacon
"Bacon is a type of salt-cured pork"
>pepperoni
"Pepperoni is an American variety of salami, made from cured pork and beef mixed together and seasoned with paprika or other chili pepper"

Now, if you prepared a dish with say, pure chicken breast, but added spices and other things to it, would it not still be meat?
Fuck off mongoloid rape baby

>if you use metal you will scratch it
Who fucking cares? I have been using the same one for 20 years. It looks like shit. I even left it outside in the rain. It still cooks.

This shit is right up there with anti-vaxx.
kys.

Here's something original and quality. Bump

Making a matetial thicker reduces conductivity, but it does make heating more even. A paper thin piece of metal on a burner would have the best conductivity, but would suffer from horrible hot spots that cause burning.

Cast iron is for more like fry pan cooking. Your slow cooker might be full of teflon and you should get rid of it if it is, but slow cooking is good if that's what you're talented in.

have you considered the one in Gatlinburg early November?
Asking for a fren

Oh hell yes. Been meaning to attend for years. Love poverty with a view, too.
Thanks user. We've been looking at the combo cooker.
Holy fuck, you can buy a significant portion of a beef animal for that price in the US.

>Whats the best way to get them off?
It doesn't matter. It's a tool. Just keep cooking.

I've been using exclusively cast iron for almost a decade. Fucking slowpokes, took you long enough to join the winning side.

20 bucks a pound for USDA Prime is high, but not outlandish either. Choice is probably 2/3 to 1/2 that.

The issue isn't that people who want to have kids (under 35) aren't able to have kids.

It's just that intelligent people who are incapable of having kids don't want them.

I've told you before not to post here. Fuck off with your peasant metals.

What's next, lead lined flasks?

> But bro it retains the heat better if you're at college and can't afford the BTU's

Attached: best-copper-cookware-sets-review.jpg (1000x667, 59K)

Absolute patrician taste

Attached: 7154iELy59L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x434, 40K)

I thought about using it because i feel like aside from the soot I also have built up gummy oil on the inside of the pan. The seasoning seems uneven and Im considering stripping everything. Should I should steel wool all parts of it and reapply a crisco seasoning a few times?

13 something a lb is pretty reasonable price for prime meat. get a lower grade cut and save shekels.

> "Turn over at least twice"
Good way to fuck up a steak.
Red hot cast iron skillet, Pat of butter, sear both sides, pop into 400 c oven 5 minutes.
Salt and pepper to taste.

You can put a lid on cast iron and put it inside an oven. I do it all the time. Similar to a dutch oven or crock pot.

Attached: hg483h.jpg (683x1024, 516K)

Your two sources are ridiculous conspiracy websites, fuck off back to /x/ faggot.

Lodge is plenty good for quality. They only lack in design. Sportsmans Guide often has decent deals on Lodge.

most crackpots are ceramic, no?

400 degree F not C.
This isn't Ruth's Chris.

I put an all-clad brand lid on my cast iron and leave it on top of the stove some times. Works great for steaming. Just have to turn it over once in a while to fry it evenly.

Is there a way to actually make these things non stick that doesn't require 3 hours of treatment after every meal?

>white meat
>and dark meat
>are both chicken
>lol amerifats

Attached: brainlet mask smug.jpg (645x588, 57K)

There you go brother! Now that's a chilli. Tip: cook a little bacon for the fat, then brown meat cubes a few pcs at a time so they dont steam each other and just on two or three but not all sides. They stay tender. Deglaze the brown bits from the browning with a little stock and scrap with wood spoon. Passillo is a nice chilli witha chocolatey/raisin flavor, all the little red ones addd heat. Puree the hall out of the chillies so they are not gritty in the finished product. Beans are for peasants.

Get that foo foo British shit outta here. We killed off thousands of Indians, Mexicans, and other undesirables and fed ourselves on cast iron cookware. The guns were heavy and so were our dishes. Don't knock real tradition started by real men.

Looks great. Bump

Verboten! Season your cast iron.

>400 C
That is 753 degrees. Most ovens can't even go that hot.

I'm on a diet and this thread pops up...

i see the child's portion, what are the adults eating?

Yeah, usually. I used one to heat my apartment once and you would not believe how the salt caked on it to where I had to consult HVAC people about what hardcore chemicals I need to dissolve it.

It's ok. I'll stick with my cast iron.

Been using All Clad cop-r-chef for almost 30 years. Get on my level pleb.

I'm going right now to buy another Lodge hibachi grill. That thing was great for sausages and steak

It isn't unlikely that the chemical of non stick pans is bad. Why use it for at all if you don't have to?

Just eat vegetables, nigger. Raw ones for a day or three and it will change your digestive system. You don't need to be a vegan.

Yeah. Or get it sand blasted if you must. Easy Off will totally fuck it. It will absorb that shit.

Best you go buy a commercial oven...
Or....
Read my correction.

1)this kinda bait because its in St. John's, Newfoundland(says on the package) which is an Island that's out of the way. Stuff always costs more there because it has to be shipped
2) Newfoundland has some of the best wild life hunting in Canada. The great wilderness of NFLD is home to some of the biggest moose you'll ever see yet your purchasing meat at Costco? bud get with the times eh

Attached: 34efaf5aa54fef575c8a924dae4d186f.jpg (734x476, 79K)

>Sportsmans Guide often has decent deals on Lodge.
Rural King has a good selection too.

That price is in Canada dollars which are worth like 3/4th of real money and it's value is plummeting even more. It's $36 for 3 USDA Prime Steaks, plus they're imported from here too. Regardless that's a good price and I'm sick seeing brainets who don't know meat prices or how currency conversion works.

Attached: 1565529560122.jpg (500x500, 28K)

You fell for Big Iron's lies that Teflon is bad. What about iron poisoning which is a real medical problem?

Had elk but not moose. Redpill me on moose canuck

My Weber will
>cracks a Monster

Easy off is can spray lye. It's what you use for your stove tops. Never ever spray that on you cookware what the fuck.

For you.

Attached: f63v28.jpg (1200x1800, 175K)

bawwwing this hard over Loonies

Attached: Canada_2018_1_Loonie_Proof_Pure_Silver_with_Gold_Plating_Coin_a__57931.1515514094.1280.1280.jpg (512x505, 108K)

fuckin NPCs putting beans and tomatoes in chili.
kys yourself.

>used one to heat my apartment once
I was expecting to see some kind of Eastern Europoor flag on this post

You aren't cooking on exposed Iron. Raw exposed Iron will rust in like 24 hours.

>tomatoes don't go in chili
gys

Based Amerilard