Why do women lie about suicide?

Men are three times more effective at committing suicide than women. Source: williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf#page=4

Traditional societies have ‘very low’ rates of suicide. Source: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3067529

Attached: 3534145681_244a0e6bb7_z.jpg (640x480, 92K)

Attention user checkem

They do It for attention, nothing more really.

same reason women do anything they do it for attention

The reason for that is because men are more likely to use guns when they attempt suicide.

Shooting yourself in the head has a high effectiveness. If you use a shotgun it'll take your whole damn head off.

Women generally use pills or some other gay bullshit that doesn't work.

>why are guns so much better for committing suicide?

this /thread

Sufferers of borderline personality disorder more than 3x likely to fake a suicide for attention. Also intriguing, BPD has only extensively been studied in females - males harder to diagnose. Pic related?

Attached: 1529812487919-1.png (420x1003, 400K)

They’re probably more susceptible to circumstantial depression, the kind that passes quickly. Suicidal thought patterns and romanticizing the idea over time can make it the go-to thought when they feel down. Get emotional enough and they’ll make a half-assed attempt, like trying to od, because deep down they don’t really want to die. That way it puts it all on fate.

Women mostly do it for attention, and when they do want to end it they tend to use more feminine methods which are more likely to fail.

Slicing your wrists is a meme. It never works and people will believe you were just trying to call their attention and treat you like shit, despite the fact you were aiming to kill. Seriously guys, if you are going to KYS and you don't have a fire weapon, just hang from a rope.

>i'm going to drink bleach for attention
Go back to fucking candyland if you think this is how the world function

"finding that males and females reported equal intent, and Denning, Conwell, King,and Cox (2000) corroborated this finding. Furthermore, Beautrais et al. (1996) found that the proportion of males and females who made a medically serious attempt was almost equal, but that twice as many women used non-violent methods. This suggests that the difference in suicide mortality between males and females is a result of method choice, rather than intent."

Some people just really are incompetent.

I know a dude who fucked up getting hit by a train and only lost his arm lmao

I should just kill yourself because Brad doesn't want you.

Attached: jonah.png (920x634, 567K)

>only lost his arm
>can't slice wrists
>can't setup a hang knot
>can't hold a shotgun
>can't craft a homemande handgun
Well his only option is to somehow get a handgun from somewhere, or paying like some decent amount of money to make the "sleepy pill" formula.

Men are 3 times more effective at just about everything

I am female and legit want to die.

I would prefer to do it in a way that doesn't draw any attention to myself. However, I've also contemplated ramming my 95 Camry into a tree bc that seems p metal.

It's also plastered with animu stickers, so I think it would be funny to imagine the people who have to drag my car back out to see that.

Triggered instathot detected

People with BPD are also fifty times more likely to actually die by suicide.

They do it for attention. Some roastie in my class cuts her arms and wears short sleeves to flaunt her shallow paper cuts.

Attached: 1562804732834.jpg (644x800, 150K)

Most psychology is bullshit. It's just a "scientific" soothsaying. It's what they would call "psychological abuse" if they were honest with themselves.

Attention, OP.
I had a female friend who I once hired to work for my company for a number of years. She would "try to kill herself" periodically and of course, be totally fine later, but naturally, she had many stories about how close she came to dying from too many pills, cutting, etc.
A friend who was a roommate of hers later on said that she had a large medical manual that she'd reference before taking too much of any pills so that she'd know where the lethal dose was and make sure she stayed just on the side of being alive. All so she could tell people about her failed attempts. She then ended up fucking every guy who so much as looked at her while she was married to another friend of mine years later after she was temporarily "internet famous" and got a pilot for a television show on her podcast concept, which fell through, now she just virtue signals in California to all of her new friends and burns through men who she gets engaged to every year or so who eventually find out what a human garbage pile she is. Now she's 40, alone, her kids ended up fucked (one spent a few years methed out on skid row sucking dick for drug money, the other went off the rails and ended up in a group home), she's gonna have a great 2nd half of life to look forward to now.

When a man attempts suicide, he actually wants to kill himself.

When a woman “attempts” suicide, she wants attention from Chad.

That's because men are more likely to blow their head off.

That’s not suicide attempt, it’s a way to get attention, she was probably touched by her step dad or uncle

Work in an ER, female suicide attempts are hilarious.

>I called my mom and told her I was going to kill myself and then I waited 10 mins until I knew an ambulance was close before I cut my wrists

You'll come across some who are legit but at least 90% are purely for attention from mommy and daddy. With men you'll have guy come in with half their face hanging off because they missed their brain with the gun on accident.

But user, this IS how the world works.
Fake suicide, get attention, start kickstarter campaign, get $1M+ dollars in pity money from virtue signalling leftists, rinse and repeat, never work a day in your life.

While more women attempt suicide for attention than men do, as many in this thread have already pointed out, that's not the main driving force behind why male suicide attempts are much more successful than female suicide attempts. The two main reasons are as follows:

1. Most men who kill themselves live alone, and so suicide attempts that could have been saved with timely intervention, aren't, because nobody is around. Female suicide is more likely to be associated with social turmoil, not loneliness.

2. Women are cowards, physically incompetent, and afraid of guns, causing them to go with suicide techniques with lower efficacy. They literally don't know how to kill themselves. This is also the primary reason why the female murder rate is so much lower: even when they are filled with the same level of violent intent, they are much less capable of meaningfully expressing it.